00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,148 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-24 21:01:53

Much thanks to whoever did my page! :D But there about 1,000 other artists who deserve a page before (most) of us mods.

I do hope that the levels/BP ranks update automatically, or else these profiles will be a nuisance to keep up-to-date.

Thank you for the gracious post. If there were no mods, there would be no NG as we know it. We authors can submit where we like, when we like, but you guys make a commitment to NG. Although I was one of the most skeptical of the team regarding making Moderators a Notable group on WikiG, I find that people generally want and expect to see these mod pages, so I have written about a quarter of the basic pages.

I prey we will get a lot of editors over time because, as you say, its a nuisance keeping up with things.

Ex-mod pages being deleted soon! Come and save a favourite!

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-29 16:44:38

There are two days left of mod month. This is your last chance to get your name on the Wikigrounds front page. Just a friendly reminder.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-05-02 20:03:58

Mod Month Over- Winner HibiscusKazeneko!

We were having a quiet month, with not too much work being done on the Monthly Theme, a new page here an edit there and it was looking a bit low, then I had a chat with a few people and I did a few pages. Finally, I talked to HK, who's idea it was to have pages for the Mods in the first page and she swooped in and gave us a blast of edits and BLAM! we now have at least a simple page for every mod or Admin on Newgrounds!

Also, we have new info on a lot of existing pages, templates, pix, links etc. We have put a few more facts onto the page about Newgrounds Moderators and we have decided that all ex-mods, unless they remain Notable for some other reason, will have their info squashed down into a paragraph on our Ex-Modpage.

New Monthly Theme- Game Parodies
We are looking for new pages on Notable Game Parodies, so if you have a favourite Game Parody with over 1/2 million views OR Weekly 1st or Tank Award nomination, then please knock up a page with pix, sections, catagories and ideally, the Game Template- something like THIS

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-05-04 20:17:22

Bin the "Duck Division Attack 09" page?

Someone has written this page, but its very poor as it stands. We will not keep a page with no refs and evidence. The subject is interesting enough for BBS'ers at least, so does someone out there know the facts of the event? If you can answer any of these questions or have this information:
* How do we know it was the Duck Division?
* Who are the Duck Division, anyway?
* Why was it done?
* How was it fixed?
* What were the reactions of people at the time?
* Has it had any lasting effects?
* Does anyone have screen shots or any other relevent images?
* Who were the key people involved?

Please go to THIS PAGE and give us some info and links/refs or THIS PAGE WILL BE DELETED.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-02 16:53:54

Congratulations Salnax- winner of May's Monthly Theme "Video Game Parodies" between us we blew away the month's target of 30 Parodies.

New Theme for June:

Pictures on Pages.
A picture is worth 1K words. Most of our pages have the obvious 1, but many need 2 to look good. Many should have a cartoony pic and some kind of photo. A game could have some kind of logo and a screen shot. Uploading shouldn't be down to just two or three people, it affects the whole way our wiki is viewed. ALL pages must have at least 1. We should list pages with no pix and tick them off it.
I really think this could be the biggest boost our Wiki could get in a month- Imagine if every single page had some kind of picture, if every member of Admin had two pix- one would be their Userpage pic, another would often be a photo from their posts, or a meet photo or something. This could be something that everyone could join in on and boost our Wikia Spotlight plan too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-02 19:51:30

At 6/2/10 04:53 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Congratulations Salnax- winner of May's Monthly Theme "Video Game Parodies"

Thanks!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-02 20:37:52

Start making new wikiground stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-02 22:43:49

At 6/2/10 08:37 PM, megagrounderx wrote: Start making new wikiground stuff!

We're doing our best. How about you come by and help out?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-05 13:40:06

At 6/3/10 03:23 AM, Grubby wrote: Aww man, the old wikigrounds had an article about a user named "Petrouleum" and now it's gone.

From what I can gather, Petroleum changed his name back when you can still do that.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-06 19:58:40

At 6/2/10 08:37 PM, megagrounderx wrote: Start making new wikiground stuff!

Like what? Tell us what new stuff you want. Since the Phoenix Team of Salnax, Spaintendo and myself stepped in we have produced new types of pages every month:
We now have bot pages, pages about Features of the site, a page about Newgrounds finance... all sorts of new stuff. C'mon, talk to us, people. TELL US WHAT YOU WANT WIKIGROUNDS TO BE!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-07 01:19:51

At 6/6/10 07:58 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Blah blah blah the Phoenix Team of Salnax, Spaintendo and myself blah blah blah

What on Earth is a Phoenix Team?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-09 19:05:31

At 6/7/10 01:19 AM, Salnax wrote:
At 6/6/10 07:58 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Blah blah blah the Phoenix Team of Salnax, Spaintendo and myself blah blah blah
What on Earth is a Phoenix Team?

Well, the Phoenix rises from the ashes. Wikigrounds was left for dead by everyone except IncDis, and even he said he wasn't interested any more when I first came by. Had you two not come by, I would not have stayed for ever- we three are the key players who are holding it together, so now, with hundreds of visitors a day, it FLIES!

A time will come when we three will not visit and edit every day, but hopefully by then, others will be there and the Phoenix will keep flying.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-17 03:01:35

Would you like to help Wikigrounds out? Then just spend a minute or two here, where you can help Wikigrounds get onto the front page of Wikia.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-21 19:30:08

Pix!

We have had loads of pix added to pages, with a stack of images uploaded since the project began. I am personally going through the list of Pages Without Pix but some are difficult to find a pic for.

Ideally, we want at least TWO pix for each page, it looks so much better. If you have a few favourite pages, please check if you can add another suitable picture- maybe one cartoon pic and one photo.

Also, check out Tom Fulp's Page. It has been nominated for Featured Article next month, so add anything you think should be there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-28 23:51:27

If you have any suggestions on how to improve Wikigrounds, just start a topic on the forum here. This forum is devoted to ideas about what kind of articles and info Wikigrounds should have. And once again, be sure to participate in Pix month!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-06-30 20:55:11

PIX, PIX lots of PIX

Mostly thanks to Spaintendo, who obviously wins this month's Theme competition on Wikigrounds. His name will be entered in the Great Book, and he shall be respected forever in the annals of WikiG as the one who added over 50 pictures to our library of pix- but more than that, he transformed many pages with infoboxes too this month.

Well now, the pix were important- if a picture is worth a thousand words, then Spaintendo added 50, 000 words! However, sometimes no ammount of pix will make up for a lack of words and we need info. In order to qualify for Promotion by Wikia, our wiki must have less Stubs than we do now. This means adding info to articles that are very short or merging articles that don't have much info to add. Explore some of the short pages you happen to have info for and add a few sentances (links and pix are always welcome too, but its TEXT we need this month).

What we most want is info that is NOT obvious from peoples user pages or from the submissions themselves. We want to answer people's questions. We want Notable subjects and INTERESTING info. telling people when someone joined Newgrounds is not very exciting and its on the User page. Trawling through someones newposts to discover a bit about a person, with a photo is much more like it.
Which Mod is a Crane operator for a living? What does ReNaeNae look like?

A page about a submission needs to tell us the basics, but what about finding out something we CAN'T find out by seeing it? What did critics say about it? Where else is it uploaded?

Please DON'T create a load of tiny pages at the moment- we are liable to delete them, even if they are on good subjects. We are aiming for pages with at least 7 sentances, 2 pix and at least one link.

I will be away for most of this month, so it won't be me winning this month. Poor Salnax has done SO much lately- someone else step in and drive this one. Hunt down those tiny pages, give them some BEEF and earn yourself a place in Wikigrounds history, like:
Milinko958, Salnax, Spaintendo, and Hibiscus Kazeneko before you

Thanks

The Wikigrounds Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-07-29 19:56:31

Last two days!

Please drop in and improve a couple of the shortest pages. Maybe have a look at our category of Stubs. You may see a short page there that you know stuff about.

Do you know about JoS? What can be told about the Newgrounds Medal System? Got any gossip about Wylo? Why is the Review Request Club important?

Editing wise Wikigrounds is too quiet lately, though the visitors still stream in, hundreds every day and we are DETERMINED to provide answers to their inquiries.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-08-04 19:13:30

Crews!

Our new topic for the month is Flash Crews. We want people to give us info about the Flash Crews we have and any Notable crews we don't have pages for. Inclusivedisjunction has defined Notable as a crew which has continued to produce subs for over a year- which is a pretty generous definition (it even enabled our Dragons & Spirits to qualify!) but still- we don't want new pages for somethng you put together last week with one submission that got blammed anyway.

It would be great if by the end of the month all the Crew pages had sections about the key submissions, the key people; a selction of pix including photo's, screenshots, logos, etc.; links to current websites; awards; brief info about their significance outside of Newgrounds, if any...

Above all, whatever you put in must be linked with references- speculation and random opinion will be removed.

Some of you must know LOTS about Crews, so go for the Editor of the Month award on this subject, with quality new pages, sections, pix, links etc.

This subject will be FIRMLY watched and childish rivalry etc. promptly removed.

Take a look at Crews

Let the editing begin!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-08-06 23:23:41

Badges!

Just wanted to keep the one-bold-word trend going.

Wikigrounds now has an official achievements system, with badges that are automatically given to people who meet the requirements. You can get badges for making five edits, adding a page to a category, uploading a few images, or by writing a blog post. There are even secret badges to be found. Badges can be Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum, and each level gives a certain number of points. And just in case you were wondering, yes, there is a Leaderboard. Since the system was implemented a few minutes ago, I'm #1 at the moment. Try and take me down!

Happy editing!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-08-07 16:47:02

Oh, god, I love the new badge system.

Gotta get some work done, then, I'm aiming for Top 5!

Placeholder signature.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-08-07 23:53:59

At 8/7/10 04:47 PM, PoloPancake wrote: Oh, god, I love the new badge system.

Aw shucks

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-08-16 20:26:19

At 8/7/10 04:47 PM, PoloPancake wrote: Oh, god, I love the new badge system.

Gotta get some work done, then, I'm aiming for Top 5!

What work? You haven't done much yet! The theme this month is Crews. Lets see some action. We need pix, links, info... Come on guys! Who are the most Notable people in the Flash Crews of Newgrounds? What are the top scoring Flash from Crews?

Where are the key quotes from the BBS- what has Tom said about them? Why did Rupee leave the CC? Where else do they submit Flash? Where are you Crew people?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-01 06:11:52

New Monthly Theme: Newgrounds Features

Following the completion of Crews month, which we will report on when a Monthly Winner is announced, we now move to focussing on the features of Newgrounds. This means looking at how the site works, what the different buttons on the Main page lead you to, etc. We want to focus, as ever, on answering people's questions, so what do people want to know that is NOT obvious just from looking at a part of the site. By all means look at FAQ and the internal wiki, but we want to IMPROVE the information available, using pix, links, cats, external links etc. not just copy what is already there. The winner of the Monthly Theme should be someone who adds QUALITY material, not just a string of copying edits from Newgrounds FAQ.

Take a look at the Category of Newgrounds Featureson Wikigrounds to see the wide range of different things we have and want pages on.

What do you want to know about Newgrounds? Please find out and add it to our wiki!

Finally, please do drop in here and say something. We want to know your thoughts- hundreds of people visit Wikigrounds and nobody gives us any feedback! I don't mind being the main voice here, but lets have some DIALOGUE!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-04 14:20:49

This is a sweet club. I'll try to do my best to help out.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-05 09:02:14

I sometimes go on the Newgrounds wiki every now and again. I might edit some pages if I have the spare time.

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-06 01:04:00

At 9/4/10 02:20 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: This is a sweet club. I'll try to do my best to help out.
At 9/5/10 09:02 AM, Trystlions wrote: I sometimes go on the Newgrounds wiki every now and again. I might edit some pages if I have the spare time.

Thanks guys!

In other news, Crews! Icedragon64 did a lot of work this month, improving pages about crews and crew members. We're even featuring the Clock Crew article now. So, it should be no surprise that he won the Monthly Contest. Kudos to him.

Friendly Reminders: This month is all about Newgrounds Features. Even if you don't feel like editing, stop by and tell us what you want from Wikigrounds.

And on a completely unrelated note, here is a picture of my reaction to everybody's help.

The Wikigrounds Club

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-09 20:58:24

Our we allowed to cover random BBS users? And if we are allowed to, what if they make an account? Do they get to change the page or something? Would be kind of awkward.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-09 21:00:09

At 9/9/10 08:58 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: Are we allowed to cover random BBS users? And if we are allowed to, what if they make an account? Do they get to change the page or something? Would be kind of awkward.

Fixed. Normally I wouldn't care but that one bugged me a lot for some reason.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-14 20:00:34

At 9/9/10 09:00 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote:
At 9/9/10 08:58 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: Are we allowed to cover random BBS users?

Not random, only Notable ones. I don't think we have any pages for people who are just Notable as BBS users and I don't think we have defined how they could be Notable just for their BBS posts. If you have someone in mind contact me on WikiG and we can discuss it between admins.

:And if we are allowed to, what if they make an account? Do they get to change the page or something? Would be kind of awkward.

Remember, they wouldn't even need to make an account to change the page. Even Wade Fulp came here and changed his page- he and I talked a bit about it at the time. It can be awkward. We discourage people from directly changing their own page, just as Wikipedia does, though in fact Little-Rena wrote his own page and it was a satisfactory page.

To learn more about Notability on Wikigrounds, you can explore THIS thread, though please don't write in it until/unless you become an Admin on WikiG

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-14 21:19:00

I guess I'll join. I'll be the lovable criticizer.
I like the idea of Wikigrounds, it's just a bit poorly executed. Most of the articles are very short and stubby.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature