00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

124,875 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 11:36:46

Shit, i meant WIN not WON.
I want them to win for once, i feel bad for em xP

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 12:19:35

Pastafag here.

We're not sucking QUITE as much as I'd expected. But that's not saying a whole lot, unfortunately.

Lippi's a dick, he should have brought Cassano, Perrotta, Cassetti, Totti and even Balotelli along. But no, he's a prissy little bitch, who lets his personal issues mess up his professional choices, so even in a dire situation such as the one our team is currently going through, he won't do the smart thing and bring out the few "big guns" that we've got.

Not that I'm saying that those players I mentioned would get our team back to the sort of kick-assery that it was at in 2006, but they'd do SOMETHING, goddamnit.

Hope we get past the next two games, three at the very most. Anything beyond that is optimistic to the point of being in complete denial.

MEANWHILE: Let's hope Mexico clobbers those snooty Frenchmen tonight. Can't fucking stand 'em.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 12:52:36

Dang, that was an epic match..Greece really deserved to win, especially since they were so unlucky in the first half (ridiculous mistake by goalie, lots of missed opportunities)..the red card certainly helped, but they had so many good chances in the second half that it was impossible not to score...both goalies made some stupid mistakes, but they both also made some very nice saves...you could also see that some Greek players really fought hard to keep the ball, and it paid off...
Overall it was a very exciting match...
About the next match vs Argentina, well, a draw would be good and since they already have what they need to pass they won't be really trying to win, unlike Greece.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 13:22:38

At 6/17/10 12:52 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Dang, that was an epic match..Greece really deserved to win, especially since they were so unlucky in the first half (ridiculous mistake by goalie, lots of missed opportunities)..the red card certainly helped, but they had so many good chances in the second half that it was impossible not to score...both goalies made some stupid mistakes, but they both also made some very nice saves...you could also see that some Greek players really fought hard to keep the ball, and it paid off...
Overall it was a very exciting match...
About the next match vs Argentina, well, a draw would be good and since they already have what they need to pass they won't be really trying to win, unlike Greece.

Argentina to beat them 6-0. Seriously, Greece are just awful and would never have won today if Nigeria hadn't shot themselves in the foot. If they need to get something from their last match it will just make it even easier for Argentina to rip them into tiny pieces. In fact I think 6-0 is being a little generous to them...

Continuing some of the sentiment posted above, fingers crossed Mexico hammer France tonight. They had to cheat to get here, the least they can do is let a much more attacking and exciting side go through to the last 16, rather than us having to suffer more rubbish from Govou, Anelka et al.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 13:28:31

At 6/17/10 12:52 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Dang, that was an epic match..Greece really deserved to win, especially since they were so unlucky in the first half (ridiculous mistake by goalie, lots of missed opportunities)..

Give the goalie a break, guys.
Sure, the goal makes him look stupid, but those free kicks are very hard for any keeper. He thought a nigerian player would touch the ball and send it to his right, so he moved there. But in the very last moment the player moved out of the way and let the ball pass him.
It's very hard for a goalie because he HAS to make a decision and doesn't have much time for it. He would have looked as stupid if he decided to stay where he was and then an oposing player heads the ball into the net...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 13:35:13

Argentina wins and Nigeria fails.

Argentina started with a lame own goal and an awful play by Demichelis. In the second half they picked up and played the way everyone was expecting them to play. And Nigeria blew a 1-0 lead with a red card, very immature for a World Cup.

Anyway, I hope Mexico beats France later today. Considering we're having many goals in the recent matches, I'd say this could be a 3-1 Mexico. :)

At 6/17/10 07:42 AM, Auz wrote: I thought France - Mexico was up right now, but it looks like it's Argentina - South-Korea. How illogical =/

Indeed, I've been wondering this with my friends during the match. Our guess is that's just an audience strategy, more people would rather watch Argentina than France.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 14:09:38

At 6/17/10 01:22 PM, Sentio wrote: Argentina to beat them 6-0. Seriously, Greece are just awful and would never have won today if Nigeria hadn't shot themselves in the foot. If they need to get something from their last match it will just make it even easier for Argentina to rip them into tiny pieces. In fact I think 6-0 is being a little generous to them...

I agree. I hope Argentina and South-Korea make it through their group. Even though South-Korea was hammered by Argentina today, at least they have the balls to go for the attack instead of going for 1-0's and trying to minimalize the damage against bigger teams.

Continuing some of the sentiment posted above, fingers crossed Mexico hammer France tonight. They had to cheat to get here, the least they can do is let a much more attacking and exciting side go through to the last 16, rather than us having to suffer more rubbish from Govou, Anelka et al.

I agree with this also. They cheated to get here and played an absolutely dreadful match against Uruguay.

So Argentina, South-Korea, Uruguay and Mexico making to the next round would be nothing less than justice in my opinion.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 14:10:38

¡¡¡¡¡Vamos MÉXICO!!!!

This is going to be a hard game for Mexico, we have never beaten France before... And to make things worse they have Wade Fulp playing for them, brrr.

I was hoping they wouldn't let Guillermo Franco play, he missed so many great chances against South Africa... ugh, at least they are not using that good for nothing Bofo Bautista.

Anyway this game is decisive for Group A, a win for Mexico is necessary (even though a tie and a win over Uruguay might suffice too). South Africa's chances of passing to the next round are pretty slim, just like most African nations in this world cup, save for Ghana...
In a somewhat unrelated note, only one team from the Americas (CONCACAF & CONMEBOL) has lost on the first phase of the tournament; Honduras against a fellow Chile, every other "American" team has either win or drawn, I'm crossing my fingers to keep this up and for a second round full of America.

Let's hope for a bright, fast, tactical, determined and FINISHING game from México, FTW.

¡¡¡¡¡Vamos MÉXICO!!!!

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 14:19:41

At 6/17/10 01:35 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 6/17/10 07:42 AM, Auz wrote: I thought France - Mexico was up right now, but it looks like it's Argentina - South-Korea. How illogical =/
Indeed, I've been wondering this with my friends during the match. Our guess is that's just an audience strategy, more people would rather watch Argentina than France.

Yeah you can clearly see that they're planning the matches of the 'big countries' at 20:30 (South-African time) if possible. However, I think Argentina - South-Korea would be at least as interesting as France - Mexico. On the other hand though, it's likely that more French people are watching than Argentinians.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 14:24:41

At 6/17/10 02:21 PM, Rawter wrote: I really hope Mexico and the French draw 0-0. That would be best for South Africa :)

I kinda hope that too, but man that would make a boring game.

Not that it would be a huge disappointment, considering it's France.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 14:25:38

At 6/17/10 02:21 PM, Rawter wrote: I really hope Mexico and the French draw 0-0. That would be best for South Africa :)

I so want South Africa out, everyone has been ass licking them so much because they're the hosts they wouldnt fucking be there if they weren't hosting it and who knows maybe it'll stop a few going to football and stop playing them fucking vuvuzelas (or whatever the fuck they're called)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:04:39

Vuvuzelas not that prominent in this match. Starting to hear some good old chants from the Mexicans.

Don't expect intelligence.

"VEGAN IS SYMBOLIC OPPRESSION! STOP THE MURDER OF PLANTS! GO SUNLIGHT DIET!"

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:21:25

At 6/17/10 03:04 PM, Eddyking wrote: Vuvuzelas not that prominent in this match. Starting to hear some good old chants from the Mexicans.

indeed, also espn said they put a filter on them, although sometimes it gives them a pulsing sound like the filter goes in and out

in your bbs, killin your threads

the more you hate it, the stronger it gets

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:24:21

Since when have people cared for South Africa?
Root for your own countries.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:26:07

At 6/17/10 03:06 PM, Ejit wrote: Zzzzzzzz

I actually thought it was a bit more exciting. Sure there have been no goals but both teams have been very open and a goal looks sure to come if the 2nd half continues like this. No idea which way it'll go.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:45:59

The vuvuzelas they're not as loud! You can hear mexican chants and songs good good, i so hope they beat France cmon you Mexicans! Also i find the lack of support the french are giving disgraceful if they were playing England im sure we would hear a "your support is fucking shit" chant.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:49:56

something happened guys

hfg

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:51:39

You fucking beauty love it! Good job linesman aswell i first thought he was offside.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:58:41

It was offsides... not that I care I fuckin hate the french.

wtfbbqhax

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 15:59:56

Meanwhile in Dublin..

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:05:03

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:26:02

That is the most excited I've got about a game that hasn't involved England all tournament. Get in Mexico, get out France. Nobody wanted them in the tournament anyway, and clearly the French players are as happy to lose as the rest of the world are that they have. Domenech is going to be destroyed in the French press tomorrow.

Interestingly France crashed out in 2002 without scoring a single goal- they are 2/3 of the way to repeating that impressive feat this year :)

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:36:47

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good ol' France.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:36:51

At 6/17/10 01:22 PM, Sentio wrote: Argentina to beat them 6-0. Seriously, Greece are just awful and would never have won today if Nigeria hadn't shot themselves in the foot. If they need to get something from their last match it will just make it even easier for Argentina to rip them into tiny pieces. In fact I think 6-0 is being a little generous to them...

Yeah, they were so awful that they managed to come back from a really, really crappy mood they were in (the team got flamed a lot my the media after the first match), especially in the first world cup in which they ever managed to score (and win, hurr).
Argentina will want to keep their best players for later matches so they will use most of their reserves and they won't really try to win (and they don't have to)...on the other hand, Greece will give 100%, and that will probably result in a draw...
If they play like they played today minus the stupid defensive mistakes then they're all good.
You should never underestimate anyone, especially in this WC...you saw what happened with Mexico...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:46:05

At 6/17/10 04:42 PM, Victory wrote: Good riddance Les Bleus.

Frankly, I never liked Domenech and I think that he is the main reason for this epic fuckup...I sure hope they get a better one next time..
Adieu les Bleus, pas de chance!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:51:23

At 6/17/10 04:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
Yeah, they were so awful that they managed to come back from a really, really crappy mood they were in (the team got flamed a lot my the media after the first match), especially in the first world cup in which they ever managed to score (and win, hurr).
Argentina will want to keep their best players for later matches so they will use most of their reserves and they won't really try to win (and they don't have to)...on the other hand, Greece will give 100%, and that will probably result in a draw...
If they play like they played today minus the stupid defensive mistakes then they're all good.
You should never underestimate anyone, especially in this WC...you saw what happened with Mexico...

1) Greece only know how to play defensively. That has been their only tactic for a good 10 years now, and if they have to push forward for a win they will leave gaping holes at the back.

2) The Argentina C team is better than Greece. Far better.

3) Argentina will want to win. They are not stupid enough to sit back and lose, risking getting second in the group and a much tougher run in the next few rounds. Also they are one side who with the pressure off will see it as a chance to batter the opposition. Remember their 6-0 win in the last world cup over Serbia? They will be relaxed and wanting to hammer them to prove a point to the world, and even without Messi (who I think will play anyway) they'll have Milito/ Aguero/ Tevez/ Higuian etc etc.

4) I fully expected Mexico to win tonight. France have been dreadful for some time, and anyone that thought they were favourites to get out of this group hasn't been watching them play. They have a dreadful manager, dreadful attitude and a bunch of players that think they are much better than they really are. Now Switzerland/North Korea etc. were a shock, I'll give you that...

So I'll have to disagree with you. I will doff my hat to you if Greece get a result against Argentina, but I just don't see it happening.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 16:59:23

At 6/17/10 04:51 PM, Sentio wrote: 1) Greece only know how to play defensively. That has been their only tactic for a good 10 years now, and if they have to push forward for a win they will leave gaping holes at the back.

Yeah, they played SO defensively against Nigeria (we didn't see any "gaping holes" in their defence, but that was probably because NIgeria didn't bother attacking in the second half)..and believe me, their tactic is not only "LOL DEFENCE"...

2) The Argentina C team is better than Greece. Far better.

Don't give me that shit.C teams are slightly more than amateur, and THEY would lose 6-0 if they played against the normal Greek team...

3) Argentina will want to win. They are not stupid enough to sit back and lose, risking getting second in the group and a much tougher run in the next few rounds. Also they are one side who with the pressure off will see it as a chance to batter the opposition. Remember their 6-0 win in the last world cup over Serbia? They will be relaxed and wanting to hammer them to prove a point to the world, and even without Messi (who I think will play anyway) they'll have Milito/ Aguero/ Tevez/ Higuian etc etc.

That nobody can predict..they have nothing to prove now, a draw would be more than enough for them

4) I fully expected Mexico to win tonight. France have been dreadful for some time, and anyone that thought they were favourites to get out of this group hasn't been watching them play. They have a dreadful manager, dreadful attitude and a bunch of players that think they are much better than they really are. Now Switzerland/North Korea etc. were a shock, I'll give you that...

I agree with everything except the player part.
The players ARE really good if you "scan" them individually, but they just don't cut it playing all together...

So I'll have to disagree with you. I will doff my hat to you if Greece get a result against Argentina, but I just don't see it happening.

OH NO SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH ME *faints*
Meh, we'll see in 5 days I guess :P

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:05:04

LOL France

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:07:33

I've only seen the first 30 minutes of France - Mexico and from those I already predicted Mexico would win this one. After the first 10 minutes it could've 2-0 for Mexico already. After 30 minutes it could've been 3-0 or 4-0 already if Mexico had been more efficient with their finishing.

Good to see they did win in the end with a solid 2-0 victory. France could still make it though this group, but they will have to win with about a 4 goals difference from South-Africa if they wanna stand a chance. Judging from the way they played up until now, I don't see that happening.

It's amazing how you can fuck so badly with such a good team (on paper) by the way. Although it might not be entirely Domenechs fault.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:19:03

Justice for Ireland!

Bye bye Frenchies

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature