00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dreamygf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

125,166 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 14:49:25

So the favourites (Spain) have been beaten by a totally rubbish team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 14:56:35

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 14:58:16

What the flock?How did the ball go like that?Really, really weird.
Nevertheless, great goal...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 14:59:15

At 6/16/10 02:58 PM, HeavyTank wrote: What the flock?How did the ball go like that?Really, really weird.

It touched the back of a defender, giving it a weird effect and then it touched the bar and went in.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:02:10

Deflections are harsh.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:02:16

At 6/16/10 02:59 PM, Mussirus wrote:
At 6/16/10 02:58 PM, HeavyTank wrote: What the flock?How did the ball go like that?Really, really weird.
It touched the back of a defender, giving it a weird effect and then it touched the bar and went in.

yea that had an insane dip at the end of it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:19:36

Half-time: 1-0

Nice match so far, but i really hope South-Africa will play a bit better in the 2nd half.
However, i think Uruguay will win this match. 3-1.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:21:46

Plllllleeeeeeeaaassseee make us winnnn
IMO Uruguay wasn't bad, and kept attaking, so the goal was "fair"...
South Africa should push more, if they keep this up they'll probably end up losing even more.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:29:56

At 6/16/10 03:28 PM, Rawter wrote: Damn it that goal was really good, came off a South African players head and dipped into the goal they showed it on reply. I am from South Africa and if any of the players are reading this then GOOD LUCK YOU CAN STILL DO IT.

Which South African player is going to be reading a post on Newgrounds? In-game?

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:30:31

At 6/16/10 03:28 PM, Rawter wrote: I am from South Africa and if any of the players are reading this then GOOD LUCK YOU CAN STILL DO IT.

Yeah, i'm sure the players of South Africa are visiting Newgrounds during the break.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 15:33:01

At 6/16/10 02:49 PM, BobbaQ wrote: So the favourites (Spain) have been beaten by a totally rubbish team.

Rubbish team? Switzerland may not be that great, but they are far away from being a "rubbish team".

Also, the matches this day are a lot more interesting. Honduras - Chile started great with lots of good scenes from both teams. Spain - Switzerland wasn't that bad either and South Africa - Urugay seems to be a lot faster game than those games in the first round of the group phase. Let's hope those games act as a role model for the upcoming games.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:02:50

I thought Uruguay might score another goal, but the match became a little boring the past ten minutes. South-Africa seems to do better now, but I don't know if they'll manage to score. They should probably bring in another striker.

Would suck for the South-Africans if they lost this game by the way. They'll be on the verge of being eliminated.

At 6/16/10 03:33 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/16/10 02:49 PM, BobbaQ wrote: So the favourites (Spain) have been beaten by a totally rubbish team.
Rubbish team? Switzerland may not be that great, but they are far away from being a "rubbish team".

I agree. They got some good players like Senderos, N'Kufo, Barnetta and lots of others playing for clubs in the major, European leagues. Of course they're not favorites or anything, but there are much worse teams out there.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:04:31

Penalty get, and goalkeeper do not get!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:09:35

South African goalkeeper sent off...wow.

2-0 Uruguay from a penalty.

"We would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy...unworthy of the gift of life..."

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:10:01

Oh well.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:10:58

At 6/16/10 04:09 PM, FuckChrist wrote: South African goalkeeper sent off...wow.

South Africa fucking suck. Why is the World Cup being hosted there? How did they afford to build such a modest stadium, I thought they were in poverty?

No more money for these fucks.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:14:16

The people there might be poor, but the country itself certainly is not...
Also, minus respect points to SA fans ragequitting...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:18:32

At 6/16/10 04:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote: The people there might be poor, but the country itself certainly is not...

Are you serious? I haven't learned much about SA, I knew the people were very poor and other countries were contributing money to them.. but the actual country is RICH? That's the saddest, most selfish thing I've ever heard.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:21:51

Very nicely taken penalty by Forlan. The games' decided I guess. South-Africa is probably eliminated, which is too bad since they're the hosts and all.

At 6/16/10 04:10 PM, simon wrote:
At 6/16/10 04:09 PM, FuckChrist wrote: South African goalkeeper sent off...wow.

South Africa fucking suck. Why is the World Cup being hosted there? How did they afford to build such a modest stadium, I thought they were in poverty?

No more money for these fucks.

Actually, I believe South-Africa is one of the richer countries in the African continent. They got a lot of recourses and the tourism industry is pretty big I think.

A large part of the population is living in poverty though, but those are mostly migrants from neighboring countries. So they are not that rich, but they're not as poor as most African countries.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:21:53

Taken from Wikipedia:

By UN classification South Africa is a middle-income country with an abundant supply of resources, well-developed financial, legal, communications, energy, and transport sectors, a stock exchange that ranks among the top twenty in the world, and a modern infrastructure supporting an efficient distribution of goods to major urban centres throughout the entire region. South Africa is ranked 25th in the world in terms of GDP (PPP) as of 2008.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:23:37

At 6/16/10 04:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote: The people there might be poor, but the country itself certainly is not...

3-0 now.

Think there's gonna be alot joining them.

"We would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy...unworthy of the gift of life..."

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:23:54

At 6/16/10 04:20 PM, Rawter wrote: Not saying this for nothing SA has quite a lot of crime and murder and when you piss off these people they do some terrible shit(hope everything goes okay though) :)

3-0 EVERYONE HIDE!!!

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:24:14

At 6/16/10 04:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Taken from Wikipedia:

Thanks for that, moving on back to World Cup Discussion!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:30:18

Regardless of how rich the country is and how poor the people are, having the World Cup brings in much much more money and infrastructure than is spent in organising it- South Africa will be reaping the rewards for years to come. So being poor would actually be a better reason for hosting it than being rich.

Anyway...

Shame for the tournament, but Uruguay look a good side (and should have beaten France). They will be confident of topping the group now and avoiding Argentina. Fingers crossed for a draw in the France- Mexico game tomorrow now, giving SA a solid chance to go through with a win in their last match.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 16:59:13

South Africa failed.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 17:00:02

Well Uruguay certainly gave South Africa an ass kicking.

A goal in stoppage time? Now that's just insulting.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 17:15:41

Go Uruguay! Yay!

I don't like complaining about the referees' job, but Busacca's arbitrage (?) on the second half was pretty bad. Anyway, we ended up winning and it's all over now, so I'm still happy :D

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 17:18:15

Here's my take so far:

France is dead. They're gonna tie Mexico and RSA if they don't lose to both of them. Uruguay is in the clear after an impressive showing today. Greece is also done, didn't watch Nigeria vs. Argentina so I can't say much about either. But Argentina is a fine squad so they'll advance. I think South Korea is gonna put a show on against Argentina and end up winning the group. I'm pulling for the US in group C, but I don't think they'll win the group. I think they'll beat Algeria but lose to Slovenia. In my opinion Slovenia looks to be the best team in group C. We'll see what happens though. Germany is the team to beat; there is no doubt in my mind that they will come out with 9 points. As for second place in group D, its completely up for grabs. Group E is gonna send Netherlands and Japan through; both Cameroon and Denmark looked incredibly sloppy. I'd like to see New Zealand get through group F but I'm under the impression that Italy had a wake up call from Paraguay and they are gonna get their act together. Second place in group F is up for grabs; who wants it most? Brasil is definitely winning the group of death and hopefully CIV will take second (shouldn't be too difficult if Drogba could get his act together) but North Korea looked like a formidable opponent. Chile looks fine and will probably end up winning group H, but Spain will get their act together and take second.

That took way too long, don't bother reading into it much. It's the World Cup anything can happen.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 17:20:06

It's a shame that South Africa had to, essentially, have their asses handed to them 3-0. The spirit just seemed to be gone, emphasised by the large numbers of fans just leaving after the penalty, though I can understand their frustration. I have to say that they made Uruguay look much better though. Forlan had a good game, as did some of the wingers. South Africa, unfortunately, could barely seem to conjure up an attack for most of the second half. I do hope they can get something out of France. It'd be a shame if they just sort of withered away now.

Just for the other discussion taking place, FIFA's rotation policy made it so that this World Cup was definitely going to be an African one. It was needed, because African nations would otherwise be outbidded fairly easily, and there really needed to be an African World Cup. Living in a house of Bolton fans, I know that at some points in the seasons gone by, that their team just grinds to a halt at certain times due to the African Cup of Nations taking all their top players away.

Long story short, it was down to Morocco, Egypt and South Africa. You'll notice that these three are countries that non-Africans consider somewhat 'safe' when looking over a map of Africa.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-16 17:28:02

The high rollers? Doing bad?

Johnny, go and get my Uncle Sam hat.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.