00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,641,536 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 05:16:49

I have played a crap load of games in the last couple of days. Have got in game, about 250 medals and only been actually given about 30 of them. I get 1 or 2, maybe 3 medals and then it wont give me any more. If I want to get more I have to run CCleaner and delete all my progress and then start over again, just to get another couple of medals. It's extremely frustrating. I have even played and completed a few games and received absolutely no medals/nothing/nada. What a waste of my time and effort.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 14:41:12

At 12 hours ago, ixfd64 wrote: An old game that recently got a medal, I think:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/535179

Is the medal working for anyone else? Or should I try again later?

Clever game btw.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 15:15:38

At 9 hours ago, skiller12 wrote: As for you who wonder what Cubeture 2 secret medals are, here is little hint: You havent talked to all people. To make matters worse, you have to do the same thing twice, but with different outcomes.

Also, ranking site is kinda retarded, it says i have 7 medals or so...damn it

Are you talking about Newgrounds log? If so, that site has been having problems. You should PM Byteslinger.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 16:44:27

About the medal crisis here...
I've tried playing most of the medal games that launched since the ng new design thingy. I just don't believe there are suddenly this many programmers out there to make such a load of errors when it comes to medals.
Cubeture 2, for example, gave me some medals in one attempt others in another, yet others never...
And I certainly don't want to reload and reload and replay and replay...
I hope you ng staff most-of-the-time-awesome guys can fix that medal problem somehow!

Going to stop medal hunting for a bit.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 17:31:25

How do you use keys in this game? I am at the first door, start of the game. I pressed the blue and red button. Opened both treasure chests and received the key medal. However, I have no way to pass the locked door. What do?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 17:42:49

At 7 minutes ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/588164
How do you use keys in this game? I am at the first door, start of the game. I pressed the blue and red button. Opened both treasure chests and received the key medal. However, I have no way to pass the locked door. What do?

I'm not sure what specific bugs there are, but I do know that there are four different kinds of keys: bronze ones, silver ones, gold ones and a boss key. Are you sure you've got the right key for the door you're trying to open?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 17:56:12

At 10 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/588164
I'm not sure what specific bugs there are, but I do know that there are four different kinds of keys: bronze ones, silver ones, gold ones and a boss key. Are you sure you've got the right key for the door you're trying to open?

I am at the start of the game. I was given one key to open one door, but the door does not open. What button do I press to make my key work?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 18:16:22

At 3 hours ago, Fooliolo wrote:
At 12 hours ago, ixfd64 wrote: An old game that recently got a medal, I think:
Is the medal working for anyone else? Or should I try again later?

Clever game btw.

Actually, it isn't working for me either. Played it through like 5 times (once you beat it once it only takes about 10-12 clicks of the mouse) and never received anything. it;s only a five point medal, but still it would be nice to add to the old collection.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 19:29:58

At 1 hour ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I am at the start of the game. I was given one key to open one door, but the door does not open. What button do I press to make my key work?

Actually, you shouldn't need to press any keys if you have the right key for the door. Just approach it. At least, that's how it works for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 22:25:11

Have I proven that I have no life yet!?!?!?

Medal works, and I managed to pull some experience from it that can apply to later in life. Also, as a pro tip, stats don't save unless you either die or quit the level. I have effectively frozen my save data for just before I complete all the challenges.

Total game play time is roughly 38-40 hours.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 22:25:51

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 22:31:00

At 1 minute ago, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590352

Played and completed it 4 times. Got the medal in game for finishing it, but I didn't get the medal or the 50 points added to my profile. YET AGAIN! I tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-18 22:32:23

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 00:10:48

At 1 hour ago, gamejunkie wrote: Played and completed it 4 times. Got the medal in game for finishing it, but I didn't get the medal or the 50 points added to my profile. YET AGAIN! I tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Same here, no medal. I got the pop up, but it didn't send. I seem to have had that happen several times, but the majority, its when the medal pops onto the screen. I just played that My Little Dashie game, and I got both of the new medals that were added, but only one registered... the one that didn't pop up on screen.

Very frustrating.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 02:52:12

At 2 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, gamejunkie wrote: Played and completed it 4 times. Got the medal in game for finishing it, but I didn't get the medal or the 50 points added to my profile. YET AGAIN! I tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox.
Same here, no medal. I got the pop up, but it didn't send. I seem to have had that happen several times, but the majority, its when the medal pops onto the screen. :
Very frustrating.

I did the same thing and got the medal in game but not anywhere else. Also, was it just me and my computer, but after "getting" the medal, did everyone else's computer start slowing down and run hot foir no reason on that page? I played the game twice thinking I could get the medal, and both times, my computer slowed down so much that I had to exit the page before it would go back to normal. Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 03:44:22

At 47 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Also, was it just me and my computer, but after "getting" the medal, did everyone else's computer start slowing down and run hot foir no reason on that page? I played the game twice thinking I could get the medal, and both times, my computer slowed down so much that I had to exit the page before it would go back to normal. Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon.

Yeah the slow down happened to me too. And my computer is only 2 weeks old and top of the range, but it nearly came to a stand-still when I completed the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 09:06:00

At 1 day ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, SFS1313 wrote: Dang it! I beat the game with no hints and didn't get the last medal. Nor did I get the medal for completing that pain in the neck 4th level... any of the 5 times I did it!

I did the second level TWICE and didnt get it. Im honestly backing up my save file before I finish the last level with no hints

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 12:39:21

At 14 hours ago, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590352

These medals now work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 21:39:46

New Medal Game (hope this works).

Also, when I played it, there was major major lag. Couldn't even get past level one. Anyone else have the dame problem?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-19 22:08:39

At 26 minutes ago, VJF wrote: New Medal Game (hope this works).
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590405
Also, when I played it, there was major major lag. Couldn't even get past level one. Anyone else have the dame problem?

The medals seem to work OK. I got the first one. But Stage 2, Level 10 I got stuck on though. No lag here, the game ran perfectly for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 05:04:43

At 7 hours ago, VJF wrote: New Medal Game (hope this works).
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590405

No lag, though I have noted multiple ads being present in the loading screen.

Area 4 is a real b!tch to get through btw. And unfortunately, it is also one of the medals that failed to send for me =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 06:00:46

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in here, but did this new site thing cause some medals and games to be removed, because NG logs doesn't have the same numbers this site does in terms of total different medal games played and such.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 10:52:29

At 4 hours ago, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in here, but did this new site thing cause some medals and games to be removed, because NG logs doesn't have the same numbers this site does in terms of total different medal games played and such.

I don't know about NG logs, but I do know that a lot of games that used to have 0-point medals don't have medals anymore. A lot of them got removed with the redisign. I had about 6600 medals before the redisign, and 6100 after. Is this what you mean?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 12:54:55

Has anyone got a tip on how to complete level 5 of the missle silo world? It's the last world. (4)

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 15:19:56

At 2 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590405
Has anyone got a tip on how to complete level 5 of the missle silo world? It's the last world. (4)

This is one of the easiest levels oô
jump, switch polarity that u float und with timing between the bombs

> Nope

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-20 20:07:52

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-21 00:30:56

Starwish has medals now :-) I don't think I saw anyone mention it here yet...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-21 02:46:13

New game:

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-21 06:51:44

Can someone PM me with details on how to get the next to last secret medal in Cookie Chase?

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-21 07:11:11

At 17 minutes ago, MatthewF wrote: Can someone PM me with details on how to get the next to last secret medal in Cookie Chase?

I would also like a PM about this as well.

BBS Signature