00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jazza AMA

16,383 Views | 161 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-10 13:08:29

At 2/10/10 09:35 AM, bilalzwanabecool wrote: soooooooooooooooooo
you dont know blender 3d?

He obviously doesn't, just youtube it or google it.

The Problems of the Future, by Everyone!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-10 13:11:40

I'm currently organizing a 12-part collab. Would you recommend I stick with Flash 8, or go to CS3?

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-10 16:29:13

At 2/10/10 01:11 PM, TheThirdSix wrote: I'm currently organizing a 12-part collab. Would you recommend I stick with Flash 8, or go to CS3?

i'd say stick to 8 simply coz more people are likely to have it, and in my experience it has less bugs.

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-16 05:10:02

G'day JAZZA.

After going back through some archives of the Daily awards I remember when my sprite movie out-ranked your Kill-Kar II game for Daily First. Honestly, I thought yours should've gotten the first of the day, I love your work.

However, on the same page, I noticed there were tons of people who were bagging sprite movies, and it's a known fact that sprite movies aren't exactly loved here much anymore.

So I ask you, whats your view on sprite movies on Newgrounds? Like em? Or hate em?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-17 05:33:27

At 2/16/10 05:10 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: G'day JAZZA.

After going back through some archives of the Daily awards I remember when my sprite movie out-ranked your Kill-Kar II game for Daily First. Honestly, I thought yours should've gotten the first of the day, I love your work.

However, on the same page, I noticed there were tons of people who were bagging sprite movies, and it's a known fact that sprite movies aren't exactly loved here much anymore.

So I ask you, whats your view on sprite movies on Newgrounds? Like em? Or hate em?

to be completely honest, i've always hated them. just coz to me it screams, i cant animate or spend effort on anything but i'll throw this crap someone else made together with some dumb voices and stuff. but that's just me. i mean, most of the ones i've seen are crap, but i do understand how like, super mario bros z or 8bit dnd are more calculates and enjoyable, in general, i'm not a fan.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-17 07:45:34

At 2/17/10 05:33 AM, JAZZA wrote: to be completely honest, i've always hated them. ... in general, i'm not a fan.

Ok.. I'll... Just... Shut up now.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-17 11:57:00

At 2/17/10 07:45 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote:
At 2/17/10 05:33 AM, JAZZA wrote: to be completely honest, i've always hated them. ... in general, i'm not a fan.
Ok.. I'll... Just... Shut up now.

Don't feel bad pal, I'm sure Jazza didn't intend to put you down. I agree with what Jazza said, using sprites is just ripping someone else's work, however, it's not like, if you use sprites, you deserve to burn in a pit of cobras. A lot of people use sprite movies just to get a hold on of the program they are using, and quite honestly, I think that makes perfect sense. When I started using flash (I was around 11), it was a huge pain in the ass to learn all by myself how to make character A to go from point 1 to point 2, and using sprites is just like making a test graphic, just draw a circle and make him move, but it gives you more motion possibilities. Another thing that helps a lot to learn, which s what I used, is stick figures, as it teaches about symbols and all that stuff sprites do, but also about FBF, which is super important. Both sprites and stick figures are to me some of the lowest forms of animation there is, and trust me, unless you decide to do something else, people are not gonna take you seriously as an animator, which is practically doom.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-26 18:44:03

hey jazza i hope you reply i got a few questions to make:

ooh first,i got to tell you that in a really fan of you you are my inspiration to make movies i got to tell you that the first flash series that i see and i still admire its paladin and the movie who sorprise me in all sences its the composer.

well basicly i see all your tutorials on youtube and i reed some books of drawing .i learn flash thanks to the computer and some references of graphic design

but how you make the fbf so smooth using the brush.

i already post to the animation forum some questions but i gotta ask the person i most admire in the flash world (xD).

_i use the brush for drawing and use a smoothing of 40 but i still dont have a smooth fbf effect
_when i try to aply some fbf effect to a geometric form i fail (in the example i submit i cant make a fbf effect on the gun of pico)
_i already try the inbetewen on the frames but i still dont have a smooth frame by frame animation

example:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/168f 929dd8ffb254be82af0344182eb0

please reply

just doing some flash

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-26 22:33:54

Hey Jazza, is there any way to customize the intervals between these damn frame numbers?

Working in 24fps and having them in 5's ridiculously useless. I'd much rather use 6's.

Any ideas?

Jazza AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-27 07:04:48

At 2/26/10 06:44 PM, Kufa wrote: hey jazza i hope you reply i got a few questions to make:

ooh first,i got to tell you that in a really fan of you you are my inspiration to make movies i got to tell you that the first flash series that i see and i still admire its paladin and the movie who sorprise me in all sences its the composer.

thanks ! :)

well basicly i see all your tutorials on youtube and i reed some books of drawing .i learn flash thanks to the computer and some references of graphic design

but how you make the fbf so smooth using the brush.

best way is to split it up, do main keyframes severl frames apart and then do 'in betweens' using the onion skin tool.

i already post to the animation forum some questions but i gotta ask the person i most admire in the flash world (xD).

SHH. people will hear. :P

_i use the brush for drawing and use a smoothing of 40 but i still dont have a smooth fbf effect
_when i try to aply some fbf effect to a geometric form i fail (in the example i submit i cant make a fbf effect on the gun of pico)
_i already try the inbetewen on the frames but i still dont have a smooth frame by frame animation

example:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/168f 929dd8ffb254be82af0344182eb0

please reply

in betweens is the way to go, it depends on how well times your keyframes are and how much practice youve had. it comes with a LOT of time. i'm still not a very good FBF animator, it's a tough one so work at it!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-27 07:13:20

At 2/26/10 10:33 PM, SizZlE666 wrote: Hey Jazza, is there any way to customize the intervals between these damn frame numbers?

Working in 24fps and having them in 5's ridiculously useless. I'd much rather use 6's.

Any ideas?

i dont think so :S

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-28 02:11:31

At 2/27/10 07:04 AM, JAZZA wrote: best way is to split it up, do main keyframes severl frames apart and then do 'in betweens' using the onion skin tool.
in betweens is the way to go, it depends on how well times your keyframes are and how much practice youve had. it comes with a LOT of time. i'm still not a very good FBF animator, it's a tough one so work at it!

wow you and zyphonee where absoluty right!! the inbetweens work a lot now i know how to use it and i do change the anatomy and looks better. more smooth!!!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2645 cfb1edaac7c88a605c639a8c08f5

Thanks JAZZA!!!

just doing some flash

BBS Signature