00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fireskull666 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,791,126 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-08 18:54:18

At 5/8/17 06:38 PM, garlagan wrote: just spent a more than fair amount of time customising a spotify embed code only to get this after hitting submit
y

Try contacting @TomFulp about it? I wanted to embed stuff from Xbox.com and that got fixed. There's hope!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 08:32:07

At 5/8/17 06:38 PM, garlagan wrote: just spent a more than fair amount of time customising a spotify embed code only to get this after hitting submit
y

Can you try again now? I added spotify to our whitelist.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 16:07:18

Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 18:09:35

At 5/8/17 06:54 PM, EDM364 wrote: Try contacting @TomFulp about it? I wanted to embed stuff from Xbox.com and that got fixed. There's hope!

thank you so much!

At 5/9/17 08:32 AM, TomFulp wrote: Can you try again now? I added spotify to our whitelist.

thanks Tom, it works now!

At 5/9/17 04:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.

Troisnyx pls

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 19:17:14

At 5/9/17 06:09 PM, garlagan wrote:
At 5/9/17 04:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.
Troisnyx pls

I wasn't referring to or directing it at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-11 11:33:11

Door creaks, footsteps echo as dust particles rise up from the floor....

"Hello?"

No answer.

"It's me you guys..."

The AF Lounge remains completely silent.

"I-I'm back, I guess..."

Still no response. This can't be right, he thought to himself. Way in the back of the room, in a corner that was not visible due to the absence of light, he hears a somewhat familar sound.

"@Troisnyx? Is that you? You still modding around?"

The sound fades to nothing.

"Hey guys I now it's been long, but I just wanted to mention that I'm finally done with my internship and was planning to spend some more time here. Although I wasn't really expecting it to be this...quiet."

As his voice fades in the distance, Oakwood realises that, during his absence, something must have happened in the AFL. He closes the door behind him and glances at the void in front of him. As he sits down against the wall, his eyes start acclimating to the darkness and he is able to distinguish silhouettes moving towards him in a very slow pace. He takes a flask containing an unknown substance out of his inner pocket, takes a sip and closes his eyes as he says to himself:

"At last, the Regulars...."

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-11 12:22:38

At 8/11/17 11:33 AM, Oakwood wrote: "@Troisnyx? Is that you? You still modding around?"

Meeeeeep.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-12 06:45:44

At 8/11/17 11:33 AM, Oakwood wrote: Door creaks, footsteps echo as dust particles rise up from the floor....

"Hello?"

Oh wow just how far did you have to go to dredge the lounge back up?

Anyway, hello! How'd your internship go?

---

I just finished building another little module for my ongoing modular synth thing. It's a foldback distortion of my own design, with the twist that you can feed in an external threshold voltage. If you stick an oscillator in there it can make for messed up waveshaping. Pretty fun. Credit to @BrenTheMan for naming the thing "MICHSTORTION" as I showed stuff in chat when I was working on it.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-12 12:59:46

At 8/12/17 06:45 AM, Mich wrote: I just finished building "MICHSTORTION"

Awwww how symmetrical!! So very real life accomplishedt!!!

On that note, I recently premiered my first chamber-esque performable piece and it was great because I miscalculated how little time four rehearsals is for such ambitiousness, so I ended up doubling the choir and going at a much slower speed than I originally intended. But I ain't mad, everything went great in the end, and I'm very glad to have had the learning experience. Maybe if there's a next time, I'll be way more sensible.

If you wanna watch the performance/me being totes fat and annoying:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5v4uozl7dgr7v5/Bienen%20Beispiel.mov

And look at how pretty the music looks except not okay great goodbye!

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-12 13:51:22

At 8/12/17 06:45 AM, Mich wrote: I just finished building another little module for my ongoing modular synth thing.

From idea to realization in what, 2-3 weeks, and that's with shipping parts from China?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-14 09:37:23

At 8/12/17 01:51 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 8/12/17 06:45 AM, Mich wrote: I just finished building another little module for my ongoing modular synth thing.
From idea to realization in what, 2-3 weeks, and that's with shipping parts from China?

It had actually been siting around in prototype stage (on breadboard) for weeks on end, after playing around with the concept in a simulator; so quite a bit longer. Once I get a move on designing the PCB it can be pretty quick if I splurge on fast shipping though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-14 11:19:24

Boo

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-08-16 06:36:03

At 8/12/17 06:45 AM, Mich wrote:
At 8/11/17 11:33 AM, Oakwood wrote: Door creaks, footsteps echo as dust particles rise up from the floor....

"Hello?"
Oh wow just how far did you have to go to dredge the lounge back up?

Anyway, hello! How'd your internship go?

No idea, but my guess is that it was way past 10 pages.

The internship went pretty well, it was my first so it was quite the experience. First assessor gave me a 7/10, second assessor a 8.5/10 so I'm good. This year I'm taking things slow college-wise, I'll receive my bachelors degree in January and take the rest of the year off to focus more on work and music.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-14 11:12:54 (edited 2017-12-14 11:22:12)

Inactivity

You guys let the lounge drop back all the way to page 7. Young bloods doing it wrong, don't you kids have little things in your lives worth discussing? Our favorite bands? Chicks who have broken our hearts? The Matrix?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-15 15:26:38

Here, I'll show you kids how it's done.

Holidays

Everyone is getting wool socks.

Had some extra money this season after moving in with my boyfriend. Spent the extra cash on gifts. I ordered a couple of baskets full of bakery goods for the immediate family, dad and brother. Got them a few bags of coffee beans, a ton of muffins, scones, and chai. I realized I had some catching up to do for years of poor gift giving. I almost got my brother and his wife bows for archery and shooting targets. Maybe next year...

Is anyone else going out of their way to get their people good gifts or are you all Jewish? I've been inactive for a while so I have no idea if you all converted religions or changed your genders. I currently identify as a version of myself three seconds in the past, continuously time traveling my way forwards through time.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-15 15:40:28

At 12/15/17 03:26 PM, Quarl wrote: Here, I'll show you kids how it's done.

Holidays

Everyone is getting wool socks.

Wow Quarl, you're really selfless and beautiful. Your gift giving has inspired me to gift you something as well this holiday season! In fact, everyone should mail Quarl gifts. On the subject of giving people gifts I'm going to get my immediate family a few bags of coffee beans, a ton of muffins, scones, and some chai.

DUMB STEP :D :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-15 16:01:03

At 12/15/17 03:26 PM, Quarl wrote: Is anyone else going out of their way to get their people good gifts or are you all Jewish?

Does it count if I'm Christian but celebrate like a Messianic Jew?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-15 20:56:48

At 12/15/17 04:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
Does it count if I'm Christian but celebrate like a Messianic Jew?

I assume anything is possible D:

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-18 04:06:07 (edited 2017-12-18 04:08:12)

Holidays

We've actually gone out of our way and prepared some Christmas cards this year, mainly to feel a bit less like bad people when they're passed around at family gatherings. Yay.

I'm going to go see my family in Belgium, and this time I've taken time off for the entire time instead of just the travel days; planning to go meet some old friends, maybe watch the new Star Wars together or something.

Synth shenanigans

I've been slowly but somewhat steadily working on a sequencer module, and decided to make the actual "clock generator" part of it its own thing (the part that sets the tempo and sends pulses that trigger other things). Having that thing installed let me make a techno thing with kick, "cymbal", and a bassline that I'm pretty happy about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPTp0Q5doE

EDIT: pics or it didn't happen

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-19 00:50:16

sup nerds

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-29 06:54:18 (edited 2017-12-29 06:59:29)

I miss this place.
*Sigh*
Maybe soon'

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-29 19:06:22 (edited 2017-12-29 19:08:56)

anyways post: keEP THE CEILING ON IN THE MASTER AT ALL TIMES 0db CAUsE CLIPPING WILL OCCuR IF YOU DON'T Keep THE CEILING AT 0DB IN THE MASTer ON THE LIMITER

KEEP THE CEILING AT MAXIMUM WHEN YOU'RE SIDECHAINING IN FL USING FRUITY LIMITER

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-30 20:38:56

At 12/29/17 07:06 PM, TestUser472 wrote: anyways post: keEP THE CEILING ON IN THE MASTER AT ALL TIMES 0db CAUsE CLIPPING WILL OCCuR IF YOU DON'T Keep THE CEILING AT 0DB IN THE MASTer ON THE LIMITER

The master limiter is a freaking godsend, but it's no excuse for not leaving any headroom in your mix brah.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-31 16:34:34

At 12/29/17 07:06 PM, TestUser472 wrote: anyways post: keEP THE CEILING ON IN THE MASTER AT ALL TIMES 0db CAUsE CLIPPING WILL OCCuR IF YOU DON'T Keep THE CEILING AT 0DB IN THE MASTer ON THE LIMITER

KEEP THE CEILING AT MAXIMUM WHEN YOU'RE SIDECHAINING IN FL USING FRUITY LIMITER

The saturation clipping in FL Limiter can actually sound nice depending on the music you're creating.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-12-31 21:53:55

At 12/18/17 04:06 AM, Mich wrote: Synth shenanigans

Took some time out to sit down and watch this, since the thread has been dead. This actually made my night. I think watching you play with this stuff is more entertaining than the music itself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2018-01-03 19:00:22

Hi there
Been a while... So, new year, new plans.
Meanwhile, bought some new guitars, a bass ukulele (awesome instrument), I have a 3 years old son now, not so much free time, so now I'm teaching him some stuff... trying... which leads me to the next question:

WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO PLAY TRUMPET?
I started, as part of my job, to write some trumpet tutorials. Those are targeted very wide to kids from 6 to 20 years old.
Are you interested? Should I start a thread updated weekly with new lessons? free music sheet, free backing tracks to practice, eventually videos and me being available to answer questions?
If there's anyone interested, I'll start it. All you need is a trumpet. You can find a cheap pocket trumpet under 90$.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2018-01-08 02:34:29

here's an update on my life.

my girlfriend and i moved into a new apartment, and we're all settled in. my career is going well, got a promotion recently. i haven't recorded anything in a long time, probably gonna change that soon. life is good though.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2018-01-12 05:00:39

10 years

Would you look at that, my account is 10 years old today.

At 1/8/18 02:34 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: here's an update on my life.

my girlfriend and i moved into a new apartment, and we're all settled in. my career is going well, got a promotion recently. i haven't recorded anything in a long time, probably gonna change that soon. life is good though.

Awesome, hope the apartment is cozy and you get along well living together (did you live together previously, or just moving in together now?).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2018-01-12 10:19:11

At 1/12/18 05:00 AM, Mich wrote: 10 years

Would you look at that, my account is 10 years old today.

congrats! if i had kept my old account, it'd be 15 this year

At 1/8/18 02:34 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: here's an update on my life.

Awesome, hope the apartment is cozy and you get along well living together (did you live together previously, or just moving in together now?).

we've lived together for about 8 months now (in three different locations, long story) and yeah, we get along great. happiest 8 months of my life.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2018-01-13 12:12:04

At 12/29/17 06:54 AM, LunyAlex wrote: I miss this place.
*Sigh*
Maybe soon

Me same except two weeks later :(

BBS Signature