00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LuckyCheshire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,643,804 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 10:54:58

At 1/3/10 05:58 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 1/2/10 07:56 PM, DigDogy wrote:

Well there's always the strategy to stay in the air by hopping from block to block.
Yeah, but you can get squished in mid-air for no reason thanks to that annoying-ass bug...

Yeahh that really turned me off from going after the ninja medal. I suppose the programmer still refuses to work on it?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 12:50:49

At 1/3/10 08:46 AM, KingExodus wrote: Clesure, I got a new laptop will that cure the problem?

As Sonik said, it should work as long as the saved game data is NOT on the computer you are using. (Your PC holds the save data for flash games, not NG) If the file on your PC says you've completed a portion of the game, you've done it. Period. You'd either have to search through your .swf files (not sure of the directory off the top of my head, but I'll help you look for them if you need me to) that Adobe saves to your PC and delete the one for Dragon Boy, or play on a PC without Dragon Boy save data on it.

Let me know if you have questions/need help. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 14:28:22

By the way guys, thanks to you, I figured out how to get the 10x combo medal on Tetraform (just haven't been able to get it yet). With those ships that shoot out only the time bombs, you need to drag the bomb to the ship RIGHT before it blows. The highest I got from this was a 9x (FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-) but I know that's the way to do it. But one thing is sure, this game NEEDS a save function...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 14:49:12

At 1/1/10 01:42 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Beat Tetraform twice now. Each time there has been 1 missle left, and I didn't get the medal. 5 points is not worth trying again.

I got mine out of pure freakin luck (I didn't know one was off screen).

I don't get the fact that if you make a nearly impossible medal and give it only 5 points, whats the point of even having it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 17:42:42

Wow what is halloween mode in portal defenders and how do I use it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 18:14:47

At 1/3/10 05:42 PM, Tominater12 wrote: Wow what is halloween mode in portal defenders and how do I use it?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you get it by finishing the game with Halloween mode on..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 19:16:49

At 1/3/10 06:14 PM, Zoljix wrote:
At 1/3/10 05:42 PM, Tominater12 wrote: Wow what is halloween mode in portal defenders and how do I use it?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you get it by finishing the game with Halloween mode on..

How could beating the game in Halloween mode unlock Halloween mode? Read what he's saying lol.

Halloween mode is a mode you can activate in portal defenders, where the characters are a bit different. The game play is the same, and if you beat the game in this mode, you can unlock a medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 23:30:27

At 1/3/10 07:16 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
How could beating the game in Halloween mode unlock Halloween mode? Read what he's saying lol.

Halloween mode is a mode you can activate in portal defenders, where the characters are a bit different. The game play is the same, and if you beat the game in this mode, you can unlock a medal.

Yeah, it's always there. I am not quite sure how to turn it on and off, unless they changed it to something more visible, but I got the medal for turning it on the first day it came out. I can't seem to beat the game even though I have 21k medal points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-03 23:56:54

At 1/3/10 02:28 PM, LDAF wrote: But one thing is sure, this game NEEDS a save function...

Agreed.
This would make the game SO much easier, save us time and energy, thus making us rage less about it..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 03:49:07

At 1/3/10 11:30 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote:
At 1/3/10 07:16 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

Yeah, it's always there. I am not quite sure how to turn it on and off, unless they changed it to something more visible, but I got the medal for turning it on the first day it came out. I can't seem to beat the game even though I have 21k medal points.

To turn halloween mode on and off in Portal Defenders, input the Konami Code partially (up up down down left right left right) at the loading screen BEFORE you push "PLAY"

You will see green check marks on one of the screens in the background if you are doing it correctly

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 15:16:02

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 15:17:15

as i logged in this day immediately i checked the medal list to see if there was a new game and i didnt get disappointed new game!!!

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 15:18:46

shit!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 16:35:13

Great game. I wish there was a hard mode because after level 30, I never even got hit.

I'm going to post a couple tips on my page if anybody needs help with it.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 16:42:32

How come I can't get "FREEMAN" medal?? I finished a level just by killing zombies with the crowbar, but nothing.. No medal.. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 16:48:05

Has to be the big zombie. Check my tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 17:29:29

the 1000 zombie kill medal is glitched for me i have more than 1000 kills and no medal

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 17:49:43

At 1/4/10 05:29 PM, hhahahahahha wrote:
the 1000 zombie kill medal is glitched for me i have more than 1000 kills and no medal

got it i I had to restart the whole game

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 17:56:25

Game is weaksauce.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 17:58:06

Oh and ignore me when I said Dragon boy was broken I got MA on level 49.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 18:01:00

Kinda lame.. Got almost all medals in the new game except the 10 zombies with one barrel one.. All of the other ones were too fast.. Hope another game with medals is coming really soon!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 18:04:23

I haven't farmed medals for almost a year, but seeing as I'll be returning to the site I might try to catch up with the crowd soon. Obviously, I'll never be a contender for top-20ish again but I might get at least a decent amount sometime. I'm going to start with 'Another Small Favor'.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 18:34:22

http://waynerz99.newgrounds.com/news/pos t/423470

Finished my guide for the game. Still unsure for the boom medal, as I don't think anybody has it at this time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 18:48:05

At 1/4/10 06:04 PM, mwmike wrote: I haven't farmed medals for almost a year, but seeing as I'll be returning to the site I might try to catch up with the crowd soon. Obviously, I'll never be a contender for top-20ish again but I might get at least a decent amount sometime. I'm going to start with 'Another Small Favor'.

Sure, use my medal guide.. :) It's the one that's not the official one, on Wylo's list..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 18:53:27

I think the trick is to maximize the amount of ribcage zombies on the screen by thinning out the herd and running . They die by a single barrel without being weakened. I did it once on level 18, but there is a chance I killed one shooting at the barrel.

Will keep trying, hope it's not broken

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 19:04:04

At 1/4/10 06:53 PM, junkzm3 wrote: I think the trick is to maximize the amount of ribcage zombies on the screen by thinning out the herd and running . They die by a single barrel without being weakened. I did it once on level 18, but there is a chance I killed one shooting at the barrel.

Will keep trying, hope it's not broken

The ribcage ones get stronger after level 18 , so a barrel no longer kills them instantly, takes their health down to a single tick

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 19:24:13

So basically what your saying is don't beat level 18 unless you get that medal. Or else your pretty much going to have to restart.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 19:29:50

At 1/4/10 07:24 PM, waynerz99 wrote: So basically what your saying is don't beat level 18 unless you get that medal. Or else your pretty much going to have to restart.

In theory it would be easiest

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-04 23:50:42

Well, i'm not going to try it until it's proved to work. I'm sure it wouldn't take more then a half hour or so of trying, but i'd rather put that half hour into the last ching chong medal. Only a few away

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-01-05 00:07:46

At 1/4/10 11:50 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Well, i'm not going to try it until it's proved to work. I'm sure it wouldn't take more then a half hour or so of trying, but i'd rather put that half hour into the last ching chong medal. Only a few away

This time I'm almost positive I killed all 10 with a single barrel, but no medal.
Won't try again until someone else has it.