Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 923,880 Views
  • 36,092 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-21 17:38:14 Reply

At 3/21/13 05:33 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Bouncing

What is it, and what's the freaking point? Is it really exporting all of your patterns to .wav files and then organizing these files so you have the original track again? Or am I completely wrong now?

It can reduce CPU usage. It can keep everything organised and save tracks that may be using plugins that you may sell in the future. I guess it makes organising a remix contest easier to.

I haven't done it yet.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-21 19:57:52 Reply

At 3/21/13 05:33 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Bouncing

What is it, and what's the freaking point? Is it really exporting all of your patterns to .wav files and then organizing these files so you have the original track again? Or am I completely wrong now?

It just means rendering something as an audio file. Logic uses the term bouncing for exporting your tune as an audio file.

You can also bounce individual tracks or regions, which can be used to reduce cpu usage (playing 15 simple wavs is much easier than running 15 complex synthesizer plugins), but is also useful if you want to do timestretching, use it in a sampler or do other audio editing stuff to it. Much simpler to just fade out an audio file than adding automation data for example

stunkel
stunkel
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 04:40:21 Reply

I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

Since I started newgrounds, I don't get music on iTunes anymore or anything. If there is a song I really like that is made by a popular artist, I look for a remake on newgrounds. Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?


Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 05:16:38 Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

Lol, I always buy music from iTunes and rarely listen to music from NG in my library.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 05:22:53 Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

no... there's so much music out there everywhere man. And where do you find good music on newgrounds anyway..?

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 06:25:16 Reply

At 3/22/13 05:22 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?
no... there's so much music out there everywhere man. And where do you find good music on newgrounds anyway..?

Here

</cocksucking>

Also it must have been years since I last got the first post on a new page twice in a row, heh.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 07:03:55 Reply

At 3/22/13 06:25 AM, Mich wrote: Also it must have been years since I last got the first post on a new page twice in a row, heh.

Poor Mich


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 10:54:14 Reply

Heh, I guess I'm alone there

At 3/22/13 05:22 AM, Buoy wrote:
no... there's so much music out there everywhere man. And where do you find good music on newgrounds anyway..?

I think there are tons of great tracks on newgrounds. And I there are definitely amazing tracks everywhere, but when I am just studying, doing homework, or whatever I like listening to newgrounds tracks


Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 13:09:50 Reply

At 3/21/13 07:57 PM, Buoy wrote: You can also bounce individual tracks or regions, which can be used to reduce cpu usage (playing 15 simple wavs is much easier than running 15 complex synthesizer plugins), but is also useful if you want to do timestretching, use it in a sampler or do other audio editing stuff to it. Much simpler to just fade out an audio file than adding automation data for example

I see. So it appears that I've been bouncing my tracks all this time anyway, since I always export my track as a 32-bit .wav to master it.

At 3/22/13 05:16 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Lol, I always buy music from iTunes and rarely listen to music from NG in my library.

I listen to pretty much EDM only so I always buy from Beatport. However the metadata that Beatport adds to the downloaded tracks can only be read with iTunes, and since I don't use iTunes I always have to waste a shitload of time tagging the songs myself. Fucking butthurt.

In other news, I just got my driver's license. Heck yeah.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 16:51:30 Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

Since I started newgrounds, I don't get music on iTunes anymore or anything. If there is a song I really like that is made by a popular artist, I look for a remake on newgrounds. Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

Barring a few rare exceptions, I listen exclusively to Audio Portal music and video-game music.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 19:02:30 Reply

At 3/22/13 04:51 PM, Step wrote: Barring a few rare exceptions, I listen exclusively to Audio Portal music and video-game music.

B...But there is such a wealth of amazing music out there left to be explored and to be inspired by!

While I may be a little biased, I've heard a LOT of good shit on various channel on di.fm. There's a bunch of people all in their own specialized genres who find the best stuff out there and just line it up for your listening pleasure. I've just bought 18 tracks the other day, every one of which I found just by listening to DI a lot and noting down tracks I really liked.

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 19:19:08 Reply

At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote:

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.

quit advertising you whore


lel

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 19:29:39 Reply

At 3/22/13 07:19 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote:

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.
quit advertising you whore

Your face.

It's not like DI needs much advertising. I'm simply passionate about the company I work for, as I was long before I worked for them.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 22:19:56 Reply

At 3/22/13 07:29 PM, Mich wrote:

Your face.

It's not like DI needs much advertising. I'm simply passionate about the company I work for, as I was long before I worked for them.

sure sure ;)


lel

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 23:16:46 Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

Since I started newgrounds, I don't get music on iTunes anymore or anything. If there is a song I really like that is made by a popular artist, I look for a remake on newgrounds. Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

I listen to Pandora a lot. I've found out about quite a few artists through there and I really like how I can listen to whatever I'm in the mood for at any given time. I guess it makes me lazy, but it's nice not having to worry about changing a song after its over or building a playlist myself.


(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 23:45:59 Reply

this is how I view the world


lel

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-22 23:59:00 Reply

At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote: di.fm.

bless you mich

182blink69
182blink69
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 00:45:06 Reply

Umm, so i have uploaded a few songs, but they're not coming up in the search results.
What do i do? :l

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 00:53:10 Reply

At 3/23/13 12:45 AM, 182blink69 wrote: Umm, so i have uploaded a few songs, but they're not coming up in the search results.
What do i do? :l

Your tracks won't appear in the portal until you've been scouted.


(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 03:25:06 Reply

At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote: B...But there is such a wealth of amazing music out there left to be explored and to be inspired by!

While I may be a little biased, I've heard a LOT of good shit on various channel on di.fm. There's a bunch of people all in their own specialized genres who find the best stuff out there and just line it up for your listening pleasure. I've just bought 18 tracks the other day, every one of which I found just by listening to DI a lot and noting down tracks I really liked.

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.

Thing is, I don't have a credit card or PayPal account so I can't buy any music (here in Malta we don't get given debit cards but these things called Cashlink cards which only work with Maltese ATMs, so I can't make a PayPal account with it). NGAP music is free, and there's so much good stuff here that I think I'll have enough to listen to until I'm old enough for a credit card.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 14:09:50 Reply

Honestly I'd rather buy an Artists music through a service like Bandcamp where the artist gets the big share they deserve as opposed to iTunes.


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 14:53:55 Reply

At 3/23/13 03:25 AM, Step wrote: Thing is, I don't have a credit card or PayPal account so I can't buy any music

spotify?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 15:18:53 Reply

At 3/23/13 02:53 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/23/13 03:25 AM, Step wrote: Thing is, I don't have a credit card or PayPal account so I can't buy any music
spotify?

pandora?


lel

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 15:46:50 Reply

At 3/23/13 03:18 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/23/13 02:53 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/23/13 03:25 AM, Step wrote: Thing is, I don't have a credit card or PayPal account so I can't buy any music
spotify?
pandora?

music store?

182blink69
182blink69
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 15:53:46 Reply

At 3/23/13 12:53 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 3/23/13 12:45 AM, 182blink69 wrote: Umm, so i have uploaded a few songs, but they're not coming up in the search results.
What do i do? :l
Your tracks won't appear in the portal until you've been scouted.

ok thanks for letting me know, i guess i have to wait for other users to do that?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 16:35:39 Reply

and this is why I love trance music


lel

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 17:01:19 Reply

At 3/23/13 04:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: and this is why I love trance music

Cool video! They should put some good music under it!


BBS Signature
SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 19:19:39 Reply

At 3/23/13 04:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: and this is why I love trance music

Thanks for sharing. I find trance to be Electronica's "Emotional thinking music". My favorite still being Ambient.


Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study
Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 19:29:15 Reply

At 3/23/13 07:19 PM, SonicJ wrote:
At 3/23/13 04:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: and this is why I love trance music
Thanks for sharing. I find trance to be Electronica's "Emotional thinking music". My favorite still being Ambient.

I love trance music because it can be relaxing and at the same time perfect club music.


lel

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-23 19:34:46 Reply

At 3/23/13 03:46 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/23/13 03:18 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/23/13 02:53 PM, Buoy wrote: spotify?
pandora?
music store?

What are these supernatural entities.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature