00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crypticfauna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

46,749 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-07-30 13:00:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klw_OLUrx gA

New campaign trailer. Short but sweet.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-01 19:06:19

I seriously cannot wait to go crazy in forge world.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-01 19:20:25

I'm going to go to firefight as soon as i unbox the game.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-01 20:29:09

I plan on becoming the guy in multiplayer who uses the invisibility perk a lot, sneaks up behind you, and assassinates you. This will lead to mass instances of >:C from other players and I will laugh.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-01 20:56:25

At 8/1/10 08:29 PM, 36Holla wrote: I plan on becoming the guy in multiplayer who uses the invisibility perk a lot, sneaks up behind you, and assassinates you. This will lead to mass instances of >:C from other players and I will laugh.

Ya but invisibility seems dumb now, you can't hear anything,but it does jam radar. Why the fuck would they make the invisible person deaf in the first place? i mean you wouldn't be able to hear the rocket fired 10m away from you, so basically all you do is kill the specific target you see. i'm not very happy face about that, but armor lock is the shit.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-01 21:28:22

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-02 01:26:45

I'm still neutral about Halo:Reach, but Halo 3 was a good game. I personally think that most of the weapons have had their quality dropped significantly.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-02 01:59:07

At 8/2/10 01:26 AM, LegendarySFA wrote: I'm still neutral about Halo:Reach, but Halo 3 was a good game. I personally think that most of the weapons have had their quality dropped significantly.

If you played the Beta, you'd know that Reach improved the weapons sandbox tremendously. It makes Halo 3 look unbalanced and broken in comparison. First of all, every gun was useful. There was not a single gun that was impractical to use in the Beta. Even the Plasma Pistol was deadly in the Beta, as opposed to being half a weapon. This is because they removed dual wielding, so that previously dual wieldable weapons did not have to be nerfed, and could now stand on their own as powerful weapons.

Also, there is no gun that is useful for every situation. In Halo 2 and 3, the BR worked well from close to long range, so it became the gun everyone used. Now, the DMR will be beaten by the AR or Pistol at close range, and the Pistol will be beaten by the DMR or Needle Rifle at long range. It is balanced so much better.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-04 14:46:25

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-04 15:28:15

At 8/4/10 02:46 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/04/halo-r each-returning-to-midship-ivory-tower/

This makes me happy. :)

ZOMG this is awesome!
Can't wait till it comes out!

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-05 12:52:25

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-05 13:07:04

At 8/5/10 12:52 PM, Shnam wrote: Oh lawd save us

Whoa...
It looks like they're bringing back a lot of the things cut from Halo: CE/Halo 2. The whole dinosaur thing was scrapped a long time ago.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-05 13:10:51

At 8/5/10 01:07 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 8/5/10 12:52 PM, Shnam wrote: Oh lawd save us
Whoa...
It looks like they're bringing back a lot of the things cut from Halo: CE/Halo 2. The whole dinosaur thing was scrapped a long time ago.

They have a cave troll.

Gueta

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-05 14:01:46

At 8/5/10 01:27 PM, Grubby wrote: HOWEVER, they should also remake that one snowy bridge level in Halo 2, you know, the most popular one.... I forgot what i was called, Oh yeah, LOCKOUT.

They should also make more Urban maps.

I am pretty sure they remade Lockout on Forge World.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-07 17:39:15

The hideous abomination (AKA Gueta) is a native creature on Reach. It is hostile to both humans and Covenant. It also looks like it is about 20 ft tall.

I'm really happy they've added hostile wildlife. One thing I felt was missing from Halo 3 was battles with a third party enemy in the mix. It is much more strategic because you have to plan it out so that you kill enemies from the side that has an advantage. That way the sides are evenly matched for maximum enemy casualties. Plus, watching two hostile parties fight it out is so satisfying! Especially when there are creatures that dwarf the Hunters attacking the Covenant! I hope to see large packs of these beasts.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-07 19:42:47

In my opinion Reach does have very good graphics. I've never seen skyboxes as good in other games before. The objects in the distance aren't just painted onto a dome around the map. They are floating there is real time. Makes the backdrops in Call of Duty look like copy pasted google images.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 17:25:29

Tell me what is going on at this part guys cos this looks epic!

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 17:38:52

At 8/14/10 05:25 PM, mattuiop wrote: Tell me what is going on at this part guys cos this looks epic!

A Covy ship is getting fucked up!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 19:02:34

At 8/14/10 05:38 PM, MrFlopz wrote:
At 8/14/10 05:25 PM, mattuiop wrote: Tell me what is going on at this part guys cos this looks epic!

lol, usually, the cov you succeed in killing reach but this shows that noble 6 has destroyed the cov.
other has the cov got more ships???

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 20:34:31

At 8/14/10 07:02 PM, mattuiop wrote:
At 8/14/10 05:38 PM, MrFlopz wrote:
lol, usually, the cov you succeed in killing reach but this shows that noble 6 has destroyed the cov.
other has the cov got more ships???

There are hundreds of Covy ships. Do you think they would send in one ship on an assault against an enemy planet? This isn't a sci fi cliche with a Mothership. (Unless you call High Charity a mother ship)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 20:45:43

Zealot gameplay

Reflection gameplay

In case anyone is interested.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-14 21:04:51

At 8/14/10 08:45 PM, Shnam wrote: Zealot gameplay

Reflection gameplay

Thanks. I haven't seen any Zealot gameplay videos. Just Reflection.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-16 13:10:48

At 8/14/10 08:45 PM, Shnam wrote: Zealot gameplay

Reflection gameplay

what about spire?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-16 15:43:03

Hello.

What's the best deal for pre-ordering this game is right now? I'm personally opting for Amazon (w/ release date delivery of course) and it's $20 gift card (for future purchases) & bonus helmet (which I actually don't give a shit about, I just want the $20.) In fact, I'll even be using a $20 off promo code from way back in May when I bought Red Dead Redemption (which had the same $20 off promo and free golden weapon DLC.)

So, technically speaking, I'll be picking up Reach for $40 if I go through Amazon and because I chose to use them again I'll also be receiving another $20 off a future purchase which will likely be another purchase with ANOTHER $20 off promo. It's a wonderful cycle really. (For those interested, I know for a fact that Black Ops has a $20 off promo code give away for pre-ordering, but I'm still unsure about purchasing that.)

I don't really know the pre-order details of other retailers, so that's exactly why I'm asking. I just hope they're at least as competitive as the $20 off. Also, I should mention that I don't really care about trying to get it early which, I'm sure, will invariably occur for some lucky fans. (By the way, Amazon "release date delivery" is entirely reliable and convenient from my experience, unless there's a local problem with weather/your post office your game will always show up on time.) I'm only interested in the added benefits each vendor will be throwing in on pre-orders in addition to the game itself.

Now I'm going to go ahead and read this thread through and get up to speed on all the information I've been neglecting thus far.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-16 15:57:16

At 8/16/10 03:43 PM, Matt wrote: Hello.

What's the best deal for pre-ordering this game is right now? I'm personally opting for Amazon (w/ release date delivery of course) and it's $20 gift card (for future purchases) & bonus helmet (which I actually don't give a shit about, I just want the $20.) In fact, I'll even be using a $20 off promo code from way back in May when I bought Red Dead Redemption (which had the same $20 off promo and free golden weapon DLC.)

So, technically speaking, I'll be picking up Reach for $40 if I go through Amazon and because I chose to use them again I'll also be receiving another $20 off a future purchase which will likely be another purchase with ANOTHER $20 off promo. It's a wonderful cycle really. (For those interested, I know for a fact that Black Ops has a $20 off promo code give away for pre-ordering, but I'm still unsure about purchasing that.)

I say just go with amazon. Gamestop offers nothing but an armor piece, and walmart I think just gives you a gift card. I don't usually buy games from other places, but amazon is usually goddamn wonderful, and it comes through right now.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-16 22:31:02

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-16 22:34:05

I'll just leave this here to tease you all.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/
offers/f0000001-0000-4000-8000-00004d530 85b?cid=SLink

For reviewers only.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-17 05:44:37

At 8/16/10 10:31 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://www.rememberreach.com/

Hype.

i pic of a scope thing. what happens next?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-17 07:31:04

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-08-17 14:01:45

At 8/17/10 07:31 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Hey look a sexy new ViDoc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2TPo7z0 sM

Saw it earlier. Need this game A.S.A.P.