00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiwi023 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,657,143 Views | 29,801 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-18 15:29:44

Drop Dead 3

Can anybody help me with Unlocked brains medal? I have seen youtube video but when I try did not work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-18 15:51:46

At 5/18/11 03:29 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Drop Dead 3

Can anybody help me with Unlocked brains medal? I have seen youtube video but when I try did not work.

I think I used the demon character to get it, since any part of it burns burnable objects.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-18 20:00:20

At 5/18/11 02:21 PM, Hacsev wrote:
At 5/18/11 09:03 AM, DiMono wrote: Huh? Then how can there possibly be three non-quiz frames? There's the loading frame, then 20 questions, then the results frame, and then the credits. If the loading frame and the results frame are counted as part of the quiz, that leaves one frame, not three.
I never said the load screen nor the credits were part of the quiz. You might wanna check out either of those 2 frames for that medal. The medal is in the flash, I did not file-swapped it just to get it for my self. I wouldn't do such a cruel thing.

Is'nt it such a cute little medal. And truly Hacsev would'nt do such a cruel thing, trust me he's one of the good guys, I know. And in all honesty its not that hard to find, especially with the awesome hints Hacsev given you. You just need to be a little adventurous in your searching. Spoiler Alert. All you need to do is %#^$&*@( (#&$^%#^#& then %^$#((&^@%#&* and bingo, Weebl Medal, its that easy. Its as easy as the Sailor Moon medal, really it is, and they both fit so well in my slowly growing collection. Anywayz, Happy Hunting, Medal Fiends.

PS: Dont bother PM'ing me for how to get it. I made a promise to a friend that I intend to keep.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-18 23:37:15

At 5/18/11 10:57 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: I achived all the medals for REIMAGINE :the game: and I dont get the one medal at the end where you play as everybody.

Maybe you didn't do it all on one computer on one save file?

If you've definitely gotten all the medals in one sitting, then something's wrong. Otherwise, I advise trying again. It only takes about 30 minutes to do the whole thing anyways.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 00:17:56

At 5/18/11 10:57 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: I achived all the medals for REIMAGINE :the game: and I dont get the one medal at the end where you play as everybody.

You mean the achievement you get for unlocking everything? If so, go to the achievement screen, and anything that has a plain white star you have to re-do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 01:15:37

hey anyone know whats up with Wylina? She hasnt updated the medal list since Kaboom-bot. does anyone know something about this?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 01:28:35

Theia has a few glitches now. Specifically, you can walk through certain obstacles (notably the small black stalagmites). And if you inputted a password, entered the level, then repeatedly die, your score goes up. I didn't bother to reproduce the latter, but it's just what I found.

The unlimited score glitch is slower than just beating the game to get the God Score medal though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 08:43:59

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 08:53:30

At 5/18/11 02:21 PM, Hacsev wrote:
At 5/18/11 09:03 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 5/17/11 08:27 PM, Hacsev wrote:
At 5/17/11 06:36 PM, Fooliolo wrote: You might have also forgotten about the loading screen and/or the final score screen.
I'm counting those frames as part of the quiz so it really should be easy for you guys to find it.
Huh? Then how can there possibly be three non-quiz frames? There's the loading frame, then 20 questions, then the results frame, and then the credits. If the loading frame and the results frame are counted as part of the quiz, that leaves one frame, not three.
I never said the load screen nor the credits were part of the quiz.

I feel like nitpicking; don't take this post too seriously.

Actually, that's almost exactly what you said. Fooliolo said:
"You might have also forgotten about the loading screen and/or the final score screen."

and then you said:
"I'm counting those frames as part of the quiz"

So... yeah. Take that.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 09:10:12

At 5/19/11 06:33 AM, skiller12 wrote: Castaway 2 has 7 medals.

Yeah I guess so. You can get 4 of them within the first hour of playing, and 1 within 2 hours. The other 2 are right at the end of the game. Kinda weird there is no medal for completing all quests or something along those lines. Also, the final boss is WAY too easy, I came prepared with like 20 healing potions, but I don't think I got hit once. :P

Nice game though!

New medal games please!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 09:11:05

At 5/19/11 08:53 AM, DiMono wrote: I feel like nitpicking; don't take this post too seriously.

Actually, that's almost exactly what you said. Fooliolo said:
"You might have also forgotten about the loading screen and/or the final score screen."

and then you said:
"I'm counting those frames as part of the quiz"

So... yeah. Take that.

Yeah, because I thought it was a frame which I believe has been deleted that said "Loading Results". Sorry if you mistook it as the preloader though.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 10:31:20

At 5/19/11 09:20 AM, Alex12345269 wrote: I cannot find that Weebl medal for the life of me. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of [ . . . ]. If I ever do find out what it is, it's probably going to be something simple and well hidden, and I'm going to rage.

Go to the credits screen and type anus.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 11:06:39

At 5/19/11 10:31 AM, DiMono wrote: Go to the credits screen and type anus.

I tried and do not work, however the medals in this game are now visible.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 11:31:52

At 5/19/11 11:06 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
I tried and do not work, however the medals in this game are now visible.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 0171

Well that sucks a bit. Finally there's a new game with medals worth points, and it's the one game I decided to play while waiting for a new game with medals worth points. :P

At 5/19/11 09:20 AM, Alex12345269 wrote: I cannot find that Weebl medal for the life of me. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of.

Ha. Yeah that's not gonna happen to me again after that Sailor Moon medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 11:51:03

I tried and do not work

I never said it would do anything, I just wanted him to do it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 20:56:36

At 5/19/11 11:51 AM, DiMono wrote:
I tried and do not work

Here's my last hint:

The secret button can only be found on the Preloader screen.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 21:18:45

Secret button eh. I feel like I wasted hundreds of clicks in every possible spot. Is it like one pixel big?

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 21:26:04

At 5/19/11 09:18 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Secret button eh. I feel like I wasted hundreds of clicks in every possible spot. Is it like one pixel big?

Nah waynerz99, it's a little bigger than the "flash" mini icons I put on the preloader.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-19 22:29:59

At 5/19/11 11:51 AM, DiMono wrote:
I tried and do not work

I just got it! Yeyz I guess.

PS: I don't believe the whistle quiz game will ever get its medals approved because of its "controversial" nature. Not even if its authored by someone with a deity whistle.

Castaway 2 got stuck while I was attempting to screw around with crafting and whatnot. Specifically, I tried to combine a tier 3 plate with some reinforced shop armor. Didn't work xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-20 00:51:00

At 5/19/11 10:29 PM, Fooliolo wrote: PS: I don't believe the whistle quiz game will ever get its medals approved because of its "controversial" nature. Not even if its authored by someone with a deity whistle.

Because it's a quiz game and quiz games are made easily and they aren't what medals are for.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-20 01:20:32

At 5/19/11 10:29 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
Castaway 2 got stuck while I was attempting to screw around with crafting and whatnot. Specifically, I tried to combine a tier 3 plate with some reinforced shop armor. Didn't work xD

Yeah, it pretty limited. You can find the combinations here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-20 22:59:29

At 5/20/11 01:20 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Great link. Combinations were not much help, but opening the map in a new tab was a great help. I'm really enjoying this game. It's much longer than I thought it would be. Up to level 19 and I think I only have 3/4 more bosses left. I wish there were more medals though, similar to EBF3.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-21 06:12:08

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-21 12:15:52

At 5/20/11 10:59 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
Great link. Combinations were not much help, but opening the map in a new tab was a great help. I'm really enjoying this game. It's much longer than I thought it would be. Up to level 19 and I think I only have 3/4 more bosses left. I wish there were more medals though, similar to EBF3.

They're not much, but I found them helpful. Now if I can find out what sturdy lumber, or gold globe, are for....

I kinda wish there were more medals to for it, to. They just feel very basic, in term of medals. I was kinda hoping there would be a medal for completing all the side quests, or finding all the statues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-21 12:17:50

At 5/21/11 06:12 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in this game to me the medals are not working, someone has the same problem?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 7950

I got as far as unlocking the first world and didn't receive the medal for it. I'm going to wait till the author fixes it before playing it again - if he fixes it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-21 13:50:04

At 5/21/11 12:15 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 5/20/11 10:59 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
They're not much, but I found them helpful. Now if I can find out what sturdy lumber, or gold globe, are for....

I kinda wish there were more medals to for it, to. They just feel very basic, in term of medals. I was kinda hoping there would be a medal for completing all the side quests, or finding all the statues.

Some people, including the author, have got them to work. We've exchanged numerous pm's on fixing it and he even started a thread in which he posted code from the game, asking for help on how to fix it.

Also, from one of the comments in your link:

the solid scale, treated leather, and sturdy lumber are for selling, you get 200 gold each. I don't think the gold globe is for anything, but gold ingots are used to make gold stars, which is a quest I just unlocked. I haven't seen any gold yet though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-22 11:12:51

At 5/19/11 01:15 AM, Lionel738 wrote: hey anyone know whats up with Wylina? She hasnt updated the medal list since Kaboom-bot. does anyone know something about this?

I think it's getting kind of useless now, since nobody makes guides anymore. The games now are way too easy, except for the secret medals, and if anybody has a question, they just ask it in this thread.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-22 13:35:56

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-22 14:18:16

At 5/22/11 01:35 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: this game has one medal that is worth 25 points, but it seems fake.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 0494

Maybe the author will put NG medals to this game soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-22 15:44:32

We're testing out the new Medals API. just fixed something it should work now. Let me know if not

This is in regard to the Wrath of God game btw

None

BBS Signature