00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collaboration "Idea" Lounge.

28,352 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-06-26 17:12:33

how many of these ideas actually pan out into collabs? Also i like the tanks in time idea... some one start it!

touchin 101

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-06-26 17:30:56

We are still looking for more animators to join the Pikmin collab, so if you'd like to audition, send me a sample of your work via link through a pm, or just comment on the forums. Standards are on the high side, so just because you made a part does not mean it will be accepted, be sure to read the forum carefully if you are interested.

Pikmin Collab

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-06-28 17:09:20

Not sure if this would be really out there, but how many people would be interested in an Angry Birds collab? There's a lot of fun and crazy things you could do with it, and the characters are really easy to draw. I might have the urge to start it up when I get back from vacation, but for the moment, how many people would like to give this a shot?

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-09-04 16:43:44

How about a Spy VS Spy collab. Not with sprites though. Actual hand drawn work. Elaborate traps and ambushes. Maybe designate certain people on white and black spy to keep the win loss ratio even between the two. I would start this but i have little experience with organizing and maintaining collabs. But i would love to be a part of it!

touchin 101

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-09-04 17:19:19

At 9/4/11 04:43 PM, sleeeeep wrote: How about a Spy VS Spy collab. Not with sprites though. Actual hand drawn work. Elaborate traps and ambushes. Maybe designate certain people on white and black spy to keep the win loss ratio even between the two. I would start this but i have little experience with organizing and maintaining collabs. But i would love to be a part of it!

Not a bad idea, But organizing it would be tricky.

I would also like to be a part of this if it starts.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-09-04 17:27:40

At 9/4/11 04:43 PM, sleeeeep wrote: How about a Spy VS Spy collab.

I really like this idea! I think you should go for it!

clips for inspiration

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-09-07 15:44:35

At 9/4/11 05:27 PM, Nae wrote:
At 9/4/11 04:43 PM, sleeeeep wrote: How about a Spy VS Spy collab.
I really like this idea! I think you should go for it!

clips for inspiration

I really don't have the means to run a collab yet. I don't know a thing about making buttons or menus. I don't know how to convert flashes to 8 format. It would really be just me making one part and others doing all the real work for me that should be done by the collab leader. Aside from checking on peoples progress and so forth.

touchin 101

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-09-07 17:08:26

Told you!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-10 06:39:20

Okay, I have a lot to say and am not very good at saying it. As with most people, I have an idea. However, unlike most people, I stink bad at art and have very knowledge of programming. (On this site at least) I have two ideas to put forward. One is a mindless jumble that I dreamt of while asleep. The other is one that popped into my head shortly before sleep.

The first one is this;
A girl lives in a rural area with no other houses for miles. Her only means of getting anywhere is a railroad stretching in both directions parallel to the road. There is a small train station there, but a train hasn't come by in years. There is a small, brick wall with a door on the end that leads nowhere, whatever building being there lost to time. One day she finds a key, and on a whim tries it on the door. When she opens it she arrives in a 'crossroads' or sorts, a different world made up of pipes, and water(sewage mainly) She is greeted by another girl, and then finally another boy as they make their way through it, hiding from something looking for them. Eventually they end up lost, and go on a search to find their doors home. They go to worlds with mazed, water, and find these orbs and uncover something about the 'crossroads'.
(The end is a bit hazy, but I know the gist of what happens, but am unsure if it's any good as a story.)

The second one, for some unknown reason, my brain think sounds a little cliché, and a bit similar to the book 'The Host';
Basically the MC wakens to find himself in a barren world, as he walks around, he find a piece of broken glass and notices he is some kind of morphed bat like creature. He gets captured by regular humans, who hold him and ask him questions. He finds (This is the cliché part) out that the world was infected/run by/etc bat like creatures like him whom are mainly beasts and have destroyed most of humanity. Basically he slowly gains their trust, shows he's useful, and that's as far as I've gotten with the plot so far.

Basically if this was to happen I would need voice actors, and an animator(And possibly a collaborator, I'm extremely new to this). I would also try and request off the animator to 'show me the ropes' as I am trying to get into the programming/animating side of things as well.(I do Software Design at school, so I understand basic code and strings.)

But before that, do they sound interesting?
(Yes they are open ended, but why think the entire thing out when it might be a lame idea in the first place?)

<Blank>

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-10 10:37:48

PGV. Playable Game Video. Record pathing in a game like TF2, L4D, etc and overlay pathing options, then 3D sprites for the bots. I want to do this.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-10 11:03:17

how about a starfox or legend of zelda collab of some sort
it would be default 550x400 and would be 24fps and collab would be a combination of sprite sorts as well as traditional flash animation( id rather have more traditional animation myself)
what do you guys and girls think

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-11 01:49:49

Someone really needs to start a Minecraft collab. I've started working on a short, and it would fit right in.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-11 12:32:59

Mortal Kombat made quite the comeback and made fighting game of the year. I think it's about time MK got a new Collaboration that isn't a Sprite Collab.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-12 08:57:53

alright, so i was sitting on my couch one day, nothing to do, so i got on NG, i saw yet another skyrim flash on the front page. i thought to my self, what if instead of a Bunch of random flashes, there was an actual string of flashes following a story line? of course it would be humerus., i'm not even sure how much action it would involve, but what i came up with was two guys talkinmg.

both adventurers, nether dovakin. the first segnment i came up with was basically a recorded monologue where i voiced both men. they pretty much argue about pointless shit, the bases of the first one is one of then has the helmet with the horns on the side that is featured in every single flash...i just remembered what gave me the idea for this...the iconic skyrim helmet sort of blows, , stats wise ,i have one of the men question the fact that one of them is wearinmg a better, metal helmet. unfotuently the four minute first draft does in fact end with an arrow to the knee referenmce, in that one of the men shoots the other one when the argunment gets heated. my concepts for other episodes include the shooter visiting the other man in the hospitol and the thane of white run abusing his power, sinmilar to the thane of whitrun flash.

i face a few problems however.for one, i dont know how to aninmate and im no voice actor. all i have is an idea. it has to be aninmated, when i listen to the recording vs reading the script that i copied from my recording, the recording is much better. i mean, the recordinmg is me just monologing, because i dont have voice actors. so, is this a good idea?

No lives matter

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-12 17:44:23

Teletubbies die collab. ha

(just kidding, or am I?)

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-14 06:17:11

At 1/11/12 12:32 PM, GlaciusTS wrote: Mortal Kombat made quite the comeback and made fighting game of the year. I think it's about time MK got a new Collaboration that isn't a Sprite Collab.

i agree man - someone should run this - i'd join

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-14 17:31:17

At 1/14/12 06:17 AM, RedHarvest wrote:
At 1/11/12 12:32 PM, GlaciusTS wrote: Mortal Kombat made quite the comeback and made fighting game of the year. I think it's about time MK got a new Collaboration that isn't a Sprite Collab.
i agree man - someone should run this - i'd join

I'd be up for it too.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-22 19:05:28

Hey all, it been a while since I used this account, so yay glad to be back!

Now to business:

I've recently gotten in to D&D 4e, and well I have enjoyed it quite a bit, however I cant seem to get my daily recommended dose of vitamine D..&D (lol). I have found a game that has the basic mechanics that i was thinking of, but its very simplistic (if you want to see the example email me and I'll send a link).

What I would like to propose is a game based on D&D. I'm not a programmer (I am a voice actor though, so that MIGHT help), so I am uncertain as to how complex a game the current programs can make for the internet, but here are a few things I would like to see in this game:

-Turn (and Team) Based Stratagey game.

-Isometric map/game layout.

-Single player story mode: create 5-6 characters and head out in to the world for adventure and reach level 30 (pretty standard)

-Multiplayer Story mode: similar to single player but it has 5-6 players each controlling their own character, and they travel around looking for adventure.

-D.M. Mode: This is where players could create their own adventures, maps, scenarios... pretty much how a normal game of D&D would be played in someone's basement... minus the Cheese Puffs and Mountain Dew (well I guess you could have that in your own home while playing)

-There would be Random Encounters based on the characters level, for example: level 1 adventurers would fight goblins, level 10 characters would fight dragons, and so on.

-There would be a virtual die roll for rolling Initiative, Skill Checks, Attacks and Damage rolls.

-The character creation allows access to all the 4th edition material and maybe make it compatible with the D&D Character Builder files. As well as make the avatar for the character somewhat customizable; change colour of the armour, put different weapons in their hands, etc..

Well I got that off my chest, if you are interested in this feel free to Private message me or even email me at:

WOLVERINEN64 at hotmail (dot)com.

Its best to copy and paste the first part of the address as its a bit tricky (there's an extra N before the 64).

Thanks for reading!

-LoganN64

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-23 07:42:46

just doesnt feel like there's that many collabs running anymore - -

used to be people made collab threads that people could really sink their teeth into - - ex: Pirates Collab, MetalGear collab, Sonic Collab, Matrix collab ect...

now it seem people wanna make really random and non relate-able ideas (not to name names) ex: "silly collab", "Joe's Day Collab" or "Weirdness collab"...things like that

either those, or sprite collabs are most of what are kickin around in the BBS these days

- - my advice to anyone who wants to run a Collab that people will want to join & can be successful is this:

1- make it an idea everyone knows and can easily make a part for ( earlier mentioned Mortal Kombat Collab, Starwars Collab, Madmen collab....anything that every one knows and likes)

2-PM people to join and don't only rely on the bbs -(there are lots of newgrounders who dont check it)

SO that's all I got!

i hope someone starts something cool soon! collabs are a great opportunity if you dont have heaps of time to work on full length toons

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-23 18:54:09

At 1/23/12 07:42 AM, RedHarvest wrote: just doesnt feel like there's that many collabs running anymore - -

I think the main reason is because people would love to be a part of a collab, but they don't want to be the one that starts and leads the entire thing. People have been rather sheepish about hosting collabs lately.

Also, sorry to say, but most of the ideas you've suggested, like Star Wars and Mortal Kombat, have been done many times before. Truckloads of parodies already exist for them, and they've covered just about everything. You might want to think of something that is a little more fresh. The recent Skyrim collab was a good example of a successful collab cashing in on something popular and new. Probably would have done even better if the collab host allowed a bit more time for people to make parts and for more people to join in, but that was up to them.

Either that, or go into uncovered ground. Haven't seen a collab (or even a standalone Flash for that matter) based on Fallout, yet I'm sure that would be popular. Mass Effect and Arkham City/Asylum are possibilities as well. Or, if basing it on video games isn't really your thing, there's recent and upcoming movie franchises that could be done. I'm sure you could find quite a bit to do on Pirates of the Caribbean or the upcoming The Hobbit movie.

Again, I really think it's the nervousness of starting the collab or they're too busy to do it that's holding people back, because countless ideas are out there and can easily be done well, and people are always posting them in here. It's just that no one wants to be the guy that can't start new collabs any more because their first one was a flop and now everyone looks down on them. We just need more people to try and forget about what happens if it doesn't work out.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-01-23 19:54:13

Also, sorry to say, but most of the ideas you've suggested, like Star Wars and Mortal Kombat, have been done many times before.

I have never seen a collab or ( kollab ) with 10+ contributors, good solid animations, & nice menu controls done with MK or starwars -

this was a great collab in recent years imo

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-01 08:58:30

It's probably unlikely that I'm the first person to suggest this, but has anyone attempted a Fantasia-esq classical music flash collab before?

Using remixed classical music from the audio portal set to animation could be pretty cool (Well animating the most recognisable melodies of the songs anyway for file size/timing reasons)

Hmm, not sure if I'm explaining myself well..

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-08 08:34:43

A question about a Mortal Kombat Kollab I have is would people want that to be a sprite collab or hand drawn animation collab? Or even a mixture of both? Which would get the better outcome?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-08 11:45:52

At 3 hours ago, ForNoReason wrote: A question about a Mortal Kombat Kollab I have is would people want that to be a sprite collab or hand drawn animation collab? Or even a mixture of both? Which would get the better outcome?

My own personal preference would be hand drawn.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-08 22:20:05

I like some of the ideas here, while others I'm not too fond of. However, it isn't my place to judge, seeing as how I've got nothing submitted to the site... But I have an idea for a collaborative project (in the sense that I can't do it alone).

I've had an idea floating around in my head for several weeks now. At the core, it'd be a series of episodes based in a much altered Megaman universe. In my head, it's a serious series, and it sort of combines Megaman, Megaman Battle network, and .Hack into one. And I think that should be enough of an exposition.

The episodes would transfer from real world to the "Network" wherein the actual Megaman-esque events would occur. I'd pictured the "Network" very similar to the Battle Network series of games (i.e. it would look like this, this, or this), but that doesn't mean it HAS to look that way. The main character would be, of course, Megaman (on the net) and the guy whose avatar is Megaman. His little brother (real world) would be Protoman (Net), and his neighbor/childhood friend would be Roll. The series would start off with the Net (developed and run by Light Corp. [wink wink]) being roughly 10 years old, and by this time has completely replaced the old version of the internet. Access to the Net is done through a special headset that reads brainwaves and uses that to control an avatar. Websites would be hubs separate from the main pathways of the Net. At this point in time Megaman wouldn't be Megaman, but Rockman, as a tribute to the original name scheme and the still used Japanese names. The main character would, as Rockman, be the lead guitarist of a netband (a penomenon almost as old as the Net itself) known as The Rockmen, as he and his brother, the drummer, formed the band. Along with his brother, he is selected to take part in Light Corp.'s new project, the "Battle Network" and becomes thus becomes Megaman.

I won't go into more detail, but I DO have more of the story fleshed out.

This whole idea stems from the desire to twist the Megaman universe to my own liking and as such, if this ever gets off the ground, I'd like to direct/scriptwright. I envision the whole thing animated like an anime, but I have no talent for drawing.

Mainly, I'm posting this in the hopes that someone will want to aid me with this. Preferably someone who can storyboard/design with me, seeing as how those are the first steps in the process beyond writing the whole story.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

P.S. This whole idea started because of NemesisTheory's Still Blastin'

P.P.S. Yes, I meant to spell scriptwright the way I did. See? I did it again.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-09 05:24:22

At 20 hours ago, ForNoReason wrote: A question about a Mortal Kombat Kollab I have is would people want that to be a sprite collab or hand drawn animation collab? Or even a mixture of both? Which would get the better outcome?

If you want to get loads of people involved, I'd do both and quality control some of the submissions.
I hope this idea goes somewhere, rather than stagnate in this lounge.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-09 13:38:21

At 8 hours ago, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 20 hours ago, ForNoReason wrote: A question about a Mortal Kombat Kollab I have is would people want that to be a sprite collab or hand drawn animation collab? Or even a mixture of both? Which would get the better outcome?
If you want to get loads of people involved, I'd do both and quality control some of the submissions.
I hope this idea goes somewhere, rather than stagnate in this lounge.

I agree. I was thinking about hosting it myself if no one else wants to. I think it is a great idea and that's why I wanted to get some more ideas for it.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-09 15:08:48

I had an idea for an animation I was hoping someone could tell me if they thought was good.

It's about a guy who robs a jewellery store for a ring so he could propose to his girlfriend (He robs the store because he's poor as all hell), something which she is trying to push him into doing seeing as she's now pregnant. However, he doesn't make as clean of an escape as he wanted and ends up having to drive out of the city to escape. He drives out into a desert and keeps going, eventually winding up on a highway numbered "42." While on this highway, he manages to escape the police but his car breaks down, beginning a journey of self discovery and the thief coming to terms with his life and seeing he needs to make it better for his own kid's sake.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-12 15:30:08

Every one has a story and vision but do they have a set and props and actors. Any one like the movie water world? All Water world was... great set people and props If you have that you can make the story up as you go along. So writers that argue over the artistic vision he or she might have is contaminated by what they have.
Water world is one of the most expensive pictures ever made not because of content but because they had to re-build the whole set after a storm had totally destroy it, they had to start from scratch.
That being said I have a set and props and actors. I need a programer I can animate and make a .swf of all the set and props and people. To what Id like to make is a very reflecting project of THX-1138 Something different and original and I think with the set and actor could be very memorable.

Collaboration

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-12 15:34:35

I'd definitely be on for the Mortal Kollab.

BBS Signature