Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-27 09:44:51 Reply

At 5/26/10 06:06 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/26/10 12:32 PM, Auz wrote: I've beaten the first dungeon, but my God that game is hard. It's not even fair. I only got five hearts of health at the moment and I've met these crabs that do TWO HEARTS of damage every time they touch you. A lot of other regular enemies do at least one heart of damage as well when you merely touch them and on every screen you got like at least three of them walking around.
Haha! I know, this game just isn't fair! But I really think it's worth it. Surely not as good as Chrono Trigger, but that's just my opinion :)

Things are going better now, now that I got 7 hearts and a bug catching net to catch fairies.

No I just went to the Black Omen and went to Lavos right after the battle with Queen Zael. I didn't think about going to Lavos with the ship, because I thought it wouldn't have made any difference.
I didn't remember that you were sent to Lavos right after the fight with Zeal. I also didn't remember that when you fight the last boss of the Black Omen with Magus, that the theme used for the fight would be Magus one.

Yeah the Black Omen sort of vanishes and then you get thrown into the battle right away. I didn't know about the Magus theme, I didn't have Magus in my party like I said before. I had Chrono, Ayla and Frog with me.

Well it's just a matter of experience I think. I've played numerous other RPGs before Chrono Trigger, so by now I can usually figure out what I gotta do. If I had played it when I was 12 I would've probably had the same trouble with it as you did back then. My English wasn't nearly as good as it is now either.
You probably are better than me then... Cause I still make dumb mistakes while playing these games. I almost died fighting Flea, Slasher and Ozzy because I would always use techs that hit every enemy... So I got owned by the triple techs conter-attacks :P

Well it kinda sucks if you selected three techs already and then you find out that they counter with that. I think something like that happened to me as well with some other boss; I didn't know he countered physical attacks or something, so I just quickly selected a normal attack for all three of my characters. Then my entire party got hit three times by some counter attack =/

Anyway I think the difficulty of a lot of games depends highly on gaming experience actually. Recently I was playing some new game with my girlfriend and we encountered a boss and I was like: "Oh you gotta do this and this to hurt him!" and my girlfriend was like: "How the hell did you figure that out? 0.o". Also when me and my friends are playing some games on the Wii you can clearly see that the ones who used to game a lot are way better at it than those who never even owned a console :p
Haha! I own people on games I never ever played :P
I was playing Mario Striker with my cousins this weekend and I destroyed most of them on most of the matches I've played :P

Isn't that the soccer game with Mario for the Wii? I remember me and some friends were considering buying that game, but we didn't in the end. It looked fun to me though.

When you play a lot of different video games you usually learn a few "basic rules" of video gaming and what should be happenning :)

Exactly :)

Oh yes Earthbound is another game I gotta play someday. I just hope I can find an English version, because that game was only released in Japan right?
I own the game on SNES, in English. The other games from the serie were only released in Japan though. Earthbound is in fact... the third game of the serie. Earthbound = Mother 3

It was a very good game :)

Oh alright. Yes I often hear positive comments about it in the video games forum, so I think I really gotta check it out someday.

Turtles in Time I have never heard anything about.
Good arcade beat em' up game :)

Oh alright. I don't play those types of games often, but I might check it out in the future then.

At 5/26/10 06:08 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/26/10 02:25 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Cool i like Zelda, i like super smash bros brawl with a mixture of everythin including sonic characters, pokemon,zelda, mario and loads of other cool nintendi characters :D

Oh and count me in the club :)
Welcome :)

Reading this post I realise that I'm pretty much the only guy in here that never really was into Pokemon games. Why are these games so popular?

Well probably because it's a very good and very complex RPG game :)

Complex mostly after the second gen games when they introduced nature's and changed the IV's and EV's system.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-27 14:04:14 Reply

I used to play pokemon...like 5 - 6 years ago but now...not so much that is what my little brother does, i am more into stuff like mario,zelda and even snake, he's cool :)

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-27 15:52:52 Reply

At 5/27/10 09:44 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah the Black Omen sort of vanishes and then you get thrown into the battle right away. I didn't know about the Magus theme, I didn't have Magus in my party like I said before. I had Chrono, Ayla and Frog with me.

Crono and Frog... of course...
Why would you not want to have these guys in your team when you play the game for the first time. As for the third party member, Ayla or Magus are both awesome caracters and I can understand why you would choose Ayla over Magus. She has very good physical damage, good physical tech attacks (like Crono with Confuse) and her double techs are kick ass :) Magus is still very helpful as he can use lightning, fire, ice and shadow. You will like to play with Magus again, just to get the awesome feeling of pwning someone with Dark Matter !!!

Well it kinda sucks if you selected three techs already and then you find out that they counter with that. I think something like that happened to me as well with some other boss; I didn't know he countered physical attacks or something, so I just quickly selected a normal attack for all three of my characters. Then my entire party got hit three times by some counter attack =/

Yup. From this point in the game I stopped selecting all my attacks right at the beginning and took my time a little more :P

Isn't that the soccer game with Mario for the Wii? I remember me and some friends were considering buying that game, but we didn't in the end. It looked fun to me though.

It's a fun little game. You really should get it only if you can buy it for less then 30 bucks. It's a good little game, but you won't be playing it forever.

Oh alright. I don't play those types of games often, but I might check it out in the future then.

I suggest using Donny :P

Which one?

Complex mostly after the second gen games when they introduced nature's and changed the IV's and EV's system.

I didn't get that part :P

KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 01:25:10 Reply

Hey does anyone play COD 6 or modern warfare 2 on the PC?

KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 01:27:14 Reply

Acturally forget that, it isn't nitendo does anyone play mario kart wii?

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 10:29:57 Reply

At 5/27/10 03:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/27/10 09:44 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah the Black Omen sort of vanishes and then you get thrown into the battle right away. I didn't know about the Magus theme, I didn't have Magus in my party like I said before. I had Chrono, Ayla and Frog with me.
Crono and Frog... of course...
Why would you not want to have these guys in your team when you play the game for the first time. As for the third party member, Ayla or Magus are both awesome caracters and I can understand why you would choose Ayla over Magus. She has very good physical damage, good physical tech attacks (like Crono with Confuse) and her double techs are kick ass :) Magus is still very helpful as he can use lightning, fire, ice and shadow. You will like to play with Magus again, just to get the awesome feeling of pwning someone with Dark Matter !!!

Yeah like I said before, statwise Ayla was probably the best character I had. Except for Magic and Magic Defense, she had most people covered in all the other stats. Also, Falcon Hit is a great attack against bosses with multiple parts. They always line up horizontally so you can always hit all of them in one attack.

Next time I might try a different party though. I think I should've used Magus more (he only had 4 techs learned), and I think I'll try Robo as well. For the third member maybe... Marle or Lucca but I might stick to Crono as well.

I think I should try those triple tech rocks as well next time. I haven't used them at all in my first run.

Yup. From this point in the game I stopped selecting all my attacks right at the beginning and took my time a little more :P

Yeah eventually I decided to first have one character attack and wait with the other two. Just to play it safe.

It's a fun little game. You really should get it only if you can buy it for less then 30 bucks. It's a good little game, but you won't be playing it forever.

Yeah it seemed more like a fun multiplayer game to me. Just like Mariokart and SSB, it's fun with more players, but if you play it alone you'll probably get bored with it quickly.

I suggest using Donny :P

Donatello? He is the one with the stick right?

Which one?

All the Pokemon games :) Although they really get complex after gen 2 like I said before.

I didn't get that part :P

Well you know how the first two generation games work right? You just level them up and eventually they will evolve and their stats will grow etc.. Pretty standard for an RPG.

Natures, EVs and IVs have a big influence on the stat growth though. Pokemon can have all kinds of natures and a nature will boost one stat for +20%, but will bring another down for -20%. This can be very beneficial, but also very hindering. If you're training an Alakazam for example, he is a psychic Pokemon who mostly relies on Special Attack. So it's good to have a +20% bonus in that area and preferably a -20% in Attack (because he doesn't have any physical attacks anyway). A bonus in Speed, Special Defense, Defense or HP can be good too, but it kinda depends on how you want to use him and what attacks you teach him.

IVs are set and they will automatically boost a Pokemon stats. These differ for every Pokemon individually, so two Rattatas of the same level don't have to be equally strong. Of course it's best to have max IV's in all stats, but you gotta be very lucky to get a Pokemon like that. You can do some stuff with breeding, but I'm not sure how that works.

EVs are effort values and you can get them by defeating other Pokemon. For every Pokemon you get different EVs, like 1 Speed EV for a Rattata. You can only get 256 EVs per stat and 512 in total I thought. So you can max out two stats if you like, or you can divide them.

Personally I couldn't care much for all this anymore when I was playing Sapphire, because it takes way too much time and effort to get a perfect Pokemon. In generation 1 and 2 it was much easier since you didn't have natures yet and you could max out the EVs for every stat. I preferred that system much more to be honest. You don't really need to go for perfect Pokemon anyway unless you're gonna play against other people online.

At 5/28/10 01:27 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Acturally forget that, it isn't nitendo does anyone play mario kart wii?

Heh no I don't have the other two. A friend of mine has Mario Kart Wii though, so I play that game from time to time. I gotta say that it is fun for about an hour straight, but after that I usually get bored and put it away.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 11:04:39 Reply

At 5/28/10 01:27 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Acturally forget that, it isn't nitendo does anyone play mario kart wii?

I use to, but i got bored when i unlocked everything and online was just boring in the last days i played it..do you have any other online games ?

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 11:29:15 Reply

By the way I'm still playing A Link to the Past and finished the second and third dungeon and got the Master Sword.

I just faced the wizard for the first time, but I lost. You know what's annoying the crap out of me? Every time I die in a dungeon I have to start all the way from the beginning of the dungeon again. I had to go through five floors with about four rooms filled with enemies each in Hyrule Castle and then I lost to the wizard and had to go through all those rooms again. FFFFFFF... >=|

For the rest I am enjoying the game though.

BBS Signature
KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 12:33:26 Reply

I also play super smash bros brawl and several others but most of them are either rubbish in wifi or the connection won't for some reason recently...

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 14:38:43 Reply

At 5/28/10 12:33 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: I also play super smash bros brawl and several others but most of them are either rubbish in wifi or the connection won't for some reason recently...

Well, i only have MKWii, Quantum of Solace and The Conduit, basicly playing The Conduit only for now

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 14:55:29 Reply

At 5/28/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote:
I think I should try those triple tech rocks as well next time. I haven't used them at all in my first run.

They are fucking hard to find... I'm telling you. You might want to use a walkthrough or some game FAQ to find them all.

Yeah eventually I decided to first have one character attack and wait with the other two. Just to play it safe.

Same here :)

Yeah it seemed more like a fun multiplayer game to me. Just like Mariokart and SSB, it's fun with more players, but if you play it alone you'll probably get bored with it quickly.

I'm a huge SSBM player. Never really got into Brawl cause I don't have Wii and I am not planning on buying one. The first SSB was good, but not as good as Melee. Melee is fucking awesome and I'm a beast with Fox. I kick so much ass with that guy :P

Fuckin right :P

All the Pokemon games :) Although they really get complex after gen 2 like I said before.

Oh ok :)
I've read your long post about the Pokemon experience points. That's hardcore :P lol
I think I understand what you mean.

So you guys play SSB ???
Which game and which caracters :)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-28 20:53:16 Reply

At 5/28/10 02:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
So you guys play SSB ???

Brawl. With Luigi. Always.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 06:15:20 Reply

Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to burrow it

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 06:44:57 Reply

At 5/28/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote: I think I should try those triple tech rocks as well next time. I haven't used them at all in my first run.
They are fucking hard to find... I'm telling you. You might want to use a walkthrough or some game FAQ to find them all.

I managed to find three of them. One in the black omen, one in the dark ages in one of those buildings, and I can't remember where I found the last one. But yeah, I have no idea where the other two could be, so I will have to use a walkthrough for them.

I'm a huge SSBM player. Never really got into Brawl cause I don't have Wii and I am not planning on buying one. The first SSB was good, but not as good as Melee. Melee is fucking awesome and I'm a beast with Fox. I kick so much ass with that guy :P

I got SSB Melee for the Gamecube too :)

I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.

I thought Captain Falcon was the best character, since he had powerful attacks AND he was really fast.

Fuckin right :P

I'm guessing he has a long reach or something?

Oh ok :)
I've read your long post about the Pokemon experience points. That's hardcore :P lol
I think I understand what you mean.

Yeah it's one of the most complicated RPGs out there I think, and that might be why it's suddenly getting so popular among older gamers.

So you guys play SSB ???

I already told you the Melee characters I used.

When playing Brawl I didn't use Link as much because he wasn't that good. I did use Ike often. Otherwise Pitt or Ganondorf, but sometimes I just picked randomly.

At 5/29/10 06:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to

burrow it

No I'm not playing it at the moment, but I might in the future.

BBS Signature
KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 08:23:24 Reply

At 5/28/10 08:53 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
So you guys play SSB ???
Brawl. With Luigi. Always.

I brawl too mainly with...Falco, Sonic and Kirby as by my name :)

KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 08:24:42 Reply

I brawl too mainly with...Falco, Sonic and Kirby as by my name :)

Not my real name by the way just username,lol, imgaine being called KirbyX1000 for real life :D

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-29 15:57:10 Reply

At 5/29/10 06:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Did i notice that you guys are playing the turtles that was for SNES ? I played it and damn i loved it, too bad that i barely remember anything, hmm, i think my cousin still has that , i have to ask him to burrow it

It's one of my favorite beat em' up games. It's really hard when you play it alone though :O

At 5/29/10 06:44 AM, Auz wrote:
I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.

Marth is over-powered and for some reason... when you hit your enemy with the tip of your sword, it inflincts more damage than if you hit him with the blade.

Fox is a beast :) As you said, you can get a lot of combos with him. He has great smash hits and I like is deflect shield :)

I thought Captain Falcon was the best character, since he had powerful attacks AND he was really fast.

He was :)
But I never really managed to do well with that caracter. Also... THE KNEE !!!

Yes :)
Which is kind of useful in Beat Em' Up games when there is 5 enemies around you :)

When playing Brawl I didn't use Link as much because he wasn't that good. I did use Ike often. Otherwise Pitt or Ganondorf, but sometimes I just picked randomly.

Link is weak in Brawl. But I like Ike and Fox is still very good :)

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-30 17:08:34 Reply

At 5/29/10 03:57 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/29/10 06:44 AM, Auz wrote: I mostly played with Link. Roy, Marth, Young Link and Mewtwo. They're not the best characters, but I just liked them most. I can see why you like Fox though, he is a very quick attacker so you can do some nice combo's with him.
Marth is over-powered and for some reason... when you hit your enemy with the tip of your sword, it inflincts more damage than if you hit him with the blade.

Yes, with Roy it's the other way around. He is stronger with the blade than with the tip.

I'm not sure how he is over-powered though. He is fast, but he lacks a really good smash attack like most other characters have. Personally I'm much better with Roy, who is a bit slower but he hits much harder.

Fox is a beast :) As you said, you can get a lot of combos with him. He has great smash hits and I like is deflect shield :)

Yeah, but I have never bothered to master him. Usually he moves too fast for me, so I can hardly ever perform a decent combo with him.

He was :)
But I never really managed to do well with that caracter. Also... THE KNEE !!!

Oh I remember that vid. I did try it out once and it is not too hard to do actually. And I have never managed to do that well with Capt. Falcon either. As with Fox, I just never bothered to master him. There's just something about him that ... keeps me from picking him.

Yes :)
Which is kind of useful in Beat Em' Up games when there is 5 enemies around you :)

I guess so.

Link is weak in Brawl. But I like Ike and Fox is still very good :)

Yes, I thought Link was surprisingly weak. He can hit pretty hard, but he moves very slowly. I think anything Link can do, Ike can do better.

I also remember Sonic, who had this really cheap move that would always target someone automatically and you could spam it like crazy. I didn't like Sonic though, since his moves were all pretty much based on that spinning technique.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-30 17:17:00 Reply

At 5/30/10 05:08 PM, Auz wrote:
I'm not sure how he is over-powered though. He is fast, but he lacks a really good smash attack like most other characters have. Personally I'm much better with Roy, who is a bit slower but he hits much harder.

He can send you flying very easily, especially when he hits you with the tip of the sword. I was better with Marth than Roy.

Yeah, but I have never bothered to master him. Usually he moves too fast for me, so I can hardly ever perform a decent combo with him.

Haha! That's why I always kick everybody's ass with him :P
Except when I played in that hardcore tournament... I played against a few guys who were all doing that dash run move...

Oh I remember that vid. I did try it out once and it is not too hard to do actually. And I have never managed to do that well with Capt. Falcon either. As with Fox, I just never bothered to master him. There's just something about him that ... keeps me from picking him.

Sad face :(

Yes, I thought Link was surprisingly weak. He can hit pretty hard, but he moves very slowly. I think anything Link can do, Ike can do better.

That, and he also doesn't have very powerful smash hits.

I also remember Sonic, who had this really cheap move that would always target someone automatically and you could spam it like crazy. I didn't like Sonic though, since his moves were all pretty much based on that spinning technique.

Didn't play Brawl enough to really have an opinion on this... But I remember that all he did was spin attacks...

I'll post my SSBM stats later, just to do some stat whoring :)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 01:18:33 Reply

I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

It's also the inspiration for the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game on the GBA.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 02:20:19 Reply

At 5/31/10 01:18 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

Yeah i've played it once as my cousin used to have it, it is was very good for the gameboy i think personally :D

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 12:32:13 Reply

You guys are talking about that game with barrels and ladders? I don't know these games at all, lol :P

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-05-31 16:25:10 Reply

Still struggling along in A Link to the Past here.

I'm currently in the first dungeon of the dark world. I'm a bit surprised that there are still 7 more dungeons to complete. I know most Zelda's have 8 dungeons, but this one has (at least) 10. That's good though, at least the game won't be short :)

At 5/30/10 05:17 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/30/10 05:08 PM, Auz wrote:
He can send you flying very easily, especially when he hits you with the tip of the sword. I was better with Marth than Roy.

True. Maybe I'm just used to Roy and am therefore worse with Marth.

Haha! That's why I always kick everybody's ass with him :P
Except when I played in that hardcore tournament... I played against a few guys who were all doing that dash run move...

Hardcore tournament? Heh I'm pretty sure I would get my ass kicked in such a tournament. I'm already having trouble beating level 9 computers :p

Sad face :(

Maybe it's the pink suit that you can select as an alternative color :p

That, and he also doesn't have very powerful smash hits.

Nope that's true. I remember he was much stronger in Melee.

Didn't play Brawl enough to really have an opinion on this... But I remember that all he did was spin attacks...

Yep, like I said all he can do is spin attacks. Makes him such a boring character.

I'll post my SSBM stats later, just to do some stat whoring :)

You mean the play-time and all that stuff? I erased my data a couple of times, so it's not so accurate, but I could post mine as well.

At 5/31/10 01:18 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I recently got back into the 1994 Donkey Kong game for the Gameboy. Have any of you guys played it? It's really fun, seeing as you make Mario back flip and do handstands at will.

Oh yeah a cousin of mine had that game. I played it a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at it.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 00:58:51 Reply

At 5/31/10 04:25 PM, Auz wrote:
Oh yeah a cousin of mine had that game. I played it a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at it.

Some of the puzzles in the middle of the game get fiendishly hard. I've only gone through the game completely once. However, the game does allow you to visit any set of completed levels at any time, so that's nice.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 05:36:48 Reply

Damn I can't seem to get any further in the first dark dungeon of A Link To The Past.

There's this door where I need a small key for, but according to the map I have already visited all the rooms I could visit thus far and I didn't see a chest in any of them. There was one place where there was a ledge, but I can't reach it from anywhere... =/

At 6/1/10 12:58 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
Some of the puzzles in the middle of the game get fiendishly hard. I've only gone through the game completely once. However, the game does allow you to visit any set of completed levels at any time, so that's nice.

I agree with that. You didn't have any health whatsoever, did you? Like once you got hit by an enemy you were dead. I thought that was one of the toughest parts of the game. Dragging the key around while avoiding to get hit by any enemies.

BBS Signature
KirbyX1000
KirbyX1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 11:35:23 Reply

Hey what game are you talking about?

(Guy who posted above)

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 11:44:59 Reply

At 6/1/10 11:35 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey what game are you talking about?

(Guy who posted above)

Oh I'm talking about The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past for the SNES (although I'm playing the Gameboy Advance version).

I managed to get through the first dungeon by the way, and I'm currently in level 2.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 16:04:00 Reply

Hardcore tournament? Heh I'm pretty sure I would get my ass kicked in such a tournament. I'm already having trouble beating level 9 computers :p

Made it somewhere in the last 8 guys or so...

But... Luigi has that two...

Yep, like I said all he can do is spin attacks. Makes him such a boring character.

Exactly what I thought...

At 6/1/10 11:44 AM, Auz wrote:
I managed to get through the first dungeon by the way, and I'm currently in level 2.

Hurray !!!

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-01 16:24:12 Reply

Been addicted to PS3 lately, rented MAG and going to buy it.

But my brother got a thing for his DS where you can put downloaded Roms on it, put it in the DS and you can play them. Nintendo doesn't like it, they try to update around it and stuff, block it off apparently but he just got one and it's working. The game just says it's Danny Phantom and you can go in it and choose whatever game you want I guess? I don't know how it works exactly, but it's pretty rad.
So, due to that I am going to download a bunch of roms and play some dope ass games!

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-02 13:16:50 Reply

At 6/1/10 04:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Made it somewhere in the last 8 guys or so...

Out of how many?

But... Luigi has that two...

Yeah, but he doesn't have a six-pack and a biker-suit :p

Exactly what I thought...

His smash attack is uber though. Overpowered if you ask me. It's just like Pikachu's, you will be invincible for a while and can fly around the screen, KO'ing everyone you hit. If you do it right, you can KO everyone twice and it's almost impossible to dodge.

At 6/1/10 11:44 AM, Auz wrote:
Hurray !!!

Still in level 2 though, and died there for about a million times thus far -.-'

BBS Signature