00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,599 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 17:50:35

w00t got 166 seconds on my second completion.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 17:52:37

At 9/9/09 05:50 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: w00t got 166 seconds on my second completion.

Wooden sword btw.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:06:01

I'm down to 127 with the gold sword, after failing to duplicate some behaviour that was pointed out in my walkthrough comments.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:10:25

156 seconds.............yes!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:16:20

I've updated the walkthrough with a bit more information near the top about the game's behaviour.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:29:49

At 9/9/09 06:10 PM, Ray80 wrote: 156 seconds.............yes!!!

Better than my best with the wooden sword: I just got 167. Got a bit unlucky on form 3 and my break for it was a little sloppy, I was only 405ft ahead of the collapse at the double-back in the second zigzag instead of the 420 I like having. I wonder if 150 is possible.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:53:20

i got the rest of the medals, but fuck i almost broke the A key on my keyboard.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:55:08

At 9/9/09 05:13 PM, chris-marks wrote: Check me out, my first medal walkthrough. Happens to be for Cave of Wonders.

I also included some tricks I figured out to help with the speed runners who want the 200 second medal. If you can think of anything I should add, let me know in the comments on the walkthrough.

Wow, three walkthroughs now.

My Guide is up with a video.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:56:33

Can someone make a video walkthrough for escaping the cave?
Just so I can know what to expect

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 18:56:44

At 9/9/09 06:53 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i got the rest of the medals, but fuck i almost broke the A key on my keyboard.

The Beard almost did that to me. Then there were the times I played it on a keyboard that didn't have a properly working A key, and now that keyboard doesn't get used on flat surfaces any more.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 20:18:44

At 9/9/09 06:55 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 9/9/09 05:13 PM, chris-marks wrote:

Three? Yours, mine, who else has one?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 20:22:06

I feel happy...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 20:39:21

Hurray I now know that I can not get the under 200 medal because my computer lags and the timer doesn't. Also I can't fix it because there is no control for quality. HURRAY!

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 20:55:13

There was a bug with the timer, where it wasn't resetting after each game over, newest version takes care of that.

As for the hit detection on ledges, it's very exact, you have to land ON TOP of the ledge, not hit it from the side on any ledges (except for the ice cream topped individual blocks)

Nevertheless, I adjusted them to make those really tight jumps a LEEETLE bit easier since so many people were saying that their missed jumps were "bugs"

I like wylo's video the best so far, but no one is as good at the game as me yet :-P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 21:12:14

At 9/9/09 08:55 PM, BoMToons wrote: I like wylo's video the best so far, but no one is as good at the game as me yet :-P

Funny, that :P

Thanks for fixing the timer reset, it's going to make getting the 200 second medal much easier ...sort of. Certainly more convenient.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 21:14:04

At 9/9/09 08:55 PM, BoMToons wrote: but no one is as good at the game as me yet :-P

Prove it with a video. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 22:08:15

Woot, I have all the medals on my third try, the game isn´t difficult and don´t quit too much time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 22:11:16

If you guys didn't know, we're close to having CoW featured on Digg's gaming front page, we just need around 29 more diggs, so please make a digg account if you don't have one and digg it and spread the word!

http://digg.com/playable_web_games/Cave_
of_Wonders_Epic_Boss_Battle

If you have a facebook you've already got an account on digg I think.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 22:17:13

At 9/9/09 08:18 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 9/9/09 06:55 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 9/9/09 05:13 PM, chris-marks wrote:

Three? Yours, mine, who else has one?

http://ilikeblamingcrap.newgrounds.com/n ews/post/371832

Although, yours is prolly the best for detailed analysis.

At 9/9/09 08:55 PM, BoMToons wrote: There was a bug with the timer, where it wasn't resetting after each game over, newest version takes care of that.

Thanks for the updates.

As for the hit detection on ledges, it's very exact, you have to land ON TOP of the ledge, not hit it from the side on any ledges (except for the ice cream topped individual blocks)

Nevertheless, I adjusted them to make those really tight jumps a LEEETLE bit easier since so many people were saying that their missed jumps were "bugs"

Aww... Guess peer pressure wins.

I like wylo's video the best so far, but no one is as good at the game as me yet :-P

Ya, I didn't do it as fast as possible. Messed up at the first 2 forms and a little bit at the fireballs. Guess I could try to make a faster vid. We'll see..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 23:17:09

Don´t piss it, what poor mother. First I loose my time beating Mecha-Death on and now I beat Boss Battles on hard on the challenge room without winning any medal and tryimg during one hour. Please help I´m really crying a little bit.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 23:32:25

I have been having a lot of problems lately with medals as well. Sometimes I just log out and log back in, refresh the game, play in pop up and it works fine. However I beat Fig. 8, got the explorer medal, but didn't get my million point medal even tho i ended with 1,109,000. What the hell! That took forever! I Demand RESEND Buttons! Bomtoons, you could do it very easily because you have the "Medals" menu in game already. Just throwing it out there. I am sad and my fingers hurt!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 23:40:08

When beating Mecha-Death I try everything and don´t work and defeating last boss in Boss Battles is one of the thinggs that I can only make one time. I just need to... I don´t know. Hope any other user have problems getting medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 23:46:35

I don't think Professional in Fig 8 works.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 00:38:59

At 9/9/09 11:46 PM, Wylo wrote: I don't think Professional in Fig 8 works.

No, it doesn't. Before the medals displayed I knew of a user who got WELL over 1million points after I had corrected the incomplete list of medals in Wylo's page.

It is indeed broken, to the best of my knowledge.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 00:50:10

Not a challenge to get over 1 million points. Maybe while he fixes the medal, he could raise the score requirement.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 02:03:13

At 9/9/09 11:46 PM, Wylo wrote: I don't think Professional in Fig 8 works.

Damn, I really should ask in this thread about big broken medals before I attempt them!
I feel like I have really stopped trying as hard for medals but I am still hanging onto a top 5er on the logs, I'm sure I will be knocked out soon tho. When I look at my list of games I get really discouraged especially by Alkie Kong 2, Lastman, EBF2, and Xtreme 5 min(my computer is too slow to beat two player)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 02:10:30

I am proud to say I'm the worst on this planet when it comes to escaping from the cave in that game. I cannot get past the gap right after those three SMB-poundy machines. Yes, I've seen the vids and read the walkthroughs, but I just came to baww since my migraine told me to do so.
Who's with me! :D

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 04:10:00

At 9/10/09 02:10 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: I am proud to say I'm the worst on this planet when it comes to escaping from the cave in that game. I cannot get past the gap right after those three SMB-poundy machines. Yes, I've seen the vids and read the walkthroughs, but I just came to baww since my migraine told me to do so.
Who's with me! :D

Atleast you have beaten Luis...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 07:27:40

But..what's the point of giving the golden sword AFTER you got all the other medals?
Anyway Chris, your guide is good, going to try to get some medals now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-10 10:03:29

At 9/10/09 07:27 AM, HeavyTank wrote: But..what's the point of giving the golden sword AFTER you got all the other medals?
Anyway Chris, your guide is good, going to try to get some medals now.

to make you play it again?... why else... getting the medal for completing everything and then giving you a new sword... your sure to play it that one more time instead of going... " oh... got all my medals now... *thows game into bin of other completed medal games... next to the shelf with all the shitty medal games with stupid medals..*

BBS Signature