00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jazza AMA

16,382 Views | 161 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-01-31 23:05:50

I see what you mean, and I understand I'll work on it now.

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-01-31 23:25:14

At 1/31/10 11:05 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: I see what you mean, and I understand I'll work on it now.

Awesome looking forward to the new one. I'm sorry for all of the gramar errors I'm on my iPod and it doesn't correct very well plus sometimes when I hit the spacebar the enter buttons hits itself too.

I'm sorry Jazza for giving him critics, I know it's your thread and I'm really sorry, I hope you're not mad or anything like that.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-01-31 23:40:27

Here it is. I tried increasing the outline lighter, but any further and the color consistency leaves. I edited the background mountain enough for it to be different. Also here is a comparison picture of the old way I use to make backgrounds. I think its great improvement! :D

Jazza AMA

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-01-31 23:48:50

At 1/31/10 11:40 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Here it is. I tried increasing the outline lighter, but any further and the color consistency leaves. I edited the background mountain enough for it to be different. Also here is a comparison picture of the old way I use to make backgrounds. I think its great improvement! :D

That's exactly what I was talking about. Great background the lies on the mountains are amazing and the back mountains don't look copy pasted at all. Keep up the amazing work. Lookin forward to the animation where that is going to appear in. I like the old background the mountains look quite nice, they could be a little bigger in volume and the tree does need a lot of work but they don't compare with the news in any kind of way. Great improvement.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 00:16:15

Thanks for the criticism, It improved the image alot. Heres hoping Jazz can comment on it a little later as well :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 03:46:33

Hey Jazza, I've got a question for you. What is your relationship with hinges?

btw, YOU'RE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG!!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 06:24:03

At 2/1/10 03:46 AM, bossler13 wrote: Hey Jazza, I've got a question for you. What is your relationship with hinges?

btw, YOU'RE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG!!

HEY! SCREW YOU MAN!
lol jk.

is it me or has the purpose of this topic gone off a lil?
THIS IS ABOUT ME PEOPLE! MEEE!!!! lol.

i am joking btw.

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 13:08:00

ok jazza, i gotta question for u.

not neccesarily a technique uve used before but i bet u know how to do it!

its somethign that either stamper or johnny utah made at the beginning of the SF collab-

you can see Dan hibiki in a fighting stance in front of the moon and he give the purper moon and sky background this glowing effect and it looks so cool! its almost like he applied a glow effect to a photograph or something...

any help?

heres the link

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 14:55:04

yeah it's definitely a photoshop import. if it was an image altered in flash the lag would be unbearable for slow computers. it's likely two images actually, you know how there are little 'throbs' or pulses of light and stuff? i would have done that as a simple flash jump then back to a slightly more glowing version of the image :)

At 2/1/10 01:08 PM, RedHarvest wrote: ok jazza, i gotta question for u.

not neccesarily a technique uve used before but i bet u know how to do it!

its somethign that either stamper or johnny utah made at the beginning of the SF collab-

you can see Dan hibiki in a fighting stance in front of the moon and he give the purper moon and sky background this glowing effect and it looks so cool! its almost like he applied a glow effect to a photograph or something...

any help?

heres the link
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 5979

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-01 19:07:27

At 1/31/10 10:22 PM, JAZZA wrote:
At 1/31/10 08:32 PM, Desknight wrote: Hey JAZZA, I've been having a lot of mic trouble, what kind of mic do you use?
Thank You
hey man
i use a ADK condensor studio mic, phantom powered through a mixer into a soundblaster XFi soundcard. i use curbase as my recording software.

Thank You :D

Threace

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-03 13:34:20

I have many stuff to ask and little time, but I just wanted to drop by this thread and say that the amount of work you do is admirable as well as its quality. Wish the Paladin series were still going on.

:)

Peace man!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-03 18:16:17

Jazza, mountains are a bit tougher to do than forests. Can you go into more depth on how you do yours?

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-04 01:46:02

Hey there, I don't know if this question might be a bit iffy, but do you actually have a job other than animating? - or are you getting paid sufficiently to animate? Because I read you animate a 4 day week 9-4 plus the Friday where you do other stuff, and I'm thinking 'are you actually able to support yourself in terms of wealth through simply animating and freelance work?'.

Or did I miss something?

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-04 18:39:53

At 2/4/10 01:46 AM, Kuoke wrote: Hey there, I don't know if this question might be a bit iffy, but do you actually have a job other than animating? - or are you getting paid sufficiently to animate? Because I read you animate a 4 day week 9-4 plus the Friday where you do other stuff, and I'm thinking 'are you actually able to support yourself in terms of wealth through simply animating and freelance work?'.

Or did I miss something?

no your right, it is my full time job, but that by no means equals wealth. lol. i wouldnt get any animating done if i had another job as well, and it pays enough to pay the bills and stuff, but yeah. i think i worked it out to me making roughly as much as i would working full time at McDonalds. lol.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-04 22:29:14

yeah but imagine the portfolio your creating. That could get you a full time company job in animation easily if it ever came to it.

BOOM HEADSHOT

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-05 17:51:21

At 2/4/10 10:29 PM, kizza0 wrote: yeah but imagine the portfolio your creating. That could get you a full time company job in animation easily if it ever came to it.

yeah i could, but thats not my goal really. as much as i love making stuff it's not the actual ANIMATING i enjoy, it's the story telling, and so if i had a career outside my own little office in my house, it'd be directing rather then animating.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-06 20:22:04

At 1/31/10 10:22 PM, JAZZA wrote:
At 1/31/10 08:32 PM, Desknight wrote: Hey JAZZA, I've been having a lot of mic trouble, what kind of mic do you use?
Thank You
hey man
i use a ADK condensor studio mic, phantom powered through a mixer into a soundblaster XFi soundcard. i use curbase as my recording software.

*Smiles and nods up and down like an idiot* o_O
Im gonna be poor by the end of the day, oh well

Threace

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-07 01:11:30

Hey Jazza, just wondering exactly what advantages a tablet has over a mouse. I currently animate with just a mouse, but it seems even people who have been using flash for about 2 weeks with a tablet make way better things than me. Does it still take as long to make a FBF animation with a tablet as a mouse would? Shorter/longer?

Also, since I'm interested in buying a tablet, any recommendation? My budget is 80$.

Thanks, love your stuff by the way, and I'm SUPER SUPER JEALOUS of all your awards. Hopefully I'll get one... one of these days...

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-07 17:28:43

At 2/7/10 01:11 AM, jfig111 wrote: Hey Jazza, just wondering exactly what advantages a tablet has over a mouse. I currently animate with just a mouse, but it seems even people who have been using flash for about 2 weeks with a tablet make way better things than me. Does it still take as long to make a FBF animation with a tablet as a mouse would? Shorter/longer?

Also, since I'm interested in buying a tablet, any recommendation? My budget is 80$.

Thanks, love your stuff by the way, and I'm SUPER SUPER JEALOUS of all your awards. Hopefully I'll get one... one of these days...

yes, from my experience and those i know, a tablet is far better and thats simply because we grow into people who draw using pencils. if we grew up drawing with rocks i'm sure a mouse would be sufficience, but as the evolutionary process has taught humans, pencils draw better then rocks. thats why the camen are no more. alas.

unless you're luis of course.

budgets for tablets can usually range in a couple ofhundred fro a decent untuose, i recomend saving up over a few more weeks or months, however long it takes you, and buying a good WACOM tablet. wacom are the best.

as for efficiency versus the mouse, in the first month or so it'll take longer to get used to and feel strange but i assure you, once ajusted, nothing compares and you'll be working at least 3 times faster then you did with the mouse.

good luck!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-07 17:30:31

At 2/7/10 04:05 AM, bilalzwanabecool wrote: hey can i ask you stuff about 3d softwares like 3d max?

i use maya, and i have limited knowledge, but i know enough. ask away.

oh, heres something i made yesterday! i like him.

Jazza AMA

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-08 17:04:59

What's your opinion on Wacom's Cintiq? Or have you tried it at all?

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 02:57:07

Hye Jazza! Cool thread here, very insightful.
Here is my question, how much wood would a woo....j/k, when you make scenes with zoom in, have you noticed that sometimes there is some sort of lag? What's the reason it happens? Is the quantity of objects that are zooming in or the fact that some of those object have effects like blur, glow, etc? Do you know way to reduce that lag?

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 16:22:20

At 2/8/10 05:04 PM, MelodramaProductions wrote: What's your opinion on Wacom's Cintiq? Or have you tried it at all?

i have used a pad (screen less) tablet and now use a LCD tablet. both are good, i prefer the LCD by far because it's far closer to feeling like... drawing on a peice of paper.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 16:25:20

At 2/9/10 02:57 AM, Pegosho wrote: Hye Jazza! Cool thread here, very insightful.
Here is my question, how much wood would a woo....j/k, when you make scenes with zoom in, have you noticed that sometimes there is some sort of lag? What's the reason it happens? Is the quantity of objects that are zooming in or the fact that some of those object have effects like blur, glow, etc? Do you know way to reduce that lag?

i havn't had the problem myself, but my assumption would be that your guess is right. too much going on at times to go into the teeny tiny details :P

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 16:35:18

Hey Jazza, I was wondering how exactly you animate with bone animation (I think thats what its called. :P) you know, when you draw body parts seperatly and animate them like a puppet. How do you animate it, like with tweens? or is it frame by frame?

BBS Signature

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 16:44:53

I'm a terrible drawer do you think you can give me a few lessons on drawing. Btw i don't have like those huge tablets. Haven't been getting enough ca$h in order to pay for something that costs $999.99 (1000)(1000x9)(=ITS OVER 9000!) lol.

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 17:41:57

At 2/9/10 04:35 PM, NeroGeist wrote: Hey Jazza, I was wondering how exactly you animate with bone animation (I think thats what its called. :P) you know, when you draw body parts seperatly and animate them like a puppet. How do you animate it, like with tweens? or is it frame by frame?

if you're talking about the IK took in the newest version of flash, i dont use that. i use a mix of tween and FBF. tweening is usually best for animation of objects or body parts that won't look too lame if animated in a flat way but for more dynamic movemements, like the arms and face, i use FBF

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 17:43:53

At 2/9/10 04:44 PM, serbat wrote: I'm a terrible drawer do you think you can give me a few lessons on drawing. Btw i don't have like those huge tablets. Haven't been getting enough ca$h in order to pay for something that costs $999.99 (1000)(1000x9)(=ITS OVER 9000!) lol.

i've made a collection of youtube drawing tutorials. enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1Q8l_3x iU

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 20:28:10

At 2/7/10 05:30 PM, JAZZA wrote:
At 2/7/10 04:05 AM, bilalzwanabecool wrote: hey can i ask you stuff about 3d softwares like 3d max?
i use maya, and i have limited knowledge, but i know enough. ask away.

oh, heres something i made yesterday! i like him.

GRANDPA?

Nah, jk :P Anyway What is the point really if you don't don't like animating? I mean, I do know that you want to get your story out there, but isn't it like having a job that you hate? Animating is supposed to be fun. In no way am I trying to get you stop, but I just want to know, why do you choose to do it?

The Problems of the Future, by Everyone!

Response to Jazza AMA 2010-02-09 21:06:34

At 2/9/10 08:28 PM, bl00db47h wrote:
GRANDPA?

Nah, jk :P Anyway What is the point really if you don't don't like animating? I mean, I do know that you want to get your story out there, but isn't it like having a job that you hate? Animating is supposed to be fun. In no way am I trying to get you stop, but I just want to know, why do you choose to do it?

lol well, i never said i hated it.... did i? you'll probably prove me wrong. my point is, animation is tedious and time consuming, and i dont get a kick out of ANIMATING, i get it out of sharing, the story, characters and worlds. animating is a great medium to do so because, there is no limit! well... apart from your skill level.