00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

784,086 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 18:43:29

At 16 minutes ago, Legit4Realz wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 1 day ago, Legit4Realz wrote: I would like to join
Please refer to my previous post too. Both of you, please write some more reviews to show you can write great reviews.
The reason my reviews aren't to par is because I wasn't even trying. I was unaware that our previous reviews would be checked. From now on I'll work harder on them.

Well, let's put it like this - our reputation as a club is at stake. We want people to review for us and to get people thinking "Hmm, those guys and girls from the Review Request Club really know their stuff. They are helpful, don't just leave YouTube comments and actually appear to care. I'll tell some of my friends about them."

Without us approving you to write reviews for us, how can we expect to preserve this balance?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 20:17:59

Can you guys review this li'l slice of art I made?

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-12 23:15:18

At 4 hours ago, Coop wrote:
At 16 minutes ago, Legit4Realz wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 1 day ago, Legit4Realz wrote: I would like to join
Please refer to my previous post.
The reason my reviews aren't to par is because I wasn't even trying. I was unaware that our previous reviews would be checked. From now on I'll work harder on them.
Without us approving you to write reviews for us, how can we expect to preserve this balance?

I completely understand, but I just have no idea where to start. I guess I'll just start reviewing recent movie submissions.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 01:33:32

I've got a couple songs I'd love to get a review on.

I saw this club existed via Liquid0oze's song that had a review leading here.

Thanks much.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 03:38:05

So hi guys.
Well, when i finish a song on ableton, i do the mastering etc.. i save into .wav 24 bits ( turning into mp3 later.. ) then when i open it on itunes the sound corrector of itunes make my song... erghhh... fugly... so i turn off the sound corrector.. it's ok but i can't tell to all the people who download my music to turn their sound corrector off..
You can try yourself, download my song "DafuQ" and put it on itunes.. :C
Thx guys'

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 05:51:04

At 2 hours ago, Kmist wrote: So hi guys.
Well, when i finish a song on ableton, i do the mastering etc.. i save into .wav 24 bits ( turning into mp3 later.. ) then when i open it on itunes the sound corrector of itunes make my song... erghhh... fugly... so i turn off the sound corrector.. it's ok but i can't tell to all the people who download my music to turn their sound corrector off..
You can try yourself, download my song "DafuQ" and put it on itunes.. :C
Thx guys'

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 07:32:02

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 15:34:18

At 1 hour ago, rsconceptions wrote: Hey I hope I am posting in the right place. I'd like my latest loop to be reviewed please? Details about it are on the link.

A Thousand Secrets

You posted a link to your project, which means we can't see it. They need the link directly to your audio on the audio portal :)

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-13 17:20:31

At 23 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: To be honest, your reviews aren't really good. Try to at least give a few tips and pointers about each movie, game, piece of art and audio you review. Don't just say if you thought it was good, but what was good or bad about it...

Then from now on I will start trying to writing good reviews. Thanks for the pointer.

All elites originate from noobs.

- Zirocket-8

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 11:15:25

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 12:01:43

At 3 minutes ago, rsconceptions wrote: Am I missing something? How do I get the proper banner link like you guys are, instead of just normal text?

You just post the link without any markups. Copy and paste it directly into your post.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 15:02:15

Hi, I posted a request about a month ago that was never reviewed... if this is a normal time to wait, I apologize; I'd just really like some feedback because it's a different sort of style for me.

Thanks,
ochrence

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 19:13:28

At 4 hours ago, ochrence wrote: Hi, I posted a request about a month ago that was never reviewed... if this is a normal time to wait, I apologize;

Usually the normal time to wait is about two weeks. We must have overlooked your request. Sorry for that. Since there are really no reviews yet on your submission I think it's ok for you to request it again. Hopefully this time you will get some reviews from us. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 19:22:21

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470676

I Started this new Rap Beat and it has a lot of bass, and good snare.... I need some opinions on what I should do next and what I should work on..

Review Request Club

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-14 19:31:03

Song about my life. Hope you guys understand what I ment by Beyond the curtain :)

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-15 02:34:17

44 requests? Wow, that's immense. I guess this is for two weeks, with the pause from the redisign.
But how can I suddenly have more than 500 points? I've now got 580 points, with a gain of 9 points...

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-15 07:49:33

Jeez. You guys are in for a heavy week. I'll sneak in some reviews here if I find the time.

Tip: Review something that no-one else in the RRC has, so that all the requesters get at least oner eview each :)

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-16 02:53:37

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-16 07:47:09

At 1 day ago, SCTE3 wrote: This update took a bit longer than usual since I was doing the usual

Yeah, but you'll settle into the new system, I'm sure.

Coop, Haggard, and NL-Courage got a good amount of the requests done.

Still shy of the 100% again, but I made some good ground this time. Thanks for the update, SCTE3

Member's Update #119
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 9123 | 1421 / 2814 | 050.50% || 081 | 13 / 15 | 086.67% | Coop
02 ) 8838 | 1372 / 2819 | 048.67% || 063 | 10 / 15 | 066.67% | Haggard

Nice symmetry with 50.50%. I want to make some more substantial gains this week and judging by the mountain ahead of me, this could be... interesting, to say the least.

At 1 day ago, SCTE3 wrote: Flash Requests (4)
Audio Requests (35)
Art Requests (5)

Okay, so 44 to review, 5 done so far and now to allow myself a little dance of triumph, as the art requests have been fulfilled within an hour. That leaves me with 39 to do and not a fat lot of time to do them in...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-16 18:23:35

I haven't written a single review since the redesign was launched. I'll have to fix that over the weekend.

At 1 day ago, NL-Courage wrote: Damn, I almost surpassed 50%. As long as I'm ahead of Winrar1337 I'm cool. (Yeah, I need rivalry against him at every level)

When it comes to points in this club, I'm pretty much certain that you'll stay ahead of me. I hardly ever write more than one review in a day.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-17 16:20:47

The original is what got me into music making in the first place. I'm really curious as to how well others think I did on it.

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-17 22:47:18

I'd really appreciate if you could take a listen to this:

Sounds like you guys do a LOT of work! I'd consider joining ... but question: Is the expectation to review as much of what's requested a week? Can I just do one thing (like just audio, or just flash), or even just one category (like just classical)?

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-19 02:30:42

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-19 06:41:35

At 4 days ago, SCTE3 wrote: Member's Update #119

Thanks for the update!

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 9123 | 1421 / 2814 | 050.50% || 081 | 13 / 15 | 086.67% | Coop
02 ) 8838 | 1372 / 2819 | 048.67% || 063 | 10 / 15 | 066.67% | Haggard

Not so good week for me. The redesign really threw me off course and I still have to get back into reviewing.

At 4 days ago, SCTE3 wrote: Flash Requests (4)
Audio Requests (35)
Art Requests (5)

44 to review, I doubt I can do that much. Also I have to work on my diploma thesis, so that's another reason why I can't concentrate on reviewing too much.

Oh yeah, I will be away the first two weeks of march, so no reviewing there as well. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-19 07:18:26

Hai guys. Can you review this drawing I made? I think it's better than the last one.

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-19 10:58:37

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-19 14:50:14

My first piece of Space Art the Space Core is sure to approve of.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-20 10:45:14

I only got the chance to give out one review this week, so I should have nine points if I added this all up correctly. I apologize if I did not.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-20 12:56:21

I would like to request a review for a new piece I released

All elites originate from noobs.

- Zirocket-8

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2012-02-20 18:19:13

Hey guys, I was hoping you could review a comic I made for the Comic Jam. Thanks a lot.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature