00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,787,760 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-20 04:46:19

At 11/20/15 04:39 AM, XKiller300 wrote: help me on a music

help me on a music

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-21 14:16:48 (edited 2015-11-21 14:18:13)

First time I have to use the train to get to a gig. Is this what touring feels like?

Edit: Damn cellphone posts, screwing up my picture >:(

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-21 18:29:04

At 11/20/15 04:39 AM, XKiller300 wrote: So, is there a composer to help me on a music for GMD?

Or you could just look through the hundreds of thousands of songs already on the portal.
Seriously, it's not that hard.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-21 23:40:37 (edited 2015-11-21 23:42:55)

At 11/21/15 06:29 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 11/20/15 04:39 AM, XKiller300 wrote: So, is there a composer to help me on a music for GMD?
Or you could just look through the hundreds of thousands of songs already on the portal.
Seriously, it's not that hard.

Maybe he wants a song everyone hasn't used a thousand times over? I mean, Deadlocked has been used for umpteen thousand things, including the official one. As long as there isn't a crazy deadline and I'd get a credit, I might be interested.

Instaudio stuff
@Mich, didn't see that before I replied to the above. That's good to hear and very cool to know it's growing. You know, with the volume of traffic, you could probably use AdSense on it to help it sustain itself as it grows, now that I think about it.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-22 15:43:19

At 11/21/15 02:16 PM, Oakwood wrote: First time I have to use the train to get to a gig. Is this what touring feels like?

Nice thigh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-24 19:49:41

At 11/21/15 02:16 PM, Oakwood wrote: First time I have to use the train to get to a gig. Is this what touring feels like?

How's the deck?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-24 20:09:24

At 11/24/15 07:49 PM, Hikari wrote:

How's the deck?

It's pretty sweet. The controls are flawless and the whole thing looks very shiny. The sync button doesn't work for beatmatching but I can live with that. Only downside is that it's pretty wide so I can't fit it in my travel bag, that's why I have to drag it along in the box.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-25 04:07:57

At 11/24/15 08:09 PM, Oakwood wrote:
At 11/24/15 07:49 PM, Hikari wrote:

How's the deck?
It's pretty sweet. The controls are flawless and the whole thing looks very shiny. The sync button doesn't work for beatmatching but I can live with that. Only downside is that it's pretty wide so I can't fit it in my travel bag, that's why I have to drag it along in the box.

That's beautiful, I wouldn't be able to live with out a good beat sync (probably because I suck!). Are you doing most of your own songs or are you doing a mixed set or what? Price vs Function how would you rate it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-25 14:34:49

For those know stuff about computers, is it better to upgrade a pre-built PC or to build one from scratch?
I know that DIY-ing that shit means you have more choices in parts since you're choosing every little bit, but is it worth it financially?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-25 15:28:52

At 11/25/15 02:34 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: For those know stuff about computers, is it better to upgrade a pre-built PC or to build one from scratch?
I know that DIY-ing that shit means you have more choices in parts since you're choosing every little bit, but is it worth it financially?

I think it is worth financially. I built mine too and the specs of my pc are better than most prebuilt pcs from 700€

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-26 03:30:48

At 11/25/15 02:34 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: For those know stuff about computers, is it better to upgrade a pre-built PC or to build one from scratch?

They honestly make it pretty dummy proof. I would bite the bullet and diy it. If you want I can help you pick parts based on what you have, what you need, and your budget if you like.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-26 22:11:51

At 11/25/15 04:07 AM, Hikari wrote: That's beautiful, I wouldn't be able to live with out a good beat sync (probably because I suck!). Are you doing most of your own songs or are you doing a mixed set or what? Price vs Function how would you rate it?

I actually never play any of my own songs. It's not very expensive and totally worth the buck. I got it with a discount and a free pair of Numakt headphones too.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-29 17:33:19

-moving this over here, cause I went full retard and didn't read the rules like a pleb.-

Hey everyone,

My name is Max and I go by the stage name Athanasia. I used to write music here once upon a time as FiendØ, after that I then moved on to go to college and started a new alias called Dope Arcade. It was originally a duo where I did just about everything there was to it, so after me and the other member had a falling out, I started to go back to just doing everything solo. At that time I didn't want to be known by Dope Arcade or be trapped into that type of musical style for the rest of my life, so I started something dark new and fresh. I'm coming back to Newgrounds cause this is where it all started for me. This is where I discovered my passion for music and the community here has always been so strong ever since I can remember.

I'm afraid I don't know much about how things have changed here so that's why I'm reintroducing myself and just spreading the word of my existence I suppose. I made my first upload but there seems to be a new scouting feature that has me kind of interested, so that's what also lead to me making this post. Hopefully someone can help me with that.

Regardless,

Thank you for reading my post, have a great day, and hopefully you guys enjoy the new music!

PS:

Link to my first upload back here if anyone is curious ^_^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-11-30 17:52:49

http://troisnyx.newgrounds.com/news/post/948107
End of this post has a little bit about Seán and myself having Camoshark and Jiimaan over for a day during their little journey through Britain. It was really wonderful ^_^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-03 17:35:58

At 11/25/15 03:28 PM, AeronMusic wrote: I think it is worth financially. I built mine too and the specs of my pc are better than most prebuilt pcs from 700€
At 11/26/15 03:30 AM, Hikari wrote: They honestly make it pretty dummy proof. I would bite the bullet and diy it.
At 11/25/15 04:28 PM, Nepsotic wrote: Building from scratch is always preferred. It's really not that difficult to learn how, either.

Sorry for falling off the face of the earth for a bit, life's got me busy.
But thanks for the answers! I'm not really gonna do anything too fancy besides gaming and a bit of video editing or music thingies so asdjfhjlg

I don't have a budget for the moment, being a student and all.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-03 18:02:05

At 12/3/15 04:09 AM, Lich wrote: Repost of the day: In relation to recent events

Never knew a 'terrorist synthesiser' only had a few keys.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-03 20:54:14

So, I left for about 6 years...
Come back, and not much is happening in the forum.
Think to myself "Hmm... wonder what the last topics I replied to were?"
*looks through last 15 posts, all from 2009*
"Wow... I was an asshole!"
Guess that's what happens when you go from age 19 to age 25 and then read back on what you wrote at 19...

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I missed you guys. :X

Gratz to Troisnyx... I don't envy you. Once upon a time, I wished to be a mod... now, you couldn't pay me to do it.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-04 02:28:29

At 12/3/15 08:54 PM, TwilightNecrosis wrote: I wished to be a mod... now, you couldn't pay me to do it.

Welcome back, I to just came back after a long break. You missed nothing, jk, it's nice here as always. Got to love trying to figure out how to stealthily advertise with every movement you make on newgrounds. All that aside, and for a second time, welcome back!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-05 20:24:50

I uploaded my newest track on twitter and it was liked and I am now being followed by a famous composer who likes it.

I don't get praised by famous big time composers every day so I am kinda happy. :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-05 20:57:35

At 12/5/15 08:24 PM, Deshiel wrote: I uploaded my newest track on twitter and it was liked and I am now being followed by a famous composer who likes it.

I don't get praised by famous big time composers every day so I am kinda happy. :)

Yeah, Twitter is a great way to share your tracks if you tag correctly. Engagement isn't that wonderful but it does work to raise traffic. Congrats man :)

I'm trying to see if there's some way to embed the NG audio player into tweets. That'd be convenient as hell and I'm sure @TomFulp wouldn't mind any extra traffic to NG, rather than letting SoundCloud soak up all the delicious embeds. The reason why is that the player has a nifty button to head on over to the track on NG. Is this already possible and I just missed the boat?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-05 21:04:08 (edited 2015-12-05 21:04:54)

At 12/5/15 08:57 PM, EDM364 wrote:
At 12/5/15 08:24 PM, Deshiel wrote: I uploaded my newest track on twitter and it was liked and I am now being followed by a famous composer who likes it.

Yeah, Twitter is a great way to share your tracks if you tag correctly. Engagement isn't that wonderful but it does work to raise traffic. Congrats man :)

I'm trying to see if there's some way to embed the NG audio player into tweets. That'd be convenient as hell and I'm sure @TomFulp wouldn't mind any extra traffic to NG, rather than letting SoundCloud soak up all the delicious embeds. The reason why is that the player has a nifty button to head on over to the track on NG. Is this already possible and I just missed the boat?

Yeah... I'd love embeded ng player for tweets. I usualy tweet my music from either youtube and soundcloud now because it has a player and it looks fancy. But I would fug them all in favor of Newgrounds everyday!

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-05 22:47:01 (edited 2015-12-05 22:47:47)

At 12/5/15 09:04 PM, Deshiel wrote: Yeah... I'd love embeded ng player for tweets. I usualy tweet my music from either youtube and soundcloud now because it has a player and it looks fancy. But I would fug them all in favor of Newgrounds everyday!

Yeah, in my experience, SoundCloud doesn't pay artists and is basically freemium, and why should I have to upload a 3 gig video to YT for good sound quality if NG has a built in visualizer and a good looping function. That's the real draw for me and always has been. Plus, NG isn't plugged with a lot of commercial artists who don't need help getting paid.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-06 09:39:59

At 12/3/15 08:54 PM, TwilightNecrosis wrote: Gratz to Troisnyx... I don't envy you. Once upon a time, I wished to be a mod... now, you couldn't pay me to do it.

Ditto, and I was one for a while. Now I admire those who take time out to be a mod. With a full time job every free moment is precious.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-07 11:52:52

>puts slice of spoiled cheesecake onto table
>lights one birthday candle and rams it into cheesecake at an awkward angle
>sits at table alone in vast darkness
>sudden choking and gagging on blood

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-07 14:25:00

At 12/7/15 11:52 AM, ZipZipper wrote: >puts slice of spoiled cheesecake onto table
>lights one birthday candle and rams it into cheesecake at an awkward angle
>sits at table alone in vast darkness
>sudden choking and gagging on blood

This actually sounds like a nice addition to a horror film. Who's doing the choking?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-07 22:42:40

At 12/7/15 02:25 PM, EDM364 wrote: Who's doing the choking?

Everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-10 05:25:28

Hey there guys. Just wanted to tell everyone that I WILL BE DONE WITH SCHOOL HOPEFULLY FOREVER NEXT WEEK.

That is all.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-10 06:28:58

At 12/10/15 05:25 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Hey there guys. Just wanted to tell everyone that I WILL BE DONE WITH SCHOOL HOPEFULLY FOREVER NEXT WEEK.

That is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664VCs3c1HU

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-10 10:23:54

At 12/10/15 06:28 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/10/15 05:25 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Hey there guys. Just wanted to tell everyone that I WILL BE DONE WITH SCHOOL HOPEFULLY FOREVER NEXT WEEK.

That is all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664VCs3c1HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFwKjwGzJb0

Still many years left fuk

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-12-11 02:03:17

i dj'd once

it was boring

lel

BBS Signature