00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video Game Music Commission

5,536 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 03:46:50

I am a serious and dedicated Independent Game Developer interested in commissioning several original musical pieces for my latest video game. I am seeking compositions befitting a tactical fantasy RPG, and that can be applied to various emotional moments of the story; exciting action, suspense and drama, romance, calm tranquil, and powerful epic battles. I am willing to budget several hundred dollars for several Quality, original pieces with full rights to use them. I am Interested in composers who have past work to show and who are dedicated and reliable enough to see the entire commission of several pieces to completion. Exact details on pieces and price to be negotiated.

I encourage anyone potentially interested to post here. I will respond to those I am potentially interested in privately, though I will also respond to comments or questions publicly.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 06:55:09

I have the music you're looking for, but I'd like a little more info if possible.

My demo's are located at: http://www.nathanallenpinard.com/ (MP3 player in right pane)

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 14:10:47

I am currently working on a game right now, as composer and director. So i have nothing to show yet, other than the songs i have composed.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 15:40:45

Am a composer for concert, film, and games. Currently have no other projects in foreseeable future.

Can compose in many different styles and genres for any number of different purposes. (E.g. Level based in a mall and you need 'mall' music [like TimeSplitter's mall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDNxyL6P YI], or middle eastern tombs/pyramids, or space-y music, or just about any other music you could possibly need.)

Am efficient and prolific composer - during summer, usually compose at least 2 compositions per day. Will meet set deadlines (always met during summer, a little slower during school year because of college admissions process and school work).

Clicky, clicky!

^ No seriously; your mouse will thank you for it :D

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 16:48:04

At 6/16/09 04:00 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: It looks like some pretty serious games you got on your website, blud.

LOL! And with that, I'm afraid I must retract my application.

Clicky, clicky!

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 17:24:05

It is foolish to view my past games negatively. Dungeon Rabbit is a game I am very serious about which I have spent many months of hard work on, yet is also a work in progress with filler artwork I was forced to do myself. The reasons you might look down upon it are the same reasons I am hiring such help - I am commissioning graphical artists and musicians so I don't have to do these myself. Overall, I am very proud of Dungeon Rabbit, and my newest project will be several times better because of the work I did on it as well.

Additionally, none of this changes the fact that, whether or not my game is successful, I am paying money here.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 17:30:13

At 6/16/09 04:00 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: It looks like some pretty serious games you got on your website, blud.

They are complete. That's actually farther than most game developers get.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 17:56:24

At 6/16/09 05:24 PM, SouthpawHare wrote:

:Dungeon Rabbit is a game I am very serious about...

Serious? So am I. I don't dorabbits. Not since that incident with the chainsaw.

Clicky, clicky!

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 18:34:54

comission me brother, i can also draw some graphics, in the style as it is shown

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 18:36:09

The most significant part of Dungeon Rabbit that I attempted to get across is the different tools your magical item can transform into. Each has a very different play style, but all are feasible. You can play with any one of them, or go for a strategy that switches between them. You can go for an offensive style, or for an evasive one that requires no killing at all. My goal was to allow you to play in many different ways.

Nevertheless, I do not want to derail this topic. While I appreciate your positive comments about Dungeon Rabbit, the music commission I suggested is not for Dungeon Rabbit, nor any game currently advertised on my website (it is still far from a playable state, even a demo). I still want to keep this topic about getting potential applicants for my commission.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 18:46:06

I'll add to your list of possibilities =]

Check out my stuff, see if it might be what you may like.
Right now they are mellow and such. But if the instrumentation or stylistic approaches are okay to you, I'm all for it. =]

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 18:54:53

At 6/16/09 06:36 PM, SouthpawHare wrote: Nevertheless, I do not want to derail this topic. While I appreciate your positive comments about Dungeon Rabbit, the music commission I suggested is not for Dungeon Rabbit, nor any game currently advertised on my website (it is still far from a playable state, even a demo). I still want to keep this topic about getting potential applicants for my commission.

You've had more than a couple applicants at this point, I'm definitely interested in hearing some comments regarding the selection process.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 19:29:50

Im kind of interested, although I can't say I have alot of faith in your promissary note on payment...regardless, being featured in a game is still publicity...here's my most notable pieces on newgrounds, however I have alot of other stuff that seems more pertinent elsewhere. If any of it interests you, let me know, I'll show you some things you might like better;

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 21:08:03

So have you found a composer?

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 23:07:25

At 6/16/09 07:29 PM, EoD696 wrote: Im kind of interested, although I can't say I have alot of faith in your promissary note on payment...;

There is no empty promise, or faith needed. I always pay in full before I expect anyone to begin a commission, as is only respectable practice. I will be paying for each individual piece separately, right before I expect the commissioned person to begin it.

In regards to comments on whether or not I have chosen anyone yet, I intend to leave this topic up for a couple of days in order to allow people a fair shot at posting (it hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, after all). I will be responding to people privately after or within that time.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 23:09:41

At 6/16/09 11:07 PM, SouthpawHare wrote: (it hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, after all).

there is something seriously wrong with my perception of time.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-16 23:19:30

At 6/16/09 11:09 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 6/16/09 11:07 PM, SouthpawHare wrote: (it hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, after all).
there is something seriously wrong with my perception of time.

haha, I cannot tell if that is sarcasm or truth. haha
Either way I found it entertaining

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-17 23:56:08

Here's my two cents. I'm down for a demo. I've PMed you my WIndows Live messenger name. I can do a demo live over chat. I have a method of music production that makes it rather less time consuming than most. In the meantime, feel free to browse my NG page for my music :)

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-18 01:12:04

At 6/16/09 03:46 AM, SouthpawHare wrote: I am a serious and dedicated Independent Game Developer interested in commissioning several original musical pieces for my latest video game. I am seeking compositions befitting a tactical fantasy RPG, and that can be applied to various emotional moments of the story; exciting action, suspense and drama, romance, calm tranquil, and powerful epic battles. I am willing to budget several hundred dollars for several Quality, original pieces with full rights to use them. I am Interested in composers who have past work to show and who are dedicated and reliable enough to see the entire commission of several pieces to completion. Exact details on pieces and price to be negotiated.

I encourage anyone potentially interested to post here. I will respond to those I am potentially interested in privately, though I will also respond to comments or questions publicly.

my my my
what a coincidence
i happen to be working for a friend asking me for the same thing
or i was
he abandoned the project
lol
i could send you some of my stuff if you want
ill start with what one of our dungeon themes was supposed to be
once i get it up ill email it to you

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-18 14:44:47

They are all rpg style. I can update sounds if I do your game this was written with the tools i had at the time except the first one which is supposed to sound like that becaus it was written for a sprite based game I have a good vst that i recently got

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-20 15:02:58

At 6/19/09 07:14 PM, benyue1978 wrote: Here's my advice. If you're gonna compose for this, make sure you're not going into an exclusive contract. That will exclude you from ever composing anything similiar sounding again, or using that particular piece of music again. Do NOT sell exclusive rights for small amounts of money. EVER. Make sure that you have the option of using the music again to submit elsewhere. Hope this helps any potential future copyright issues

PLEASE. Read here before submitting music for these kinds of game projects.

For that to happen the developer would have to sign a contract. As long as that doesn't happen, the musician will retain rights.

Instead, the developer should sign a contract for a LICENSE to use the music in that project ONLY.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-21 01:39:50

I'm interested in working with you.
Here's some of my stuff:

I also write the music for this band:
http://www.myspace.com/gundaymonday

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-21 04:01:39

I'm interested in working on a piece. My most recent title Eagle Heart has a more professional sound then what I've dealt with in the past.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-21 13:22:46

I'm kind of reluctant because I already have a lot on my plate to finish musically, but we can work this out and if I find it more worthwhile to jump on board with you, I may drop out of this contest I'm participating in and work with you.

My specialties are orchestral scores, videogame scores and hiphop beats (I doubt you'll need the last one though, the first two are most likely more important).

Here's a few examples of my work if you're interested:

A song I composed for a flash game set to come out around september for the Power of Three.

I just made this for the hell of it, which is what I normally do hahahaha. BTW, this song was featured in a flash.

This song ended up getting front page on this site for a week.

Send me a PM if you're interested, and we'll discuss this further.

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-22 10:17:05

How are you doing? I am a orchestral composer and I am extremely interested in creating music for your project. Recently, I just finished post-production on the trailer for 9. I did the sound design and composed the score. I can send you some of my work if you are interested... I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Thirsty Canvas Productions
Jason Dzamba

Video Game Music Commission

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-22 21:04:48

Hello. For your consideration, i would like to add my song titled: "Save My Life" I'm not fancy enough to know how to post my song in this reply, my most humble apologies.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Music Commission 2009-06-23 01:09:33

This song might work well as a loop for a part of your game.