00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,642,805 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 10:37:57

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 13:08:52

At 2/13/11 05:04 PM, gta0004 wrote:
At 2/13/11 02:40 PM, gta0004 wrote: do the flight badges not work or something
so they do not work?

For me, only the Kenya fly medal didn't work. The rest worked.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 16:08:20

0 point medals.

: Quick, grab em' while they're still available. This flash is bound to get blammed anyways.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 21:26:20

At 2/14/11 01:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 2/13/11 07:34 PM, DiMono wrote:
DiMono, may I congratulate you: you just posted the 20,000th post of this thread. ;)

That's kind of cool. And it was a useful post, to boot! Unlike this one.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 22:12:46

Ultimate Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 22:27:10

At 2/14/11 10:12 PM, EdyKel wrote: Ultimate Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

How the heck did you get that ridiculous combo?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-14 22:39:17

At 2/14/11 10:27 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 2/14/11 10:12 PM, EdyKel wrote: Ultimate Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
How the heck did you get that ridiculous combo?

Just spam doom. That's all. You might need at least 3 skill slots for it, and enough points to refill them as need be by buying the blue can from the item menu anytime during the game. Basically, you can defeat any boss in the game with this method without getting hurt, while building up your combo to insane numbers. It's the ultimate cheese technique for the game! :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 02:03:40

!!!!!!!!

Omg, I love cheese! :D

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 03:24:08

Any good way to deal with lvl 30 in Next Action Frog? (it's the hardcore platformer where death is very common) The first part I can't get consistently. It's where you have to make a jump and land a few blocks below onto a single block platform underneath spinning red traps.

7 100-point medals earned so far, oooohhhh yeeeeaaaahhh....

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 06:37:21

EdyKel, please read my post on the previous page. Yes, spamming doom is the way to go, but on Expert mode it gets way harder. I don't want you to spend as much time as I have on that game, only to find out that most of the harder medals don't work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 08:03:52

At 2/14/11 04:08 PM, Tycrane wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 2339
Quick, grab em' while they're still available. This flash is bound to get blammed anyways.

This submission unfortunately does not meet the Newgrounds standards to get blammed. And it's still there so I am right.

At 2/15/11 03:24 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Any good way to deal with lvl 30 in Next Action Frog? (it's the hardcore platformer where death is very common) The first part I can't get consistently. It's where you have to make a jump and land a few blocks below onto a single block platform underneath spinning red traps.

I don't think it's hardcore at all. I found it to have a rather normal difficulty. I figured that one out alone but I'm lazy to explain, so you can check out Dimono's stuff.

And don't read this silly rant.

At 2/15/11 03:24 AM, Phenom9 wrote: Notice how only the medals for the frontpage valentine submission (Cardiac S.) got approved and how the other submissions are ignored? It's called unfairness and it's something no one cares about. The same happens with staff submissions which have their medals approved instantaneously while the other ones have to wait weeks. Can't the staff simply stick to the date of submission? The ones submitted first get approved first.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 10:42:48

At 2/15/11 06:37 AM, Nijsse wrote: EdyKel, please read my post on the previous page. Yes, spamming doom is the way to go, but on Expert mode it gets way harder. I don't want you to spend as much time as I have on that game, only to find out that most of the harder medals don't work.

No worries man. I read your previous post, but I'm still enjoying the game and plan to get the medals that still work. Thanks for you concern.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 11:10:04

Is this game broken for you guys too? Yesterday I wanted to play it, but the Mochi loader (which says 'Play Game') stopped loading halfway, and when I refreshed the page, the game's own loader (the blue one) kept saying 0%. Same thing happened today.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 11:16:40

At 2/15/11 11:10 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0552
Is this game broken for you guys too? Yesterday I wanted to play it, but the Mochi loader (which says 'Play Game') stopped loading halfway, and when I refreshed the page, the game's own loader (the blue one) kept saying 0%. Same thing happened today.

Seems to be working fine for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 11:49:13

Other than Plinko and maybe Icy cave, no game has ever consumed so much time for so little medals and points like World Revolution RPG. And I don't even know what I'm doing. Seriously.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 12:06:15

Blegh, I finally got Street Rodder on JetBus. Now I still need the Time Machine, which I will just try to get with the speed up drop rate like you guys did. Totally looking forward to it. /sarcasm

Also, fyi, skiller12 has passed the 100000 point mark. ;)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 12:28:07

At 2/15/11 12:06 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, fyi, skiller12 has passed the 100000 point mark. ;)

He does not have that many points right now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 13:15:56

At 2/15/11 12:28 PM, Phenom9 wrote: He does not have that many points right now.

Yes he does, according to NG Log, which shows your 'correct' amount of medal points. The amount on his profile is probably lower due to medals not sending properly.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 13:52:00

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 14:11:03

At 2/15/11 06:37 AM, Nijsse wrote: EdyKel, please read my post on the previous page. Yes, spamming doom is the way to go, but on Expert mode it gets way harder. I don't want you to spend as much time as I have on that game, only to find out that most of the harder medals don't work.

Hmm...so if the 'star' medals don't work, and you can't complete expert mode, and survival mode medal is near impossible, then it's pointless to try to continue after beating normal mode?

If that's the case I'm done with that game too.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 14:19:21

At 2/15/11 11:10 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0552

It works for me now. You should try it again.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 14:41:30

So I got Superman mode while going 54, and held up and right the whole time, and got to here. Ask me how pleased I am.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 15:09:57

At 2/15/11 08:03 AM, Phenom9 wrote:
At 2/15/11 03:24 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Any good way to deal with lvl 30 in Next Action Frog? (it's the hardcore platformer where death is very common) The first part I can't get consistently. It's where you have to make a jump and land a few blocks below onto a single block platform underneath spinning red traps.
I don't think it's hardcore at all. I found it to have a rather normal difficulty. I figured that one out alone but I'm lazy to explain, so you can check out Dimono's stuff.

"Normal" difficulty eh? In relativity, it's definitely one of the harder platformers at the very least.

What did you think about "Give up, Robot" hard mode?

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 17:28:46

The "seriously, turn around" medal for
Keep Running Keep Jumping has finally been fixed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 20:06:13

At 2/15/11 05:28 PM, EdyKel wrote: The "seriously, turn around" medal for

Verified. Got it with -1984. Turns out if you just hold left and up for the whole time you can get it pretty trivially. Just as long as you don't hit a death X.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-15 20:56:42

At 2/15/11 08:06 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 2/15/11 05:28 PM, EdyKel wrote: The "seriously, turn around" medal for
Verified. Got it with -1984. Turns out if you just hold left and up for the whole time you can get it pretty trivially. Just as long as you don't hit a death X.

Wow, great find. It looks like since you are jumping, the blocks don't fall (or don't fall as fast) making it very easy. Although it still took me 3/4 plays to not get an x before -1000.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-16 02:04:41

Am I the first?

Oddly, it didn't add to my medal score. I had 80715 before getting it, it's worth 50, and I still have 80715. Weird. I did it by getting Superman going at 78, and then holding up and right as advertised. Later in the same game I got up to 102 on the ground; my best speed from running is 122.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-16 13:54:45

Been a while since I've got to post a game first:

Just happened to see it on DiMono's profile. 0 pts.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-16 14:29:57

At 2/15/11 01:52 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: 0 points.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 2420

What medals are on this game?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-16 21:59:35

Still missing the 1st and 3rd secret medal for Cardiac Snowdrift. Any help with them would be much appreciated.