00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,640,673 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-08 16:21:25

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-08 17:38:24

There are some 0 point medals here.

It's a really cool art collab. I'd recommend taking a look at it.

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-08 19:21:44

At 9/8/11 01:37 PM, RobJohnson wrote:
At 9/6/11 12:04 PM, Fooliolo wrote: And here it is. Minimal reliance on the RNG factor too.
eewwww..... slime catapaults?
double dinos?
gross.

Bear Grylls is an example of how to get shyt done. Foraging bear poo for calories, yes.

Anyway I just beat the game on nightmare mode and i need 3 more achievements (the secret ones obv)

omg secret medals!

Any one have any of the ones im missing?

Shhh! They're a secret! Hints are allowed though.

I believe I know what one of them might be, and I'm praying the author seriously didn't do another one based off of another hunch. As for the third one, no clue. That's all I have to say about them, as I haven't seen anyone else with them so far.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 02:08:43

For Creepy Tower TD, I was experimenting with different strategies on Map 5, when something really odd has happened.

I was trying out mass Wealth towers in normal mode just to see how far I could get. To my surprise it actually carried me through to the end, but even more ridiculous was my score: 590k. That's not even a bronze medal, which is at 1.45 million. Am I going crazy?

And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware of an exploit that guarantees you win, but I don't want to have to resort to that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 02:37:20

At 9/9/11 02:08 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware of an exploit that guarantees you win, but I don't want to have to resort to that.

What is this exploit that guarantees you win? Please Pm me this information.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 04:47:54

I didn't find an exploit, but I did come up with (at least) 3 completely different strategies that make it fairly easy to get a gold medal in every level. Just be creative, look at the list of combinations and try stuff that looks helpful. Give it some time to figure stuff out and the game gets really easy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 07:22:49

Thanks for the help just one last q. Ive tried to beat 300 rounds in the survival mode by doing 30 then 30 later etc. in Arm of Revenge. Am I to believe you have to last til 300 in one run to get the medal?

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 07:27:16

At 9/9/11 07:22 AM, MatthewF wrote: Thanks for the help just one last q. Ive tried to beat 300 rounds in the survival mode by doing 30 then 30 later etc. in Arm of Revenge. Am I to believe you have to last til 300 in one run to get the medal?

As far as I know, you have to reach round 300 to get that medal, something that is pretty much impossible to do. I haven't seen anyone with that medal, not even the cheaters. So please, don't waste your time on it. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 07:41:39

Thanks sorry for the double post. I figured it was the hard way. I only wasted 3 hrs getting up to 100 rounds, Funnaut must be out of his mind.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 10:00:54

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 11:24:37

At 9/9/11 10:00 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 9037
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7928
It's just those two games that don't seem to give medals. Can anyone confirm that, or are there connection problems on my side?

I also confirm that the medals in these games are broken!
-----------------
Many weeks have passed and I have lost many games because I was on holiday, can anyone send me a PM to tell me how to get these medals?

-the last secret medal in the game Extreme Hipster Sim
-the first secret medal in the game Galactic Miner
-the last secret medal in the game BedClock vs. Anti-Clocks
-the last secret medal (100pts) in the game Clock Hunt
-the last secret medal in the game StrawberyClock Smackdow
-the first secret medal in the game MLP: Friendship is Pain

I know I ask a lot of aid, but I can not get these medals :(

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 11:35:37

At 9/9/11 11:24 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
-the last secret medal in the game Extreme Hipster Sim

Sent

-the first secret medal in the game Galactic Miner

Sent

-the last secret medal in the game BedClock vs. Anti-Clocks

Sent

-the last secret medal (100pts) in the game Clock Hunt

Sent

-the last secret medal in the game StrawberyClock Smackdow

Not sent, I have no idea...

-the first secret medal in the game MLP: Friendship is Pain

Sent

I know I ask a lot of aid, but I can not get these medals :(

That's what this thread is for, right?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-09 21:48:39

At 9/9/11 08:58 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: I'm back from vacation!, new games!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6677

Holy crap this game is hard! Who wants to place bets on how long it takes Nijsse to get the 100 pt medal? xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 03:18:18

does anyone know whether the 'to the bone' medal in the game 'cave of no return' is working or not? or is there any extra requirement to earn the medal?

as i figure, you enter a new level once you reach 16,000 points or so. the white spikes are replaced by gray ones, appearing three at a time. however, i can't seem to be able to get that medal. =P

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 03:55:12

At 9/10/11 03:18 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: does anyone know whether the 'to the bone' medal in the game 'cave of no return' is working or not? or is there any extra requirement to earn the medal?

as i figure, you enter a new level once you reach 16,000 points or so. the white spikes are replaced by gray ones, appearing three at a time. however, i can't seem to be able to get that medal. =P

In the teagames.com version of the game, you reach the graveyard at 22500 points, earning the achievement. I've reached 33k in the NG version and no sign of the graveyard. Since the achievement associated with reaching the crystal area is disabled but the one for the graveyard isn't, one can conclude that the author did a shoddy job of chopping up his game properly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 04:49:31

At 9/9/11 10:00 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 9037
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7928
It's just those two games that don't seem to give medals. Can anyone confirm that, or are there connection problems on my side?

Medals now work. Figures that there would be ye olde obligatory grinder medals in there, but at least the visuals and aesthetics are sssssmooooootttthhhhh.

In the meantime, I'ma figure out how to map out the perfect game tomorrow, since there evidently isn't anything random about it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 07:41:37

Self portrait models seem to be approved (point values show up) but apparently are not implemented correctly as they do not shw on my profile or on the game page itself

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 09:34:46

At 9/10/11 04:49 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Medals now work. Figures that there would be ye olde obligatory grinder medals in there, but at least the visuals and aesthetics are sssssmooooootttthhhhh.

Is there any way to reset your game's information without deleting the .sol file? I got a few medals before it was fixed, and while they show up on the in game achievement page, they don't register on the medal list, or in my profile.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 09:43:53

At 9/10/11 09:34 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
Is there any way to reset your game's information without deleting the .sol file? I got a few medals before it was fixed, and while they show up on the in game achievement page, they don't register on the medal list, or in my profile.

This happened to me too, but the only way is to delete the .sol file unfortunately...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 11:12:06

At 9/10/11 09:43 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 9/10/11 09:34 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
This happened to me too, but the only way is to delete the .sol file unfortunately...

The same thing happened to me, but unfortunately I can not find the .sol file of that game, someone managed to find that file?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 11:40:17

I'm trying to get the medals in this game and I saw this video on YouTube, I wanted to know how you can drift so well, it seems that the landscape is moving instead of the car, is it possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU9m2zuhL ek

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 11:54:35

At 9/10/11 11:12 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: The same thing happened to me, but unfortunately I can not find the .sol file of that game, someone managed to find that file?

Like the vast majority of .sol files, it will be found according to its portal entry number. Wonderputt's portal ID is 577928, so it should be found under 577000 --> 577928_KONGwonderputt.swf.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 12:01:58

At 9/10/11 11:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Like the vast majority of .sol files, it will be found according to its portal entry number. Wonderputt's portal ID is 577928, so it should be found under 577000 --> 577928_KONGwonderputt.swf.

Thanks, now I've found it!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 13:28:12

At 9/10/11 04:49 AM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7928
In the meantime, I'ma figure out how to map out the perfect game tomorrow, since there evidently isn't anything random about it.

Most difficult hole to get a perfect on: hole 6. Requires pixel perfect precision to score a hole-in-one while collecting all the wonder. Holes 2, 3, 11, and 15 are also difficult holes to score perfects on. Hole 17 requires the most precise timing, but it shouldn't be hard otherwise.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-10 16:45:09

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-11 02:57:20

Just a head sup for this game. Stealer tower is very useful for getting all 3 stars for a level. Without it there is no guarantee you'll be able to get all the stars for a levl, even if you kill all the monsters.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-11 10:17:55

At 9/11/11 02:57 AM, EdyKel wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 9072
Just a head sup for this game. Stealer tower is very useful for getting all 3 stars for a level. Without it there is no guarantee you'll be able to get all the stars for a levl, even if you kill all the monsters.

Forgive my ignorance, but which is the stealer tower?

Also, a few questions about the game... how do you upgrade? It says after the first level, I have 3 upgrade points, but damned if I can use 'em on the upgrade menu. Also, how much is each of the three towers? There is no amount next to them (I think the blue one is 50, but it doesn't seem to show up there).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-11 11:00:28

At 9/11/11 10:17 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but which is the stealer tower?

If you open up the menu while playing a level, one of the options shows you the list of recipes. The Stealer Tower is a tier 3 tower, so it's going to be pretty expensive.

I'm not too far into the game, but so far upgrading the cake meter has served me fine. I'll take EdyKel's word for it though because without either option you won't get the maximum skill points possible after the first two or three levels.

Also, a few questions about the game... how do you upgrade? It says after the first level, I have 3 upgrade points, but damned if I can use 'em on the upgrade menu.

To use upgrade points, click on the plus signs next to the upgrades you want.