00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2

24,405 Views | 64 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 18:38:25

the stress bunny was pretty trippy lol

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 18:52:35

This one was very well done. First off, it was all frame by frame animation with beautiful coloring and awesome plot material. I loved the quirky characters and the quirky design of everything. This movie was well.. quirky! The music was preety kickass as well. Great job man!

I have always been a fan of this guys work and would make this my second favorite. His frame by frame white on black black on white style always gets me. The way everything is set up is just eyegasmic. Each detail is so original and each movement just makes me go WOH.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 19:13:35

At 11/12/09 07:09 PM, Twilight wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 1822
10/10 for both. Well animated, creative even if one is just a bit from a series, highly underrated. Good choices for whoever picked the two.

I picked the first one. I knew about it because I love the rest of Kol-Belov's work, but I noticed that this particular submission had somehow slipped under the radar.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 19:36:52

This one was poetic! I liked the style of it and it really sent a sort of chill up my back. Very nicely done animation and such a cuuuuuttttteeeeeee bunny lol!!! Great job on the originallity! Love your work!

My second vote goes to this one! The colors are reall crazy and fun! I liked the character design of it was cute and nice. Thanks Tom for doing this, it was a cool idea.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 20:13:53

Tea is a simplistic animation with great artwork. It plays to a nice catchy song and involves mankind's most powerful weapon ever: Tea. This movie makes no sense at all.
8/10

New Jack Chase is an animation with a great style. At times I had no clue what was going on though, and the ending is horribly clishe.
6/10

Pinball-like Echoes is a cartoon that is sure to put a smile on your face. I love how this plays off in a world far beyond ours. The style of this flash is expressive and fun and the ending is surprisingly humorous.
10/10

Blattaria Blast is a movie I thought I had seen on frontpage before, but it could be my mistake. This is a great musicvideo with nice action. The overal presentation of this flash is awesome, but the story confuses me a lot.
9/10

dogtime is entertaining and stylish, but I would have prefered it much better in color. I also can't help but feel that the song didn't fit too well with the animation.
6/10

Icarus is a very nice animation. It was pretty confusing though and did little to entertain me.
5/10

Damn Pumpkin teaches us some good morals. I have to say it's a nice animation, and has some good voice acting. But the ending didn't satisfy me enough. I believe with a little more effort this could have been much better.
6/10

Candy Land is an awesome quality cartoon that has some funny looking characters in a very serious setting. Candy going to war, whoah.
9/10

ex-girlfriend is a flash I submitted to the Treasurehunt myself. Three seconds are all that's needed for a quick laugh. The graphics aren't that neat, but they do for this cartoon. Great for a replay.
8/10

The lazyway is a pretty simple animation of the rube goldberg machine. I'm sure I would have liked it better if it wasn't a chainreaction made of lines and circles but it was very entertaining anyway. Also the ending is pretty humorous.
7/10

Where the Missing Sock Go is like one of those mysteryland movies. Especially the insane battle with the orc was a lot of fun to watch. The ending is just right. Great animation.
9/10

Carrotoid (0m:18s) was a pretty good pixelated movie. It was funny, mainly because of a surprisingly funny ending right when I found myself in a state of confusement.
7/10

A Rhino's Stomach has a good story, some great graphics. It was a bit long, but atleast it was entertaining.
8/10

Just a few buds is an okay movie. I prefer collabs to have longer animations. But the graphics were certainly nice and so is the music used.
5/10

TripleBits it's intro is the shit. Everything that follows is nice and entertaining and all, but not quite as funny as the intro is. Although I must say it still is very entertaining as is expected when they VF brothers are involved.
8/10

Forest is a great gem, very artistic and the graphics are pretty amazing. It's creepy in some ways but mostly just mysterious.
10/10

Adventure Prohor and Puzo has amazing graphics and a humorous style. I'm not sure what it is about since it tells me to watch the full version elsewhere.
8/10

The Test of Doom is simular to Weebl and bob in a way, but then again it doesn't seem like a total rip off. This flash gave me a few good laughs, but was then ruined with a laser shot from the mouth, which is never funny.
7/10

Stress Bunny is some weird shit, pretty artistic. Some great frame by frame work involved here. I must say though, that I dislike the fact that the same song keeps layering on top of itself as soon as it ends and loops to the beginnning again. No preloader either.
6/10

The Agent ep.2 plays of in cooltown, quite fitting. This flash has some serious style. I don\t have much bad to say about this flash apart from the fact that some scenes were a little too long.
9/10

Ooohhh! Pantalones! is a great frame by frame animation. I guess you could call it educational, for spanish little kids anyway. Quite likable.
6/10

Save Me seems like an animation that started as something random and ended up as something very fascinating. Some great graphics as the animation progresses, very enjoyable.
8/10

Rube Goldberg DVD
Another Gold Ruberg movie. This time it involves more detail, a more complicated goal to reach, and a bad ending. I like it.
8/10

Rubiks Cube is a short that doesn't make much sense but has a pretty nice style. It still brings a nice message to whomever's birthday it may be.
6/10

Flute is really experimental and childish. It doesn't make much sense but in a way, that is what makes it so good.
9/10

'Whirlpool Chicken'
Surreal, that's for sure. I can't really tell what's going on here, but I must say it's pretty entertaining to watch.
8/10

Flim was a pretty nice video to end with. Many things happen rapidly in a row. Entertaining and neverending. It goes with a style that is quite lovable, and some laidback music to back it up.
7/10

Ugh this took so longggg X_X
Glad I'm finally done. Watching each flash is ok to me, but I'm not going to review every single one again.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 20:55:53

Pinball-like echoes was my favorite.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:08:49

i wish Dogtime was finished...buuuut

I vote for Dogtime.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:30:06

Um... to be honest and fair to those who submitted those flashes - most were not in my style so I did not find them to be very entertaining to me. I lost interest in most and found myself more or less wondering when the movies would be over. The winner to me is Ex-Girlfriend. Funny, unexpected, to the point. =)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:39:31

Just finished reviewing all of the movies for this category.

I always find these experimental and quirky movies to be interesting, mainly because each author uses a style based on their own imagination. The plots and stories told are always different than other flashes, so many of the flashes were unique. My vote for this category goes to:

The whole animation was flawless. It told a fantastic story that was mixed with great music. The characters each have their own personalities and you eventually become connected to them. You will be entertained from beginning to end. A true hidden gem that cannot go unnoticed.

I really wanted to vote for two flashes I recommended that ended up in this category, Test of Doom and Flute, but I would have felt so bad that Pinball-like Echoes would not have received the recognition it deserves. Anyway, congratulations to all the hidden gems in the quirky category, I'm looking forward to see what other treasures are yet to be uncovered!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:44:09

At 11/12/09 08:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7253
Ooohhh! Pantalones! is a great frame by frame animation. I guess you could call it educational, for spanish little kids anyway. Quite likable.
6/10

Haha, that flash is hardly educational dude.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:45:37

I'll do my reviews in parts, because I don't have enough time to do it all at once.

Tea., = 8/10
Nice, short and sweet.

New Jack Chase = 6.5/10
Wasn't that interesting

Pinball-like Echoes = 6.5
It reminds me of something you'd see on Sesame Street, kinda.

Blattaria Blast = 8.5/10
The style of animation is pretty decent, very clean, and certainly adds to the epicness of wrestling giant, mutant cockroaches.

Dogtime = 7.5/10
Very good fbf, humorous, somewhat, and the characters were consistent in their style, though color would've made it perfect.

Icarus = 7/10
it has a strong style, but it's too short and clueless.

Damn Pumpkin = 6.5/10
Quite funny, but a bit messy.

Candy Land = 8.5/10
Good choice of music, well timed, quirky ending. What more could you ask for?

Ex-Girlfriend = 8.5/10
Funny. Random, short funny. I watched it ten times, laughing like a crazy man.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 21:55:18

At 11/12/09 09:44 PM, CantflyRyan wrote:
At 11/12/09 08:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7253
6/10

Hehe, yeah I figured it wasn't actually all that educational. It is however presented in the same way an actual aired educational short would be presented. So I just named it that way because I didn't know how else to describe it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 22:01:48

Sorry but, is this actually being written by Wade Fulp? Im sorry but i heard this really mean rumor that Tom Fulp is dead and Wade is writing his posts. If he isnt dead, thats fantastic, if he is, im so sorry. Please reply

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 22:02:56

At 11/12/09 09:55 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 11/12/09 09:44 PM, CantflyRyan wrote:
6/10
Hehe, yeah I figured it wasn't actually all that educational. It is however presented in the same way an actual aired educational short would be presented. So I just named it that way because I didn't know how else to describe it :P

Didn't know you meant it that way (probably just the way you said it). But yeah, I think that's what Boogley was trying to accomplish with the flash.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 22:34:20

Oh man, it took a while, and this choice was even harder than yesterdays, but I have to go with Stress Bunny for my choice. So weird, so odd and imaginative, but it really was something I liked. Okay, maybe I'm biased for the utterly bizaar, but if I had to choose just one, it'd be it.

Pantalones was my runner up, alongside Dogtime. Thanks for all the support and votes in return, too!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-12 23:52:26

hey

im in there

thanks tom

even though that movie doesnt really show what i can do now but definately thanks!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 00:02:34

Okay! I watched every entry. I didn't feel like I should review all of them, but that doesn't mean one was necessarily bad; I just don't think writing the same thing over and over is useful to this process. All my reviews were done in word and transferred over to this thread to insure that I wouldn't have to many spelling errors ;)

Icarus

This is a lovely piece of work. It had a very "Power Puff Girls" style of art to it but a more exciting cast ;)

Pinball-ball echoes.

Exciting! Polished! Beautiful! Original! Just a pleasure to watch all around. An easy 10.

Blatarria Blast

It's stuff like this that makes me wish I had spent more time searching for treasure hunt gems! This one blew my mind. I can't believe it's a lost gem. The same goes for most of these flashes, but I think this should be a winner.

Damn Pumpkin

LOLs! It's well done and funny. Reminds me a lot of Oney's style ;)

Candy Land

I remember seeing this one. I could have sworn it made FP, but it's still a great little flash to show again ;)
The lazyway

Clever. 4/5

Where the Missing Sock Go

This was very long, well done, and creative. A fine example of hard work paying off. I doubt the artist is very good at drawing or animating, I could be wrong, but the flash here is very refined and pleasing to watch.

Carrotoid (0m:18s)

Good old fashioned pixilated fun, that really looks like it could have been out of a Nintendo game, until we get to the funny end. I suggested this one, so I'm rooting more so for it than the rest ;)
A Rhino's Stomach

Great! I loved it's cuteness and its grossness. It had all the great elements of a story and is lots of fun. Front page material! 10/10

Adventure Prohor and Puzo

To short! That's a good thing, since I wish there was more. Better than the opposite. Looks like it will be fun to watch anything by this artist.

The Test of Doom

Pretty decent work here. The original style plus silly humor made it worth the while.

Stress Bunny.

Talk about oozing with animation! Very interesting.

The Agent ep.2

Well done, but boring as heck. The characters and art are well done, I probably just caught the slower episode of the series. Did Johnny Utah voice this? ;) 4/5

Ooohhh! Pantalones!

This was to funny. I really liked it a lot. And I'm taking Spanish 101, so I'll favorite it for learning purposes.

Save Me

Unique style and story. I wish the beginning was as engaging as the middle and end. It might have been painful, however I couldn't tell.

Rube Goldberg DVD

Irony is always a plus for me. I laughed ;) excellent fun.

Rubiks Cube

It could have had a message behind it, but it didn't. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. It's well animated. It's worth a watch if you like to think outside the cube. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Flute

A flash that has a point and blew me away with it. It's hard to see why this one shouldn't be a winner because it's so well done. The only problem is it is abstract. But I got it I think. The father is unsupportive of his sons creativity, a shameful way to raise a kid.

Whirlpool Chicken

God this is fun to watch and listen to! It just gave me a good feeling everywhere! ... Don't get any perverted thoughts now ;)

Flim

Last one, yay! Cute!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 00:12:02

I also want to say that I have seen a lot of people saying dogtime was the best one of all these. To which I ask: have you people watched any of them other than dogtime?

;)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 00:15:40

TripleBits

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 00:44:19

At 11/13/09 12:02 AM, omegared wrote: Flute
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 6150
A flash that has a point and blew me away with it. It's hard to see why this one shouldn't be a winner because it's so well done. The only problem is it is abstract. But I got it I think. The father is unsupportive of his sons creativity, a shameful way to raise a kid.

Indeed it is the thing we wanted to show in this flash movie. I'm really glad that Flute is among the contestants. It feels really good when your work is being noticed again after such pause.
When you release a game or movie you expect some amount of attention and its good. But its even nicer when you are just visiting NG and accidently notice that your work is getting attention. Thank you for such a plesant surprise, this contest is fabulous.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 00:51:06

At 11/12/09 10:01 PM, Protomix wrote: Sorry but, is this actually being written by Wade Fulp? Im sorry but i heard this really mean rumor that Tom Fulp is dead and Wade is writing his posts. If he isnt dead, thats fantastic, if he is, im so sorry. Please reply

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 01:04:32

At 11/13/09 12:51 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/12/09 10:01 PM, Protomix wrote: Sorry but, is this actually being written by Wade Fulp? Im sorry but i heard this really mean rumor that Tom Fulp is dead and Wade is writing his posts. If he isnt dead, thats fantastic, if he is, im so sorry. Please reply
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUBLE! LOL!!! in fact this is LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

At 11/13/09 12:44 AM, Teshla wrote:
At 11/13/09 12:02 AM, omegared wrote: Flute
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 6150
Indeed it is the thing we wanted to show in this flash movie. I'm really glad that Flute is among the contestants. It feels really good when your work is being noticed again after such pause.
When you release a game or movie you expect some amount of attention and its good. But its even nicer when you are just visiting NG and accidently notice that your work is getting attention. Thank you for such a plesant surprise, this contest is fabulous.

Oh cool! People are noticing that they made it into this contest!!! YAY! I wish everyone noticed because it might inspie them to make more flashes ;)

Yah know what? It's good that you can make a thoughtful flash. I love the unthoughtful random flashes that are funny as much as the serious ones. I really hope your's is a winner, or a close second :) It's just to well done xD

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 02:57:49

Oh boy! I'm in this years too! C:

Thanks Tomathy. <3

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 05:03:57

10/10

LOL - Tea...BAGGED!

First of the Collection to review and I'm already laughing!
The overall animation was good.
So it delivered the movement with grace and hilarity.

8/10

Jazzy and Quirky

But the transitions do not fit.
And sometimes it misses the beat with the music.
It could've been a little bit better in terms of scenes transition.
But all the while neat.

10/10

Space-Tacular! A real "eye" full.

Though you have to wait a while for it to load properly...
This is truly a unique animation making good uses of movement.
It also matches very well with the music choice.
I am thoroughly impressed with this piece of work.

10/10

Extremely Professional

For a flash, your limited to only so much graphics.
But this is quite a show! A little hard to follow but who cares!
It was nothing but pure glee of kinetic motion!
The rush! The feel of running and jumping is expressed very well.
With an interesting epilogue explaining the 'origins' of the experiment.
I hope you get hired at a studio of some kind.

5/10

Cute and Quirky, but not complete.

I also feel the choice of music is inappropriate for the type of theme your going for.
This is a cartoon of fluid motion. Similar to the animations of John Kricfalusi.
But you lacked adequate sound and animation.
It's like I'm just watching a story board for a future project.
Sure it's a mini-flash.
But I got this thing about only appreciating 'finished' work.

8/10

That was...interesting.

Though lacking in a story of some kind...
It does move along quite nicely.
Giant Robots killing lizards that are giant robots in disguise?
Whatever floats your boat dude.
I am impressed with the animation and colors.
Not impressed with your limited sound effects.

7/10

That was just weird.

I would be impressed a bit more if it was in color.
Seeing that it is flash, it really should be too much trouble.
I have a big gripe against work that is only seen half through.
But...I digress. It is a good demonstration of your animation skills.
Though I felt it was done more for fun than to test your skills.

10/10

Quite possibly the best, but also too short.

I was expecting a spectacle of bravery!
But the result was a little short-comming.
Over all I am thoroughly impressed by the quality of the work.
Even though it was a bit short for my expectations.
I was kinda hoping to see like Candy Tanks. But oh well.
Good Work!

6/10

(O_O) . . .

My reaction to this was brief and fleeting.
But...I sympathizes.
Sometimes that just how guys feel.

7/10

Definitely Inspired by Lazy Muffin

How long has it been since I heard that song.
But oh the tension build up. Followed by a anti-climatic ending.
All that...ALL that just to change the channel?
Ever seen someone work so hard at being so lazy?
Just a little choppy and sloppy here and there, but I love the comedy.

10/10

Oh now this is pure GOLD

This had a good story, great use of music, and amazing and stylish animation.
Though the reason why the sock had to go through the trial is questionable.
Still, it is a demonstration of great imagination and style.

8/10

A nice quick laugh, exactly 18 seconds lol

It doesn't make sense, but it is all for the sake of art!
Nom Nom Nom Nom
I kinda want to see this turned into a videogame.
The Rabbit could be the ending movie for a Game Over.

8/10

I am a little perplexed by the story in general

The story has an adequate length of time to tell.
Though the animation is a bit choppy at times.
I felt as though it was somewhat rushed.
However it makes good use of sound effects.
And considering how long it was, it must've taken some work.
I appreciated the imagination, but at the same time...
I am befuddled that parasites in his stomach control his actions.

8/10

The use of drugs for inspiration has always been questionable to me.

On one hand, it allows us to explore the mind beyond what we can comprehend.
On the other hand, it is extremely detrimental to our health.
This is a good dedication to the 420 aka : Cannabias Culture
But I'm not one to support it.
But I do support the art!

10/10

U know what...I love this!

I love the concept of the fast pacing shorts.
Similar to Robot Chicken, only for flash.
It's stylish and extremely free-flowing.
I enjoy this very much!

10/10

Quite possibly the best I've seen so far!

There is no definite story, only what you need to see
The animation is so fluid I dare say a studio produced this.
I was incredibly impressed with the visuals and the sounds.
I really felt sucked into the whole ordeal of the girl.
It's hard to really explain it, but I enjoyed it so.

9/10

Good for a teaser

But I'm not about to visit your website on the account of teaser episodes.
You really should just post the full thing if you wanna get people excited about your work. But to each his own.
I for one appreciate the art and music, but there isn't enough for me to really understand 'why' I should visit your website to see the whole version.
Teasers don't work for me.

10/10

In terms of Quirky-ness

This one nails it DEAD ON!

I can see this as a potential video game series for young kids.
Nothing complicated, just a bunch of weird stuff to tickle their fancy.
Even if a person fails a task, the story can still continue.
So there will be a numerous amounts of outcomes.
Playing each time won't be the same.
Imagine this as a game won't you?
I loved every moment of it, nothing was boring.
It was quirky, clever, fluid animation, and all the same appealing.

9/10

wow...what an imagination!

I feel somewhat frightened by the images.
But what makes this just a notch short of being good.
Is that it is mostly in black and white.
I really appreciate color.
It is such a drag watching this beautiful animation...
In such black white.

10/10

An amazing new series!

This is an new series I am eagerly awaiting to watch more of.
An invisible man. The glasses add a nice touch.
The colors and details of the character and backgrounds!
All amazing Work!

10/10

Perfect for the kiddies!

Your sense of fluid-like animation really appeals to me.
It could probably have a positive effect as a children show.
One made for toddlers and such.
Almost all animation is so 'sharp' on the eyes.
Your cartoons are very easy to watch. Almost relaxing.
That's what I feel is good for kids.
Make is so my good man!

10/10

A unique dedication to a lost lover

I can understand the artistic perspective here.
What arouses my curiosity is the uniqueness of the objects.
How do objects like that display such movement and emotions.
It's truly an artistic endeavor.

8/10

LOL - Did not work out as expected no?

You shouldn't be lazy.
Once again. Working so hard at being so lazy
Ho ho ho
It was a decent animation.
Not the best I've seen, but decent.
You could improve more so on the music.
I felt that it wasn't quite appropriate for cartoonish shenanigans.

7/10

Hmm....a bit short

I was kinda hoping for some developing circumstances.
It was kinda short-lived for my expectations.
Even if it was a clever b-day card, it could've been longer.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 05:07:58

Review Continued

10/10

WOW WOW WOW

I am speechless
Deep breath!
The Raw COlorS!
The COmPleX AniMaTion!
I loved every second of it!

8/10

Wow...that was...really weird.

I'm...not to sure what to sure what to say really.
I'm baffled from the very ideas of the character itself.
Truly there is more imagination and creativity in the world...
Than anyone can fathom.
Facts are many, but limited.
Imagination is limitless!
It's a God-like character.

10/10

Wow...everything is so...calm

From all the crazy quirky flashes I've watched
This is by far the most 'mild'...'timid'...'friendly'
I would enjoy watching this every night before beddy-by
:3
It's so cute that it is perfect for young kids.
I would improve upon this idea and art form.
See if you can make a 90 minute movie of this for kids.
Cause this works!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 05:12:32

Whew!

First of all Tom, I have to say I am very VERY impressed by all these amazing flash artists.

(And you watched literally THOUSANDS of them!?)

And to think that all these artists were over-looked.

Such Gems!

But for me to choose one...ONE!

This flash has inspired me.

I feel it could become a possible video-game intended for kids.
Nothing complicated, just a bunch of weird stuff to tickle their fancy.
Even if a person fails a task, the story can still continue.
So there will be a numerous amounts of outcomes.
Playing each time won't be the same.
Imagine this as a game won't you?
I loved every moment of it, nothing was boring.
It was quirky, clever, fluid animation, and all the same appealing.

Think about it Tom, with your massive programing skills. You could easily create a game fit for your young son to play.

All based around this concept of Yo-Gaba-Gaba type characters that the PLAYER can CUSTOMIZE!

No real plot to the story.

No game-overs.

Just continuous play of a story of some kind that will be different each time you play.

Even if you fall off a cliff you can still continue the story BELOW.

You know what I'm saying?

For you son. This would be a great game!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 07:22:37

Part 2 of my reviews -.-'

The Lazy Way = 6.5/10
This kind of stuff has been done before, but it's always interesting to see what people can come up with.

Where the missing socks go = 6.5
Interesting story that drags on a bit, and doesn't really explain much...

Carratoid = 6.5 (again)/10
short, sweet, pointless fun that really doesn't make that much sense.

A rhino's stomach = 7/10
Pretty decent animation, considering the length of it, though I would've have considered this a 'quirky' submission >.>

Just a few buds = 5/10
Considering this is a collaboration, I would've thought there would've been higher quality work, because people don't have to do as much...

TripleBits = 7.5/10
Random, quirky animations. A nice way to get all that unfinished stuff out of the way.

Forest = 9/10
well animated, clean fbf, and interesting motives.

Adventure of Prophor and Puzo = 5.5/10
It was going so well, and to find out it was an advert dragged it down a lot.
though the animation was really quite good, it definitely isn't a 'treasure'

Stress Bunny = 9/10
This is the first time I've felt depth in an animation that's predominantly fbf on a white background.

The Agent ep.2 = 8/10
Well animated with an interesting style for backgrounds, interesting character designs and flawless continuity, etc, the only thing really lacking is interest in the story, I suppose >.>

The Test of Doom = 8.5/10
Now THAT was quirky, and quite entertaining.

Rube Goldberg DVD = 8.5/10
Ahahaha. It was another one of those chain reaction ones, like an earlier one, but the ending was much more...of an ending, I suppose. it's better than the other one.

Oooohhh! Pantalones! = 8/10
Well animated, as always, with TheBoogley, just it wasn't that worthwhile, I suppose you could say.
Nick Jr kinda thing, as I know it was intended to be.

Save Me = 7.5
Sometimes perception of depth gets a bit confusing, other than that, quite nice.

Rubix Cube thing = 6
Not really treasure hunt worthy...

Flute = 8.5/10
Some crazy unique animation, and a little bit sporadic.

Whirlpool Chicken = 7/10
The most creative form of mind-rape I've seen yet.
mildly entertaining.

Flim = 8/10
Very relaxing, amusing and calming. This is a gem. It's got nice textures, simple ideas, no necessary plot.
it's just nice.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 10:23:27

Definitely one of the few that stood out, and In my opinion was the most entertaining (In a "quirky" way, of course).

My name really sucks.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-13 19:01:35

what a great compilation!, well ...let's see, some kind of Top 4 (whoah, who makes top 4s?...).
1) Stress Bunny - It's the kind of hidden movie you can't forget, It has brains and octopuses, so...come on!
2) A Rhino's Stomach - Excelent story, tweened-but-okay animation, and cool stomach-world guys.
3) Candy Land - story was silly ,but the whole action was just NUTS, couldn't avoid putting it here.
4) Flute - not only it had its 'message' ,the 'visuals' were like a super-eye-trip.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 2 2009-11-14 17:22:20

My vote goes to Pinball-Like Echoes, primarily for how it was executed. The animation was smooth and enthralling to watch. The music matched perfectly with the animation and mood. It was a rare quality movie that was appropiate for all ages. It certainly fits the "quirky" category, and it contained a surprising amount of humour. An all around fun movie that deserves to be this years pick.

Due to complaints about my last signature having the incorrect use of "there" I am now changing it to fuck you.