00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,579 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 10:15:04

At 10/9/09 10:05 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
At 10/9/09 12:23 AM, Kevin wrote: Hey guys, I fixed the medals for Stamper's Quest, it was a simple retarded mistake on my part.

THIS PICTURE EXPLAINS THOROUGHLY.
I am shocked at how many people do that, despite all the warnings in the instructions.

I guess it's only because it's on the frame actions.

If it were constantly called in the output, It'd be a lesser made mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 11:42:20

At 10/9/09 07:41 AM, DigDogy wrote:
I'm still fighting with those 10 and 15 minutes playtime medals on Bomb Diggity, can anyone give me some tips there? I'm able to rescue up to 100 citizens before it gets too much for me but still didn't even reach the 10 minutes by then. I also saw that some people reached the 10 min (or even the 15 min) medal before even getting to 100 saved citizens. How is that even possible?

I dont know what kind of rig you have, but I had to get on a computer much faster than mine. Some people said letting the game lag helped them because they could control the landing better. I personally thought that playing without the lag made it much smoother and easier to get those two medals.
Always deactivate from top to bottom. With the two middle buildings, it's faster to climb if you jump back and forth between them instead of jumping straight up either one individually. If you know a bomb is on top of the far right building and your all the way left, climb the left building and just stay on top to get to the right.
It took me a long time to get but practice makes perfect.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 13:28:51

At 10/9/09 07:20 AM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Yes, well, was that last post about a game or a tip for medals? I think not.
Last time i checked every time Carb insults me he isn't talking about Newgrounds Medals-Games and Tips.

Indeed, and neither do you, and the same goes for me..but this is getting real old real fast, so l suggest you just stop it..and, by the way, could you use more emoticons?I mean, you can't be that happy all the time :/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 13:35:13

At 10/9/09 01:28 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 10/9/09 07:20 AM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Yes, well, was that last post about a game or a tip for medals? I think not.
Last time i checked every time Carb insults me he isn't talking about Newgrounds Medals-Games and Tips.
Indeed, and neither do you, and the same goes for me..but this is getting real old real fast, so l suggest you just stop it..and, by the way, could you use more emoticons?I mean, you can't be that happy all the time :/

So you acknowledge the fact it should stop, you should not have made that post, and it is indeed old.
I'm begging everyone to please get back on topic before we get all our asses bitten by Mal or whomever. Just stop it, come on. Take it to PM. Now.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 13:48:29

Almost 14,000 medal points in a month. I think I have a problem.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 14:20:37

WOOOT omfg

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 14:28:42

At 10/9/09 09:05 AM, Powdinet wrote:
At 10/9/09 08:19 AM, PikaRobo wrote: ASS!
SHIT!
BITCH!
CRAP!
FUCK!
Wow. Shit. Unlucky.

All I can say is try again. My max is somewhere around 76, so you are doing much better then me :)

Stay left from the screen, and wait the boats came to you. Only if you have sure there is only one boat in the screen, rush it and came back to the left. Ignore the aircrafts.

If you still have problem, try the game in a slow computer. In slow computers avoid catching aircrafts and typing down too rapid or the game may show a zoom glitch.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 15:12:04

To get the nude boy you give the druck man five more beers after you gave him the first one

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 15:28:07

AGAIN!
94, AGAIN!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 15:54:31

At 10/9/09 03:28 PM, PikaRobo wrote: AGAIN!
94, AGAIN!!!

The Stat page only keeps track of your TOP scores, so more likely you got less than 94 and it is still showing your record. took me a few times to realize that. When I gave up on sailor for awhile and went for ducks, I noticed I was still seeing 91 sailing yachts, so it kinda clicked

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 16:13:35

Not true for me at all. I got 94 then posted it on the forums, and then i played again and got i think 87 and it showed 87 not 94. When I get a new record it shows 'new record' next to my stats, but otherwise it just shows me what i got that round for everything. (I wasn't being hypocritical, I was just saying that the other posts were off topic as well. I did NOT say anything like stop posting off topic, cause i have done it to. Being hypocritical is telling someone to stop, then doing it yourself, which I didn't say stop.)
Keep trying to get past 94 :D (Yes, I am not happy all the time, I just happen to be happy while posting) :)
keep trying for the yachts you miss, cause your shark can smash the yachts that are almost off screen but not quite off yet. Even if his tail hits it then it blows up (for me) providing you got high enough out of the water to begin with.

Well i hope that was useful to someone :).

Death Note, Code Geass, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, and

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are all awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 16:26:07

At 10/9/09 04:13 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Way to much every time

Holy Christ Anime, I can see why Caraboo got annoyed so easily with you.

medal checklist spread sheet is updated
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwnd1zuqnyb

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 16:38:19

Oh, fuck, now come on. Two fucking paragraphs. If you don't fucking like it, don't fucking read it and fucking complain about that goddamned shit. For fuck's sake.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 16:38:19

At 10/9/09 03:54 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: The Stat page only keeps track of your TOP scores, so more likely you got less than 94 and it is still showing your record. took me a few times to realize that. When I gave up on sailor for awhile and went for ducks, I noticed I was still seeing 91 sailing yachts, so it kinda clicked

Oh, really? Thanks for telling me. I still can't believe I got 1 number less then what I needed though.

Anyway does anyone have any tips on to make the mission 4 boss on Fear Unlimited go faster WITHOUT maxing out the sword? It seems impossible.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 17:02:07

I agree with Krev on that one, I have had posts that were really long but that last one (not including this one :P) wasn't very long at all lol. i can guarantee that Caraboo himself has posted longer posts than that, and I'm pretty sure many other people have posted longer posts than that :).

I haven't even played Fear Unlimited Issue 2 yet, cause i got it loaded but it was noisy and at the time i didn't want to listen or play any noisy games.

I guess I'll go play it now :D.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 17:34:57

At 10/9/09 05:02 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: I agree with Krev on that one, I have had posts that were really long but that last one (not including this one :P) wasn't very long at all lol. i can guarantee that Caraboo himself has posted longer posts than that, and I'm pretty sure many other people have posted longer posts than that :).

I haven't even played Fear Unlimited Issue 2 yet, cause i got it loaded but it was noisy and at the time i didn't want to listen or play any noisy games.

I guess I'll go play it now :D.

This reply is from Caraboo, not me.Also, he says it's the last one.

========================================
=============

ANIME.. when Krev and I write big long paragraphs they always have a purpose. They always are useful to someone. They always help someone understand something or help them do something so they can actually go and do it properly. They are always in perfect English in every sense of that meaning with maybe a few typos at most. They don't ramble on about how much you hate a medal or how hard you try and still can't get it or how much you suck at life.

They always use proper paragraph spacing so that it is easily read. This usually also helps with structuring something so that you can go from point A to point B to point C without any confusion and they're all related in some way. We hardly ever ramble on about three different things in four adjacent sentences. 60% of our posts are NOT double posts, and pointless double posts at that.

The problem isn't that you write too much. The problem is how you write it (like a drunken 8 year old to be exact). You don't have to leave, but you can't stay if you're going to keep posting like you do and so consistently. Almost every other post is yours, and they all suck. So please, just try to fix some things up and stop talking like your so excited about everything in the world (which is how I know how young you are). Thanks.

See now that was a big post and very easy to read. Try it some time!

=============

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 17:59:33

The Stamper's games medals are now fixed.

So if Shift medals still don't work, maybe the admins accidentally rejected the update?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 18:10:03

This reply is from Caraboo, not me.Also, he says it's the last one.

blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah

=============

tl;dr

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 18:24:37

At 10/9/09 05:59 PM, Powdinet wrote: The Stamper's games medals are now fixed.

So if Shift medals still don't work, maybe the admins accidentally rejected the update?

The update just added the ng fixed medals to the title.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 18:27:45

At 10/9/09 05:59 PM, Powdinet wrote: The Stamper's games medals are now fixed.

Did you just get them today? because if so, i'm going to find some admins and write some mean looking messages. Thats absolute bullshit that they fixed that and not shift.

Also, how did you manage to get the impossible medal before the hard? if you actually did that, you are insane haha. I never thought i'd have the patience to get that medal but I had a good run on it.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 18:43:05

To be honest I found the Impossible quite easy after the Health Pack bug fix. While the medals were broken and I didn't knew it, I played on Impossible and it was really simple.

Today, To test if the medal fixes were applied, I did the 2nd difficulty, and knowing that I could get the Impossible, I did it. After that, I knew that it would be easier to get advanced, so I did it.

I do this sometimes, I just play on the hardest difficulty, get a feel of how the game is, and then when I got to the easier difficulties, I get the medals immediatly :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 20:24:35

i know this is slightly off topic but anyone noticed that the upcoming games thingy was uptated? (a little...)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 21:00:16

At 10/9/09 08:24 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i know this is slightly off topic but anyone noticed that the upcoming games thingy was uptated? (a little...)

So Tom added 1 game on my birthday

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 21:46:24

Darn it! I just made a good post and i re-read it to make sure it was good and i accidentally closed out firefox :(.
(This is about Caraboo)
It came down to me saying a lot that not everyone is going to like you, respect you, act like you, think like you ,like the things you like, or care that you can think of ways to insult people. Also if you wanted to tell me this why don't you just pm me or did you just want someone to post it on the forums for everyone to read?

Why do you care so much about the way I type? I'm pretty sure you could find numerous people that type worse than me. Why does it matter at all-do you have OCD and you just go crazy when someone doesn't speak or type perfectly? I don't care if you post something that says," I don't really care myself but I'm just trying to make it more pleasant for others on NG." If you're thinking of others on ng then let them make their own decisions and decide if they think my typing is pleasant or not, and just because 3-4 people complain does not mean that all of ng dislikes the way I type-get over it.

I'm not excited about everything. Last time i checked I hadn't posted about about everything in the world and saying that i was excited about it. I really didn't know that being nice was such a bad thing. If everyone talked the way you do (when you're talking to me or about me) in all their posts then that just might put some people in bad moods; or maybe some on good moods?

The reason that I don't put this in a pm is so that other people who dislike me .or the way I type, can also get over it.

Well I hope everyone had a fun time reading this and now gets that I don't care about your thoughts on how bad I type (unless they are nice, sincere and don't start off or include "anime is a fucking idiot"). :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 23:38:27

At 10/9/09 09:46 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: another fucking wall o' text...

'nuff said...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 00:00:50

At 10/8/09 09:22 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 10/8/09 08:51 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: I think Looking for a Challenge medal in Seed of Destruction is broken. I survived twenty minutes and nothing appeared.
It worked when I got it, but the thing is during bad weather my internet connection flickers, so it just happened to be disconnected for 12 seconds when I got it.
Can't get it again due to the fact that the lit/illit all or nothing code bullshit bleeds into all the other medals for the game, so if you get it and aren't connected, you cannot get it again.

Did you set all the units to maximum? Are you sure that you selected ALL the units, and put the slider or whatever it is to its highest threshold?

Well I think that I couldn´t lost my Internet conection because I have a modem and I´m sure I had all units at nine intensity. The difficulty can affect the medal?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 00:01:07

At 10/9/09 11:38 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: More pointless bitching

(Insert off-topic circlejerk bashing here)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 00:45:05

I don't think anyone who posted anything about this going on in the past few pages is innocent in this matter. It would be best to drop it completely.

Quoting and insulting/joking (or whatever you wish to call it) is never going to help anything get dropped. And it doesn't make anyone look cool.

This is my first and last post about it.

How about them medals?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 01:56:55

At 10/9/09 09:00 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
At 10/9/09 08:24 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i know this is slightly off topic but anyone noticed that the upcoming games thingy was uptated? (a little...)
So Tom added 1 game on my birthday

Uh...it has one of the wierdest titles l've ever seen for a flash game...does anybody know anything about it?
Also, ANIME and other people, DROP THE FUCKING SUBJECT.Christ.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 02:22:27

I leave for two months, come back, and you guys are still bitchin at each other all the time?

HE HE Good times.

I'm ready for some games, I clearly have a lot to catch up on.