00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,637,218 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 18:19:09

...or you could buy a normal controller.
Anyway, got all medals except the one that requires you to find all bonus stuff (gonna scan all the levels now), the 100,000$ dollars one and krapped on...
What a nice game, it didn't make me RAGE for a single minute...

I don't have a PS3 and that thingy only costs like $5.

Anyyyyway I am missing the same medals. Gonna do em tomorrow I guess.

Personally I preferred Hoverbot Arena and Medieval Rampage, but this ain't too bad either.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 19:07:31

Ugh, l scanned all the levels, it took me at least one hour, and still l haven't found all the bonus stuff....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 19:10:43

At 12/2/09 07:07 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Ugh, l scanned all the levels, it took me at least one hour, and still l haven't found all the bonus stuff....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yeah, I did the same. There must be some hidden stuff hidden somewhere......or maybe the medal is just broken. hmm.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 19:20:00

At 12/2/09 07:07 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Ugh, l scanned all the levels, it took me at least one hour, and still l haven't found all the bonus stuff....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The same thing for me......is this medal broken?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 19:31:47

At 12/2/09 11:18 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote: got all of the medals but Kash Kow and Kustomized.
i don't know if Kash Kow is cummulative at once or all-time money, and i can't find the rest of the unlockables.

Kash Kow is all at once :(

yeah, I replayed every single level and didn't find it... at least it got me kash kow - although partly because I hadn't upgraded my armor, jets, or front until after I had gotten it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 20:03:28

At 12/2/09 07:31 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 12/2/09 11:18 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote: got all of the medals but Kash Kow and Kustomized.
i don't know if Kash Kow is cummulative at once or all-time money, and i can't find the rest of the unlockables.
Kash Kow is all at once :(

An easy way to get Kash Kow is to sell all your upgrades and then buy them back....of course you must have some 30-40 thousand dollars before you do it...also, if so many people can't get the Kustomised medal, it means that it's broken...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 20:09:00

At 12/2/09 07:10 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
Yeah, I did the same. There must be some hidden stuff hidden somewhere......or maybe the medal is just broken. hmm.

Yeah I've done every level twice now and there is 100% nothing left lying around. Could be a programming error I think. If you noticed in one of the racing levels, there are people placed inside the building that you cant kill. I don't think the positions are randomized, so maybe he just laid out the room improperly.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 20:25:47

I know that nobody here needs one, but l did it for the lulz...
TKK2 (semi) walkthrough

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 22:36:10

At 12/2/09 08:09 PM, waynerz99 wrote: If you noticed in one of the racing levels, there are people placed inside the building that you cant kill.

That's near the end, right? I killed them with missiles. It has a large explosion radius, so I was able to kill 'em, even though they don't go through the house, hitting the side and sploedy radius took care of that.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-02 22:51:55

At 12/2/09 10:36 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 12/2/09 08:09 PM, waynerz99 wrote: If you noticed in one of the racing levels, there are people placed inside the building that you cant kill.
That's near the end, right? I killed them with missiles. It has a large explosion radius, so I was able to kill 'em, even though they don't go through the house, hitting the side and sploedy radius took care of that.

Some of em were way too far in the middle of the building for me. I couldn't get like one of them I think.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 02:05:28

At 12/2/09 10:51 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Some of em were way too far in the middle of the building for me. I couldn't get like one of them I think.

Yeah, there was one guy stuck in the middle of a building, just trying to move towards me but not being able to do it...hmm, l'll PM Jazza to see what's wrong with the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 02:31:37

At 12/3/09 02:05 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 12/2/09 10:51 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Some of em were way too far in the middle of the building for me. I couldn't get like one of them I think.
Yeah, there was one guy stuck in the middle of a building, just trying to move towards me but not being able to do it...hmm, l'll PM Jazza to see what's wrong with the medal.

Yea do that, cause it didn't work for me either, I'm pretty sure I have everything. What I haven't tried yet is getting ALL the upgrades bought, maybe that would do the trick...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 03:11:12

At 12/3/09 02:31 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea do that, cause it didn't work for me either, I'm pretty sure I have everything. What I haven't tried yet is getting ALL the upgrades bought, maybe that would do the trick...

Tried it just now and it doesn't work. Farming the first boss is really easy, takes only a few seconds and you get 2k.

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 03:40:19

At 12/3/09 02:31 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea do that, cause it didn't work for me either, I'm pretty sure I have everything. What I haven't tried yet is getting ALL the upgrades bought, maybe that would do the trick...

Nope, l tried that...doesn't work.
I sent the PM to Jazza, hopefully he'll read it soon.
Now, l know that this is pretty unrelated, but l started playing time fcuk and checked out the guide...l played through roughly 30 levels, and out of them only 6 were included in the guide....wtf?That's why l like video walkthroughs :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 04:38:52

At 12/3/09 03:40 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Nope, l tried that...doesn't work.
I sent the PM to Jazza, hopefully he'll read it soon.
Now, l know that this is pretty unrelated, but l started playing time fcuk and checked out the guide...l played through roughly 30 levels, and out of them only 6 were included in the guide....wtf?That's why l like video walkthroughs :(

Ya, I've had complaints about that guide too. The problem with Time Fcuk is that the levels are not always the same for each playthrough. I may make a more appropriate guide/supplement for it in the future. As well as the Applez guide which is not so great when it comes to explaining each level. But don't be expecting them anytime soon. I think there's another game that has a low quality guide for it, but I can't remember right now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 04:46:03

At 12/3/09 04:38 AM, Wylo wrote:
Ya, I've had complaints about that guide too. The problem with Time Fcuk is that the levels are not always the same for each playthrough. I may make a more appropriate guide/supplement for it in the future. As well as the Applez guide which is not so great when it comes to explaining each level. But don't be expecting them anytime soon. I think there's another game that has a low quality guide for it, but I can't remember right now.

Ugh...random levels for each playthrough?Well, that sucks, but still, you could just include every level....the thing is, you have to FIND them first, and that's not gonna be easy...l might help you with some of the levels, but l haven't finished the game yet...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 06:19:48

I can also confirm the kustomized medal is broken, and upgrading everything doesn't work.

That was a good 4-to-5 hours of good gaming. I had no problems beating it at all with upgrading the guns and missiles first, then the exhaust for the races, then everything else.

Farming with one hand while you multitask is also very easy to do on every boss except for the last one.

Also, after staying up all night last night playing monstertime, i can honestly say I haven't gotten that pissed at a game since Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance on brutal.
That 200k medal will def. be one to flaunt if you got it. The closest I came was 160k.

I don't think a video guide will really work for monstertime, because the monsters don't always go in the same direction, insert chaos theory and you've got a few problems. I could be wrong, i dunno, I'd just hate for someone to waste that much time, and probably go through the same rage for almost nothing.

I wish I could get my missing medal list smaller. I recommend you make one if your in the top and you got enough spare time, because it makes achieving the ones you dont have yet that much better. lol.

Time to pack a bowl and call it a night.

Happy gaming/medal hunting.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 07:29:31

kustomised medal is broken i finished the game i played all the levels again then i started a new game and i finished again and no medal

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 08:49:02

quick Monster Time! note:
anyone else noticed that some monsters are faster than others?
for example (you may notice this on level 1), Freddy is faster than Myers, and Jason is the slowest.
just in case.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 09:47:17

I've updated the Applez guide with step by step walkthroughs of each level, as well as better strategies for level 7 and for getting the first secret area on level 5. If there's anything else I'm missing, or someone does a video walkthrough, let me know and I'll update the walkthrough accordingly.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 10:28:30

For monster time, I don't get when the enemies are squashed, and when do they fall? To me it all seems random. Any hints? Trying to get doozy medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 10:38:59

At 12/3/09 09:47 AM, chris-marks wrote: I've updated the Applez guide with step by step walkthroughs of each level, as well as better strategies for level 7 and for getting the first secret area on level 5. If there's anything else I'm missing, or someone does a video walkthrough, let me know and I'll update the walkthrough accordingly.

When playing through the game again to update my guide, I noticed several bugs around the menu screen and saving state had been fixed. Can someone with an alt account verify whether you can get the medals for finishing a hard level without damage and without dying at the same time?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 13:13:54

At 12/3/09 10:28 AM, PaulDaPigeon wrote: For monster time, I don't get when the enemies are squashed, and when do they fall? To me it all seems random. Any hints? Trying to get doozy medal.

When they are squashed is when they are underneath a piece of the monster as it is falling. So if they are a floor below and your drop a piece on them, they are sqashed. To make them fall WITH the piece, you usually want to do it with a big piece (you can do it with a small piece, but you get awfully close to dying) and you have to make the piece fall while they are on it, so basically right next to you. They will fall to the floor below with the piece, often causing the piece to continuously fall many floors. Pretty self explanatory in my opinion, but I hope that helps.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 14:23:16

At 12/3/09 01:13 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: (you can do it with a small piece, but you get awfully close to dying)

I do this trick a lot with the head pieces, more so because they end up going farther down, knocking down a lot of the other parts along the way.
The trick is that they only need to have one foot on the piece you're pushing down so they fall with the piece. I took a picture to show the kind of distance between the monster and the piece you need to knock them down.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 15:50:39

Jazza replied very quickly, he told me that he would pass on the info to his coder when he would see him, so the medal is going to be fixed soon...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 17:33:39

so im having troubles on dale and peakot, on getting the secret feathers and getting the last chests on the 3rd or 4th level, forget which, whichever one has more chests is the one im having trouble on because i cant seem to find the last two chests. if someone could make some kind of walkthrough, video or just text, that would be great
as for some people having trouble with monstertime, you cant really make a walkthrough for it because the monsters move differently each time, so its really just up to each individual player's skill level. hope that helps

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 22:09:02

At 12/3/09 05:33 PM, Lionel738 wrote: i cant seem to find the last two chests.

I'm having the exact same problem (level 4) where I do know a couple of spots that seem to have eggs (and possibly chests), but are unreachable, including with the helm of gaia 2. Got 18 feathers and all hearts. 4 shells and nothing more. There's a youtube guide, but it's basic and the guy playing it sucks.

Somebody needs to make a better one and brighten our day. On a side note, a coule barely pass bride of frankie on easy mode in Monster Time, so obviously I suck at that game.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 22:34:22

At 12/3/09 10:09 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 12/3/09 05:33 PM, Lionel738 wrote: i cant seem to find the last two chests.
I'm having the exact same problem (level 4) where I do know a couple of spots that seem to have eggs (and possibly chests), but are unreachable, including with the helm of gaia 2. Got 18 feathers and all hearts. 4 shells and nothing more. There's a youtube guide, but it's basic and the guy playing it sucks.

You know that one spot where you can jump up and see the ledge with eggs, but you can't get there in any way at all? From that spot walk to the right until you drop down to the next floor below you (with the statue farting fireballs at you), and move against the wall. You should fall through a trap door to a secret area with those last two chests you're looking for.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 22:46:56

Ugh, l was so close to getting 2 medals on Tower of Greed on the same playthrough...l was at floor 45 and l had 85000$, so l was gonna get both the 50 floor and 100,000$ one, but as l climbed a tall ladder l saw that the ladder lead to the door, and it was too late to go back..oh well, at least l got a buncha trophies...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-03 23:30:26

How do I get a Gold medal on Skill Challenge with the M1A Rifle in The Gun Game? The only way I know how to beat it is by using the rebound off the wall trick; nothing else works for me. Help?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)