00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collaboration "Idea" Lounge.

28,358 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-22 21:52:08

At 2/22/10 09:03 PM, Digital-Terror wrote:
At 2/21/10 10:48 AM, ForNoReason wrote: I was actually about to start a collab about this lol. Check the last page.
Then again, it would probably be better to do original work, but we could still have an Epic Beard Guy collab.

lol yeah. You can go ahead and move forward with whatever idea you want. Ive been busy as hell =p

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-25 17:21:18

So the first one was awesome, so I thought to make a new, updated one would be even better! I'm talking about the Anime Collab of course! Its been a long time since it came about, so most of the anime is out-dated. It's still awesome, but to take it a step further and create an Anime Collab 2 would just blow the roof off! I'm saying this here because I WOULD start it myself, but my BA is around 3.1, not close enough T.T so i figured I'd suggest it here and see what happens.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-03-05 21:18:02

This thread fails. Howsabout actually using it for what it's made for and discuss my idea?

KTHNX

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-03-06 20:36:51

the preloader collab
everyone pimps out there own preloader

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-03-18 06:51:48

i wish someone would head up a legit "star wars collab"

make it super high qual- and it can become the official "well known" star wars collab.

im sure there have been some shitty attempts made....but if a good person took the idea and could get some dece animators that would be awesome! i'd for sure join......

i'd start it myself if i didnt have so many other projects!

but someone should try that! - i saw someone doing a star wars timeline....that looked sorta weird and boring tho...

but YA!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-12 02:07:21

I had a crazy idea for a flash, I saw it in a dream.

Problem is I cannot animate anywhere near the level I need to be satisfied with it

Basically I just want to throw it out there to anyone interested, but I would like credit if you do

Essentially it's the story of a bear

A bear that two orphan boys find as a cub in the forest outside their home at the orphanage.

Although reluctant at first the headmaster lets them keep it, only because it has the odd behavior of a dog.

The bear rolls and licks, roars like barking, and even does tricks. The boys name him Beuford.

When the boys are adopted they take Beuford with them. To their new home, their new parents and their new life.

Their parents, a nurse and fireman respectively, raise them in a happy home. Then everything changes one September day in 2001. Three years later the boys, now 20 and 21. Enlist in the war. While on tour their parents die of complications obtained at the WTC site.

The only thing left is Beuford.

When the boys return home they decide to live in their parent's home with Beuford until they get jobs. However, while Boy 1 manages to get a good job the other becomes riddled with debts and drug addicted. Eventually he resorts to the unthinkable.

He has Beuford fight in underground gang shows where Beuford is attacked by multiple dogs at once and tortured for money.

When Boy 1 finds out he is outraged. He sees Beuford, scarred and beaten with a Glasgow Smile hastily stiched up and covered in bandages.

Boy 1 flies into a rage and the two brothers begin fighting, releasing years of bitterness at their lot in life and the treatment of Beuford.

After the fight the two boys weep uncontrollably and let everything out. The grief over the death of their parent's, the war, the drugs, etc.

Afterwards they notice Beuford ran away. They search for hours to find him, and when Boy 2 finds him Beuford runs in fear. They continue looking until they reach the old orphanage. He is dead in front of the building, shot by worried police officers.

Afterwards Boy 2, collapsing under all the psychological stress commits suicide, and Boy 1 lives the next few years of his life numb. Until one day when he returns to the orphanage in need of a new headmaster. Boy 1 returns and finds happiness, reminiscing about days before all his problems. Days with Boy 2, and Beuford.

It was a whacked out dream

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-12 03:13:37

Assuming the rules haven't changed. Does this thread also apply to those of us without any flash submissions, are we still able to submit ideas which other people could correctly organise in flash? I mean, with writing becoming a bigger part of Newgrounds, I think the idea of a collaboration writer should be adapted. If they can do this effectively.

And actually, I don't mean me. I'm not trying to change the rules for my own benefit, for the record, aha. I don't quite have the ability. I just mean, if an idea is truly interesting to an artist, and worth joining, then it will get a lot of submissions and become good, regardless of ones batting average, etc.

So, is this thread restricted to Artists pitching ideas? Id personally like to see some from, anyone.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-12 03:44:01

i was thinking about this at work today, ive been itching to do a collab and id like to see if people here would be willing/know people that would be interested in doing a bunch of covers from nirvanas unplugged album, in any way/shape or form as they wish, as a sort of tribute if you will. what do you guys think? stupid idea? i can play some of the songs on the guitar and now have a decent mic to record with, its just a matter of getting peoples interests and support.

we could even give it a stupid yet eye catching name, like newgrounds unplugged (joke)

Collaboration

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-18 20:09:48

At 1/30/10 11:14 PM, Dylawrence wrote: The only collab I've ever been enthused to get going would be the "Mitch Hedberg Collab"

I don't know a thing about organizing collabs, but I think it would be very popular to make flashes based on his stand-up... would anybody else be interested in this?

I've actually done a Mitch Hedberg impression in my act. I rarely do it, as surprisingly few comedy club goers know who Mitch Hedberg is. I also wrote my own Mitch Hedberg style jokes that I use in the impression (I hate impressions for the impression's sake). I'd be interested in helping with any voice acting and writing that may need doing.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-18 22:15:07

I just had a thought... I don't know if this has been done before, but an infomercial collab might be pretty funny.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-19 08:04:27

I have an Idea.
A life is good art collab! In this collab you make a positive massage for a shirt design.
Maybe a flash animation collab but that would be really hard to do for alot of animators.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-19 08:05:43

At 4/18/10 10:15 PM, MadnessITellYou wrote: I just had a thought... I don't know if this has been done before, but an infomercial collab might be pretty funny.

LOL I had that Idea a while back too. Sounds good to me.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-20 18:45:31

I have a new idea for a stickman ninja game. I only came up with the idea. I can't do any of the animation or music.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-26 02:10:35

well well well...now that pico day is almost done. (and my two other projects are done, but just waiting to be compiled)

i believe i will unleash my next BIG project!

i was inspired by this ^^- a re-imagining of a classic story.

i will be rounding together 4-6 artists other than my self to re-create the following stories:

-hansel + gretal
-goldie locks and the three bears
-the 3 billie goats gruff
-the 3 little pigs
-Jack and the bean stalk
-rapunzel (i will be doing )

i havent officially started the thread yet- but i should drop in about a week!

for now i guess i am just testing the waters and seeing if theres intererest-

or giving those who want to jump aboard early the chance to do so!

so contact me! shoot me a pm if u want in! (only awesome artists of course will be accepted!!)

Collaboration

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-28 17:55:38

I would put more detail, but I will send the details to any one interested. I will say it is going to be called "Ninja Vengance!" and that I don't care if the flash movie or game will come first, but whatever one comes first, the other will come next. I also have the whole idea for it.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-29 11:49:29

I have an idea for a flash game, and i need someone to make sprites for me. I'll do all the programming, I'm just not good at making sprites.

My game idea is called "Caro", named after the main character, a crow who is a swordsman. The whole anthropomorphic animal thing is actually closer to starfox than sonic, though. Anyway, i plan for this game to have fun gameplay, unique levels and a deep story, and maybe cutscenes. It's actuallly a big project that I'm planning, here are the names of some of the levels:
-Venom Swamp
-Puppet Palace
-Crystal Ruins
-Ice Volcano

The game will be a 3D platformer with RPG elements. I also plan fun, yet challenging, boss battles and minigames. Anyone interested or think it is a good idea?

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-04-29 20:28:20

What about a web comic collab?

Basically, the creator of the collab would start off by making 1-3 pages of a web comic idea, then once the participants are decided, he would send the fla to the first member. That person would then add another 1-3 pages to it, but only send the ones he made to the next person, and so on until everyone has made one. Then, someone would compile it, add sounds or movements or whatever they want to make it interesting and vaild as a submission. Finally, a menu would be added and the Collab Starter would be able to submit it.

(obviously im just throwing this out there, im not interested in doing it myself, but maybe participating)

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-01 17:29:42

I think collabs are great ways for animators to get fresh ideas or can give them a chance to post some of their material that would be to short or random to post in the flash portal without being critisized.

My favorite ideas for collabs I seen sofar was the Fuuuuucc--Meme and the Mitch Headberg collabs.

I guess I could post some possible ideas that might get the ball rolling.

)You know youd be a bad ninja when---
)Thats what she said
)Bad times for "Heeeeres Johhny" to appear.
)What'ch you talkin 'bout Willis?
)The Bob saget collab?
)Did I do that? (Steve Urkle)
)Milk, Soda pop, Some purple stuff "Alright Sunny De!!!"

....All those are terrible ideas...I know I got some good ideas stored somewhere.

Hot Zenny! - Youtube - Our gaming channel

AquaHulk MUSIC - Youtube - Our Music channel

-Check out our content if you'd like!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-02 20:09:17

At 5/1/10 05:29 PM, MyMuslimFriend wrote: My favorite ideas for collabs I seen sofar was the Fuuuuucc--Meme and the Mitch Headberg collabs.

I don't think I'll be starting that collab, you're the only person who responded... so it's like you said... not many people know about him, therefore not many people will join!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-04 15:40:35

At 5/2/10 08:09 PM, Dylawrence wrote:
I don't think I'll be starting that collab, you're the only person who responded... so it's like you said... not many people know about him, therefore not many people will join!

Well we dont actully need to have him in it forsay, we could just use his jokes and match an animation with them. Id probably use, I bought a candle the other day but they had no candle holder, so I bought a cake. Or something like that.

Hot Zenny! - Youtube - Our gaming channel

AquaHulk MUSIC - Youtube - Our Music channel

-Check out our content if you'd like!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-10 09:12:00

How About.. 'Madness-Ball-Z'

Madness + dragon ball z = Awesome!!

Keep it sleazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-11 01:33:37

THE DINOSAUR COLLAB!!!
Do i really nead to explain??

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-19 10:16:20

will someone start aPOKEMON collab- i think it could be sweet, and no one has done it- its a big topic that everyone would know.

i'd start it myself but i am running too much other stuff...

someone else do it tho!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-19 10:25:34

At 5/19/10 10:16 AM, RedHarvest wrote: will someone start aPOKEMON collab- i think it could be sweet, and no one has done it- its a big topic that everyone would know.

i'd start it myself but i am running too much other stuff...

someone else do it tho!

I totally support a Pokemon Collab and would join in a second. I happen to have been playing Pokemon for a while recently. But I wouldn't lead it. I've led a single collab for around 7 months now, and it's now dead from natural causes. But if somebody were to start it, you've already got two guaranteed parts. Somebody with patience and experience with Flash. As well as a love for the subject.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-05-19 10:36:20

ya, i'd probly only sign on if the person was pretty legit who took it over!

but sumone do it!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-06-05 00:31:06

ive been looking for a small group to make a semi serious superhero collab were people create there own hero or villain and we sort of just do the whole 10sec-1min section thing

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-06-06 13:05:33

I was thinking of the Username Collab, where each person animated a short about their username, mine would be funkycaveman, so the theme is obvious. Some would be harder but even cooler!

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-06-07 12:23:23

Not an actual animation idea, but it is an idea.
I made a new system on my site to help collaborations organize their SWF's and FLA's all on one page. No sign up required, just a key which you can share (via PM) or not share, to delete and add files.

It is like a hub for people to keep updated with the collab.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/collabs

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-06-10 18:48:42

I was thinking of a collab where the first person animates a paper air plane being made an then being flown off the screen where the next person picks up and either animates someone throwing it again or otherwise pushed off the screen.

Response to "dumbest person you ever met" :

"Some girl I knew once forgot how to breath." -Dlxrevolution

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-06-24 03:54:53

Chess collab, hahahaha, i thought of a script for a skit, its like a silent room, with two guys playing chess, and it goes on for like 2 minutes, the one of the guys head just explodes... yeah that'd be cool...

BBS Signature