00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iva0413 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

785,748 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-06 09:01:54

Well, that's my last reviews done until the redesign hits and I've managed another 50%+ week, so I'll see if I can sneak a few more in, between the relaunch and the update, whenever that may be.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 04:08:51

At 4 hours ago, SCTE3 wrote: Hope no one here minds if I wait until next week to do the update.

Not at all - let the update sink in and take some time to chill.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 05:48:28

At 1 hour ago, Coop wrote:
At 4 hours ago, SCTE3 wrote: Hope no one here minds if I wait until next week to do the update.
Not at all - let the update sink in and take some time to chill.

New layout looks so good I feel like doing some reviews, so I\ll help you guys out with your list :>

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 13:17:32

At 34 minutes ago, SCTE3 wrote: Seems I can't review audio at the moment. Keeps telling me to use/get latest version of Adobe flash player even though I already have it. Can't review if I can't hear it right?

Hm, it works fine for me. Have you tried using a different browser?

Also, what I really like about this redesign? I don't have to think of titles for my reviews anymore, haha.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 14:53:09

At 1 hour ago, SCTE3 wrote:
At 11 minutes ago, Haggard wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, SCTE3 wrote: Seems I can't review audio at the moment. Keeps telling me to use/get latest version of Adobe flash player even though I already have it. Can't review if I can't hear it right?
Hm, it works fine for me. Have you tried using a different browser?
Nope, been used to using Firefox for so long.
Also, what I really like about this redesign? I don't have to think of titles for my reviews anymore, haha.
I shall miss making titles for them. Oh well, the new review design is neat though. I really like that about this design.

I'm still adding titles to my first line in every review. Just can't stop it :P

Try getting Chrome or Opera, it works perfectly for me in Opera, haven't tried it in Firefox yet.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 16:55:36

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-08 20:16:23

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-09 03:20:21

Hey guys!

I'd really like to have some feedback on this piece I submitted:

Thanks for your time

Jiimaan

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-10 08:18:01

Sup again, guys? Remixes/covers are allowed, right?

I'm sure it won't make your ears bleed. ;)

deviantART Page!?

"I look at devs and say 'I want to be that', I look at critics and say 'I want to impress them', and I look at gamers and say 'I want them to have fun."Egg82

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 01:23:12

Just testing to see if they're implemented art embedding, if not, here's the original link.

Any chance any of your reviewers could spare a poor, hungry artist a review or two?

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 06:37:44

Hi guys, I'm looking to get more exposure for my latest dubstep song. I think it's done better than any of my other0s so far, but I want some constructive criticism to maybe improve future productions or maintain what I'm doing

Thanks

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 09:05:39

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 13:29:53

Just mentioning that I would like to join the Review Request Club as a reviewer. Please and Thank You!

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 13:33:57

At 1 minute ago, Sectus wrote: Just mentioning that I would like to join the Review Request Club as a reviewer. Please and Thank You!

Your reviews are pretty damn good. I'd say you're in. Just remember to count your total points and post them here before the next update!

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 13:35:26

At A few seconds ago, shrimpchris wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Sectus wrote: Just mentioning that I would like to join the Review Request Club as a reviewer. Please and Thank You!
Your reviews are pretty damn good. I'd say you're in. Just remember to count your total points and post them here before the next update!

Do I need to do that before every update, or just the one time? It seems like it could become rather tedious to check everyone's reviews and count up the points for one leader-person.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 13:50:03

At 2 minutes ago, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, Sectus wrote:
Do I need to do that before every update, or just the one time? It seems like it could become rather tedious to check everyone's reviews and count up the points for one leader-person.
Just need to do it once. Then I take care of the points after that for every update.

Alrighty, thanks. I look forward to reviewing new flashes/audio/art.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 14:01:36

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 14:42:33

Hey guys, I don't normally post here, but in this rare case I didn't get any reviews, so I'd be ahppy if one of you would give me one. Thanks!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 15:03:19

If I am correct, I should have around fifteen points at this point. Correct me if I am wrong.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 15:17:40

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out by reviewing this picture:

Link.

Thanks a lot.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 17:13:17

I would like to join but I should tell you I can only review art and movies. My sound card is not working properly and my Blackberry Playbook won't play music.

I would also like my audio submissions to be reviewed please:
http://legit4realz.newgrounds.com/audio/

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 17:19:43

At 53 seconds ago, Legit4Realz wrote: I would like to join but I should tell you I can only review art and movies. My sound card is not working properly and my Blackberry Playbook won't play music.

I would also like my audio submissions to be reviewed please:
http://legit4realz.newgrounds.com/audio/

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 19:29:59

At 4 hours ago, Sectus wrote: If I am correct, I should have around fifteen points at this point. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nope, you don't have any right now. Make sure you review things form the most recent update SCTE3 posted on page 244, not as users request them.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-11 21:11:25

l o l this counts doesn't it

doesn't it

doesn't

it

review

it

review

it

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 16:46:59

Could I please become a RRC member? But first I would like this submission to be reviewed:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470727

All elites originate from noobs.

- Zirocket-8

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 17:02:49

At 13 minutes ago, Zirocket-8 wrote: Could I please become a RRC member? But first I would like this submission to be reviewed:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470727

SHOOT I gave you the music from above. What the heck is happening?

It's this:

Highway Sun

All elites originate from noobs.

- Zirocket-8

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 17:56:19

s'moar art... so that'll be two art pieces entered this week for me.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 18:10:33

At 59 minutes ago, Zirocket-8 wrote: Could I please become a RRC member?

To be honest, your reviews aren't really good. Try to at least give a few tips and pointers about each movie, game, piece of art and audio you review. Don't just say if you thought it was good, but what was good or bad about it.

Of course, you will have to write a different review for each type of submission.
For movies I always look to three things: the animation quality, the sound and if the video succeeded in what it wanted to accomplish (make me laugh, inform). Next to that, I write some things that I noticed during the movie, but don't fit in these parts. Like creativeness, story, etc.
For games I look at the same things as movies, but then also to if everything worked, if the game concept is original, and if it isn't too repetive.
For audio I usually divide the music in different parts, and tell the author what was good and bad about each of the parts. Did it sound nice, were there any special effects, or was the calmness of the song what made it really good. Or bad of course.
If you look at art you can often immediately see if it deserves a seven/eight or a four. If you can give the author any pointers, do it. Say what you like, what parts need more detail, and what parts are just fine. Did you like the colouors the artist used, did you think the shadows are nice, and did you njoy it as a whole?

These are just some things you can look to, and you don't have to include all of them in each of your reviews. Try to at least write a few paragraphs of text every time though. I would prefer a few thought-out reviews over a ton of one or two sentence reviews.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 18:15:00

At 1 day ago, Legit4Realz wrote: I would like to join

Please refer to my previous post too. Both of you, please write some more reviews to show you can write great reviews.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 18:23:43

At 4 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 1 day ago, Legit4Realz wrote: I would like to join
Please refer to my previous post too. Both of you, please write some more reviews to show you can write great reviews.

The reason my reviews aren't to par is because I wasn't even trying. I was unaware that our previous reviews would be checked. From now on I'll work harder on them.