BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-10-26 04:30:45 Reply

I really need to come back to this thread. I made it with the intentions of rating collab ideas and trying to help everyone out, but the time slipped away from me. Hopefully I can find some time on my off day. I have a few collab ideas I am going to run by everyone soon. Hopefully I could get some feedback, or maybe someone will pick one up. I probably should have posted my Voice Actor collab idea here in respect of this thread, but I had the idea for a while and thought I would run with it. Any comments or complaints about that current collab? I like the feedback so I can improve on future endeavors. Thanks everyone!!

II II lI

BBS Signature
Nae
Nae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Artist
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-11-14 13:59:50 Reply

This has probably been done before, but whatev...

We've all seen the red and blue line collabs... and now there's a green line collab (in the art forum). I was thinking it might be cool to take that idea and make a 'grow collab' (think jack and the bean stalk) ...and as the stalk/vine grows up, leaves and other 'things' sprout from it (like instead of a leaf, it's a face or a bicycle).

really quick, shitty example

...that's all I got :P

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-11-14 23:34:01 Reply

My collaboration idea is to get as many people as I can together to make at least 1 flash a year.One thing though,I would just be a voice actor or something that doesn't involve making the flash.I could draw the characters maybe depending on my skills when we make this collaboration if we do make it.Also we is people that like this idea and want to join.If you want to join just send me a message.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-11-15 20:08:21 Reply

At 11/14/10 01:59 PM, Nae wrote: We've all seen the red and blue line collabs... and now there's a green line collab (in the art forum). I was thinking it might be cool to take that idea and make a 'grow collab' (think jack and the bean stalk)

I really like this idea. I'd do it but I don't have a high enough BA to make a collab.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen. Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
horsebugger
horsebugger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-11-19 12:57:08 Reply

ok so had this idea while i was listening to an arangemet of korobeiniki, more commoly known as the tetris music, i did it so it was more of a kind of street band arrangement, and gets faster and faster every time it repeats, so i had the idea of making a tetris style game where rather than it speeding up each level that you progress through, it would get faster with each repetition of the backing music, meanin that the game will speed up sooner as each repetition will last a shorter amount of time, hopefully resulting in a very short but chalenging game of tetris. im not a programmer so im just putting the idea out there, if anyone facies taking it on board they can.
i have searched aroud but couldn't see as theres a version like that been done, but i realize there are a lot of tetris based games out there so there may well be one. if the ideas isn't original then i do apologize.

heres the music i made

• tetris (traditional)
    tetris (traditional) by horsebugger

Click to listen.

Score
    3.78 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

odviosly if someone wanted to take up this idea i would probably redo the music so that it is a little longer, better quality, and gets much faster.

RedHarvest
RedHarvest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-11-29 11:08:55 Reply

is anyone lookin at running a winter/xmas themed collab?

i'm thinkin of running a small one possibly....if anyone would be interested in helping code it all together let me know.

or someone else should run a legit winter based collab!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature
Lemmiwinks91
Lemmiwinks91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-01-20 15:41:34 Reply

Before I start describing my idea I don't have any intention of managing it just yet because i am not equipped for Voice acting and not a comfortable flash animator, but i'd like some feed back.

Ok, so there would be a theme chosen for example Apocalyptic, fairytale, Cops and Robbers etc... and around that theme voice actors could produce a 10-12second audio clip. Then these audio clips will be shared between the flash animators to produce the video for them. They don't have to base it around the theme exactly but just the Voices and feel of the audio.

This is similar to what the 11 second club do but i only realised that after i had thought about it. But this has more audio clips and original ones being animated too.

Sorry if my explination isn't so good as well, but it's just an idea adn if anyone would want to do it you feel free too, but could you let me know as i'd be interested in seing how it goes. Thanks
Pointed here by Renaenae, so ty.

BBS Signature
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-01-20 19:19:08 Reply

I have a video game based collab idea. It's called the "Ratchet and Clank Grummelnet (or Gadgetron) collab". It was supposed to be a group of people animating a new, original Ratchet and Clank weapon and they would announce what it does like the guy does Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time. The only background would be the background used would be the weapon scene background. I also made a R&C and Newgrounds type of pre-loader, but I don't even have a batting average.

Thanks again for the collab tips Gustavos!

Just call me Psycho for short.

Minicollosus
Minicollosus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-01-22 16:08:37 Reply

Im putting a game together similar to castle crashers, and I can use all the help I can get to make it happen. I really need animators, programers and the works, since I'll mainly just be doing the art.
Heres some of my characters:

[IMG]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums /k548/Tokoyusoko7/Boombeedisagrees.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums /k548/Tokoyusoko7/Cyclobcolored.jpg[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums /k548/Tokoyusoko7/AppyChargecoloredall.j pg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums /k548/Tokoyusoko7/MinicollosusWallpaperc olored.jpg[/IMG]

I might not be able to get around to this thread very often so, if anyone wants to help me make this game work, pm me. Thanks for your time.

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-01-22 23:55:05 Reply

I just gonna throw an idea out there if anyone wants to make it themselves:

the aura game
players can be either fab, light,dark, neutral, or evil
the player could level up and obtain abilities specific to their aura.

with levels, bosses, enemies and all that jazz

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-01-22 23:59:55 Reply

the story would be similar to starcraft

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-03 18:08:39 Reply

Pico day is coming up, anyone got any good ideas for a collab to start up?

II II lI

BBS Signature
Monsieur-Monsieur
Monsieur-Monsieur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-06 17:07:37 Reply

Ey guys, I've got an idea for a collab!

"Hall of the Mountain King" is a famous song by Edvard Grieg. And I was wondering, it's a nice song but that could be excitting to do a flash collab with that music.

I can organise it in two way. Divise the song into distinct part and...
1)Make a thing like "pass-my-flash" with a little storyline and transition
2)Make separate entries with no transition.

What do you think about it?

DJaxs312
DJaxs312
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-06 22:08:30 Reply

Well. I wanted to do a funny collab based on PlayStation one games. Like Spyro, Crash, Megaman, Metal Gear, Tomb Raider, Digimon, Street Fighter, and more...

GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-11 23:39:20 Reply

What about a Chuck Norris Collab? It's a Collab based on the Chuck Norris "Facts" like "Chuck Norris doesn't turn the light on, he turns the dark off." or "Chuck Norris doesn't get wet, water gets Chuck Norris."

potatopower
potatopower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-12 14:25:05 Reply

My thread was locked because of my batting average in the portal.
Here's my idea.
Japan relief collab.

AS3 programmer. Learn AS3, it's for your own good.

Supersonic64
Supersonic64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-15 04:04:56 Reply

Castlevania Collab, anyone?

bisker191
bisker191
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-19 14:54:44 Reply

Japaneese Lazer Collab

1.It would be funny seeing a guy from Japan shooping a tsunami and earthquake
2.donate button with extra makings go to Japan/Haiti (like anyone cares about Haiti now..right?)Releif Fund

FrankNice
FrankNice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-31 07:15:15 Reply

If you need a voice actor, I'll be glad to help.

FrankNice
FrankNice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-03-31 07:20:48 Reply

At 11/14/10 11:34 PM, J-Rex wrote: My collaboration idea is to get as many people as I can together to make at least 1 flash a year.One thing though,I would just be a voice actor or something that doesn't involve making the flash.I could draw the characters maybe depending on my skills when we make this collaboration if we do make it.Also we is people that like this idea and want to join.If you want to join just send me a message.

Green's my favorite color! I'll help if you need some voicework done. You could also think swinging vines, boogersand snakes.

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-06 17:29:01 Reply

I would love for someone to finally get a stop motion collab to work. I know this is a flash website but there have been A LOT of stop motion animations on this site. I have tried myself and failed, but I think if someone more awesome than me tried it might get off the ground. I would love to participate. The file size would be HUGE, but I think the project would be worth it!

II II lI

BBS Signature
fatcat360
fatcat360
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-06 19:07:21 Reply

BACK TO THE FUTURE COLLAB

JPB
JPB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-06 19:20:08 Reply

So I was seeing a clip of fantasia (2000) (if youve never seen it then shame on you) and I was thinking itd be pretty cool do do some kind of animation experience of the kind, in the original Walt Disney divided its team into groups and gave each group a song, they didnt just go ahead divided the song and animated something random that would somehow tie in together, they planned the story together, criticised each others writing, heck, they made storyboards, and that style of production is the same till today, in the real world thats how animators collaborate, files are flying around every second...

So why dont we do that? Choose a short song (In The Hall Of the mountain king is a great song that could work), discuss the story, draw the storyboards, draw the characters, do the main frames, then the inbetweens, then the special effects, then draw/animate the bg, in each phase everyone would have a shot at that part of the process, a sequel would be much more better since we already knew that X was better with special effects, and that Y has a good sense of acting, and therefore draws killer poses, etc.

So We could start by summer vacation, get a few vas, a few artists, and a group of animators, VAs could help write the story, really get involved just like artists/animators, and well yeah, anyone up for it?

Hopefully that wasnt too hard to understand
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-07 14:08:54 Reply

Bang my shangalang collab

My sig is clickable and takes you some place. Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
NapalmDTH
NapalmDTH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-07 18:52:04 Reply

Hii. So i had this idea.

Its about a futuristic world at war. A super human race known as the Al-Bhed are claiming to be more superior then any human race becuase of thier "God eye" ability. they prove this by slowly marching into ever country near them and eventaully to the rest of the world. so far I've written one long scenerio where a soldier prince leads his delta squad into a villa filled with clever resistance members that seek to abush them. for anyone who wants to know more email me. I think this could make a great action pack flash.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-08 05:30:32 Reply

Is this thread going to be anything other than a dead idea dump?

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-08 08:39:50 Reply

why isnt there a collab that has to animators vs each other..? like the stick arena guys

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
lucatheawsome
lucatheawsome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-13 23:07:25 Reply

i wanted to make a epic game collab were everyone made on level for the game and then we out it all together i thought that would be cool :)

disregard females acquire currency NG irc :D

BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2011-04-14 00:03:53 Reply

At 4/13/11 11:07 PM, lucatheawsome wrote: i wanted to make a epic game collab were everyone made on level for the game and then we out it all together i thought that would be cool :)

Long ago there was this idea on the flash lounge, we teamed up artist+programmer and we were all going to make a short game and put it together, shamefully it was never completed.

I think I still have my sprite archives of it somewhere... good times )':

Reason of my post: League of Legends collab... do you think it is worth starting a thread?

My latest flash inspired me to do it, but I have never made a collab, Its kind of scary...