00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RobloxandFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us!

15,014 Views | 168 Replies

Hey everybody! This idea just kind up sprung up from discussion on this thread.

Anyway, here's the story. I was writing a thread about the abandoned minefire town in Pennsylvania that was the inspiration for the "Silent Hill" franchise and I remembered, hey, Corky52 is around there too! So I just email him up, he said it would be cool if we could go meetup and hangout there.... Meetup? Why not just us, but anybody else willing to come!

So welcome to the Official "Real Silent Hill" Meetup 2009 Thread! Good news for Pennsylvanians right about now, am I right?!

Anyway, so you guys have an actual idea of where this town is, it's called Centralia, PA, located 2 hours northwest of Philadelphia, 1 hour southeast of Williamsport... Go Mapquest it if you want to check it out. Here's a pretty indepth site about the town, before and after...

So what we're planning to do is whatever seems fun!... And within the law... We're planning on camping out in the unoccupied areas of town, barbecuing, falling in caverns, or whatever else cool you guys can possibly think of! :D

Date: Early Summer, date to be decided based on OUR convenience.

Here's a list of people who are going to likely be there:
Ixintro (Duh, really?)
Corky52
Corky52's roommate(s)
Slackerzac
Sarah (Voice of Liana on "Tywo At Large")
Whitey (Sarah's friend)
Rich (Voice of Pat on "Tywo At Large")
Jon (Rich's brother)
Dana (Rich and Jon's bandmate)

People who would like to go:
BlazingIce
BrandonXDD

There's a few others that have been contacted so the list will be updated once more people are committed.

Anyway, I told my brother about this and I was surprised to find out he was planning on traveling to Centralia too with his friends, hmmm... Coincidence... His best advice to give me was, bring LOTS of Ibuprofen! Just in case the fumes from the mines give people headaches, maybe, maybe not, we'll find out when we get there. :P

If you're planning on going, TELL US, for the love of Ham, TELL US...

There's also a few requirements if you wish to go...
-Bring your own camping equipment, sleeping bags, coolers, etc...
-We'll provide some food, but don't rely on us you silly idiots.
-If you're hitching a ride with any of us (Exclusive to Pennsylvanians and Southern Tier NY residents), you're going to have to pay AT LEAST half of the gas mileage, lotta driving!
-Remember, have some Ibuprofen packed with you, just in case.

Finally, we are not responsible for any of your own actions. We're not going to hold your hands like everytime you've had to go to the bathroom during your life, you need to use your own judgment when wandering through town, Centralia can be fairly dangerous since... Well, there's an eternally burning MINE FIRE under the town... The site warns about walking into ditches and trenches where heavy gas could be pooling, you could suffocate if you're not careful... Remember, DON'T TAKE A NAP IN A TRENCH!

You also need to respect "Trespassing" notices and the residents who are still living in the borough... All 9 of them. :P If you litter, PICK IT UP! Don't act like you own the place, most likely, other tourists may periodically be wandering through too... It's become a well-kept secret tourist attraction.

Well, if you're thinking, "Why would I want to go die?" you're wrong. It's not like the campsite would be at risk of blowing up suddenly, the dangerous places are OBVIOUS, areas that look like the ground has caved in are the only truly dangerous places... But areas where steam is rising through the ground are just fine.

So are you in or not? Any suggestions or questions are totally welcome. :)

No, you don't need to give two craps about "Silent Hill" to come either...

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 17:51:17

Cool the official topic.

Anyways ill see what I can do about going. It's doubtful but ill do what I can.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 17:56:48

At 2/18/09 05:53 PM, The-Hitman wrote: Damn, I live in Pennsylvania, but I can't go sadly. Take pics for me though, okay guys?

Wow, Route 6er, that's a shame but we'll make sure to take an ASSLOAD of pics. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 17:58:59

Oh dude, i knew that those two 'Real Silent Hill' topics would conjoin and become something as wretched as a meet-up.

Still, this sounds fun. Hanging around on IRL Silent Hill, what mysteries may you uncover?

Videogames are my favorite videogames

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:01:06

At 2/18/09 05:58 PM, joabos wrote: Oh dude, i knew that those two 'Real Silent Hill' topics would conjoin and become something as wretched as a meet-up.

Still, this sounds fun. Hanging around on IRL Silent Hill, what mysteries may you uncover?

That carbon monoxide is unbreathable probably. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:03:41

Fuck I'd love to come, if the meetup was a bit later like January '10 time I'd be able to make it.. this could've been quite an experience scaring the shit out of each other outside through the night. XD

Only because I'm in Pennsylvania during the January time of course, you also could've been dissing the dirty Brit.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:06:05

At 2/18/09 06:03 PM, simon wrote: Fuck I'd love to come, if the meetup was a bit later like January '10 time I'd be able to make it.. this could've been quite an experience scaring the shit out of each other outside through the night. XD

Only because I'm in Pennsylvania during the January time of course, you also could've been dissing the dirty Brit.

Aw, would be great to see you come, but we're planning it over the summer since I'm going off to college in August and it would be too much of a hassle doing it then.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:06:15

Question. What is the general age group that is coming? You guys mind having a fifteen year old showing up?

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:10:39

Yes, that's usually an issue with these meetups. Will minors be allowed? If so, I would probably mark myself down as "Would like to go."

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-18 18:18:23

Hell, I'm a minor, there's no age limit!

Though if you're 13, GTFO... Kidding.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:23:19

Assuming this meetup doesn't happen during Comic-Con or any other conflicting events, I'm planning to come out and visit during the day but not camp overnight (gonna have a baby at home). BUT I encourage everyone else who can go to give the camping a shot! Maybe MindChamber could come with his camera and we could film our own scary movie.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:26:20

someone pay for my plane ticket, because that sounds bloody fun. Damn England being so far away from anything fun

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:26:35

If that happens, then post it in the Front, it'd be epic, I guess someonw will have to carry a Salad Fingers costume...

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:28:33

Hmmm - only two hours away, huh? Perhaps I should attend.

First, I guess I should actually watch silent hill, or play the game, to see what all the fuss is about. But pencil me down as a 'maybe'.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:30:15

At 2/19/09 09:23 AM, TomFulp wrote: Assuming this meetup doesn't happen during Comic-Con or any other conflicting events, I'm planning to come out and visit during the day but not camp overnight (gonna have a baby at home). BUT I encourage everyone else who can go to give the camping a shot! Maybe MindChamber could come with his camera and we could film our own scary movie.

Jesus, Tom, you're getting out and about with meet-ups lately, lol.

Anyways, if I get my passport sorted out, I may have to drag Kayn with me to this event. I happen to have alot of camping experiance (ex-military), and scaring the shit outta everyone in my skeleton-gimp costume would be shits and giggles.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 09:36:50

Depending on the date I might show up but just for the day. I dont really like camping.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:12:55

Oh my god! Thank you everybody for being so enthusiastic about this! This is turning from some pissant get-together to a full-fledged Meet!

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:14:40

I want to come but I'm too young to go to something like that by myself. Can you like draw me on a piece of paper and bring it with you?

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:16:04

I like Tom Fulp's idea on filming our own scary movie.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:16:07

It sounds boring there.

brb ninjas surrounding house

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:18:14

At 2/19/09 04:12 PM, ixintro wrote: Oh my god! Thank you everybody for being so enthusiastic about this! This is turning from some pissant get-together to a full-fledged Meet!

Ha, aren't you happy that I recommend we get this thing set up like a meet up. I can't wait to get this all settled up man. Let's talk more about it this weekend. Sometime Saturday and I should be able to have a lot of free time to help you figure everything out.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:18:19

At 2/19/09 04:16 PM, BlazingIce wrote: I like Tom Fulp's idea on filming our own scary movie.

I can't believe he's interested in going. O.O... I just emailed him, thinking he might mention us in a post or something.

But yes, awesome idea, my friends were thinking the same thing too. :)

Also, yes, Smidly, you won't be forgotten, I will draw you on a piece of printer paper and thumbtack you to one of the tents. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:18:46

If I lived around there, I totally would. Too bad I'm a few states away. I demand you take pics of everything.

Then we take over on the return trip.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:21:06

At 2/19/09 09:23 AM, TomFulp wrote: Assuming this meetup doesn't happen during Comic-Con or any other conflicting events, I'm planning to come out and visit during the day but not camp overnight (gonna have a baby at home). BUT I encourage everyone else who can go to give the camping a shot! Maybe MindChamber could come with his camera and we could film our own scary movie.

Also, yeah this sounds like a good idea. Make a scary movie or a funny movie. Or a scary movie that ends up being a funny movie. Something of the sort. We could either plan a plot out before hand or attempt to make it up as we go.

Probably should plan some of it out though.

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:31:39

At 2/19/09 04:21 PM, Corky52 wrote:
Also, yeah this sounds like a good idea. Make a scary movie or a funny movie. Or a scary movie that ends up being a funny movie. Something of the sort. We could either plan a plot out before hand or attempt to make it up as we go.

Probably should plan some of it out though.

Let's just write the story but not the dialogue... Retroscript it since improv can be the best comedy. :P Also, I looked at when Comic Con is held and this will most likely take place several weeks before it.

Late June.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 16:37:57

At 2/19/09 04:33 PM, Sekhem wrote: I'm heading up north this summer to visit relatives, it's a possibility depending on the date of course. Centralia sounds like a pretty neat place.

Awesome. :) I found out my Yearbook teacher omce visited there and almost had her eyebrows scorched off when walking through the steam vents...

I also found out, there are tourable caves and crap there.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 17:20:13

Here's an updated list, I'll probably do this at the beginning of each page so you guys don't have to dig through posts.

Likely To Be There:
Ixintro (Duh, really?)
Corky52
Corky52's roommate(s)
Slackerzac
Sarah (Voice of Liana on "Tywo At Large")
Whitey (Sarah's friend)
Rich (Voice of Pat on "Tywo At Large")
Jon (Rich's brother)
Dana (Rich and Jon's bandmate)

Interested In Attending:
BlazingIce
BrandonXDD
DELUCA2400
Luis
Sekhem
Shalashaska-1
TomFulp :D
Timmy

Wow, this list is starting to get awesome already! Anyway, here's an update on policy.

There is NO AGE LIMIT... Minors welcome, half of us are minors anyway...

You don't have to stay the whole time (camp overnight) if you don't want to... As long as you can go somewhere else.

It's gonna be late June most likely for those who are worried it may interfere with other ingagements.

Sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 17:30:41

Things to do before I die:
3. Go to Centralia, Pennsylvania

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 17:32:06

At 2/19/09 05:30 PM, OneLastCaress wrote: Things to do before I die:
3. Go to Centralia, Pennsylvania

Then you're doing it goddamn it!

BBS Signature

Response to Real Silent Hill Meetup '09- Ne Us! 2009-02-19 21:06:03

At 2/19/09 05:34 PM, mranarchy wrote: Dude this shit is looking baddass, you all need to take as many pictures as possible, I'm going to want to see the results of this, certainly the most original NG meet up I've heard of.

Don't worry I'm sure a bunch of people will try to get pictures and everything. Hell Tom even mentioned a video on the first page of this thread, which I thought was a great idea before he even said it. I'm sure I'll take a lot of pictures/videos myself.

Also I encourage people to dress up as characters from the video game for extra nerd factor.

Um, no. D: