00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theantiflag102 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us!

15,046 Views | 168 Replies

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-04 08:44:33

ixintro,

I might be bringing a few friends, so just note me down for a possible +4.

We like to go all out on this kind of shit, so we'll be bringing two grills and plenty of stuff to cookify. We'll try to buy a bunch of food, but it would be helpful if everyone brought something along, like a pack of brats or some steaks.

Speaking of all that, is there a problem with lighting fires with all that gas around?

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-05 15:55:43

At 5/4/09 08:44 AM, Halvgoeden wrote: ixintro,

I might be bringing a few friends, so just note me down for a possible +4.

We like to go all out on this kind of shit, so we'll be bringing two grills and plenty of stuff to cookify. We'll try to buy a bunch of food, but it would be helpful if everyone brought something along, like a pack of brats or some steaks.

Speaking of all that, is there a problem with lighting fires with all that gas around?

That sounds awesome, the more the merrier! I doubt there'd be any problem with lighting fires in the regualr town area, just don't do it where the grounds on fire. :P I'll make sure to tell everybody to bring some food.

Also McZero, no age limit, as long as you're not freaking annoying, you're free to attend. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-05 16:43:22

At 2/19/09 09:23 AM, TomFulp wrote: Assuming this meetup doesn't happen during Comic-Con or any other conflicting events, I'm planning to come out and visit during the day but not camp overnight (gonna have a baby at home). BUT I encourage everyone else who can go to give the camping a shot! Maybe MindChamber could come with his camera and we could film our own scary movie.

sounds cool..hopes its gory. anyway sounds good. hope to see it on the site.

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-07 10:36:41

At 5/4/09 08:44 AM, Halvgoeden wrote:

We'll try to buy a bunch of food, but it would be helpful if everyone brought something along, like a pack of brats or some steaks.

Someone asked if there was an age limit, which is what I'm curious about. I'm 20...am I old enough to come along?

Oh and by the way...I'll bring the beer. A lot of the beer.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-07 17:22:53

At 5/7/09 10:36 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
Someone asked if there was an age limit, which is what I'm curious about. I'm 20...am I old enough to come along?

Dude, I'm 17, you're all welcome to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-09 17:41:04

I'm coming

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-09 17:44:27

At 5/9/09 05:41 PM, FlashFirer wrote: I'm coming

From Brazil???

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-17 20:34:20

As per the food:

My friend is a chef and is willing to bring a ton of equipment and is prepared to make up something amazing for everyone to chow down on.

So, he's asked me to lay out a couple of choices for you all. Please PM me with your selection.

1-Pig roast
2-Fish Fry
3-Louisiana Style Crawfish Boil
4-Curried goat
5-And...Charcuterie (basically a sausage fest, appropriately enough)

Again, PM me with your selection so we can get things organized.

Whatever happens to be the choice, he is going to pair a bunch of wines and beers for all to enjoy (who can legally enjoy it).

We're going to be covering most of the cost, but please bring a few bucks if you can. Depending on the final choice we'll post some suggested donations.

GREAT idea, ixintro! Can't wait to see everyone there.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-18 23:43:26

I'm gonna send a bunch of locals after you to cornhole you all Deliverance style, by the way.
They're gonna twist your ass up worse than a red tornado.

Oh, and you guys know they tore down the town for the most part, right?

Also, go with the Pig Roast.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-19 00:40:31

I would show interest in going, but me and Sardonic are both dealing with the glory of Wizard World.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-23 09:18:12

So....is this going to happen for realz? I need to make sure so I can take off from work because this is a big deal for me to take off of work for. So...keep the thread alive guys. The NYC meetup never happened last year because the thread died.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-24 15:43:42

I am really seriously willing to cook anything; this needs to happen. Good food, camping and wine in a ghost town on top of a burning coal mine with total strangers; what could go wrong? But for reals all I can bring a pig or whatever as halvgoden mentioned earlier. Just think about the best jerked pork sandwich you have ever eaten and use that to motivate your ass to get to centrailia for this camping trip.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-24 15:46:27

I mean, come on...

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-25 09:23:59

At 5/24/09 03:43 PM, BeurreNoisette wrote: Just think about the best jerked pork sandwich you have ever eaten and use that to motivate your ass to get to centrailia for this camping trip.

If our chef will be jerking pork you know I'm definitely going to be there.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-05-29 23:47:33

At 5/23/09 09:18 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: So....is this going to happen for realz? I need to make sure so I can take off from work because this is a big deal for me to take off of work for. So...keep the thread alive guys. The NYC meetup never happened last year because the thread died.

I hope so. Even if it doesn't happen that we can stay there that night we can still find a nearby place to stay. I'm sure it's not that hard. It'll all work out and I'm going for sure. Even if it's only like 10 of us I'm still going for sure.

Hopefully Tom shows up like he said he might, but you better be there for sure man. I'll be majorly upset if your not.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-01 17:27:18

Just so you know, there is pretty much zero chance of getting permits or permission or whatever to camp out there. So if you guys are going to do this, you just have to pack up and go there.
It's not like anyone would stop you, there's no cops or anything around there at all. I know a kid who grew up next to there, and they used to just go there all the time and have parties since there's never anyone else there.

hell, i think there's only about 12 people that live in Centralia anymore, and they're mostly one family.

You also may be disappointed, there's nothing there, aside from the crumbled highway and some smoldering holes in the ground. You're better off going to Wilburton Number One, and Wilburton Number 2, which are nearby.
Two neighboring and separate cities with the least creative, yet funniest names ever.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-01 19:09:27

Wow, I've been MIA and this thread has gotten life if it's own! Good job! Thanks to Halvgoden for helping out a ton with this stuff. For a while this thing was turning into a real clusterfuck, but this thing seems like it'll go off without a hitch! The idea of just going there without announcement is sounding better all the time since the surrounding towns are so damn unreachable!

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-04 16:45:58

At 6/1/09 07:09 PM, ixintro wrote: Wow, I've been MIA and this thread has gotten life if it's own! Good job! Thanks to Halvgoden for helping out a ton with this stuff. For a while this thing was turning into a real clusterfuck, but this thing seems like it'll go off without a hitch! The idea of just going there without announcement is sounding better all the time since the surrounding towns are so damn unreachable!

Thanks for the props, brosef.

mrdeadhead had a talk with his friend who is from around the Centralia area. As he said, there are no permits you need to get nor is there much to do there.

Here is my suggestion: we all just go. We find a place nearby, possibly a seedy motel where we can get murdered, or a real campsite of some kind. I would even do some car camping since it's only one or two nights. We can visit Centralia during the day. This is probably the safer thing to do anyway.

As stated, we still plan to be doing some cooking provided enough people show up and bring some stuff to cook. I hope everyone is still interested in going, because we certainly are. In fact, we've decided we're going whether 'yall mother fuckers are or not.

So, maybe we'll see you there. I will post updated information about where we plan to stay and what we plan to do during the day while we are there. Maybe that will give everyone something to plan around.

ixintro, this was a great idea. We are definitely going and I hope you are too.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-05 03:03:52

At 6/4/09 04:45 PM, Halvgoeden wrote: mrdeadhead had a talk with his friend who is from around the Centralia area. As he said, there are no permits you need to get nor is there much to do there.

I guess I should bring liquor, then . . .

Here is my suggestion: we all just go. We find a place nearby, possibly a seedy motel where we can get murdered, or a real campsite of some kind. I would even do some car camping since it's only one or two nights. We can visit Centralia during the day. This is probably the safer thing to do anyway.

Maybe, but I'm not going there to play it safe. I think it would be more interesting if we infiltrated an abandoned house or two and spent the night in a scary, free house that may or may not kill us. At least, that's what I plan to do.

If we run it like that, we just need to check up with a local resident and figure out which houses are occupied, then locate a suitable house furthest from the occupied ones so we don't make nuisances of ourselves. We could and should limit our activities to within the Centralia area, true to the Silent Hill theme of being trapped.

As stated, we still plan to be doing some cooking provided enough people show up and bring some stuff to cook. I hope everyone is still interested in going, because we certainly are. In fact, we've decided we're going whether 'yall mother fuckers are or not.

I, personally, am pretty set on going.

Also, I drive, so if there's anyone from the NYC area that needs a lift and wants to split gas, PM me.

yes.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-07 18:29:04

I'm definitely going as long as I find a ride my parents approve of. Also, here's a proposition. since the WizardCon Meetup was scheduled the exact same time as this Meetup, are you guys cool with maybe pushing this back one week to June 26-27. It was just an idea, but it's totally cool if the date is still the 19th and 20th.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-08 02:46:29

At 6/7/09 06:29 PM, ixintro wrote: I'm definitely going as long as I find a ride my parents approve of. Also, here's a proposition. since the WizardCon Meetup was scheduled the exact same time as this Meetup, are you guys cool with maybe pushing this back one week to June 26-27. It was just an idea, but it's totally cool if the date is still the 19th and 20th.

I'm fine with that. Whatever works.

Error - your post was 401 characters in length, 90.52% of which was taken up by quoted text. Please include only the quoted parts that are relevant in your post before trying to post your message again.

yes.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 10:52:09

Changing the date to the 26th, might actually be awesome since I have orientation for my new job on the 19th and the 20th. I was disappointing and came to this thread to say I couldn't come because of it. Now the 26th, might be a little different, but I'll still probably have to work though. If you could change it to 6 weeks later than the original date then I'll be able to make it for sure.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 11:07:07

Ughhh.. But I already took the 20th off to go. And I really doubt my boss will allow me to take the 26 and 27th off. But I can try.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 11:16:11

At 6/5/09 03:03 AM, BetaOrionis wrote: If we run it like that, we just need to check up with a local resident and figure out which houses are occupied, then locate a suitable house furthest from the occupied ones so we don't make nuisances of ourselves. We could and should limit our activities to within the Centralia area, true to the Silent Hill theme of being trapped.

From what I've heard, the only buildings left are those people actually live in...and there are about ten of those. The only way to find out is to go, though. I suggest everyone prepare to sleep in their car or something.

I'm fine with moving the date now, but we need to think about whether or not it's going to bring in any new people. Otherwise, we might as well keep it where it is for those who have already changed their schedules.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 11:23:34

At 6/10/09 11:07 AM, Toukeman wrote: Ughhh.. But I already took the 20th off to go. And I really doubt my boss will allow me to take the 26 and 27th off. But I can try.

Oh and if I can get the changed time off I might have a possible +1 person coming.

If my lazyass of a brother really means that he wants to come.....

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 11:57:04

Sounds good, fff I forgot to say that yesterday, thanks Corky.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-10 16:04:28

sounds decent, i will think about going!

<@greywing> check me on netlog!

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-12 23:42:28

At 6/10/09 11:16 AM, Halvgoeden wrote:
At 6/5/09 03:03 AM, BetaOrionis wrote: If we run it like that, we just need to check up with a local resident and figure out which houses are occupied, then locate a suitable house furthest from the occupied ones so we don't make nuisances of ourselves. We could and should limit our activities to within the Centralia area, true to the Silent Hill theme of being trapped.
From what I've heard, the only buildings left are those people actually live in...and there are about ten of those. The only way to find out is to go, though. I suggest everyone prepare to sleep in their car or something.

My spies have informed me that the current population is only around 9, and there are still 14 structures standing. Not only can they not possibly occupy all of them, but the largest remaining structure is the town hall. The town hall does not act as a residence, but will most likely be locked. Not a problem if you're a ninja, or if you happen to know one . . .

I'm fine with moving the date now, but we need to think about whether or not it's going to bring in any new people. Otherwise, we might as well keep it where it is for those who have already changed their schedules.

No, but only because when Ixinthro contacted the neighboring town and asked about visiting permits, they shut down the site. So they'll be expecting us on that date, and may hassle us about it. Best to arrive under the cover of darkness, or at least on a date they won't expect.

At 6/10/09 11:16 AM, some-people wrote: Six weeks later?

I'd prefer if we didn't move the date around so much, but whatever keeps the attendance up is cool. The more times you change it, the more people will lose interest.

I say we stick it out with the 26th to 27th.

yes.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-13 00:12:04

Ok was able to get both the 26th and 27th off. Should we set up an arrival time? I would like to know mostly because I have a 6 hour drive there. I also suggest a meetup location like a restraunt or a place like that to all gather up in Centralia and so some of us (me) don't wander around for hours trying to find people wearing NG shirts.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-06-13 03:18:01

At 6/13/09 12:12 AM, Toukeman wrote: Ok was able to get both the 26th and 27th off. Should we set up an arrival time? I would like to know mostly because I have a 6 hour drive there. I also suggest a meetup location like a restraunt or a place like that to all gather up in Centralia and so some of us (me) don't wander around for hours trying to find people wearing NG shirts.

I recommend meeting at what's left of Byrnesville, 300 meters south of what remains of Silent Hill.

If you want to meet in a restaurant instead, might I recommend Ashland (not shown on map), located about .9 miles further to the south. It's the largest town that I would consider within easy walking distance. We could leave our cars there and travel north on foot, which leaves us with two distinct routes. Either travel straight through the woods for .9 miles, or walk along the edge of the road for 1.8 miles. Or of course, we just stroll right in and park in Silent Hill, but we make ourselves vulnerable to the possibility of getting our plate numbers noted by the local authorities, in the relatively unlikely event they happen to be dicks.

If that's not enough of a reason, it also removes the possibility of the combined weights of several cars causing the ground to collapse, dropping us into a thousand-degree pit of carbon monoxide. Not that I believe for a second that it's possible, but wikipedia seems to think it could happen. Lol.

What would you prefer for time of arrival?

yes.