00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,955 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 14:17:48

I gave some thought about the two games Reemus and Theia. If you could somehow get an astronomically old Flash version to get past Reemus, then I'll take it off the borked medals list. Theia on the other hand, probably requires a specific version of flash. I'm not about to dig around the dark recesses of the interwebs to find out which version(s) work and which ones don't. Unless someone else can do this successfully, or until the author fixes it, I'm not going to bother about its status, and I have a few medals left from that game.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 14:31:27

I just loaded up Theia and pointed it out to the developer, so hopefully he'll read that and act upon it. I don't feel like playing Reemus again to find out where it crashes, but if someone else does, send that developer a message about it and maybe he'll fix it too.

I was just about to ask if Theia saying you needed to upgrade your flash player was a bug. Thank you for pointing that out to the developer.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 15:32:04

At 3/6/11 02:31 PM, cmw986 wrote:
I just loaded up Theia and pointed it out to the developer, so hopefully he'll read that and act upon it. I don't feel like playing Reemus again to find out where it crashes, but if someone else does, send that developer a message about it and maybe he'll fix it too.
I was just about to ask if Theia saying you needed to upgrade your flash player was a bug. Thank you for pointing that out to the developer.

DiMono is good, DiMono is wise.

I also sent a message to The-EXP about the pipe minigame in the latest Shift offering, as well as the point values. I don't expect anything to come of that one though.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 20:37:45

At 3/6/11 02:17 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:23 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4038
0 pointers
When will these guys stop dumping retarded flashes on NG? Hell, (s)he is even worse than Blangaboy!

These people are way I've (pretty much) sworn not to bother with medals until they are approved and are worth points.

I still don't like the current medal API system. Just saying.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 20:56:24

These people are way I've (pretty much) sworn not to bother with medals until they are approved and are worth points.

I still don't like the current medal API system. Just saying.

I left a different Medal gaming site to come here. I like that most games have more then 1 or two badges and I like the games here more :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 21:54:41

I can't believe this. I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THIS!

I have been torturing myself with this piece of shit game for hours. When I finally got them all completed, the fucking medals didn't register. The resend button doesn't work, I tried and tried again. And I can't refresh the page because the designers thought by whatever they were thinking that it would be somehow more "challenging" to not save your data. It says it's saving, but doesn't do shit. THESE ARE ONE OF THE MOST PAIN-STAKING MEDALS TO EARN ON THE SITE. I FUCKING REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS AFTER THE NON-STOP HOURS I PUT INTO THIS! I WAS ON THE VERGE OF CARPAL TUNNEL. AND I COULDN'T STOP BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE BROWSER WOULD CRASH AND LOOSE EVERYTHING. This wouldn't be so bad if the game would learn to save the proper way. I can not explain how aggravated and pissed off I am. You have no idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-06 22:15:48

At 3/6/11 09:54 PM, PikaRobo wrote: rage

Um... the two medals that are broken are the ones for perfecting all levels, and you're right that they don't resend. However, the game saves just fine. If it's not saving for you, then I strongly suspect it's a problem on your end.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 01:58:20

If you truly detest such games, why didn't you use the walkthrough? It would take you max 30mins?

Medal bug aside, I thought the game was pretty good...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 11:05:51

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 11:44:13

At 3/7/11 11:05 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: 0 points for now
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4184

The medals are now visible and are worth points.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 11:46:43

At 3/7/11 11:44 AM, ixfd64 wrote:
The medals are now visible and are worth points.

And they're all secret. Oh joy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 11:50:23

That was quick, they're worth points now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 12:09:26

At 3/7/11 11:46 AM, DiMono wrote: And they're all secret. Oh joy.

I have them all. Though I have no clue where I got which medal.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 12:13:13

At 3/7/11 12:09 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

I got them all too. Ironically, since they're all secret, a medal walkthrough would be totally pointless, so people are going to have to check our profiles to see what's up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 12:28:03

At 3/7/11 12:13 PM, DiMono wrote: I got them all too. Ironically, since they're all secret, a medal walkthrough would be totally pointless, so people are going to have to check our profiles to see what's up.

Yeah, but since the descriptions of the medals are totally worthless, I think it'll just be a matter of trial and error.

By the way, I'm thinking of starting to play Echoes Act 1, but I first need to make sure if it has any broken medals. Anyone?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 12:41:16

At 3/7/11 12:28 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/7/11 12:13 PM, DiMono wrote: I got them all too. Ironically, since they're all secret, a medal walkthrough would be totally pointless, so people are going to have to check our profiles to see what's up.
Yeah, but since the descriptions of the medals are totally worthless, I think it'll just be a matter of trial and error.

And it doesn't take long to click on all the options, especially since for some dialogue, it doesn't matter what you say.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 13:19:50

At 3/7/11 12:09 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

I've also got all the medals, really easy!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 13:32:36

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 13:37:47

At 3/7/11 01:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Broken medal report:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7230
The medal "1001 Nights" is broken. See below.

unfortunately it is true, all the two medals that are worth 100 points in this game are broken.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 13:57:54

Not a hard game, but a hard one to do well at. I found it almost impossible to collect apples on level 2, for example, because I was constantly killing things to keep them from hurting me. No idea what the secret medal is.

Also, any idea what the medal for "All the super punches are performed" is about?

230/340 so far, but I may have to cut my losses at 305 if I don't get help on those two.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 14:32:03

At 3/7/11 01:57 PM, DiMono wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 3860
Not a hard game, but a hard one to do well at. I found it almost impossible to collect apples on level 2, for example, because I was constantly killing things to keep them from hurting me. No idea what the secret medal is.

Also, any idea what the medal for "All the super punches are performed" is about?

230/340 so far, but I may have to cut my losses at 305 if I don't get help on those two.

Well, I got the Fight Master medal, though I have no idea how. My best guess is that you have to use all the combos in a single round? I'm trying some things out for the secret medal, but so far no luck. If I succeed, it will appear on my profile, as all medals do.

Also, I finished the game very quickly my second time through, only died 5 times total, collected all apples, and my score was still under 13,000, compared against the top scores which are over 30,000. What the hell?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 15:49:04

At 3/7/11 01:58 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
If you truly detest such games, why didn't you use the walkthrough? It would take you max 30mins?

Medal bug aside, I thought the game was pretty good...

I DID use the walkthrough. The problem wasn't figuring it out, it was a pain in the ass to do it fast enough AND not fuck up.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 20:50:09

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 20:51:39

At 3/7/11 08:50 PM, sandwich-eater wrote: 11 secret medals.

Sorry, didn't see it was already posted.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 22:27:09

Because I like the quotes from STREEMERZ, I shall use them to present my findings, simply thus:

"This [medal] isn't worth it I suggest you ignore it. Find something better to do."

18 hours later...

"I got [100 medal points]."

"Was it worth it?"

"No."

TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo. At least, not for now. Also, I do not want to play this game again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 22:44:18

TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo. At least, not for now. Also, I do not want to play this game again.

I'm one race away from it thanks for the idea!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-07 22:53:45

At 3/7/11 10:27 PM, Fooliolo wrote: TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo. At least, not for now. Also, I do not want to play this game again.

See, I don't think it should be a problem doing what you're doing. You're not cheating, you're applying a workaround based in the existing code. You're spending more time to get the medal, not less. I think it should be considered a valid strategy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 00:00:28

At 3/6/11 08:56 PM, cmw986 wrote: I left a different Medal gaming site to come here. I like that most games have more then 1 or two badges and I like the games here more :)

So you mean Kongregate? Their achievements are called badges.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 00:34:31

At 3/7/11 10:27 PM, Fooliolo wrote: TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo.

If you ever want that medal on your main account, I hope for your sake that you backed up your .sol just before your last battle...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-08 00:44:38

At 3/8/11 12:34 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 3/7/11 10:27 PM, Fooliolo wrote: TheGreatPrime1 is my test account for this medal. You will not find it on my main account Fooliolo.
If you ever want that medal on your main account, I hope for your sake that you backed up your .sol just before your last battle...

No way in fking hell am I going without a backup after 10+ hours of work; ever since the Medieval Rampage fiasco it has made me rage.