00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,789,198 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-14 10:59:24

At 4/14/15 06:38 AM, Step wrote: 3xOsc Nerds Rejoice

This track was made entirely out of 3xOsc, percussion included. All of my wat.

Holy shit. That's nice! Just goes to show what you can do with minimal tools, right?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-14 18:51:02

At 4/14/15 03:32 PM, Lich wrote: First Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 Interface sent back due to faulty firmware cipping and dropping audio out
Second Saffire PRO 14 (my replacement) experiences the above on an even worse scale and a firmware update killed the unit completely. Submitted ticket and will try and get a refund.

Pro tip, please do not even touch the Saffire range please. Fucking terrible. I'm angling for my money back ASAP. Why is it that their cheaper Scarlett range works a hell of a lot better? If it wasn't for their awesome preamp's I wouldn't even touch the company with a 10ft pole anymore.

A lot of people have issues with their firmware/software. They have kickass electrical engineers and shitty software engineers. Thats been a focusrite thing for a while. You cant beat the recording quality, but just about any other interface will run more stable. I suggest motu as an alternative, or maybe a steinberg UR series.

Its not just the saffire line, I had identical issues with the scarletts. Took me almost a year to get a semi-viable working scarlett 18i20, and even after all that time and about 50 support tickets, I still have to do a few work arounds.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-14 20:42:49

At 4/14/15 06:38 AM, Step wrote: 3xOsc Nerds Rejoice

This track was made entirely out of 3xOsc, percussion included. All of my wat.

Dang man!

Makes me want to delve into synth work when I should be sleeping!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-16 01:56:54

Ayyy it's been a looooong while since i've been around the lounge... 3 years now? 200 pages missed? Jeez, I have some catching up to do.

So how's everyone been lately? Seeing a lot of unfamiliar names hahaha, figured i'd drop in since i always enjoyed the company of the AL. I'll probably go back to lurking for another 3 years though lol...

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-16 06:03:19

Happy birthday me

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-16 06:27:07

At 4/16/15 01:56 AM, Qelaion wrote: Ayyy it's been a looooong while since i've been around the lounge...

A wild Qelaion appears! Well, I'm still around, occasionally. By that I mean I'm lurking daily and posting maybe every two weeks.

At 4/16/15 06:03 AM, FairSquare wrote: Happy birthday me

Happy birthday you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-16 07:45:35

Happy birthday you yes

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-16 13:54:02

A happy birbday to you you you you (fade out)

A wild Qelaion appears! Well, I'm still around, occasionally. By that I mean I'm lurking daily and posting maybe every two weeks.

I figured as much, lol. I'll probably do the same thing

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-19 01:12:30

I just want to say a public thank you to @step for being an awesome mod and dealing with all those audio take downs in the clean up thread

*single man standing ovation*

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-19 06:09:42

At 4/19/15 01:12 AM, dj-Jo wrote: I just want to say a public thank you to @step for being an awesome mod and dealing with all those audio take downs in the clean up thread

Aw shucks. Glad to help o7.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-19 15:06:16

At 4/19/15 01:12 AM, dj-Jo wrote: I just want to say a public thank you to @step for being an awesome mod and dealing with all those audio take downs in the clean up thread

o//

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-20 12:20:57

Lich: Not only do you have the voice for hardcore heavy metal, but you'd make some great character voices too, for animations. Nice equipment, by the way!

Step: No kidding on the percussion, on the trance track you left a link to! Great beat quality, and the way this musician's skill is on arps, wow! It sounds awesome through headphones.

Since I'm kind of not in the middle of anything right now, I figured I'd stop by and say hello to all of you. o/

I might as well finally start catching up with those I follow around here and SoundCloud while I'm at it--before I get too sucked into the fan fiction and roleplay writing stuff again. ^^;

Yeah, I've joined the WNG crew now. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-20 18:03:43

At 4/20/15 05:23 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Hey guys, have you ever seen a music notation's typewriter?

I just..........

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-20 20:33:03

At 4/20/15 05:23 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Hey guys, have you ever seen a music notation's typewriter?

Wow, that makes my day. I want one!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 04:09:23

This is very relevant to my interests.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 11:08:11

After a long while I decided to buy a new plug-in: FXpansion Maul. For those who are not familiar, it's a multiband distortion plug-in, and i freaking LOVE IT. My kicks have never sounded better.

Also, I need some advice from you guys. After summer I wanna start doing some DJ gigs in student dormatories and stuff like that, so during summer I'll be saving up for any equipment I need. I've taken a look at some secondhand stuff and I can easily get 2 sets of 60-120 W speakers and an amplifier for 150-200 euros (excluding cabels). I'm just wondering if that's gonna be enough, and if there's anything else I need. I wasn't sure if anybody is familiar with this but I decided to ask anyway.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 13:21:46

At 4/21/15 11:08 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: After a long while I decided to buy a new plug-in: FXpansion Maul. For those who are not familiar, it's a multiband distortion plug-in, and i freaking LOVE IT. My kicks have never sounded better.

Also, I need some advice from you guys. After summer I wanna start doing some DJ gigs in student dormatories and stuff like that, so during summer I'll be saving up for any equipment I need. I've taken a look at some secondhand stuff and I can easily get 2 sets of 60-120 W speakers and an amplifier for 150-200 euros (excluding cabels). I'm just wondering if that's gonna be enough, and if there's anything else I need. I wasn't sure if anybody is familiar with this but I decided to ask anyway.

gonna need some decks mate - CDJs are industry standard and if you get a pair of them w/ mixer (xones are brilliant) then you'd be most prepared for gigs. Problem is CDJs are expensive as shit, they're wonderful... just expensive :P

Best off getting an entry level pair of decks like the traktor s2 or pioneer DDJ-SB. If you need to save there are some cheaper ones by people like numark which should serve you well

speakers/amplifier do not need to be good quality at all as the club/place will presumably have much better ones, my mate DJs on shitty £10 speakers ha

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 14:27:01

At 4/21/15 01:21 PM, AeroMusic wrote: gonna need some decks mate - CDJs are industry standard and if you get a pair of them w/ mixer (xones are brilliant) then you'd be most prepared for gigs. Problem is CDJs are expensive as shit, they're wonderful... just expensive :P

Best off getting an entry level pair of decks like the traktor s2 or pioneer DDJ-SB. If you need to save there are some cheaper ones by people like numark which should serve you well

speakers/amplifier do not need to be good quality at all as the club/place will presumably have much better ones, my mate DJs on shitty £10 speakers ha

Oh well yeah I have decks, I left that out because I figured it would be obvious xD
Yeah Pioneers would be great, but I'm a broke-ass college student so all I'm rocking is a Numark Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ.

About the speaker quality, like I said it would be used for dormatory parties and the chances are pretty low that every one of them already has speakers/amplifier, so I figured it would be wise to have some myself.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 14:56:36 (edited 2015-04-21 14:59:29)

@liquidooze

lmao yeah I thought it was weird you wouldn't get decks first lol my bad was assuming you knew nout - i sound like such a condescending twat now :P

got no experience with this sorry man but let me know what you get - what speakers you looking at? like a proper rig?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-21 23:05:23

At 4/21/15 09:09 PM, NekoMika wrote: Having to extract all my files from my phone and laptop in case laptop derps and decides to never accept power again from any source. Might be my battery but ughh. Hopefully doesn't die before I write up a few more pieces in the next few weeks.

I know that feeling, lol. Been through several different laptops and PCs, and ended up losing a lot of work due to breakdowns and whatnot. Although these breakdowns happened way back when I was still pretty rough at producing, so the losses weren't too important. Still sucks nonetheless, although I'm finding that saving all my projects to Dropbox will help me if I have another breakdown or upgrade my harddrive/OS

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-24 16:00:45 (edited 2015-04-24 16:00:53)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-24 17:06:12

At 4/24/15 05:04 PM, Lich wrote: You can tell it's Friday night when EastWest Installation Center is streaming downloads at 250kbps instead of the 8500kbps (8.5mbps) I usually get through my Fiber connection. Dem mass of subscribers hammering away at their servers no doubt trying to install absolutely everything hahaha

psst....psst... hey you.. OVER HERE!!! Release that lovechild of ours will ya?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-24 17:24:17

Yessssss. Earlier today I won an Oscar Schmidt electric acoustic A style mandolin, brand new for 109 bucks American on eBay. Beautiful tobacco burst, not some lame orangey colour like you get on a lot of cheap mandolins.

Only issue with it is a factory defect of flaked off enamel around the nut. I don't care, I'll just spray paint it and fill it in. I want it to play, not to look at, lol.

My current mandolin is a crappy old black Rogue A style I've had since like 2006 or somethin'. It has a crap neck and tuning issues as a result.

Will post a picture next week.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-24 21:20:56

At 4/24/15 04:00 PM, camoshark wrote: I'll just leave this here.

Oh wow, this is awesome!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-25 10:36:11

You've made my day.

While some guys are still in the Pico Day mood, I was working on some tracks since this morning for a guy. He's participating in the Food Jam and he was in need for music. Of course, I gave him my help.
Some would like to see me uploading them here right now, but I don't want to 'cause the jam hasn't ended and I don't want to reveal everything before the game is finished.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-26 03:07:02

I went through my really old reviews on my previous account to have myself a laugh... End result was more like a mixture of crying and banging my head on my desk.

Oooooh how it feels good to not be 2009 me anymore.

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-26 08:59:07

LOL. I'm in fits.

This is amazing.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-26 14:25:54

Ok, I completely missed Pico Day because I was participating in the biggest relay race in the world this weekend, from my university's campus to a university campus 175 km further. I ran for my sorority's team but we kinda blew it, but still our university's official team managed to win. Weather was suck-ish, though, and I got completely wasted at the afterparty.

So, yeah, what did I miss?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-26 15:42:29

lmfaoo thats brilliant

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-26 17:38:28

I hope there will be another NGADM this year!