00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,374 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 11:29:15

By the way I'm still playing A Link to the Past and finished the second and third dungeon and got the Master Sword.

I just faced the wizard for the first time, but I lost. You know what's annoying the crap out of me? Every time I die in a dungeon I have to start all the way from the beginning of the dungeon again. I had to go through five floors with about four rooms filled with enemies each in Hyrule Castle and then I lost to the wizard and had to go through all those rooms again. FFFFFFF... >=|

For the rest I am enjoying the game though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 12:33:26

I also play super smash bros brawl and several others but most of them are either rubbish in wifi or the connection won't for some reason recently...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 14:38:43

At 5/28/10 12:33 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: I also play super smash bros brawl and several others but most of them are either rubbish in wifi or the connection won't for some reason recently...

Well, i only have MKWii, Quantum of Solace and The Conduit, basicly playing The Conduit only for now

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 14:55:29

At 5/28/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote:
I think I should try those triple tech rocks as well next time. I haven't used them at all in my first run.

They are fucking hard to find... I'm telling you. You might want to use a walkthrough or some game FAQ to find them all.

Yeah eventually I decided to first have one character attack and wait with the other two. Just to play it safe.

Same here :)

Yeah it seemed more like a fun multiplayer game to me. Just like Mariokart and SSB, it's fun with more players, but if you play it alone you'll probably get bored with it quickly.

I'm a huge SSBM player. Never really got into Brawl cause I don't have Wii and I am not planning on buying one. The first SSB was good, but not as good as Melee. Melee is fucking awesome and I'm a beast with Fox. I kick so much ass with that guy :P

Donatello? He is the one with the stick right?

Fuckin right :P

All the Pokemon games :) Although they really get complex after gen 2 like I said before.

Oh ok :)
I've read your long post about the Pokemon experience points. That's hardcore :P lol
I think I understand what you mean.

So you guys play SSB ???
Which game and which caracters :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 20:53:16

At 5/28/10 02:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
So you guys play SSB ???

Brawl. With Luigi. Always.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 06:15:20

Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to burrow it

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 06:44:57

At 5/28/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote: I think I should try those triple tech rocks as well next time. I haven't used them at all in my first run.
They are fucking hard to find... I'm telling you. You might want to use a walkthrough or some game FAQ to find them all.

I managed to find three of them. One in the black omen, one in the dark ages in one of those buildings, and I can't remember where I found the last one. But yeah, I have no idea where the other two could be, so I will have to use a walkthrough for them.

Yeah it seemed more like a fun multiplayer game to me. Just like Mariokart and SSB, it's fun with more players, but if you play it alone you'll probably get bored with it quickly.
I'm a huge SSBM player. Never really got into Brawl cause I don't have Wii and I am not planning on buying one. The first SSB was good, but not as good as Melee. Melee is fucking awesome and I'm a beast with Fox. I kick so much ass with that guy :P

I got SSB Melee for the Gamecube too :)

I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.

I thought Captain Falcon was the best character, since he had powerful attacks AND he was really fast.

Donatello? He is the one with the stick right?
Fuckin right :P

I'm guessing he has a long reach or something?

All the Pokemon games :) Although they really get complex after gen 2 like I said before.
Oh ok :)
I've read your long post about the Pokemon experience points. That's hardcore :P lol
I think I understand what you mean.

Yeah it's one of the most complicated RPGs out there I think, and that might be why it's suddenly getting so popular among older gamers.

So you guys play SSB ???

I already told you the Melee characters I used.

When playing Brawl I didn't use Link as much because he wasn't that good. I did use Ike often. Otherwise Pitt or Ganondorf, but sometimes I just picked randomly.

At 5/29/10 06:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to

burrow it

No I'm not playing it at the moment, but I might in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 08:23:24

At 5/28/10 08:53 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
So you guys play SSB ???
Brawl. With Luigi. Always.

I brawl too mainly with...Falco, Sonic and Kirby as by my name :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 08:24:42

I brawl too mainly with...Falco, Sonic and Kirby as by my name :)

Not my real name by the way just username,lol, imgaine being called KirbyX1000 for real life :D

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 15:57:10

At 5/29/10 06:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to burrow it

It's one of my favorite beat em' up games. It's really hard when you play it alone though :O

At 5/29/10 06:44 AM, Auz wrote:
I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.

Marth is over-powered and for some reason... when you hit your enemy with the tip of your sword, it inflincts more damage than if you hit him with the blade.

Fox is a beast :) As you said, you can get a lot of combos with him. He has great smash hits and I like is deflect shield :)

I thought Captain Falcon was the best character, since he had powerful attacks AND he was really fast.

He was :)
But I never really managed to do well with that caracter. Also... THE KNEE !!!

Yes :)
Which is kind of useful in Beat Em' Up games when there is 5 enemies around you :)

When playing Brawl I didn't use Link as much because he wasn't that good. I did use Ike often. Otherwise Pitt or Ganondorf, but sometimes I just picked randomly.

Link is weak in Brawl. But I like Ike and Fox is still very good :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-30 17:08:34

At 5/29/10 03:57 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/29/10 06:44 AM, Auz wrote: I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.
Marth is over-powered and for some reason... when you hit your enemy with the tip of your sword, it inflincts more damage than if you hit him with the blade.

Yes, with Roy it's the other way around. He is stronger with the blade than with the tip.

I'm not sure how he is over-powered though. He is fast, but he lacks a really good smash attack like most other characters have. Personally I'm much better with Roy, who is a bit slower but he hits much harder.

Fox is a beast :) As you said, you can get a lot of combos with him. He has great smash hits and I like is deflect shield :)

Yeah, but I have never bothered to master him. Usually he moves too fast for me, so I can hardly ever perform a decent combo with him.

He was :)
But I never really managed to do well with that caracter. Also... THE KNEE !!!

Oh I remember that vid. I did try it out once and it is not too hard to do actually. And I have never managed to do that well with Capt. Falcon either. As with Fox, I just never bothered to master him. There's just something about him that ... keeps me from picking him.

Yes :)
Which is kind of useful in Beat Em' Up games when there is 5 enemies around you :)

I guess so.

Link is weak in Brawl. But I like Ike and Fox is still very good :)

Yes, I thought Link was surprisingly weak. He can hit pretty hard, but he moves very slowly. I think anything Link can do, Ike can do better.

I also remember Sonic, who had this really cheap move that would always target someone automatically and you could spam it like crazy. I didn't like Sonic though, since his moves were all pretty much based on that spinning technique.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-30 17:17:00

At 5/30/10 05:08 PM, Auz wrote:
I'm not sure how he is over-powered though. He is fast, but he lacks a really good smash attack like most other characters have. Personally I'm much better with Roy, who is a bit slower but he hits much harder.

He can send you flying very easily, especially when he hits you with the tip of the sword. I was better with Marth than Roy.

Yeah, but I have never bothered to master him. Usually he moves too fast for me, so I can hardly ever perform a decent combo with him.

Haha! That's why I always kick everybody's ass with him :P
Except when I played in that hardcore tournament... I played against a few guys who were all doing that dash run move...

Oh I remember that vid. I did try it out once and it is not too hard to do actually. And I have never managed to do that well with Capt. Falcon either. As with Fox, I just never bothered to master him. There's just something about him that ... keeps me from picking him.

Sad face :(

Yes, I thought Link was surprisingly weak. He can hit pretty hard, but he moves very slowly. I think anything Link can do, Ike can do better.

That, and he also doesn't have very powerful smash hits.

I also remember Sonic, who had this really cheap move that would always target someone automatically and you could spam it like crazy. I didn't like Sonic though, since his moves were all pretty much based on that spinning technique.

Didn't play Brawl enough to really have an opinion on this... But I remember that all he did was spin attacks...

I'll post my SSBM stats later, just to do some stat whoring :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 01:18:33

I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

It's also the inspiration for the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game on the GBA.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 02:20:19

At 5/31/10 01:18 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

Yeah i've played it once as my cousin used to have it, it is was very good for the gameboy i think personally :D

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 12:32:13

You guys are talking about that game with barrels and ladders? I don't know these games at all, lol :P

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 16:25:10

Still struggling along in A Link to the Past here.

I'm currently in the first dungeon of the dark world. I'm a bit surprised that there are still 7 more dungeons to complete. I know most Zelda's have 8 dungeons, but this one has (at least) 10. That's good though, at least the game won't be short :)

At 5/30/10 05:17 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/30/10 05:08 PM, Auz wrote:
He can send you flying very easily, especially when he hits you with the tip of the sword. I was better with Marth than Roy.

True. Maybe I'm just used to Roy and am therefore worse with Marth.

Haha! That's why I always kick everybody's ass with him :P
Except when I played in that hardcore tournament... I played against a few guys who were all doing that dash run move...

Hardcore tournament? Heh I'm pretty sure I would get my ass kicked in such a tournament. I'm already having trouble beating level 9 computers :p

Sad face :(

Maybe it's the pink suit that you can select as an alternative color :p

That, and he also doesn't have very powerful smash hits.

Nope that's true. I remember he was much stronger in Melee.

Didn't play Brawl enough to really have an opinion on this... But I remember that all he did was spin attacks...

Yep, like I said all he can do is spin attacks. Makes him such a boring character.

I'll post my SSBM stats later, just to do some stat whoring :)

You mean the play-time and all that stuff? I erased my data a couple of times, so it's not so accurate, but I could post mine as well.

At 5/31/10 01:18 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

Oh yeah a cousin of mine had that game. I played it a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 00:58:51

At 5/31/10 04:25 PM, Auz wrote:
Oh yeah a cousin of mine had that game. I played it a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at it.

Some of the puzzles in the middle of the game get fiendishly hard. I've only gone through the game completely once. However, the game does allow you to visit any set of completed levels at any time, so that's nice.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 05:36:48

Damn I can't seem to get any further in the first dark dungeon of A Link To The Past.

There's this door where I need a small key for, but according to the map I have already visited all the rooms I could visit thus far and I didn't see a chest in any of them. There was one place where there was a ledge, but I can't reach it from anywhere... =/

At 6/1/10 12:58 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
Some of the puzzles in the middle of the game get fiendishly hard. I've only gone through the game completely once. However, the game does allow you to visit any set of completed levels at any time, so that's nice.

I agree with that. You didn't have any health whatsoever, did you? Like once you got hit by an enemy you were dead. I thought that was one of the toughest parts of the game. Dragging the key around while avoiding to get hit by any enemies.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 11:35:23

Hey what game are you talking about?

(Guy who posted above)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 11:44:59

At 6/1/10 11:35 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey what game are you talking about?

(Guy who posted above)

Oh I'm talking about The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past for the SNES (although I'm playing the Gameboy Advance version).

I managed to get through the first dungeon by the way, and I'm currently in level 2.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 16:04:00

Hardcore tournament? Heh I'm pretty sure I would get my ass kicked in such a tournament. I'm already having trouble beating level 9 computers :p

Made it somewhere in the last 8 guys or so...

But... Luigi has that two...

Yep, like I said all he can do is spin attacks. Makes him such a boring character.

Exactly what I thought...

At 6/1/10 11:44 AM, Auz wrote:
I managed to get through the first dungeon by the way, and I'm currently in level 2.

Hurray !!!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 16:24:12

Been addicted to PS3 lately, rented MAG and going to buy it.

But my brother got a thing for his DS where you can put downloaded Roms on it, put it in the DS and you can play them. Nintendo doesn't like it, they try to update around it and stuff, block it off apparently but he just got one and it's working. The game just says it's Danny Phantom and you can go in it and choose whatever game you want I guess? I don't know how it works exactly, but it's pretty rad.
So, due to that I am going to download a bunch of roms and play some dope ass games!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-02 13:16:50

At 6/1/10 04:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Made it somewhere in the last 8 guys or so...

Out of how many?

But... Luigi has that two...

Yeah, but he doesn't have a six-pack and a biker-suit :p

Exactly what I thought...

His smash attack is uber though. Overpowered if you ask me. It's just like Pikachu's, you will be invincible for a while and can fly around the screen, KO'ing everyone you hit. If you do it right, you can KO everyone twice and it's almost impossible to dodge.

At 6/1/10 11:44 AM, Auz wrote:
Hurray !!!

Still in level 2 though, and died there for about a million times thus far -.-'

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-02 17:01:26

At 6/2/10 01:16 PM, Auz wrote:
Out of how many?

30 or 40... Can't remember :P

That really doesn't have anything to do with anything...

His smash attack is uber though. Overpowered if you ask me. It's just like Pikachu's, you will be invincible for a while and can fly around the screen, KO'ing everyone you hit. If you do it right, you can KO everyone twice and it's almost impossible to dodge.

I didn't really play SSBB. I was more into SSBM and items were not really my type :P

That's the easy part of the game :P

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-03 13:45:54

At 6/2/10 05:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 6/2/10 01:16 PM, Auz wrote:
Out of how many?
30 or 40... Can't remember :P

That's pretty good. Was there any prize you could win? Like a huge pile of cash?

That really doesn't have anything to do with anything...

Muscled men in tight, pink suits... common, think about it... :p

I didn't really play SSBB. I was more into SSBM and items were not really my type :P

Well I would definitely play with smash balls in SSBB, because it's a lot more fun. With most characters at least.

In Melee I usually played with Pokeballs only, sometimes baseball-bats and bob-ombs along with it. I think those were the most fun items.

That's the easy part of the game :P

Yeah I suppose the levels will only get harder as I progress.

I really do wish there was something that enabled you to go back to a certain room in a dungeon. Like Farore's Wind in Ocarina of Time. It's kind of annoying to have to walk through the entire dungeon all the time to get back where I was. Sometimes I die again when I'm not even there yet =/

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-03 14:28:40

Oh i haven't played that game, heard its good though, is it?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-03 15:37:08

At 6/3/10 02:28 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Oh i haven't played that game, heard its good though, is it?

So far I think it is pretty good, but I gotta warn you that it is much more difficult than the 3D Zelda's. I also played Oracle of Ages before, but that game is nowhere near as difficult as A Link To The Past. So you will die lots of times and will have to start over lots of times, but other than that it's good :)

Making my way to the third level right now by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-04 02:16:16

Yeah i have played that one before, completed it in less than a week i believe,lol, anyway what consoles can you get that game on again, i have: PS2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and a Gameboy Advance SP...oh and of course a PC,lol

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-04 07:05:45

I always liked the 3D Zeldas better then any of the 2D ones. Theres no question that Ocarina of Time was a brilliant game but I also enjoyed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Even if it did take me a while to get my head around the more cartoony graphics of Wind Waker. Haven't played any of the Zeldas on the Wii, mainly because I refuse to play on one, I know this is the Nintendo Club but I simply don't like the Wii. I hope that Nintendo drop the whole motion sensor thing and make a simple "old fasioned" console like the N64 or the Gamecube.

A picture from the instruction booklet of Ocarina of Time. O' the memories.

The Nintendo Club

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-04 07:23:05

At 6/4/10 02:16 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Yeah i have played that one before, completed it in less than a week i believe,lol, anyway what consoles can you get that game on again, i have: PS2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and a Gameboy Advance SP...oh and of course a PC,lol

It was originally for the SNES, but they released a version for the Gameboy Advance which also had Four Swords Adventures. FSA is unplayable if you don't have a link cable though =/

I think it was also released on the Wii. On the Virtual Console? Not sure how that works, but I know it was available for the Wii.

At 6/4/10 07:05 AM, Decky1991 wrote: I always liked the 3D Zeldas better then any of the 2D ones. Theres no question that Ocarina of Time was a brilliant game but I also enjoyed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Even if it did take me a while to get my head around the more cartoony graphics of Wind Waker.

Yeah the cartoon graphics took some time to get used to. I also think WW was really easy when it came to puzzles.

Haven't played any of the Zeldas on the Wii

I think Twilight Princess was a good game. Didn't enjoy it as much as OoT and MM, but it is definitely a good Zelda game. It's also available for the Gamecube by the way and I personally thought that game played better with an ordinary controller than with the motion sensor thing. So try to get it on the Gamecube ;)

mainly because I refuse to play on one, I know this is the Nintendo Club but I simply don't like the Wii. I hope that Nintendo drop the whole motion sensor thing and make a simple "old fasioned" console like the N64 or the Gamecube.

Hmm that would be taking a step backwards. I personally liked the idea and it is quite fun in games like Wii Sports. For most other games it still felt like I was holding an ordinary controller though, but the motion sensor thing didn't bother me at least.

Anyway, I hope they will continue with developing new technologies like that until they go to virtual reality :)

BBS Signature