00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zhombe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,788,362 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-19 20:32:27

At 3/19/09 07:58 PM, Chronamut wrote: Ronald Jenkees

man, that kid is fucking amazing - I was watchnig his stuff on youtube.. I dont care if he IS autistic - that just makesw his stuff even awesomer - one thing though - is it wrong to think he's cute?

Ronald Jenkees

Yeah, I got linked to his music a while ago. He's really got some keyboard soloing skills as well as the skills to pull together a great song, and make it look easy.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 00:00:39

Ronald Jenkees IS amazing. You should watch his "How to Snap Fingers Like A Pro" video lol...

Also, I bought all his songs last year :)

The Audio Forum Lounge

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 15:59:01

At 3/20/09 02:46 PM, Chronamut wrote: we should make a fan club hahaha..

Yeah, but not here, in C&C.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 21:16:35

At 3/20/09 09:00 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
rig saves the day

Wow, I never would have guess how effeminate Rig is in person. I always imagined him to have a deep growling/booming voice. Kind of like a reese but filtered through a human.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 21:27:08

Sirtom93 is such a funny person. This is all a big joek. the whole of ng is a big joek.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:01:13

At 3/20/09 09:27 PM, Steven-Polley wrote: Sirtom93 is such a funny person. This is all a big joek. the whole of ng is a big joek.

thats joke*
:3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:05:18

Sirtom93

Funny i knew this user he used to fav some of my songs or even reviewed. But the funny part is that the first i heard of this was on wikipedia scroll down to Media and you'll see. So i guess that there is a possiblity i might see one of you guys on the news :P

Now i have a new Hero! RIG!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:12:33

Doesn't Rig always win? I mean really.. does he?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:15:26

you know if someone could take a still shot of him from the interview and make a rig is a hero PHOTOSHOP thread it would be a nice thing to do .. i lack the software to do this.. any takers?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:18:16

At 3/20/09 09:16 PM, Quarl wrote:
Wow, I never would have guess how effeminate Rig is in person. I always imagined him to have a deep growling/booming voice. Kind of like a reese but filtered through a human.

you know i always thought the same thing.. Rig looks like a guy i used to work in an espresso bar with. But i dont think rig can do latte art

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-20 22:19:40

But! he doesn't consider himself a hero! How modest!

Rig did you actually say, "I don't consider myself a hero" or did the bastards twist your words.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 00:52:40

At 3/20/09 09:16 PM, Quarl wrote: Wow, I never would have guess how effeminate Rig is in person. I always imagined him to have a deep growling/booming voice. Kind of like a reese but filtered through a human.

EXCUSE MY ESTROGEN :C

At 3/20/09 10:12 PM, Sungazer wrote: Doesn't Rig always win? I mean really.. does he?

Yes. Always.

At 3/20/09 10:15 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: you know if someone could take a still shot of him from the interview and make a rig is a hero PHOTOSHOP thread it would be a nice thing to do

Or, you know, just click the picture in my sig.

At 3/20/09 10:19 PM, Envy wrote: Rig did you actually say, "I don't consider myself a hero" or did the bastards twist your words.

No, I said things to that effect. I mean, all I really did was make a phone call. :P
But it's nice to be called one. haha

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 01:10:43

Rig Rig!!! Jade is mailing me pictures of you in da news!!! How exciting!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 12:34:30

Well done rig. All I can say. :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 12:41:17

At 3/21/09 12:34 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Well done rig. All I can say. :)

yeah, phoning those cops and all. You're electroacoustics schooling really paid off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 14:30:58

Haha Rig you almost have a neckbeard!

Seriously though, you look like a computer programmer. But then again, if you lose the glasses and shave the neck, you'd probably look like a douche, so I'd stick with the computer programmer look.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 17:23:47

Handy chords pdf
For those of you that look up chords notes from time to time (like I do)...
I usually go here (first result with google for 'keyboard chords').
But I found that a bit annoying, so I took out some time and made a nice pdf of all the chords you can see on there. And I figured other people might find this chordlist useful too. :)
Go download the pdf I made here.
I hope it can be useful to anyone.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 17:52:59

Chords

Weird. I just realized that I know pretty much every chord I'll ever need for composition. It's easy. Think about it like this:

Okay, you start with C major scale. And the main chord for that is C-E-G, with an optional B if you wanna do four-note chords. Starting from there, you move up:

D-F-A *C
E-G-B *D
F-A-C *E
G-B-D *F

and so on. You could compose a whole song without changing a note in the C major scale.\

An important not though is this: You can invert chords to get a different sound. For instance:

C-D-F-A
A-B-D-E
E-F-A-C

*Note: I wouldn't recommend starting a chord sequence with any of these chords. It just doesn't sound right.

But the real challenge is knowing what chord to switch to when you want to elicit a certain feeling. That's the hardest part for me, personally.

With the above said though, I would rather publish a guide to understanding chords rather than a guide illustrating each and every chord. First of all, it saves you energy and second, it gives the composer much more understanding of the scales.

But I do have one question: Is it possible to compose a song completely in a harmonic minor scale? Cuz I've tried it and it's come out pretty badly. Is harmonic minor one of those scales useful only for transition?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 18:09:10

RIGS A HERO

He saved my kitty that was stuck in a tree. :D

Also I saw Symbol Cymbol on TV on Rig's computer. Lucky bastard

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 20:05:58

Handy Chords PDF

Thanks for that. I used have a chart on my wall, but I'm moving soon, so it's already packed away :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-21 20:37:11

Chords

I just use this

Harmonic minor lol

At 3/21/09 05:52 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Is it possible to compose a song completely in a harmonic minor scale?

I did that once (excuse my totally related plug), so it's fully possible, but as you can hear, it sounds pretty... gimmick-y. I love it though, you get to use some augmented chords and stuff without moving out of the scale

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 00:15:07

Harmonic Minor

Wait a minute....I thought harmonic minor was supposed to be this:

A-B-C-D-E-F#-G#-A

What you composed the song in was
A-Bb-C-D-E-F-G-A, if I'm not mistaken. I do recognize that scale cuz I've used it on multiple occasions. It sounds Arabic. I need to check up on my scale names again. I'll be back....

Btw, if you use the scale A-B-C-D#-E-F-G#-A, it sounds freaking terrifying in a song without losing it's melody, as opposed to my other favorite terror scale, A-B-C-D-Eb-F-Gb-Ab-A. (it loses melody because it follows the pattern of 2step-1step, causing an 8 note chord which just sounds like instrument sound effect. Good for transitions when using the above scale though. Just sharing a little melodic info ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 00:21:57

Whoops

Just checked it out. The scale I was thinking of was melodic minor, not harmonic minor. That's the one that's rarely used, if at all.

I use harmonic minor all the time, in fact it's damn near a staple in most of my songs. Hell, that was one of the first scales I knew back when I didn't know shitcakes about composition.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 01:26:24

Girls on Newgrounds

http://kirsten70yz.newgrounds.com/

She is a freakin 28 year old. She just PMed me asking to join her chat. Did anybody else get that kind of message from "her"?

Can someone tell my why a 28 year old "female" is on Newgrounds?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 01:44:43

Yeah, don't you know? NG is being invaded by a sex-chat service. I got a similar PM from a 27 year old chubby girl. We had fun, you know, she sucks good cock too. But she gave me crabs, which wasn't so fun.

Now I go scratch-scratch-scratch instead of fap-fap-fap :'(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 02:42:04

At 3/22/09 01:26 AM, Sungazer wrote: Can someone tell my why a 28 year old "female" is on Newgrounds?

I believe the question really is...why is a 28 year old "Female" that looks like that is on NG? hahah. I got one of those MSG's myself.

Wyldfyre1

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 02:55:54

At 3/22/09 02:42 AM, wyldfyre1 wrote:
At 3/22/09 01:26 AM, Sungazer wrote: Can someone tell my why a 28 year old "female" is on Newgrounds?
I believe the question really is...why is a 28 year old "Female" that looks like that is on NG? hahah. I got one of those MSG's myself.

Ha!! I knew that was kinda fishy when i got that msg i knew at first hand that there isnt something right going on. hmm i pitty the fools who would fall for this obvious trap.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 02:56:44

Bots sending Adult PMs

Yeah. I've gotten one on this account, and one on the ElectronicEP account as well.

Seems someone either had enough time to create thousands of accounts and send thousands of PMs, or there's some kind of bot in the system.

I SUSPECT YOU, F-BOT.

jaykay.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-22 03:10:24

At 3/22/09 02:56 AM, nal1200 wrote:
I SUSPECT YOU, F-BOT.

jaykay.

what if these messages are just from a no life 40 year old who's on the computer 24/7. and is completely bored out if his mind.