00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,640,683 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 01:52:31

At 3/8/11 12:00 AM, Leboyo56 wrote:
At 3/6/11 08:56 PM, cmw986 wrote: I left a different Medal gaming site to come here. I like that most games have more then 1 or two badges and I like the games here more :)
So you mean Kongregate? Their achievements are called badges.

yea thats where I came from kong.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 03:03:14

At 3/7/11 10:27 PM, Fooliolo wrote: TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo. At least, not for now. Also, I do not want to play this game again.

I wouldn't worry about getting it for your main account. Most likely it will be deleted as an active medal by PS because it doesn't really work for everyone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 04:50:21

At 3/8/11 03:03 AM, EdyKel wrote: I wouldn't worry about getting it for your main account. Most likely it will be deleted as an active medal by PS because it doesn't really work for everyone.

In the far far away future I gather. The admins aren't very quick to act on medal issues. I mean, the medal is still there! The game was submitted quite some time ago.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 09:23:47

molkman just PM'ed me, he said he'll take a look at the broken secret medal in CatGame. I say we should all put our hands together for him, since he's one of the few programmers who actually fix medals/bugs.

clap clap

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 09:49:27

At 3/8/11 04:50 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 3/8/11 03:03 AM, EdyKel wrote: I wouldn't worry about getting it for your main account. Most likely it will be deleted as an active medal by PS because it doesn't really work for everyone.
In the far far away future I gather. The admins aren't very quick to act on medal issues. I mean, the medal is still there! The game was submitted quite some time ago.

Yeah I don't like the fact that Fooliolo's idea actually works, but I don't blame him for trying to find a way to make a broken medal work. PsychoGoldfish is a hero for all that he has done for us medal freaks, but broken medals should be deleted earlier. Personally I don't really care about them that much because I check this thread almost every day, but for others it's just really frustrating to be addicted to a certain game, play it for hours and then don't get their reward (like PikaRobo on the last page). That said, it's a free site so I feel like an asshole if I'm saying that the admins should work a bit harder. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 10:50:22

At 3/8/11 09:49 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 3/8/11 04:50 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
Yeah I don't like the fact that Fooliolo's idea actually works, but I don't blame him for trying to find a way to make a broken medal work. PsychoGoldfish is a hero for all that he has done for us medal freaks, but broken medals should be deleted earlier. Personally I don't really care about them that much because I check this thread almost every day, but for others it's just really frustrating to be addicted to a certain game, play it for hours and then don't get their reward (like PikaRobo on the last page). That said, it's a free site so I feel like an asshole if I'm saying that the admins should work a bit harder. :P

Pretty much sums up my thoughts! But the next question I have: when did PG stop being fast on deleting bad medals?

Also, my computer knowledge has increased. It was a meaningful thought exercise for me, even though it was ridiculously inefficient time-wise.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 13:25:57

anyone knows how to get the secret medal in the game Snow White. Back To Life?

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 13:52:25

At 3/8/11 01:25 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: anyone knows how to get the secret medal in the game Snow White. Back To Life?

I know that you don't get it from clicking all the random links on the title page, viewing the entire instructions, dying with 0 points, or submitting your score (or submitting with 0 points). I don't think anybody's figured it out yet.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 13:59:34

At 3/8/11 01:52 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 3/8/11 01:25 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: anyone knows how to get the secret medal in the game Snow White. Back To Life?
I know that you don't get it from clicking all the random links on the title page, viewing the entire instructions, dying with 0 points, or submitting your score (or submitting with 0 points). I don't think anybody's figured it out yet.

You also don't get it for defeating the Queen before killing all her minions, or for clicking the links to share your score on Facebook or Twitter. Or for going straight to the final level.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 15:16:39

I PMed the creator of the game (gamezhero) about the secret medal and apparently you just need to get through the game normally and the medal should pop out at the end where it shows Snow White petting the bunny. Though I went through the game 3 times already and still no medal.

I PMed him back just a minute ago and now I'm just waiting for a response.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 21:49:43

*sigh* Just about the only games I haven't touched are brawlers and fighters. And I don't like those kinds of games, followed closely by sports games. Mind as well get started somewhere...

Anything I should keep in mind? Obviously if a tactic doesn't work, try something else.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 02:07:15

At 3/8/11 09:49 PM, Fooliolo wrote: *sigh* Just about the only games I haven't touched are brawlers and fighters. And I don't like those kinds of games, followed closely by sports games. Mind as well get started somewhere...

Anything I should keep in mind? Obviously if a tactic doesn't work, try something else.

Patience, patience, patience. I don't have the medals for a lot of fighters too, but I don't have the patience to do them. Take it slow, and you shouldn't have too much trouble fighting.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 09:30:25

gamezhero sent me a PM telling me he's reuploaded the Snow White game, so presumably the secret medal should work soon.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 09:51:03

For the people who want to get the Black Plague medal in Necrorun, it IS possible if you avoid getting (too many) combo's, and only focus on the trees, rocks, and the jumps. One more problem though, when you get to 'stage 9' (after the 8th knight) your spear somehow gets invisible. You can still hit enemies but you have to strike on feeling since you can't see what you're aiming at. I haven't got the medal yet, but I've killed 9 knights twice now, so I should have it soon enough.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 11:36:04

At 3/9/11 09:30 AM, DiMono wrote: gamezhero sent me a PM telling me he's reuploaded the Snow White game, so presumably the secret medal should work soon.

Dang. Reuploaded, but I still have the same problem with beating the first level, only to have the character disappear, the screen freeze (with only the music playing), and not able to move onto the next level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 11:50:09

Just gonna try again: does Echoes: Act 1 have any broken medals? I'm thinking about playing this game.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 12:15:53

At 3/9/11 11:50 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Just gonna try again: does Echoes: Act 1 have any broken medals? I'm thinking about playing this game.

As far as I know the only broken medal in the game is the second secret medal (Rage Quit) but the rest are fine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 12:20:21

At 3/9/11 11:36 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 3/9/11 09:30 AM, DiMono wrote: gamezhero sent me a PM telling me he's reuploaded the Snow White game, so presumably the secret medal should work soon.
Dang. Reuploaded, but I still have the same problem with beating the first level, only to have the character disappear, the screen freeze (with only the music playing), and not able to move onto the next level.

Have you tried switching browsers? I haven't had that problem at all, under FF 3.6.15

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 12:43:55

here tip for dadgame complete easy story click level select click ending 1 and you have story normal award done!

^private GRUESOMELOKO reporting for duty sir^

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 13:05:22

At 3/9/11 09:30 AM, DiMono wrote:
Have you tried switching browsers? I haven't had that problem at all, under FF 3.6.15

Yeah. I think it's my crummy computer, as a few other games don't seem to work right on it either.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-09 22:01:21

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 01:35:12

Alright so I'm messing around with The Gun Game and now I find myself stuck on the micro uzi speed challenge and the kar98k speed challenges. Anyone have any tips for the expert challenges that I mentioned?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 03:20:34

At 3/10/11 01:35 AM, cmw986 wrote: Alright so I'm messing around with The Gun Game and now I find myself stuck on the micro uzi speed challenge and the kar98k speed challenges. Anyone have any tips for the expert challenges that I mentioned?

If you have a sub-optimal computer, you're screwed. The faster the computer, the better your chances of success are.

Otherwise, keep trying.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 03:39:15

If you have a sub-optimal computer, you're screwed. The faster the computer, the better your chances of success are.

Otherwise, keep trying.

Alright I was about to change my post. I got the uzi and kar speed runs down but now I'm stuck on the shotguns speed challenges. Been watching videos of people doing it on youtube and it seems like its just plain luck with where the shells fall.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 05:07:17

Here's another broken medal:

The broken medal is 'Pacifist'. I'm 100% certain that I didn't kill any bots, not even from sentry guns.

Also, in Echoes, how do I get Yuki to rickroll me?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 05:43:16

At 3/10/11 05:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, in Echoes, how do I get Yuki to rickroll me?

An old post from Edykel:

Some tips on some of the medals for Echoes: Act 1

To get "Never Give Up", play survival 15 times. On the 15th match, Yuki will rick-roll you on the radio.

For "I'm Dues Ex Machima" you must survive 24 minutes in survival.

I don't know about the Pacifist medal. Tried it a few times but it never worked, but other people do have it, so it must be possible I guess..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 06:24:55

At 1/4/11 11:07 PM, EdyKel wrote: I'm going to say that the 200 streak medal in paranormal shark attack is unattainable at this point. Even when the game glitched for me, and I did not have to deal with the shark, I still wasn't able to obtain it because of this hiccup in the platform jumping mechanics. There occasionally comes up a place where you can't make a jump to a platform no matter how you approach it. It always involves an angular jump pad being too far away from a tall wooden platform. I always encounter it and it always breaks my streak. Along with the other glitches like still falling off the platforms, or the glitches with the angular jump pads that send you into the water, it makes getting this last medal impossible to get. And adding the shark to the mix only makes it doubly so.

I couldn't agree more and its a real shame because I really like the game paranormal shark activity but the glitches drive me insane. Every time I play it now i go for a 200 streak even though I know its all luck depending on getting the right order of platforms along with dodging the shark and being lucky enough not to slip off a platform for no reason during the 200 streak attempt, oh and while your concentrating so hard on that sometimes you forget entirely about the shark or worse you kill the shark with a bomb and his flashing dying body blocks your view of the platforms. I can't believe I even got a 100 streak but 200 is just insane. Perhaps its just my obsessiveness with wanting every medal but this 200 streak thing is not so much impossible as much as it is "unfair" might be a better word since you have to have the skill to do everything right and then the luck not to get screwed out of it in some way.

Overall its just a game lol. But damn I've wasted over 30 minutes of my life trying to get that 200 streak.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 06:35:50

Overall its just a game lol. But damn I've wasted over 30 minutes of my life trying to get that 200 streak.

Well how about this when the game first came out and it glitched all the time I got a 202 streak but sadly as my luck would have it it was not a medal then. Thats what I call tough cookies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 08:37:27

At 3/10/11 01:35 AM, cmw986 wrote: Alright so I'm messing around with The Gun Game and now I find myself stuck on the micro uzi speed challenge and the kar98k speed challenges. Anyone have any tips for the expert challenges that I mentioned?

Alright I give up after 7 hours trying to shave 1 second off my time using 3 different computers watching youtube videos of people doing it and feeling like I want to bang my head against the wall for the first time in my 20 odd years of gaming this is the first game that has beaten me

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-10 08:43:30

I'm playing this game because I have not finished yet and now I'm stuck at level 9, this level is a boss and I can not defeat him, even if I use the tanks to the boss they inflict very little about his life and me kills them in one shot, does anyone remember the strategy to overcome this level?

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature