00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,282 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 01:41:06

At 3/22/09 10:01 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote: Literature Portal

A Literature Portal? Is this for storywriters or scripters? More specifically, is this going to be where novelists can post their stories, or is this for writers posting scripts that can be used by animators?

Most likely both. Tom's recognised the healthy interest in short fiction on this site, so he'd be a fool to limit it only to script writing. I imagine it'll be separated much like the audio portal genres. Poetry, screenplays, short stories, flash fiction, non fiction, novels, etc. etc.

The day the lit portal opens, I will crush you all. No joke, I'm a much better writer than I am a musician.

;D

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 02:03:57

At 3/23/09 01:41 AM, WritersBlock wrote:

A Literature Portal? Is this for storywriters or scripters? More specifically, is this going to be where novelists can post their stories, or is this for writers posting scripts that can be used by animators?
Most likely both. Tom's recognised the healthy interest in short fiction on this site, so he'd be a fool to limit it only to script writing. I imagine it'll be separated much like the audio portal genres. Poetry, screenplays, short stories, flash fiction, non fiction, novels, etc. etc.

The day the lit portal opens, I will crush you all. No joke, I'm a much better writer than I am a musician.

;D

It'd be nice to see some of those heavily underused banner buttons at the top replaced with more useful sections...

i.e. "Chat" "Lit" "NG Mag" "Network" and "Rankings."

Even "Collections" and "Series" are tad bit useless. Of course, I personally never use those so that's really only my opinion.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 05:09:50

Sound Design

Sound design is fucking awesome

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 06:02:03

New Sections

At 3/23/09 02:03 AM, nal1200 wrote: It'd be nice to see some of those heavily underused banner buttons at the top replaced with more useful sections...

i.e. "Chat" "Lit" "NG Mag" "Network" and "Rankings."

Actually, I'd really love to see the NG Mag up and running! It really has a whole lot of unused potential (that is: it's unused), and no-one seems to care! And I'm sure that a whole lot of people on NG would lke writing some articles from time to time, myself included.

I'm afraid I can't really say that I give a shit about the upcoming Art Portal. Never really been interested in such things, but I guess that people who like it will be thrilled.

Although I can't honestly say that I see how either the Lit or Art Portal could work. The rating system will be kinda hard to apply to them, and without it, it wouldn't be NG. Besides, the amount of stolen work will probably be off the charts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 07:58:19

At 3/23/09 06:02 AM, Hades0013 wrote: Although I can't honestly say that I see how either the Lit or Art Portal could work. The rating system will be kinda hard to apply to them, and without it, it wouldn't be NG. Besides, the amount of stolen work will probably be off the charts.

Cue art and lit mods.

I've heard talk that they've already thought this aspect through already.
Call in the world police!

but seriously, I have heard that they've thought it through a bit.

The Audio Forum Lounge

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 15:10:39

Art & Writing Portal

At 3/22/09 09:58 PM, Chronamut wrote: the day it opens I crush you all - and thats no joke - I am much better at art than I am at music :)

This is true.
Lol, I might make some more isometric drawings and do some isometric pixel art in mspaint when the art portal comes out.
As for writing... My english is still not good enough to actually write good stuff =/
Oh well. I wonder if erotically tinted stories would be allowed to then, then they should slap on ratings too :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 15:53:42

I'm actually looking forward to both of these. I can draw detailed images in Flash, but I can't animate to save my life, but I'd kill to host some of my artwork here. Also, whenever I feel a notion to make up some random short story, I'd be able to host it here and get some reviews. However, too many things will be stolen, which can help some, and hurt others. If someone knows that it was stolen, at least they can earn Whistle and Blam points, providing they can supply a link to the original image or story ^_^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 15:55:42

i have a drawing ability, id play yahoo graffiti all time, havent drawn seriosly for years, id enhoy this portal, i dont even watch flash movies, my tablet is crappy, i prefer paper but i dont have a scnnaer

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 17:03:40

Art Portal!

Yeah! I also am looking foward to it. I mean i am good at Art too! i mean LOOK AT IT!! LOOK AT IT I TELL YOU!!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 17:35:38

At 3/23/09 05:03 PM, YouriX wrote: Art Portal!

Yeah! I also am looking foward to it. I mean i am good at Art too! i mean LOOK AT IT!! LOOK AT IT I TELL YOU!!

You know, that looks a lot like the art style used in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

if you played the game, you know what I mean

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 18:03:56

Honestly, I think the limit here on newgrounds is Flash, Audio, and Art portal.. because most of the newgrounds users have a 3 minute attention span. And most of them probably did not come here to read..

But if it's for animators to use to help write flashes, then I don't know. It might be a good idea.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 18:10:44

At 3/23/09 06:03 PM, Sungazer wrote: Honestly, I think the limit here on newgrounds is Flash, Audio, and Art portal.. because most of the newgrounds users have a 3 minute attention span.

I agree completely.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 18:23:39

Dnb Break
Hey guys, it's been awhile since i posted in the lounge, but I need help on a simple matter. I've been looking for this break for awhile and I noticed it in this song by wisp
So I was wondering if anyone new the name of the said break that comes in around 4:50

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 18:26:52

Art Portal!

At 3/23/09 05:35 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote:

You know, that looks a lot like the art style used in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

if you played the game, you know what I mean

I never played the game but saw the trailer! thanks for the compliment! See! We do need the Art portal!

And what happen to using BOLD titles!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 21:10:01

Extra Portals

Personally, I'm looking forward to the lit portal. While I've dabbled a bit in hand-drawing, which is easily my best skill in terms of visual art (and that's not too good itself) I'm pretty damn good at churning out a composition pretty hastily. I'm hoping that the lit portal has a section for opinion pieces too, as I'd like to submit both short stories (not fanfiction. I have my reasons) and politically moderate propaganda.

Relative theories?

In relation with the above topic, I came up with an interesting concept one day when I was walking home from work. I don't know if I mentioned this in the lounge before (too lazy to check) but did anyone notice that many of the techniques in music also loosely apply to other genres too? Like the concept of building/losing tension, which applies both to music and literature, or the concept of Unity, which applies to both paintings and music. There's repetition and pattern, relative between music and art. There's climax and setting, relative to music and literature (the latter one referring to instrument choice and chord choice). You see where I'm going?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 21:12:24

My, what big eyes you have.....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 22:57:01

Literature Portal

You know, I'm really concerned about the Literature Portal. I fear that it'll just be flooded with a bunch of boring stories and tons of crappy scripts. I'm sure there are a few Newgrounders that are exceptional writers, but there are many more that may just flood the Lit Portal with tons of uninteresting stories and/or scripts.

I'm just wondering how the new mods will take care of this if it becomes a problem. Is there going to be an approval process like the Audio Portal, or is everything submitted put "Under Judgement", like the Flash Portal?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 23:18:22

Art Portal

I'd like to see them finish the damn audio portal before any other portals are added lol.

Plus who wants a ton of half naked anime chick drawings clogging the bandwidth.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 23:40:05

At 3/23/09 11:18 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Art Portal

I'd like to see them finish the damn audio portal before any other portals are added lol.

I'll have to agree there. Just imagin all the Furry pics that would appear in an Art portal.

Wyldfyre1

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-23 23:52:00

At 3/23/09 11:40 PM, wyldfyre1 wrote:

I'll have to agree there. Just imagin all the Furry pics that would appear in an Art portal.

Wait, there's going to be an art portal. I'm so out of date with what's been going on here. What would be the point of it anyway? Everything here is art, really.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 00:19:29

Art Portal

who wants a ton of half naked anime chick drawings clogging the bandwidth.

Ummm, no one :P

FFFFFfffff.....fuck. Just now thought about that. o.O

At 3/23/09 11:52 PM, DevonAkins wrote:
Wait, there's going to be an art portal. I'm so out of date with what's been going on here. What would be the point of it anyway? Everything here is art, really.

True, true. But the thing is, they're trying to expand and give more publicity to Newgrounds Art. You know, give artists more recognition for their amazing artwork. Plus, there's talk of using PayPal to sell artwork and commissions.

Sure, we have the Art Forum in the BBS, but a Portal specifically for art sounds like a good idea IMO. Rather than just complimenting someone's work and getting post count +1, you can write a full review and possibly even vote to gain experience.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 11:23:51

Visual Art Portal

I prefer to call it that since art is a pretty broad term.

I predict....that the art portal.......will be absolutely chocked-full of....Anime drawings! Hell, they might even end up with a Hentai section, though that's a little less unlikely. That and crappy MSPaint dicks.

I don't see the Paypal feature being of any use, as a person could literally just Copy/Paste.

And face it, they've given up on the Audio Port.

Lit Portal

There's a good chance it could end up as another fan-fiction site. I'm not a particular fan of that happening, I'd rather see completely original stories than stories with half of the plot and setting established before the story even began.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 11:56:25

Art Portal

What the fuck? People have their showcase threads in the art forum already. Art portal just screams "SPAM!" right in my face.
Also, everyone in the art community here is a douche. And can't really draw.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 13:11:16

At 3/24/09 11:56 AM, Ambimetric wrote: Art Portal

What the fuck? People have their showcase threads in the art forum already. Art portal just screams "SPAM!" right in my face.
Also, everyone in the art community here is a douche. And can't really draw.

The art forum was created because the art portal wasn't finished yet actually :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 14:59:41

At 3/22/09 08:27 PM, Chronamut wrote: its ok - im sure syntrus is just one of zenon's alts neways :P

No thats insulting to both of us. Zenon has a different genre. Hes about ten times the base whore. And he also likes his music faster then I do. But we do live closer together. Yet hes from northeren saskatchewan and I'm from southeren Alberta which is like a ten hour drive. Plus I'm an obese kidface and hes a skinny little glasses wearer.

I think the forum regs should be crystal clear with who there alts are.

I have one

Sytrqs -hes a nobody.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:17:07

ALTS

At 3/24/09 02:59 PM, Syntrus wrote: I think the forum regs should be crystal clear with who there alts are.

I am cast's alt. :(

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:21:42

_RUCKLO_

}----------I hate you this much-----------{

The End.

;)

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:35:19

Art Portal

Ohh god the horrors...... Have you seen the 12 year olds on deviantART thats how bad it would be.... not pretty....

IM BACK!

"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:40:42

Art Portal
I just hope there'll be a BLAM and protect system on there too, to save use from the spam.

Silly homework
I just had to draw a heat sink and a TO-3 transistor in isometric perspective for my power electronics class. And I can tell you, that takes a bloody long time, and I didn't learnanything electronics related from it. Silly assignment that just took a load of time >.>

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:48:54

Silly Homework

At 3/24/09 05:40 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I just had to draw a heat sink and a TO-3 transistor in isometric perspective for my power electronics class. And I can tell you, that takes a bloody long time, and I didn't learnanything electronics related from it. Silly assignment that just took a load of time >.>

You think that's bad? How 'bout this situation:

1.) You get an assignment from a completely incompetent teacher that can't put two sentences together. The assignment is reading 200 pages of literature on nothing other thanRUSSIAN formalism. (note that the word RUSSIAN is in bold letters)

2.) Now comes the good part: You have to make him an essay in which you answer a few of his stupid questions that wouldn't normally require any effort if you didn't need to browse 200 pages (previously mentioned above) to find the correct answers.

3.) Now comes the best part: This is a part of a study of the SWEDISH language. (notice how the language in bold letters isn't the same as the one in the first step)

4.) W.

5.) T.

6.) F?

BBS Signature