New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:17 PM Reply

I'm debating about deleting facebook, possibly newgrounds account too. going to keep skype and IRC only. I'm getting sick of shit.

seriously considering trying to get into Carnegie mellon for electrical engineering. I really don't want to do music for college anymore, I feel like that won't take me any where afterwards.

lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm debating about deleting facebook, possibly newgrounds

Delete Facebook but not Newgrounds.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:20 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 3/21/13 02:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm debating about deleting facebook, possibly newgrounds
Delete Facebook but not Newgrounds.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

I don't really see any familiar faces anymore so why

lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:23 PM Reply

Are we not familiar?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: I'm debating about deleting facebook, possibly newgrounds account too. going to keep skype and IRC only. I'm getting sick of shit.

chill out man, don't do it

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:35 PM Reply

Deleting Facebook

mich@mich-desktop: ~/ $ ssh root@facebook.com
root@facebook.com: ~/ $ rm -rf /

tee hee
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:35 PM, Mich wrote: Deleting Facebook

tee hee

Would you mind telling that joke in English?

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:37 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 3/21/13 02:35 PM, Mich wrote: Deleting Facebook

tee hee
Would you mind telling that joke in English?

he wiped out facebook using root access. Literally deleting facebook.

he's a virtual terrorizer
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:41 PM, MaestroRage wrote: he wiped out facebook using root access. Literally deleting facebook.

you guys are dorks... :3

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:41 PM, MaestroRage wrote: he wiped out facebook using root access. Literally deleting facebook.

The problem is that ssh-ing into facebook.com will most likely just get you into a load balancer, which again is most likely trivial to set up again. Not to mention it's probably firewalled to death and not taking any connection from outside a certain network on port 22 (the default SSH port).

To actually delete Facebook, you'd need access to every single one of their servers at once, as well as backups and remote repositories, plus any local copies on employees' computers.

Taking a little joke too far
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 03:19 PM, Mich wrote: The problem is that ssh-ing into facebook.com will most likely just get you into a load balancer, which again is most likely trivial to set up again. Not to mention it's probably firewalled to death and not taking any connection from outside a certain network on port 22 (the default SSH port).

Or just bomb everything.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:21 PM, Sequenced wrote: I don't really see any familiar faces anymore so why

You made a very nice song for me last Christmas remember? Good times!

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 03:19 PM, Mich wrote: The problem is that ssh-ing into facebook.com will most likely just get you into a load balancer, which again is most likely trivial to set up again. Not to mention it's probably firewalled to death and not taking any connection from outside a certain network on port 22 (the default SSH port).

*Mark Zuckerberg likes this*

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:33 PM Reply

Bouncing

What is it, and what's the freaking point? Is it really exporting all of your patterns to .wav files and then organizing these files so you have the original track again? Or am I completely wrong now?

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 05:33 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Bouncing

What is it, and what's the freaking point? Is it really exporting all of your patterns to .wav files and then organizing these files so you have the original track again? Or am I completely wrong now?

I was under the impression that "Bouncing" was synonymous with Render or Export to...

Not that I know anything... I just do things.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:38 PM Reply

It can reduce CPU usage. It can keep everything organised and save tracks that may be using plugins that you may sell in the future. I guess it makes organising a remix contest easier to.

I haven't done it yet.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:57 PM Reply

It just means rendering something as an audio file. Logic uses the term bouncing for exporting your tune as an audio file.

You can also bounce individual tracks or regions, which can be used to reduce cpu usage (playing 15 simple wavs is much easier than running 15 complex synthesizer plugins), but is also useful if you want to do timestretching, use it in a sampler or do other audio editing stuff to it. Much simpler to just fade out an audio file than adding automation data for example

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 04:40 AM Reply

I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

Since I started newgrounds, I don't get music on iTunes anymore or anything. If there is a song I really like that is made by a popular artist, I look for a remake on newgrounds. Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:16 AM Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

Lol, I always buy music from iTunes and rarely listen to music from NG in my library.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:22 AM Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

no... there's so much music out there everywhere man. And where do you find good music on newgrounds anyway..?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 3/22/13 05:22 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?
no... there's so much music out there everywhere man. And where do you find good music on newgrounds anyway..?

Here

</cocksucking>

Also it must have been years since I last got the first post on a new page twice in a row, heh.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:03 AM Reply

At 3/22/13 06:25 AM, Mich wrote: Also it must have been years since I last got the first post on a new page twice in a row, heh.

Poor Mich

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 10:54 AM Reply

Heh, I guess I'm alone there

At 3/22/13 05:22 AM, Buoy wrote:

I think there are tons of great tracks on newgrounds. And I there are definitely amazing tracks everywhere, but when I am just studying, doing homework, or whatever I like listening to newgrounds tracks

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:57 PM, Buoy wrote: You can also bounce individual tracks or regions, which can be used to reduce cpu usage (playing 15 simple wavs is much easier than running 15 complex synthesizer plugins), but is also useful if you want to do timestretching, use it in a sampler or do other audio editing stuff to it. Much simpler to just fade out an audio file than adding automation data for example

I see. So it appears that I've been bouncing my tracks all this time anyway, since I always export my track as a 32-bit .wav to master it.

At 3/22/13 05:16 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Lol, I always buy music from iTunes and rarely listen to music from NG in my library.

I listen to pretty much EDM only so I always buy from Beatport. However the metadata that Beatport adds to the downloaded tracks can only be read with iTunes, and since I don't use iTunes I always have to waste a shitload of time tagging the songs myself. Fucking butthurt.

In other news, I just got my driver's license. Heck yeah.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

Since I started newgrounds, I don't get music on iTunes anymore or anything. If there is a song I really like that is made by a popular artist, I look for a remake on newgrounds. Being said, I only listen to newgrounds music and not really much else. I'm sure most of you guys are on the same page, but do you guys do the same?

Barring a few rare exceptions, I listen exclusively to Audio Portal music and video-game music.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 04:51 PM, Step wrote: Barring a few rare exceptions, I listen exclusively to Audio Portal music and video-game music.

B...But there is such a wealth of amazing music out there left to be explored and to be inspired by!

While I may be a little biased, I've heard a LOT of good shit on various channel on di.fm. There's a bunch of people all in their own specialized genres who find the best stuff out there and just line it up for your listening pleasure. I've just bought 18 tracks the other day, every one of which I found just by listening to DI a lot and noting down tracks I really liked.

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote:

I just don't think you should restrict your listening to just NG. It's good to get stimulus elsewhere too.

quit advertising you whore

lel

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 07:19 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/22/13 07:02 PM, Mich wrote:

quit advertising you whore

Your face.

It's not like DI needs much advertising. I'm simply passionate about the company I work for, as I was long before I worked for them.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 07:29 PM, Mich wrote:

Your face.

It's not like DI needs much advertising. I'm simply passionate about the company I work for, as I was long before I worked for them.

sure sure ;)

lel

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 04:40 AM, stunkel wrote: I've never actually bothered using the audio forum lounge before, so I think I'll start now.

I listen to Pandora a lot. I've found out about quite a few artists through there and I really like how I can listen to whatever I'm in the mood for at any given time. I guess it makes me lazy, but it's nice not having to worry about changing a song after its over or building a playlist myself.

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature