00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Mag Private Military Company

29,959 Views | 380 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to the Newgrounds clan for MAG on Playstation 3, the largest First Person Shooter conflict known to man. Some of you may already know me as General Black-Ops, the second-in-command of our own Newgrounds Killzone clan.

This thread can be used to discuss the game and provide fellow MAG players with the latest news and updates, to meet others who have the game and to organise clan events.

We have some very talented gamers here on Newgrounds. We have always been a force to be reckoned with in other competitive games like Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2, Killzone, and I'm hoping this clan will be no exception to that trend.

I'll be keeping a clan roster which will be updated every Saturday. A first draft will be made some time tonight. If you miss it, you'll be added to next week's roster. Similar to other NG clans we operate a rank system. New members start off as a Private. You can earn promotion through being active here in the clan thread and playing matches with other members.

Part 1 of 2

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-30 08:27:36

Part 2 of 2

It's easy to join our ranks, all you need is a Newgrounds account and a copy of MAG for the PS3! If you want to join then you can either post in this thread with your PSN ID or send me a PM and you will be added in the next roster.

The rankings will be as follows:
- Private
- Corporal
- Sergeant
- Sergeant Major
- Lieutenant
- Captain
- Major
- Colonel
- General
- Commanding Officer (Can only be held by the clan leader)

BBS RULES APPLY! Follow them or you will be sternly reprimanded.

Now then, I'd like to reassure everone that you will eventually be able to play in all 3 factions, but while the clan is in it's infancy stages I would like to request that everyone interested in joining picks the Raven faction as I think that they represent Newgrounds best, they remind me a lot of the NG Tankmen. You'll only be able to play with people who are in the same faction as you, so bear that in mind when choosing.

Finally, have fun and good luck! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-30 11:19:14

I'll join.

At 1/30/10 08:27 AM, Black-Ops wrote: I would like to request that everyone interested in joining picks the Raven faction as I think that they represent Newgrounds best, they remind me a lot of the NG Tankmen.

But Valour have cowboy music D:

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-31 09:56:29

At 1/30/10 11:19 AM, IrishGun wrote: I'll join.

Welcome aboard IrishGun.

I'm waiting for the thread to develop a bit before I post a roster, it's looking rather bare at the moment. If we can get some discussion going then I'll post the first draft tonight.

MAG is bloody addictive, kind of slow trying to rack up experience right now but I expect it'll get a lot easier when I get to lead a squad. All leaders, whether they are leading squads, platoons, or the entire company receive bonus points for marking objectives to be completed by the people who serve under him. Likewise, the troops carrying out the objective receive bonus points for following orders correctly.

S.V.E.R seems to be dominating at the moment, having 2 contracts in the Sabotage, Acquisition and Domination campaigns. Raven only has 1 contract in Acquisition, so get out there and do something about it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-31 10:27:11

So, i just watched a few vids online and this game looks pretty awesome. Might have to go buy it next week or something.

Just to get a few opinions, how is gameplay compared to say MW2?
Oh, and how the hell is it possible to have 256 players at the same time? Is that on one match/one map?!

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-31 10:52:40

At 1/31/10 10:27 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Just to get a few opinions, how is gameplay compared to say MW2?
Oh, and how the hell is it possible to have 256 players at the same time? Is that on one match/one map?!

Yes it is, good sir.

MAG is online only, so it leads by gameplay and not by story. If you're interested, it's set after World War 3. The 'Millenium Accord' is declared, a treaty that prevents national armies from leaving their own country, effectively declaring "world peace". In their stead, governments employ PMC's (Private Military Companies), military forces of mercenaries for hire. In this era it's a competitive business, so much so that competing PMC's are resorting to dirty tactics to win those military contracts. You'll be stealing enemy prototype recon vehicles, destroying rival company's assets and putting a bullet in anyone not wearing your uniform.

Working in a team is important, teamwork in MW2 seemed disorganised at best, everyone has an idea of what they need to do here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-31 11:32:16

I'll join :D
PSN id: LiquidFire89

I'll buy mag next week

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-01-31 16:55:39

Without further stalling, here is our first clan roster! Obviously no one has been promoted since Friday, so I've taken the liberty of providing you useful information that you'll need when serving the Newgrounds MAG Private Military Company. You're all welcome. :P

Clan Roster #01, 31st January 2010

Officers: Black-Ops

Promotions/Demotions:

Promotions can be earned by playing often with fellow clan members and for regularly participating in discussions in this thread. The more you play, the more likely you will be noticed by Officers of the group and the higher chance you'll receive a promotion the following week.

By the same token, if you go AWOL on us or if we think that you're spending too much time in the sickbay and not enough in the field (2 weeks without prior notice is considered bad), you may be demoted and could lose your Officer privileges in severe cases.

Appointments:

If you perform well and consistently then you may get the opportunity to become an Officer yourself. Teamwork and leadership are important traits of an Officer, but initiative and the ability to work independently is also admired. An important role of the Officer is to scout and invite fellow Newgrounds users to come join the clan, although you may also be asked to help with things like deciding on who to promote/demote and for organising clan games.

Currently we are looking at people who reached level 15 and have the ability to command squads as the minimum requirement to be an Officer. Of course, we will also be looking at people who have a good service record within the Newgrounds clan to couple with this. Please keep us informed when you advance a Leadership level (Squad Leader, Platoon Leader and Company Leader) so we can add this to the roster. Remember that Leaders give bonuses to people like faster reload times and increased defence who stay by them and follow their orders, so we'll need to know who these people are so we have them in our team!

Inviting a member to the clan in game is simple: go to the Community Option and select the Clan tab. Type in their name into the Player Search option, and then confirm the invite. That's it!

Officer status is denoted in game as a blue circle with a star in it, and the Commanding Officer of the group is denoted as an orange circle with a star.

Clan Members

Commanding Officer

Black-Ops - NGBlackOps

General

Colonel

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

Private

Techno - AerodynamicPunk
IrishGun - Obilisk745
tally1989 - LiquidFire89
BobbaQ/ - KillSwitch_Bob

Please welcome Techno, IrishGun, tally1989 and BobbaQ to the clan! I've had the pleasure of fighting alongside (or murdering in the face) these war hungry lunatics in games like Modern Warfare 2 and Killzone 2! Already we have some strong members to our team. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-01 05:27:24

Hello guys, fancy seeing you here! So, anyway, despite not getting on with the beta I bought the game anyway. I got the collectors edition which means I got exclusive armour, camo and some dynamic themes. At the moment I'm level 15 which means I've qualified for squad leader (1st person here to do so).

I did a respec last night and unlocked the 50 cal rifle and the variable scope, I can see and kill for miles now. I ballsed it up though as I unlocked the bipod instead of steady aim (didn't know the 50 cal came with it's own bipod). I have to rack up 4000 points before I can respec again >_<

ALSO THERE'S NO CHANCE OF WINNING BIG GAMES WHEN PEOPLE JUST KILL, REMEMBER THAT

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-01 05:46:07

I would like to join

PSN : qonquerer

In-game rank : Level 9/PFC

Faction : Valor :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-02 16:18:02

I got extra armour for Valour with my copy.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY GRANT ;__;

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-02 18:10:59

At 2/1/10 05:46 AM, letiger wrote:
In-game rank : Level 9/PFC

Level 10/Corporal.

Actually, I'm almost to 15 which is cool. So what is the highest rank in the game?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-03 06:05:03

At 2/2/10 06:10 PM, letiger wrote: Actually, I'm almost to 15 which is cool. So what is the highest rank in the game?

It's level 60. I got level 20 last night, I'm a Senior Dragoon now. Also, I get to respec again soon ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-03 12:34:37

Hey guys. As Bobba and Black Ops already know, i just brought the game today. Seems okay at first, although a little complicated.

And i dunno if it's jkust my bad internet connection, but people didn't seem to be dying, yet i die sooo quick >:(

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-03 14:12:12

I am so in on this :D
PSN: Stranjak
Faction: Raven lvl.18

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-03 18:05:41

At 2/3/10 06:05 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 2/2/10 06:10 PM, letiger wrote: Actually, I'm almost to 15 which is cool. So what is the highest rank in the game?
It's level 60. I got level 20 last night, I'm a Senior Dragoon now. Also, I get to respec again soon ^^

Anything to do really at 60? Heh Dragoon. Funny. I, however, am a Corporal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-03 18:42:45

Damn this got some heavy response. I'll have to pick up this game soon then!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 04:23:50

Made it to level 7 last night. But i was getting slaughtered all day :(

I still think it's really complicated, on most missions i still get confused as to what it is we actually have to be doing. Mainly because objectives change quickly, maps are insanely huge.

My highest kill streak so far is only 6 too. It's hard to get alot IMO as there just seems to be enemies everywhere.....that and that seem to be invincible -_-

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 04:44:21

Level 24 now and I've reached Platoon Leader, I get to yell at 4 whole squads now. Also, got 31-9 in a supression game yesterday, I almost felt sorry for all those hapless noobs.

Got the F90. It's a fair bit better than the Hollis but uses 100cc less because it's an SMG. And it has it's own dot sight. Oh yeah, we did rubbish in a domination game yet I racked up 580XP. LOL!!!!!!1&1$

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 05:43:25

At 2/4/10 04:23 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Made it to level 7 last night. But i was getting slaughtered all day :(

I still think it's really complicated, on most missions i still get confused as to what it is we actually have to be doing. Mainly because objectives change quickly, maps are insanely huge.

My highest kill streak so far is only 6 too. It's hard to get alot IMO as there just seems to be enemies everywhere.....that and that seem to be invincible -_-

Have you upgraded your armour? I'm assuming you're using the Reinforced Composite (or medium size). For 400 credits more you can upgrade to the Heavy Composite which helped me out a lot when I was starting off in the game.

Games can be frantic at times, but you should try your best to follow the tasks assigned to you. If you're contributing towards the objective, you'll get double the XP than you would normally receive. (you'll know you're doing this because you'll get a message in green saying FRAGO BONUS)

Also, I can command squads now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 07:09:06

I use all three for my different classes. Highest streak I've gotton is 8. Ah, flanking in suppression is great isn't it? Just a couple more ranks and I'll be able to command squads. Got 500 points one round because they kept taking A and I just got it back, again and again. Few British people there too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 08:23:06

At 2/4/10 05:43 AM, Black-Ops wrote: Have you upgraded your armour? I'm assuming you're using the Reinforced Composite (or medium size). For 400 credits more you can upgrade to the Heavy Composite which helped me out a lot when I was starting off in the game.

Yeah, i put heavy armour on most of my load-outs, because to be honest, i couldn't notice much of a difference between running speed between different types of armour. I still seem to die alot quicker than i can kill people.

Games can be frantic at times, but you should try your best to follow the tasks assigned to you. If you're contributing towards the objective, you'll get double the XP than you would normally receive. (you'll know you're doing this because you'll get a message in green saying FRAGO BONUS)

There are a few things they need to fix on this game, like, i just did a domination match and the other team kept coming to the bunker where we were re-spawning, and as soon as you spawn outside you're vulnerable to them. I died like 3 times in less than 3 seconds of having been spawned. There should be a short time where you can't die like in most games.

AND, the wait after you die gets really annoying, and takes the fun out of some games. You die, bleed out, have to wait 10-20 seconds spawn time, then 20 second run across the map just to get back into the action. Spawn time thing is really gay.

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-04 09:07:13

At 2/4/10 05:43 AM, Black-Ops wrote: Have you upgraded your armour? I'm assuming you're using the Reinforced Composite (or medium size).

Ha! Your reinforced composite is no match for my advanced composite :3 Also, went 27-2 with my 50 cal on supression and yet my platoon still ended up losing. If my mic was on I would've hurled abuse at everyone for being rubbish. Might make level 29 if we do good today.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 05:38:22

Here's two questions. Can anyone win the war? If so, does another one start up or do we go into training for a month. And, what is our clan tag? NG I assume.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 13:13:37

lol Raven sucks

that is all

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 13:55:48

At 2/5/10 01:13 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: lol Raven sucks
that is all

I'm kinda regretting not choosing Valor :(

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 15:37:11

At 2/5/10 01:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
that is all

This can only mean that our crew switches to Valor! I will be our Valor leader! Or we could have 3 separate divisions with three separate leaders on them. One for each company. Of course, they'd have their own division ranks into the roster.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 18:38:59

At 2/5/10 03:37 PM, letiger wrote: This can only mean that our crew switches to Valor! I will be our Valor leader! Or we could have 3 separate divisions with three separate leaders on them. One for each company. Of course, they'd have their own division ranks into the roster.

It is not up to you to make any of those decisions. They shall be made by this clan's Commanding Officer.

When I made this clan, I envisioned battles of 128 Newgrounds, all on the same side fighting together against the world. For this to be possible, they would all need to be fighting in the same faction. While the prospect of this being a reality sounds mindblowing, and I'm sure that most, if not all of you, would agree with me on that, there are the following factors that would impede on it:

a) Not everyone will see this thread, and may go on to pick either Valor or S.V.E.R when they buy the game, meaning they can't join the Newgrounds clan at a later date. If you know of other NG members that are thinking of buying the game, you can help by alerting them of this thread's existence so they are in the know.

b) Not everyone will want to pick Raven, even if they know we have a Newgrounds clan in operation.

c) Trophy hunters that have reached level 60 in the game will have the option to change faction using the 'Veteran Mode' feature. There are 3 gold trophies to be earned, each for reaching level 60 playing as a S.V.E.R, Raven and Valor character. This could work in our favour or against us; people may change their allegiance to Raven, or from Raven to another faction.

There is still a way to play with NG members not in your current faction. If you're feeling bold, make a new PSN account on your PS3 and choose a different faction on MAG.

At 2/5/10 01:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
that is all

I don't see the appeal in Valor to be honest. Raven is the army of the future, arming their troops with cutting edge weapons and providing them with state of the art technology. S.V.E.R. are the remnants of broken regiments, given a new purpose and are looking to rip those that underestimate them a new one. Valor is the US Army. :s

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 20:51:18

At 2/5/10 06:38 PM, Black-Ops wrote: I don't see the appeal in Valor to be honest. Raven is the army of the future, arming their troops with cutting edge weapons and providing them with state of the art technology. S.V.E.R. are the remnants of broken regiments, given a new purpose and are looking to rip those that underestimate them a new one. Valor is the US Army. :s

I'm quite curious to see the S.V.E.R or Valor weapons really. It's a shame you can't pick up enemy weapons. And i think there's not much of a weapon choice, what with there being only like 3 assault rifles, 3 sniper rifles and a few more.

Response to The Ng Mag Private Military Company 2010-02-05 21:35:17

Do any of them use the AK? I would suspect S.V.E.R of it. In other news, I have reached 15 and can now command squads. In the process of working with platoons.

BBS Signature