00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PetrifiedPancake just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal Patrol

69,388 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-15 03:29:36

At 1/14/10 06:35 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: It's tossing the responsibility on to YOU! ...too much to handle? :P

Having the responsibility is not the problem, having mods unscouting people for stupid reasons is...

Unfortunately, it's the way the system currently works. Only the person that gets pruned gets notified. None of their scouts do. Not sure if that's something they plan on changing or not.

I hope they do :(

Before the reset, I was unscouted because the person that scouted me was cut. We didn't have the option to accept or decline back then so I had no choice in any of it. Now we do! It's all up to the individual user to decide their fate. If you misuse it, or ignore it because you're so eager to be accepted, then that's on you, not

the mods.

....so, lemme get this straight: only someone who is already on the art portal can scout you.
You can view his art, and, depending on that, you can accept or decline the invitation.
If, however, he gets unscouted for any reason, you get unscouted too...did l get it right?

Instead of getting upset and looking to blame, why not work on creating 'new and improved' pieces. You can have up to 20 while unscouted. The more skill and talent you show, the better your chances of being scouted by someone more solidly rooted.

The only one l'm blaming here is the anonymous mod who unscouted him, but l guess l'll try to make some more stuff to get re-re-re scouted...

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-15 04:12:33

At 1/15/10 03:29 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Having the responsibility is not the problem, having mods unscouting people for stupid reasons is...

I doubt it was a stupid reason, but the mods are human. well except for maybe mindchamber

....so, lemme get this straight: only someone who is already on the art portal can scout you.
You can view his art, and, depending on that, you can accept or decline the invitation.
If, however, he gets unscouted for any reason, you get unscouted too...did l get it right?

Yeah that is pretty close, but lets also not forget that there are times when one of the other people he scouted fucked up so bad that it caused the pruning to climb up the tree a little ways.

The only one l'm blaming here is the anonymous mod who unscouted him, but l guess l'll try to make some more stuff to get re-re-re scouted...

Well who was your scout? if his scouting was truly unjust then I'm sure a easy remedy can be brewed up.
But to be honest, even though the mods are are tough, which I like btw, they are quite fair.

But lets digress, this is not really the place to discuss this. if you are not going to tell us who your scout was, then please take the conversation to your blog or PMs

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-15 06:51:44

At 1/15/10 12:14 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Hrmm, something just doesn't sit right with me about this guy.
His 3D stuff is decent, but his 2D art looks like something from a 13 year old just getting his hands on photoshop.

oh for a second i thought you were taking about this
13 year old boy

well this guy is good so far!

Emphasis are great!

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-15 06:53:12

maybe its just me.....

Emphasis are great!

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-15 19:05:14

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 01:19:30

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 01:45:21

At 1/16/10 01:19 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It's amazing what get's scouted these days.

Ok? How does someone who uses MS Paint suddenly get scouted? Maybe if he did something that was actually art and not just doodles from a comic.
Shit like that just pisses me off.

|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|

PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 02:20:08

At 1/14/10 03:29 AM, HeavyTank wrote:

That's weird because I think you are pretty good at art! You are one of my favorites really but I dont know why THAT happened at all!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 07:42:12

At 1/15/10 04:12 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I doubt it was a stupid reason, but the mods are human. well except for maybe mindchamber

lol

Yeah that is pretty close, but lets also not forget that there are times when one of the other people he scouted fucked up so bad that it caused the pruning to climb up the tree a little ways.

I see...

But lets digress, this is not really the place to discuss this. if you are not going to tell us who your scout was, then please take the conversation to your blog or PMs

Here you go.
You'll say: "but his art sucks!".
Well, first of all, the art is not as bad as it looks, at least in the thumbnails...he's not the beast of the best, but there are worse artists around.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 12:50:24

At 1/16/10 07:42 AM, HeavyTank wrote: You'll say: "but his art sucks!".

It doesn't suck, but it is by no standards any good. And as a general rule we tend to keep MSpaint out of the portal. There are only maybe 1 or 2 artist that draw with MSpaint (not counting pixel art, paint actually works for that). Usually we let them stay in the portal because they're art is hilarious, not because of artistic challenge.

In the future don't let yourself get scouted by someone who uses MSpaint for anything other than pixel art, chances are they're going to get booted.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 12:53:08

I have a question, and it relates to the whistle reset crap that's recently happened:

Have you had your whistle reset, and have you recently flagged an art review?

I'm guessing the whistle resets were applied to people who were involved in reporting art reviews, and the fact that almost everyone on the last few pages of this thread now has a normal whistle makes for compelling (if circumstantial) evidence.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-16 18:12:18

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-17 01:32:59

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-17 06:08:02

I haven't reported in the APP for a while now. Tonight, for some reason I felt like busting baddies.
Here is what I was able to find after an hour or so of patrolling:

I flagged Flippyroxx. The only image in her gallery, EMO ROSE, racked up 1030 tineye hits, new record?

I flagged Yang3497. In his gallery has a stolen work Smoke Loves to Tease. Tineye led me to Rule 34, the artist who drew it is screeen-named AnHero.

TheSpammer is not breaking any rules, but it does wound my soul to think that these "artworks" are "Portal worthy".

I would keep an eye on Senseidave37, first look at this and now look at this, you tell me there inst something fishy.

I flagged TailsDoll656, if your going to steal something, then steal something original Weegee. I also wold not be suprised if these Sprites were stolen as well, Mario and Eevee.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-17 07:47:43

At 1/16/10 12:53 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I have a question, and it relates to the whistle reset crap that's recently happened:

I'm guessing the whistle resets were applied to people who were involved in reporting art reviews, and the fact that almost everyone on the last few pages of this thread now has a normal whistle makes for compelling (if circumstantial) evidence.

:o
So, if I report an art review I may get my whistle reset..that's...AWESOME!
I can finally get my whistle back to normal :D

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-17 13:01:43

At 1/17/10 07:47 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 1/16/10 12:53 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I have a question, and it relates to the whistle reset crap that's recently happened:

o
So, if I report an art review I may get my whistle reset..that's...AWESOME!
I can finally get my whistle back to normal :D

First of all, what Sheizenhammer said is just a theory, so you aren't guaranteed to have your whistle reset just by flagging an art review (besides, we don't know if this will keep happening). Besides, I'm quite sure that taking advantage on a bug in the system like this is pretty much a bannable offense :P

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-17 18:21:24

At 1/17/10 01:01 PM, Ismael92 wrote: First of all, what Sheizenhammer said is just a theory, so you aren't guaranteed to have your whistle reset just by flagging an art review (besides, we don't know if this will keep happening). Besides, I'm quite sure that taking advantage on a bug in the system like this is pretty much a bannable offense :P

And I'm quite sure it isn't, because I am supposed to be flagging abusive reviews to keep them away from the site (of course I won't go flagging every single review out there-only the abusive ones), so I am helping...if my whistle status got messed up, it aint my fault :P

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-18 12:05:21

At 1/17/10 06:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote: And I'm quite sure it isn't, because I am supposed to be flagging abusive reviews to keep them away from the site (of course I won't go flagging every single review out there-only the abusive ones), so I am helping...if my whistle status got messed up, it aint my fault :P

Taking advantage of a bug in the system like this one isnt bannable, its stupid. NG has a tendency to fix its problems, and most of the time account stuff lost is account stuff regained later. Meaning chances are most people who lost their whistles will get them back once the bug is fixed.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-18 16:06:37

At 1/18/10 12:05 PM, ornery wrote: Taking advantage of a bug in the system like this one isnt bannable, its stupid. NG has a tendency to fix its problems, and most of the time account stuff lost is account stuff regained later. Meaning chances are most people who lost their whistles will get them back once the bug is fixed.

Yeah, you're probably right....
Oh well.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-18 21:03:30

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 02:26:31

At 1/18/10 09:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Mreh?

I don't understand the problem with this user, unless it has already been taken care of by another mod. Which I wouldn't know if it has or not because you didn't say what was wrong.

Don't leave posts like this in the future, if you want to point a problem out to us than please actually tell us what the problem is.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 11:25:23

At 1/19/10 02:26 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: I don't understand the problem with this user, unless it has already been taken care of by another mod. Which I wouldn't know if it has or not because you didn't say what was wrong.
Don't leave posts like this in the future, if you want to point a problem out to us than please actually tell us what the problem is.

It was already taken care of. Usually I'll leave a post saying my thoughts on the works of the user. The "mreh" was "I don't this this stuff is that great", but it's up to you art portal mods' discretion whether to actually decide or not.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 11:38:10

At 1/19/10 02:26 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: I don't understand the problem with this user, unless it has already been taken care of by another mod. Which I wouldn't know if it has or not because you didn't say what was wrong.

Because we dont have our super secret mod history tools ya knob jockey

shit did I say that outloud.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 13:09:24

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 13:29:32

At 1/19/10 11:38 AM, ornery wrote: Because we dont have our super secret mod history tools ya knob jockey

But thaat's sooo much more effort to go into my bookmarks and open the [CENSORED] and figure out what was wrong.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-19 16:28:36

At 1/19/10 01:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: But thaat's sooo much more effort to go into my bookmarks and open the [CENSORED] and figure out what was wrong.

Alright Ben, I'm gonna start leaving a brief description when I link people's art.
Just for you, cause I like ya :D

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-20 23:56:09

It appears as though she was rescouted.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-21 11:02:35

At 1/19/10 01:09 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Stickmen... lots and lots of stickmen

And he got rescouted as well.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-23 18:22:17

At 1/20/10 11:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
It appears as though she was rescouted.

And, of course, Kosuk rescouted her again.

At 1/21/10 11:02 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/19/10 01:09 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Stickmen... lots and lots of stickmen
And he got rescouted as well.

He's been rescouted as well, but most of the stickmen are gone, so it's your call.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-01-23 22:22:49

damn this sucks.
in about a week and a half my Whistle goes from silver to garbage?
damn, and I haven't even been on that much lately.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature