00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,770,568 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-27 15:25:28

At 4/26/15 05:42 PM, Lich wrote:
At 4/26/15 05:38 PM, AeronMusic wrote: I hope there will be another NGADM this year!
I hope I actually qualify this year!

^ haha me too.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-27 15:44:55

Feeling Like Crap

Cuz you spent all day composing/playing jazzy guitar licks for a song you are working on only to not like how the song goes together with the stuff you spent all day composing and learning how to play.

I've never played jazz on guitar before and was excited about being able to, only for it to all come to nothing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-27 18:04:04

At 4/24/15 04:00 PM, camoshark wrote: I'll just leave this here.

Amazing. Just amazing. Hahaha!

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-29 01:59:29

wow, I remember this place. What's fresh?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-29 15:10:32

At 4/29/15 01:59 AM, Nav wrote: wow, I remember this place. What's fresh?

Nothing much over here, just playing Street Fighter 4 all day as per usual instead of working on music or something.

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-29 19:07:50

At 4/29/15 01:59 AM, Nav wrote: wow, I remember this place. What's fresh?

I have a funny haircut cuz I'm not willing to pay for a haircut right now and the weather is too hot.

Made my wife shave the sides and back of my head to 7/8" and left the top long.

Does it make me look like a hipster? Sadly, it might.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-30 16:19:01 (edited 2015-04-30 16:26:19)

Anger and Sadness in the Form of an Instrument

Got that mandolin today and it's unplayable. "Cosmetic flaw", my rear. The nut is not set in correctly and the tail-piece is put on wrong, not to mention I can't seem to get a correct position from the bridge (which is probably because of the nut or something I'm not seeing). Also, buzzes on the strings and rattles like crazy on the inside of the body. Disappointing, considering the tone from the body (besides rattle) sounds great and the electronics sound good when plugged in (also looks beautiful).

Gonna see if I can do a return or else I'm givin' this guy a horrid review considering it seems he has zero knowledge about mandolins if he didn't notice any of this.

EDIT: BTW what I needed was a mandolin that could be played immediately to replace my broken one. Luckily, I'm not playing today or Sunday, but jeez how long until I get another one?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-02 13:08:09

So I had my first ever in my life piano recital a few days ago and I made 19 mistakes and 19 people attended yay!

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-02 19:47:39

At 5/2/15 01:08 PM, ZipZipper wrote: So I had my first ever in my life piano recital a few days ago and I made 19 mistakes and 19 people attended yay!

Don't worry! Try not to let mistakes get to you too much ;3
In the end, we all have to start from somewhere (:

Don't worry, I've experienced worse in my past time of piano lessons
hahaha

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-03 03:02:42

At 5/2/15 01:08 PM, ZipZipper wrote: So I had my first ever in my life piano recital a few days ago and I made 19 mistakes and 19 people attended yay!

Pretty good showing! 19 mistakes isn't all that bad either, it coulda been 20 o:

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-03 09:52:56

If it ever gets real bad, you can always say, "I hope you enjoyed my interpretation," as if these mistakes were done on purpose.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-03 14:41:13

Hello hello hello! I'm back! I've just come back to Newgrounds after honing my craft for about a year. And this time I can actually do stuff instead of having either my equipment or my skill fail me! So, what goes on? Any major changes I need to know about?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-04 18:54:51 (edited 2015-05-04 18:56:13)

So, guys, a bit of an awesome, but awkward, situation here.
You know the harp photo I've got on my latest newspost?

Well, I've shared that on my Tumblr, and who should chance upon it and like it? I was kinda expecting a like from a friend or two, but it turned out to be a username I'd not expected, lindzriot. AKA Lindsay Schoolcraft from Cradle of Filth.

I feel just surprised and happy because of the like, but awkward at the same time because I'd probably like her solo symphonic works, but I'd stay away from COF and not touch it with the end of a barge pole. Still though, I kinda feel I wanna talk with her, musician to musician. What do you folks suggest I do?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-04 19:12:08

At 5/4/15 06:54 PM, Troisnyx wrote: So, guys, a bit of an awesome, but awkward, situation here.

Well, I've shared that on my Tumblr, and who should chance upon it and like it? I was kinda expecting a like from a friend or two, but it turned out to be a username I'd not expected, lindzriot. AKA Lindsay Schoolcraft from Cradle of Filth.

I feel just surprised and happy because of the like, but awkward at the same time because I'd probably like her solo symphonic works, but I'd stay away from COF and not touch it with the end of a barge pole. Still though, I kinda feel I wanna talk with her, musician to musician. What do you folks suggest I do?

I used to be a big CoF fan, but now... Ugh... If I was in a situation like that, say Danny Filth liked one of my songs or something stupid like that, I'd probably feel convicted to share the Gospel with them if anything. Otherwise I wouldn't talk to them at all.

Of course, I don't see why Danny Filth would like songs about rebellion against the flesh, submission to Christ and the fact and power of Yahweh.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-04 19:17:07

At 5/4/15 07:12 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 5/4/15 06:54 PM, Troisnyx wrote: So, guys, a bit of an awesome, but awkward, situation here.

I used to be a big CoF fan, but now... Ugh... If I was in a situation like that, say Danny Filth liked one of my songs or something stupid like that, I'd probably feel convicted to share the Gospel with them if anything. Otherwise I wouldn't talk to them at all.

Of course, I don't see why Danny Filth would like songs about rebellion against the flesh, submission to Christ and the fact and power of Yahweh.

Schoolcraft herself MAY have a reason to, if her solo works depart tremendously from COF. That being said, I do want to share the Good News with as many people as the good Lord allows, and if this is a means by which I can do so, then I would like to.

Still though. It's just...... it's a human response, to like something. But then you think, what do you do in a situation like this......

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-04 23:36:20

At 5/4/15 07:12 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I used to be a big CoF fan, but now... Ugh... If I was in a situation like that, say Danny Filth liked one of my songs or something stupid like that, I'd probably feel convicted to share the Gospel with them if anything. Otherwise I wouldn't talk to them at all.

I have to say the same. Although I'm not the biggest tauter of Jesus Christ and all that, it's hard for me to listen to music that isn't at least ethical, even harder for me to interact with people who produce music that isn't ethical. For that reason, I completely fell out of love with Cradle of Filth after about middle school.

On another note: Grooveshark Shut Down
So I made this post about it. It raises some questions. I'd be interested in any input from you all here, considering we're all representatives of indie music who could possibly be affected by this and its respective implications. It's in writing; this is due to the meddling of the big record labels. Check it out.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-05 13:53:30

update on my life for people that dont care about me

found a PLUR community here in st louis. some how ended up at a mansion for an after party with a fucking hot tub. These are the first people I've ever been around with I could actually be myself around.

dance like a fucking crazy fuck to trance music or sit in a hut tub being a little scrawny fkn kid with only underpants on.

for music: found hook ups to DJs around here that's starting to play my music. first night 100 people went ham to my recent track.

The Audio Forum Lounge

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-05 19:51:53

At 5/5/15 01:53 PM, Sequenced wrote: for music: found hook ups to DJs around here that's starting to play my music. first night 100 people went ham to my recent track.

but the important question is can they hook u up with pingers m8?

real talk: that looks like a fuckin fantastic night out. gotta love good music/party scenes!

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-05 20:23:40

At 5/5/15 01:53 PM, Sequenced wrote: found a PLUR community here in st louis. some how ended up at a mansion for an after party with a fucking hot tub. These are the first people I've ever been around with I could actually be myself around.

I bet it's because of the Batman costume. Yep, that's why, you always wanted to party with Batman.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 03:23:39

So. I'd recently ordered some art & plexi for my fight stick. I finally got hold of it today, only to find out it didn't fit on. Confused and sad that I'd wasted 30 dollars on inapplicable plastic & paper, I did some digging and found that I ordered for a model that is almost completely identical to the one I use, the only difference being the stick itself is spaced moreover to the left from the buttons... Which prevents the art from being applied.

The difference between the model names? A kanji symbol for the word that's supposed to be on the end of the model name, which doesn't even appear to be grouped with the rest of the model name on the stock art (Although it's grouped with the rest on the back, which was a bit of an oversight on my part). What appeared to be a neat little design ended up being the deciding factor on what type of layout I should have ordered for it, lol.

TL;DR I am a moron who doesn't pay attention to details

/rant

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 04:00:07

At 5/5/15 08:23 PM, sorohanro wrote:
I bet it's because of the Batman costume. Yep, that's why, you always wanted to party with Batman.

not just batman, a Jamaican batman

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 06:04:58

LiquidOoze has entered beast mode

Instead of learning for a test I've got coming up I spend all Tuesday with a friend compiling a monster PC that I bought from him for a few bucks, and it's working! I left my Intel single-core crappy pile of shit for an Intel Core 2 Quad with 8 gigs of RAM. I also bought a Samsung SSD of 120 GB and installed Windows on it, I'm gonna add some of my most-used programs later. Gonna update to FL Studio 12 now and run that bitch like a motherfucker.

By the way, are there any games you guys think I should play now that I have this beast? My friend already gave me Crysis.

back to studying

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 08:43:57

got a used camera
had some problems taking photos, but otherwise it's fine

a good day that was

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 09:34:48

At 5/6/15 07:40 AM, Lich wrote:
At 5/6/15 06:04 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Instead of learning for a test I've got coming up I spend all Tuesday with a friend compiling a monster PC that I bought from him for a few bucks, and it's working!
Do you have a Full spec list?

I'll try, tech stuff isn't really my area :p

Motherboard: Asus P5K: maximun RAM of 8GB, Realtek ALC883 audio (7.1), 12 USB slots and 2 Firewire slots, 1 eSATA slot
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600: 4 core processor with 2.4 GHz clocking frequency (can be upped to 4.1 GHz by overclocking), bus speed of 226 MHz (per core)
Additional: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB solid state drive

I hope that's enough...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 10:20:28

At 5/6/15 06:04 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: By the way, are there any games you guys think I should play now that I have this beast? My friend already gave me Crysis.

Grats on the new PC! I was going to mention the Crysis series, but I'd check out Skyrim (and its hella awesome section of mods now that it's aged a bit) if you haven't already. It runs nicely in high resolution on my lowly Lenovo T410, which has an absolute shit graphics card despite the decent processor and RAM -- it was pretty good deal for 400 bucks when I was out of a laptop at the time, but I digress. Skyrim Legendary Edition did not disappoint, especially with mods. There are a few that even add on new lore friendly areas to the game, which is quite nice, and console commands add a new dimension to playing, especially bug fixes. Since you have a newer, shinier PC, chances are you won't have to worry so much about bugs.

Also, exam week is over at college, and it didn't suck! YAY!
So, starting yesterday was exam week at my community college, and I just finished my last test this morning, meaning I can go home! ... But I'm not, because I'm going to a concert tomorrow, Celtic Woman. I'm pretty stoked! And after that, it's summer! I can't even begin to express how happy I am. I'm free!

Now I just have to move out all of this crap in my room before Friday.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 15:10:02

At 5/6/15 12:30 PM, Braiton wrote: Just bought a violin.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Or even record yourself while playing with it so we can see your skills =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 16:35:10 (edited 2015-05-06 16:35:18)

At 5/6/15 06:04 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I also bought a Samsung SSD of 120 GB and installed Windows on it

Ah you bought a samsung evo 850? I got it installed and woah, my pc works smoother now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 17:36:15

Finally decided upgrade my setup by getting new monitors today! UPS come quick plz

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 18:39:10

At 5/6/15 04:57 PM, Braiton wrote: It's a violin :d

Do you know the difference between a violin and a viola?
The viola burns longer. (ba-dum tsss)

When you look at an orchestra, you see that violas are sightly bigger than violin, right? WRONG ! It's an optical illusion, they are equal, just the heads of viola players are smaller.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 19:52:36

At 5/6/15 05:36 PM, SineRider wrote: Finally decided upgrade my setup by getting new monitors today! UPS come quick plz

i need some monitor headphones if that exists

2021 AIM Submission

"AIM - Vindicta"

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1047051

BBS Signature