00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal Patrol

69,463 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 07:18:06

you know, I still check up on the people I have caught stealing art in the past, and you know, it's worth it most of the time.
Bakuganstar3 has posted another stolen piece.
Tineye got 10 hits, but it's more than enough for me to call this one in.
here is the art in question
I know that much of the time I seem a little harsh but I really feel double offenders should get perm bans from the portal. Honestly, can't even click the submit button with getting a big slap on the face saying, "Bitch! we don't like art thieves around here!"

to bad I'm banned from her profile or I'd heckle her some :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 08:42:02

At 2/8/10 07:18 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Bakuganstar3 has posted another stolen piece.
Tineye got 10 hits, but it's more than enough for me to call this one in.
here is the art in question

Unless this is her DA account, that piece is stolen.

At 2/7/10 11:44 PM, damien105 wrote: gee maybe that means that the newgrounds userbase actually likes his art and thinks its scout worthy

Or maybe people are too lenient and scout crap.
Or maybe people pity shitty artists and think "Oh, they may not be good now, but they have potential to improve."
Well too bad, this isn't DeviantArt where shit gets praised. This is Newgrounds, and if your artwork blows, you shouldn't be scouted.

I've had more than my fair share of experience in this field.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 18:42:57

At 2/8/10 08:42 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: This is Newgrounds, and if your artwork blows, you shouldn't be scouted.

This..... yes this..... is truth....

I've had more than my fair share of experience in this field.

sadly you have had it worse than others at times.....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 18:57:01

Hrmm, a few more shoddy artists that I believe don't deserve to be scouted.

1) This guy just traced guns... lots and lots of traced guns.

2) Some shitty reproduction pieces by this guy. Notably Frieza (original) and EVA 01 (original).

3) A few filter raped pieces by this kid. These would be Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Dr. Satan, and Captain Spaulding. I don't even need to link to the original images of those ones because they're all so blatantly obvious who they are, where they're from and that they've been filter raped.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 18:59:00

Thats some epic linking you got goin on there, Johnny

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-08 22:08:34

go jonny, go, go-go ,go!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 04:18:39

Hey Guys... I wanna scout this guy here, he has some nice art on a few, but there is a slight style difference between a few pieces (although it could one of those things that different pic required a different feel...)
but I wanted to just run it up the flag pole and see if any one knows him or the pieces before I decide to sind out the invite

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 12:42:02

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 15:28:45

At 2/5/10 11:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/5/10 06:49 PM, SCTE3 wrote: What do you people think?
Well seeing as how I have a DA account for no purpose whatsoever, I reported all of that user's images. Bring on the banhammer >:(

Wow, the DA system is bullshit. I reported all of those pieces as being stolen and provided the links to the original art in the Art Portal. I just received a notice regarding each reporting. I reported them with the "wrong report" and thus all of them were deemed invalid, regardless of the fact that I provided links to the original work.
I re-reported them all using the proper report this time, but that's fucking bullshit. It tells you how much Deviant Art gives a fuck about people stealing art.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 15:30:24

At 2/9/10 03:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I reported them with the "wrong report"

Yeah, I've done the same thing in the past. The worst of it is that they aren't very clear about what falls under which report. They're a finicky bunch.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 15:48:54

At 2/9/10 03:30 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Yeah, I've done the same thing in the past. The worst of it is that they aren't very clear about what falls under which report. They're a finicky bunch.

It's things like that which piss me off about DA. Who care's if I reported it wrong? I said it was stolen, I provided evidence it was stolen, and all they do is "Oh, sorry, we don't care that it's stolen, you submitted the wrong report, please try again". Bunch of assholes is what they are.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 16:36:08

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 18:02:45

Keep up the good work guys, but just a small reminder. When it comes to deleting and flagging stuff, as long as it doesn't break any rules it doesn't matter how bad it may be. A drawing of a single MSpaint line is legal for a user page unscouted. If they want to keep crappy art on their page let them as long as its legit. So no need to flag stuff that is just bad but doesn't break any rules.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 19:46:08

At 2/9/10 06:02 PM, ornery wrote: Keep up the good work guys, but just a small reminder. When it comes to deleting and flagging stuff, as long as it doesn't break any rules it doesn't matter how bad it may be. A drawing of a single MSpaint line is legal for a user page unscouted. If they want to keep crappy art on their page let them as long as its legit. So no need to flag stuff that is just bad but doesn't break any rules.

but isn't "No Shitty MSPaint!" one of the rules?
nope
guess not, that must just be the art forum then.....
Although since the Art Portal is more of the frontal face of NewGrounds art, Shouldn't the Portal be much more strict than the Forums?
just a thought....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-09 22:30:54

At 2/9/10 07:46 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: but isn't "No Shitty MSPaint!" one of the rules?
nope
guess not, that must just be the art forum then.....
Although since the Art Portal is more of the frontal face of NewGrounds art, Shouldn't the Portal be much more strict than the Forums?
just a thought....

the portal is more strict. Only scouted stuff counts as portal though really. User page stuff only has to go by basic rules, not the quality control that the portal has.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-10 21:06:11

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-11 00:44:56

I think I may have reported her before, and I know she got unscouted at one point, but I guess she's rescouted now.
But it's a bunch of mediocre art, and a couple of shoddy nude pieces just so that she can get a shit load of views.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-11 01:03:03

Texture alteration really are not art.
If he modeled the characters and background then I could care less, but....
He has a few up
I already asked him to remove them, but if he doesn't then they need to be pulled down.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-11 16:41:22

At 2/10/10 09:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: This guy's work is really mediocre, most of it is really half-assed.

I'v not been a fan of flee's art for a long time now, glorified doodles for the most part. Very sketchy, very quickly done.

i need to come here more....

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-11 21:35:45

At 2/11/10 04:41 PM, M-Vero wrote: I'v not been a fan of flee's art for a long time now, glorified doodles for the most part. Very sketchy, very quickly done.
i need to come here more....

I agree... the majority of it is just five-minute doodly crap. Done with a horrendous brush size, as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-12 12:06:13

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-12 19:42:33

Nothing says art theft like something from the oven.
Wait, that doesn't make any sense...
bam
The link picture iv seen before, stolen many times, but i cant find the original at the moment
and the other i'm pretty sure is some manga.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-13 00:16:01

At 2/12/10 07:42 PM, M-Vero wrote: Nothing says art theft like something from the oven.
Wait, that doesn't make any sense...
bam
The link picture iv seen before, stolen many times, but i cant find the original at the moment
and the other i'm pretty sure is some manga.

43 hits on the squirrel
10 on the wolf
9 on the anime

yeah.......
good call M-Buddy
I helped out by flagging them as well

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-13 10:59:27

can someone just give me the load-down of why some users in the art portal *unscouted* area cant be scouted?... for example

http://thatonegeek.newgrounds.com/

is this beacuse they have been proven to be theifs and thus been banned from scouted... or some other art portal error?... also if people steal artwork cant can not give evidence to support they are not stealing... cant you just remove them from the art portal all together?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-13 11:39:07

And we have part 2 of our saga
Now stealing yet another wolf thing (I'd assume from the same artist but still can't track them down)
And yet another cropped manga cover.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-13 13:59:31

At 2/13/10 10:59 AM, LegolaSS wrote: can someone just give me the load-down of why some users in the art portal *unscouted* area cant be scouted?... for example

Its because they havent marked 4 of their pieces as public.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-13 19:08:17

Ashy and I are bringing this one home
ninjakid1222
His Hidan
is Stolen from here and his other two bring in hits off tineye.
I say ban'em then burn'em or the other way around doesn't matter to me as long as it gets done

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-16 17:43:07

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-16 18:37:56

At 2/16/10 05:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: 5 minute flash jobs?

How much?

snicker

But no, those are all pretty low quality

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2010-02-16 18:57:42

At 2/16/10 05:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: 5 minute flash jobs?

hey, wow, awkward...
this guy has a pokeball like mine o.0... practically same theme too....
but... his came out a few days before mine though.....
well... woopisy-daisy, now I look like a idea/concept thief o.0.......

BBS Signature