00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,632,723 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:02:41

At 10/8/09 06:44 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Dear God. Anybody who reads the above post is my hero. I took one look and said " **** that ".

I just became an hero. And in any case that really doesn't help that much (did you see that part about him starting time fcku on the last level then going to the first? Priceless)

And I'm STILL trying to get the Minigamer 1 and 2 medals from Epic Battle Fantasy 2, the guie didn't help me at all. The best I colud get was 4500 on stage one. blehhh

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:06:21

At 10/8/09 08:02 PM, NikLink wrote:
At 10/8/09 06:44 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Dear God. Anybody who reads the above post is my hero. I took one look and said " **** that ".
I just became an hero. And in any case that really doesn't help that much (did you see that part about him starting time fcku on the last level then going to the first? Priceless)

And I'm STILL trying to get the Minigamer 1 and 2 medals from Epic Battle Fantasy 2, the guie didn't help me at all. The best I colud get was 4500 on stage one. blehhh

There is an aspect of randomness for those minigames though. Some games will have more smaller drops and some games will have more bigger drops I believe, so keep retrying until you get a game with big drops. My strategy for the minigames was literally stay on the side and let them all build up then run across and spear all of them (possible in two spears across, sometimes takes 3) then chill at the other side while they respawn. Don't worry about getting hit because chances are there'll be some heart drops in the middle when you run through so that shouldn't be a worry. The less hearts the better though from a point standpoint. Let me know if this helped or if anything I said needs some more clarification. Good luck!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:06:29

Honestly I might just stop coming to this thread if this kid keeps being annoying.

This. I swear every time I see/read his posts I lose IQ points. Please stop posting. Or take a few English courses at least.

Also, giant block text everywhere I go. Upon attempting to read gamefaqs top 10 list today...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/1 976.html

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:22:04

At 10/8/09 07:57 PM, Caraboo wrote: the connection to the NGAds server times out

Whoa. Is today rampage day, or what?

I still have yet to see an official word on the NG medal API timeout deal. Not one staff or moderator has come forth with knowledge about this. I've only seen it originate with users talking amongst each other. If you have some sauce, please let me know. I'm overly curious about this.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:33:31

woo i'm loved by everyone on newgrounds :D

Death Note, Code Geass, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, and

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are all awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:38:49

If you have some sauce, please let me know. I'm overly curious about this.

Also requesting sauce on op.

And i'm pretty sure this anime guy is a troll. His latest news heading it "why i is here". Nobody can be that stupid. I mean I know the majority of americans are illiterate, but nobody can be that bad.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:48:42

At 10/7/09 07:01 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
At 10/7/09 06:55 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, can you help this?
Either you messed up the link, or you called the website this to be funny.

Either way, Ha-Ha.

*facepalm* This is what I meant...

lol

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:51:12

I think Looking for a Challenge medal in Seed of Destruction is broken. I survived twenty minutes and nothing appeared.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 20:51:23

well i'm sorry that i was trying to make a joke that dealt with bad speech... :|

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:07:29

well on that looking for trouble one, i had to wait around 30 minutes to an hour because i had a lot of lag on my computer at that time, so maybe that is what has happened to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:22:02

At 10/8/09 08:51 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: I think Looking for a Challenge medal in Seed of Destruction is broken. I survived twenty minutes and nothing appeared.

It worked when I got it, but the thing is during bad weather my internet connection flickers, so it just happened to be disconnected for 12 seconds when I got it.
Can't get it again due to the fact that the lit/illit all or nothing code bullshit bleeds into all the other medals for the game, so if you get it and aren't connected, you cannot get it again.

Did you set all the units to maximum? Are you sure that you selected ALL the units, and put the slider or whatever it is to its highest threshold?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:26:20

good point Krev *gives you a thumbs up*

i hadnt thought of that, partly because i havent played it in a while and well i was too lazy to check it out again :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:28:04

Could any of you give any tips on the 95 sailing yatchets in miami shark cause i keep only getting 84.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:31:25

Like Wylo said, and I'm sure the video shows as well, stay to the right of the screen and halfway down so you can see the yachts coming. You don't have to go to the sea floor in order to breach and smash them.
You can also utilize a tactic of blowing up other larger ships to get a chain/combo thing going if there is more than one 'yatchet' in the immediate area. :P

That's all I can think of because that's all I had to do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:33:32

its just like Wylo said before, you stay over to the right side and jump regularly so that you can get the boats that come towards you. also you dont have to dive all the way down to smash them, its about halfway or a little above halfway down that if you go that far down then jump out, your shark goes a bit above the boats and can smash them from that height. one last thing, the reason you stay to the right is so that if you miss a yacht then you can go to the left and get it (if you miss it i'd suggest diving down and going to the left so that you're ready to jump out when you get to it). ok another one last thing, only the yachts that dont move count towards your 95 yachts, just in case you didnt know :)

happy yacht smashing :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:33:34

At 10/8/09 09:28 PM, Tominater12 wrote: Could any of you give any tips on the 95 sailing yatchets in miami shark cause i keep only getting 84.

My strategy was literally just staying in the middle, like direct middle, of the water and hopping up when a still boat appeared then plopping out and getting it and using moving boats at prime times for combos. Good luck mate.

Fuck you ANIMEstarved.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 21:39:20

sorry about repeating what Krev said but i am doing other things besides just posting, so it took me a bit longer to post my post

carb, idk what to say just...idk

i knew carb would get mad at me and if its not being mad and its just a general dislike than me then ok, cause i cant tell what emotions he is having. i can not tell if he is screaming with hatred at me or if he is simply laughing at me from in front of his keyboard in a grand feeling of victory over this inferior human being. but yeah :D

sorry to those besides carb that think i am annoying, i cant help it :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 22:19:58

I dunno. I think you can stave him off by capitalizing that which needs not be lower-case, utilizing correct sentence structure, and sprinkling some punctuation in the correct places. I stress the key word there, 'correct.'
I don't know if you're out of school or still in it, but... you know. Use what you've learned, man. That's all. :)

But one can easily rip into Cara's posts as much as he does yours- that's why I don't see the point of baiting and attacking you constantly. One post was enough in my amnesic, humble opinion.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-08 22:39:18

Well yeah, i play RuneScape some and everyone on there talks in abbreviations and other crappy speech like i have been posting from the beginning. Also i just figured since this wasn't for a grade that i wouldn't use some time capitalizing and punctuating everything that needed it :D

I do think that someone could do that same to my friend, Carbohydrate, and shatter his world (maybe), but I don't really want to get in a fight with him because it wastes my time and also he should not be so up in my face cause i noticed earlier in an earlier post of his earlier today that he said 'to' when he should have said 'too' and i hope he doesn't post some crap about this being a run on sentence or that i need some damn proof for this to be a legitimate post.

Thanks for defending me (i couldn't tell if you were defending me or just stating a normal post) and um thanks again i guess and good point. :D

Of course i would say the tone of the second paragraph is annoyed so if he thinks he annoyed me and if he is like most people that enjoy just making a person's life worse than his then i would say he thinks he has what someone might call a victory.

I don't know what i did to make him hate me but i understand how he could. I see a random person at my school and i don't know them and i havent ever talked to them but for some reason i see them and the automatic hate goes on. Some people just have that effect/affect on me (i don't know which one to use in this sentence). I would think that this would work both ways, at least one person that has seen me or talked to me probably just didn't like me from the start.

Hmm, and I am beginning to wonder why this post has veered so far away from games... oh I just remembered i am missing the Mentalist :(.

I'm guessing that it probably has something to do with the brain but if this whole post was one long paragraph then someone might not read it due to the fact that it is too long, but since i have it spaced out that person would now read it because it would appear shorter even though it is taking up more room.

Mmk I think i have typed enough now.

I hope my post has put everyone in a wonderful mood :D.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 00:23:48

Hey guys, I fixed the medals for Stamper's Quest, it was a simple retarded mistake on my part.

THIS PICTURE EXPLAINS THOROUGHLY.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 00:27:11

At 10/9/09 12:23 AM, Kevin wrote: Hey guys, I fixed the medals for Stamper's Quest, it was a simple retarded mistake on my part.

Also, I forgot to say that an admin has to approve the update before the file gets updated on the site.

So, if it currently doesn't work, wait a little and try again.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 01:42:33

At 10/8/09 10:39 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote:
Mmk I think i have typed enough now.
I hope my post has put everyone in a wonderful mood :D.

...oh mah gawd.That's all l have to say.does that post relate to Newgrounds medals in ANY imaginable way?...would you like a few words of advice?l know that it doesn't sound very polite, but you gotta blurb less...l mean come on, that post was nine times bigger that it could be...
You sound like someone who's talking, not typing...please keep on the subject!

Want to know what l mean?l'll quote you: "Hmm, and I am beginning to wonder why this post has veered so far away from games... oh I just remembered i am missing the Mentalist :(."
If you think that your post is not realted to the topic, just delete it and start again....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 04:13:39

Well, l just received a PM from Caraboo, so here it is:

"I've been banned from posting for 2 days from something completely unrelated to the medals tips thread but please let the world know that I thank god ever day when I see someone realize ANIMEstarved is a fucking idiot. Please pass this post on to the thread for the world to see."

This is the post, copy-paste.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 07:20:46

Yes, well, was that last post about a game or a tip for medals? I think not.
Last time i checked every time Carb insults me he isn't talking about Newgrounds Medals-Games and Tips.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 07:41:55

At 10/9/09 07:20 AM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Yes, well, was that last post about a game or a tip for medals? I think not.
Last time i checked every time Carb insults me he isn't talking about Newgrounds Medals-Games and Tips.

And you just did the same thing, which is kinda hypocritical. This is getting nowhere fast, so maybe you should all just stop.

I'm still fighting with those 10 and 15 minutes playtime medals on Bomb Diggity, can anyone give me some tips there? I'm able to rescue up to 100 citizens before it gets too much for me but still didn't even reach the 10 minutes by then. I also saw that some people reached the 10 min (or even the 15 min) medal before even getting to 100 saved citizens. How is that even possible?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 07:56:12

The people that got 15 mins before 100 citizens hacked the medals it's not possible and to reach 10 mins you should stall on the early bombs because there is only one of them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 08:04:03

Also, I forgot to say that an admin has to approve the update before the file gets updated on the site.

So, if it currently doesn't work, wait a little and try again.

So the medals on that game won't work until at least november then. Its been almost 2 weeks now waiting for shift to be updated...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 08:19:32

ASS!
SHIT!
BITCH!
CRAP!
FUCK!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 09:05:18

At 10/9/09 08:19 AM, PikaRobo wrote: ASS!
SHIT!
BITCH!
CRAP!
FUCK!

Wow. Shit. Unlucky.

All I can say is try again. My max is somewhere around 76, so you are doing much better then me :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-09 10:05:58

At 10/9/09 12:23 AM, Kevin wrote: Hey guys, I fixed the medals for Stamper's Quest, it was a simple retarded mistake on my part.

I am shocked at how many people do that, despite all the warnings in the instructions.

BBS Signature