00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,657,197 Views | 29,802 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 18:40:29

At 7/6/09 05:55 PM, Another-User wrote:
At 7/6/09 05:51 PM, PiGPEN wrote: Reap what you sow cheater!
Yeah, I have serious doubts that anyone without the 127 deaths medal is going to complete the game. I'm at about 400 here and I'm about 60% of the way through.
But in all seriousness, I think I finally get what Pig is saying about "Appealing to the hardcore crowd", as I, an avid fan of games like Touhou, would love it if a game similar to it came out with medals. Most people would probably have a heart attack and die on the first level. >.>

the 127 deaths medal doesnt work. :/ But, yes that was a joke. I find it hilarious that the game is so damn hard so I just couldn't resist posting a screenshot when the game glitched up for me. Of course Wylo is going to HAVE to ge that medal.. God help him and his medal addiction.

I did manage to get halfway there though, and after realizing how freaking hard it is after that point... i just said forget it. So as a joke I took a screen shot of the ending because the game glitched up very oddly and started playing all the frames. *I dont think it loaded correctly on my MAC or something*

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 18:42:03

I need to learn to never use sarcasm online. :/

Most don't get a sarcastic joke because its not really... taken to be a joke.

Sorry lol :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 18:47:37

Has anyone actually beat it legitimately yet? If not, what is the farthest anyone has gotten?
http://wayne.newgrounds.com/

He also got the 127 deaths after he beat the game.

Good god. He must be familiar with "I want To Be The Guy"

Now THAT game is harder than this... waaayyyy harder. 7 levels 3 times as harder... :|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 18:54:28

At 7/6/09 06:44 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: http://wayne.newgrounds.com/

The fact the author has accused him of cheating due to him being on a place that's impossible to get to, and he was playing in in .swf format instead of on his browser = cheating.
Evidence link.

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 19:31:44

At 7/6/09 06:54 PM, Another-User wrote:
At 7/6/09 06:44 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: http://wayne.newgrounds.com/

The fact the author has accused him of cheating due to him being on a place that's impossible to get to, and he was playing in in .swf format instead of on his browser = cheating.
Evidence link.

Yeah he stretched the resolution of the game. you shouldn't even be able to see up there. you can't jump up there. he probably changed a few variables around to get him to the end with a decompiler of sorts. but that boss is legit

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 21:31:13

Yay, there is a God!
Great job Matt, despite the fact it's a demo, I'll likely being playing it for a while, as I need a break from Lastman.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 21:31:38

Another glitch I found. The teleporting ceiling doesn't always teleport you to the bottom. Extremely rare, happened to me twice out of quite a few hours of playing. Not even sure its reproducible. I think it has to do with the sign in the pic not loading. After that point, none of the ceilings warp and I can continue through the game. Makes some of the later parts easier as you can skip a couple parts.

At 7/6/09 03:04 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Should some of us chip in and assist Wylina in making a separate newspost for Windows/Mac/Firefox/IE/Lynx methods of rectifying such situations? Or has that been done and I overlooked it?

I would think as long as you don't block NGAds and don't block Flash from connecting to the internet, it should work. Oh, and keep Flash updated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 21:36:30

Thing is though, Wylo, I've seen plenty a'thread where people have exhausted such suggestions, only to leave us going "well, what's your modem like? router? firewall?" and etc when they're logged in, ads aren't blocked, have tried popups, and etc.
Was just wondering what other possibilities there could be even for those tech-savvy medal whores that seem to fall prey to apparently unglitched games.

Also, why is there a quick animation of the curbstomp scene from American History X in Stamper's Quest for Fags? :3

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 21:52:26

Loaded up Lastman and got this,WTF?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 22:01:20

stop stealing his game pal

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 22:05:35

At 7/6/09 10:01 PM, life wrote: stop stealing his game pal

How?!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 23:29:09

I beat Runes of Shalak but didn't get the medals and I should have them all! I had this problem with many games already! Why do Newgrounds have non-working medals anyway?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-06 23:48:33

At 7/6/09 11:29 PM, Flaxo wrote: I beat Runes of Shalak but didn't get the medals and I should have them all! I had this problem with many games already! Why do Newgrounds have non-working medals anyway?

The medals for that game work just fine. Next time you play a game, right when you unlock a medal check your profile in another window/tab to see if you unlocked it.

If not, then wait 30 minutes and try again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 00:00:19

At 7/6/09 09:31 PM, Another-User wrote: Yay, there is a God!
Great job Matt, despite the fact it's a demo, I'll likely being playing it for a while, as I need a break from Lastman.

Lol holy shit how many swords does the protagonitst have?
Awesome!
See guys, that game could be challenging and fun...
Also, is it true that you can't get the medal after a certain number of deaths?
If this is true..well, screw this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 00:38:32

I am writing a EBF2 walkthrough...it is obviosuly rough and unfinished, but hey, so is the game ;)
Anyone wanting to help is welcome to do it, and yes, he will be credited.
RIght now l am making a list of all the attacks and abilities...there isn't much to say about enemies :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 00:44:08

At 7/7/09 12:38 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I am writing a EBF2 walkthrough...it is obviosuly rough and unfinished, but hey, so is the game ;)
Anyone wanting to help is welcome to do it, and yes, he will be credited.
RIght now l am making a list of all the attacks and abilities...there isn't much to say about enemies :P

I wouldn't, Matt has already stated that the abilities at this stage are broken, so I'm assuming he will be drastically changing a lot of them soon.
Also, I've noticed freezing doesn't seem to actually do anything, but I do love the various ability upgrades. It's too bad that sometimes my favorite ones refuse to appear when choosing the skills. =P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 00:54:12

At 7/7/09 12:44 AM, Another-User wrote: Also, I've noticed freezing doesn't seem to actually do anything,

It appears the cats weren't pleased by me saying this, and froze me and the game skipped the fighter's turn like it was supposed to. Now unfortunately, the mage was a tad dead, so the next turn I got owned.
I have no idea how to replicate the bug were I could still make a move while frozen, but if it happens again I'll take a screenshot. Lastly, a replay button would be helpful. =P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 02:07:12

Dear people who are complaining about Lastman being too hard,

Medals are supposed to be hard. Otherwise everyone would have them. That's kind of the point: to set aside those who dedicate the time required to get good at a game by giving them a nice shiny award. Whether the difficulty is enjoyable is subjective, and what you don't enjoy doing, others might actually enjoy quite a bit.

So stop your bitching.

Love,

The guy who's pissed off that he died 127 times, got the Medal Get in-game, and didn't get the medal on NG, and now has to find and delete the .sol file so he can try it again later since it's unlikely he'll be awarded the medal otherwise, what with it keeping a running tally and what with me having already reached number 127, so now it's going to count higher than 127 and I'm screwed if I don't reset it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 04:27:37

i agree... some medals should be challenging and some medals should be easy to please the people out there who cant seem to get any...

i have no problem with last man... its medal games such as OCD+ and medal games with immposible or complete luck based medals such as sperm rider and drop the bomb... (which i still havent figured a way of getting the last three >:( )

last man is simmilar to alkie kong 2 on brutel in my eyes... its hard yes but its for the people who want a challenge... if you want the medal THAT bad... go talk to that dftgdfdgddlol guy

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 04:48:59

HedgeHog Launch 2 should have medals. only because I am good at that game

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 05:11:36

At 7/7/09 04:48 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: HedgeHog Launch 2 should have medals. only because I am good at that game

thats not how the medal system works :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 05:13:34

At 7/7/09 04:48 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: HedgeHog Launch 2 should have medals. only because I am good at that game

Did somebody say Hedgehog launch 2?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 08:49:40

At 7/7/09 12:44 AM, Another-User wrote:
I wouldn't, Matt has already stated that the abilities at this stage are broken, so I'm assuming he will be drastically changing a lot of them soon.

Who cares, l'll edit my WK.
By the way, l finished my pre-walkthrough, now l listed all the abilities, swords, summons etc.
Go check it out and tell me if l got something wrong.

Also, l agree, Hedgehog Launch 2 should have medals...but how can you beat the game in just 3 days?
Epic luck?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 09:57:15

Does anybody knows how to defeat the guy in the train(second medal) in the game Sonny 2 without using your teamates?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 10:33:27

At 7/7/09 10:29 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote:
At 7/7/09 09:57 AM, Angrylord wrote: Does anybody knows how to defeat the guy in the train(second medal) in the game Sonny 2 without using your teamates?
Helpful linkie

Anyways, I have finally gotten the human test subject medal, I actually feel pretty good. It means I don't have to deal with that 'game' anymore... I am semi-free for now.

Yay.

I mean that my teamates always attack or heal so how can I beat him without any help of my teamates

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 10:58:43

What the.....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 11:15:41

At 7/7/09 05:13 AM, Another-User wrote:

Dude, if you're going to compete on score, you need to do it on the same game. Incidentally, I'm leaving my game paused and will be coming back to it later today to see if I can break 1,000,000 ft elevation.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 13:44:14

At 7/7/09 11:15 AM, chris-marks wrote:
At 7/7/09 05:13 AM, Another-User wrote:
Dude, if you're going to compete on score, you need to do it on the same game. Incidentally, I'm leaving my game paused and will be coming back to it later today to see if I can break 1,000,000 ft elevation.

I've made it to 500k, and I think it's obvious that getting to 500k proves I can make it to 1M so I'm going to stop; it's very time consuming and I have things to do. So instead I've set my dude on a very low trajectory to the right and I'm just going to see how long it takes him to reach the ground. So far it's been 5 minutes and he's descended about 45k ft.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 14:16:01

At 7/7/09 02:12 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Exactly why has this turned into hedgehog launch 2 discussion?

dont know... mabey people have lost their minds from playing medal games?.. who knows... all i know is i havent played it and dont want to... hedgehogs have been over used... like that blue one.. um... sum-nick teh bedhog?... who knows... anway... i want to see some vid footage AFTER where piggy pen dropped... i want to see what to do next... iv gotten up to the bits with the rockets but want to see what to do next... :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-07 14:50:18

At 7/7/09 02:16 PM, LegolaSS wrote: ... i want to see some vid footage AFTER where piggy pen dropped... i want to see what to do next... iv gotten up to the bits with the rockets but want to see what to do next... :P

I don't have footage, but I've gotten past that part. Once you get to the crumbling blocks, you're at a fairly easy part that only requires you to run forward and jump a couple times, while dodging a couple rockets. After that, you get to another enemy swarm with an armadillo to kick, but there is a spring that prevents it from hitting all the enemies. I'm hoping its the same spring shown in Wayne's boss screenshot. I have no idea how to fight the boss though....

When someone records gameplay video on Newgrounds (like PiGPEN's "walkthrough"), what program do they use? If I were to try a video walkthrough, what would I use?