New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

I apologize for not being around the wiki that often. Obviously the redesign has brought up some confusion and I am having to adjust to the changes, and get used to all the new systems. I will get back to editing the wiki whenever I am able.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

The Interviewer is back on the front page. It is part of the "Featured Stuff" slides that shows the featured game, movie, artist, musician. It now houses Featured Interview.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 3/18/12 02:06 AM, Austerity wrote: I like this wiki but it needs at least 500 more pages. Perhaps I'll contribute and make some.

What kind of Pages do you think it needs? If you are seriously thinking of creating Pages, please check out our definitions of Notability or your Pages may end up deleted. Welcome anyway!

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Way to go, Salnax! He has been quietly keeping the Wiki going for a while now- give him some help guys!

Monthly Theme

Redesigns. Especially the recent one. What are the changes ? Show us comparative pix; What does Tom say? What do other Notable people say? Are there problems? Is it as promised? Have the problems been fixed? How does this Redesign compare to the previous ones? Where does NG go from here? How do NG redesigns compare with those of other sites?

I will return to judge the month on May 1st- Let the editing begin!!!

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Hey, I'm new to Wikigrounds, I haven't edited anything yet but I suggest something to be added. Not a new artice but writing about what kind of features that have been removed or changed since the redesign.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 06:17 PM, Dragen wrote: Hey, I'm new to Wikigrounds, I haven't edited anything yet but I suggest something to be added. Not a new artice but writing about what kind of features that have been removed or changed since the redesign.

Yes, it should be done. Why don't you do it?

BBS Signature
jaxxDS
jaxxDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 10:57 AM Reply

I'm wondering who's the current admins of the Newgrounds Wikia? I'd like to update some horridly out of date pages but it looks like some things are "protected"

jaxxDS
jaxxDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 02:59 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:57 AM, jaxxDS wrote: I'm wondering who's the current admins of the Newgrounds Wikia? I'd like to update some horridly out of date pages but it looks like some things are "protected"

Still waiting for one of the Wikiagrounds admins to contact me...

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 05:48 AM Reply

At 3/12/13 02:59 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Still waiting for one of the Wikiagrounds admins to contact me...

It had been nearly three months since this thread has active when you posted that you wanted them to contact you and seeing as this page of the thread has taken over a year to get through I'd say you'll have to wait a little longer. Be patient and I'm sure they'll turn up, eventually.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
jaxxDS
jaxxDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 08:39 PM Reply

I've got a few of the old profile templates replaced with the newer ones, but I took a couple of days off to work on my NG Medal score :P.

I'm thinking I will get back to working on the Wikia again in a couple more days.

Hopefully, I can find someone to split up the work with for remaking the User Levels page :)

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 08:39 PM, jaxxDS wrote: I've got a few of the old profile templates replaced with the newer ones, but I took a couple of days off to work on my NG Medal score :P.

I think that is something that everybody has been doing since the new update.

Hopefully, I can find someone to split up the work with for remaking the User Levels page :)

It is something that I'd really like to help with but unfortunately I have quite a bit on my plate right now so I think that I'm going to have to pass for the time being. Maybe once everything has settled down IRL.

BBS Signature
jaxxDS
jaxxDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Just had to undo a bit of vandalism by the DD.

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jun. 28th, 2013 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 4/14/13 12:57 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Just had to undo a bit of vandalism by the DD.

Well done, sir Keep plugging away. Make sure you keep a calm, neutral tone when you deal with anyone, it is the traditional Wikigrounds way, which has kept us from being too badly effected by trolls. Make some plans, do some work, tell NG what you are up to and others may join you. Your message attracted me and I've been Looong gone. I will be gone again soon, but I will have a little look at WikiG now.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Nov. 4th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 3/12/13 02:59 AM, jaxxDS wrote:
At 3/7/13 10:57 AM, jaxxDS wrote: I'm wondering who's the current admins of the Newgrounds Wikia? I'd like to update some horridly out of date pages but it looks like some things are "protected"

What would you like to update that is protected?

BBS Signature
jaxxDS
jaxxDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 11:50 AM Reply

At 11/4/13 04:55 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 3/12/13 02:59 AM, jaxxDS wrote:
What would you like to update that is protected?

Oh, this issue was solved already earlier this year ^_^. One of the other admins already helped.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 11/5/13 11:50 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Oh, this issue was solved already earlier this year ^_^. One of the other admins already helped.

I keep forgetting about the Newgrounds wiki. It makes me wonder if it gets used that much.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jun. 22nd, 2014 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Glad to see the Wiki still being used. It need some care and attention though. I no longer have time to keep coming and some people made really trivial Pages. I can barely even remember how to do it.

Wikigrounds Forever! & Dragons Rule !

BBS Signature
Ama
Ama
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jul. 4th, 2014 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Someone deleted the wiki of @UsernameUser and I will not rest before it's back!

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jul. 4th, 2014 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 7/4/14 09:53 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Someone deleted the wiki of @UsernameUser and I will not rest before it's back!

Could always recreate and write it up, there's quite a few other pages that could use updating too.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
UsernameUser
UsernameUser
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jul. 5th, 2014 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 7/4/14 09:53 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Someone deleted the wiki of @UsernameUser and I will not rest before it's back!

Hahaha thanks, buddy.

In response to @SCT3, I did! I thankfully had saved the text from my former Wikia page in a Google Drive document. I used this to reinstate my Wikia page, which was immediately deleted by Icedragon64 (AHEM).

I have sent an extremely cordial PM to the aforementioned user, which you can see below.

This is the THIRD time he has deleted my Wikia with no replies whatsoever or any explanation. This behavior is not only counterproductive but unbelievably rude.

Anyone who has seen my page will probably agree that it was far more substantial than 67.23% of the user Wikias out there, with a full profile, user background, table of contents, fun facts and over 20 hours of work put into it. To delete it THREE FUCKING TIMES with no clear reason whatsoever transcends all logic and enters the realm of insanity.

Icedragon64, I DEMAND an explanation.

The Wikigrounds Club

USERNAMEUSER
"Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI"

BBS Signature
Ama
Ama
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Jul. 6th, 2014 @ 09:47 AM Reply

My wiki should be revived as well.
Make it happen.

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Aug. 2nd, 2014 @ 08:03 PM Reply

I have sent this User an explanation of why his Page about himself has been deleted. In a nutshell he does not conform to any of the criteria of Notability, thus although his Page is otherwise a good enough Page it will always be deleted unless he becomes Notable on NG.

Sorry for the delay- I am very rarely on NG any more.

At 7/5/14 12:49 AM, UsernameUser wrote:
Hahaha thanks, buddy.

In response to @SCT3, I did! I thankfully had saved the text from my former Wikia page in a Google Drive document. I used this to reinstate my Wikia page, which was immediately deleted by Icedragon64 (AHEM).

I have sent an extremely cordial PM to the aforementioned user, which you can see below.

This is the THIRD time he has deleted my Wikia with no replies whatsoever or any explanation. This behavior is not only counterproductive but unbelievably rude.

Anyone who has seen my page will probably agree that it was far more substantial than 67.23% of the user Wikias out there, with a full profile, user background, table of contents, fun facts and over 20 hours of work put into it. To delete it THREE FUCKING TIMES with no clear reason whatsoever transcends all logic and enters the realm of insanity.

Icedragon64, I DEMAND an explanation.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Aug. 2nd, 2014 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 7/6/14 09:47 AM, Amaranthus wrote: My wiki should be revived as well.
Make it happen.

I assume you mean your Page- the term wiki is usually used for a wiki-style encyclopedia rather than the Pages on it.

At a guess you are probably not Notable either. If either of you wish to appeal then write to me or one of the other Admins, here on on Wikigrounds stating the reason you consider yourself NOTABLE on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Aug. 2nd, 2014 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 7/4/14 10:56 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
Could always recreate and write it up, there's quite a few other pages that could use updating too.

Dear SCTE3,

You may have a Page on Wikigrounds because you are an Admin, however, these other chaps have shown nothing about them which fit our criteria of Notability. Yes the site needs lots of work, but I don't come here or there much any more. I really feel I have done more than enough for Wikigrounds and just do a little deletion now and then.

BBS Signature
UsernameUser
UsernameUser
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Aug. 3rd, 2014 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 8/2/14 08:03 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: I have sent this User an explanation of why his Page about himself has been deleted. In a nutshell he does not conform to any of the criteria of Notability, thus although his Page is otherwise a good enough Page it will always be deleted unless he becomes Notable on NG.

1. If your goal is to expand the Newgrounds Wikia, deleting pages which you deem to be of topics not worth noting, you are, indeed, acting counter-productively.
2. May I suggest that one of the reasons you do not know of me is that
a. As you admit, you rarely use Newgrounds anymore
b. Do not, and never did use Newgrounds Featureless Chat
c. If either [a] or [b] were antithetical, this point would be intent.
3. I am not un-known. If we're going to come right down to it
a. I have an icon, you don't
b. I have nearly three times more fans than you
c. I don't hate everything that brings joy to others
d. My sense of humor is deep and complex, I can only assume that you derive solace in laughing hysterically at walls
4. I actually spent time in correcting grammatical and general aesthetic mistakes within my page; even your reply (above) is nearly illegible. If it is any consolation, I shall gladly construct you a page of your very own, if it will quell your petty insecurity.

Have a nice day.

USERNAMEUSER
"Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI"

BBS Signature
UsernameUser
UsernameUser
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Wikigrounds Club Aug. 3rd, 2014 @ 11:55 PM Reply

3. I am not un-known. If we're going to come right down to it
a. I have an icon, you don't

Upon further review, I have chosen to retract point 3a; @IceDragon64 has an icon, but no profile picture upon the date of this publication.

You can still have a nice day.

The Wikigrounds Club

USERNAMEUSER

BBS Signature