Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,178,328 Views
  • 37,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 07:27:44 Reply

speaking of weird dreams, i had a dream where i was travelling around London. At some point I said "this place looks a lot like Vietnam."

I've never been to London or Vietnam.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 12:07:20 Reply

At 6/29/13 08:18 AM, BlazingDragon wrote:
Anyone else had weird dreams lately?

Weirdest one I can remember was the one where I was lying in bed and my dad woke me up randomly asking me where I got the magic mushrooms.

But then I woke up, cause my dad was asking me where I had gotten those magic mushrooms. Shit.


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Bosa
Bosa
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 13:28:18 Reply

At 6/30/13 07:27 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: speaking of weird dreams, i had a dream where i was travelling around London. At some point I said "this place looks a lot like Vietnam."

The weirdest dream I've ever had is when I dreamed that I posted a song and a kindergarten-style comment in the audio forum lounge. It was so real, but of course it was just a dream.


Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 13:35:59 Reply

At 6/30/13 01:28 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 6/30/13 07:27 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:

I had a dream where Bosa started trolling everyone hardcorely, but then realized he was not dreaming. And I soon realized the same thing. Deja vu!


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 14:21:34 Reply

Gotta get back on the meds. Reality and dreams are merging. D:


BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 14:49:33 Reply

At 6/30/13 01:35 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 6/30/13 02:21 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I had a dream where Bosa started trolling everyone hardcorely, but then realized he was not dreaming. And I soon realized the same thing. Deja vu!

Dudes, me too. I can relate.


Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 15:44:32 Reply

i got some free headphones from a bus tour in scotland. been listening to some Trance on them and they are actually pretty fucking good.

:D:D:D


lel

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 17:08:01 Reply

At 6/30/13 03:44 PM, Sequenced wrote: i got some free headphones from a bus tour in scotland. been listening to some Trance on them and they are actually pretty fucking good.

D:D:D

Are you sure you're not dreaming though?

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-06-30 21:10:12 Reply

Once I dreamed I was in high school and I had an evil stepmother who was a necromancer, who opened a dimensional portal, to let a planet in that was an alternate version of the earth. On this planet lived people that were already dead on ours, or alternate versions of people that were still alive (e.g. a male variant of a female, a black of a white, a friendly of an unfriendly person). The people from the other planet entered ours, and we had to play a bad ass version of handball against them (inside a cage with steel balls, and you could smash each other aside). At the end of each match I had to fight one on one against one of the people from the alternate dimension.
I had a forbidden love relationship with some girl, and we had to hide from the evil stepmother, because she could oversee the entire city (like in 1984).
There were also angels who were the guardians of the other planet and had to restore the balance. They wore white with red robes, and large hats, that kept their faces obscured in the shades. They had name tags though. And they carried huge swords with chainsaw blades.


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-01 06:37:28 Reply

At 6/30/13 09:10 PM, SourJovis wrote:
There were also angels who were the guardians of the other planet and had to restore the balance. They wore white with red robes, and large hats, that kept their faces obscured in the shades. They had name tags though. And they carried huge swords with chainsaw blades.

wtf did you eat


lel

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-01 11:23:33 Reply

At 6/30/13 03:44 PM, Sequenced wrote: i got some free headphones from a bus tour in scotland. been listening to some Trance on them and they are actually pretty fucking good.

D:D:D

what a coincidence, i recently left a pair of pretty good headphones on a bus in scotland


p.s. i am gay

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-01 11:40:50 Reply

At 7/1/13 06:37 AM, Sequenced wrote: wtf did you eat

You don't seem to grasp what DMT is capable of.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-01 14:20:37 Reply

At 7/1/13 11:40 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 7/1/13 06:37 AM, Sequenced wrote: wtf did you eat
You don't seem to grasp what DMT is capable of.

Or cheese. I think I had cheese fondue, with lots of wine and shrooms. And a pineapple.


BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 00:07:58 Reply

At 6/30/13 09:10 PM, SourJovis wrote: Once I dreamed I was in high school and I had an evil stepmother who was a necromancer...

That's a pretty vivid sounding dream. I'm surprised you remembered so many details!

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 00:15:05 Reply

At 7/2/13 12:07 AM, BlazingDragon wrote:
At 6/30/13 09:10 PM, SourJovis wrote: Once I dreamed I was in high school and I had an evil stepmother who was a necromancer...
That's a pretty vivid sounding dream. I'm surprised you remembered so many details!

Most of my dreams are not so vivid...with the exception of early morning dreams - those always are always so realistic

Other than that I really can't recall much detail unless the dream made a huge impression or something


------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 01:10:22 Reply

At 7/2/13 12:15 AM, alternativesolution wrote: Most of my dreams are not so vivid...with the exception of early morning dreams - those always are always so realistic

Other than that I really can't recall much detail unless the dream made a huge impression or something

It is similar for me, but I once had a remarkably vivid dream that I'll never forget. Some background information first.

Due to complications with a concussion, one of my best friends died my senior year of high school. He had everything going for him, so the whole community was in shock. 4.0 student, quarter back of the football team, member of our audition choir, National Honor Society member, homecoming king, and the most selfless, kind person I'd ever met.

A few days after his death, I had the most intense dream of my life; I stepped into choir class and saw my friend sitting down across the room, but I knew he had died. Everyone was so happy though, as if nothing had happened. I sat next to him, and with an enormous grin, he put an arm around my shoulders and asked in a ridiculous British accent, "Ello Mr. Crookston, 'ow ya doin' today?" This had been the routine for years of high school. I laughed and engaged in cheerful conversation, not daring to bring up his death. I feared that doing so would make this all go away and that he'd be gone again.

Finally, the nagging of the question broke me. "Nate," I began with hesitation. "Aren't you...dead?" I finished, choking back burning tears. His warm smile immediately faded along with the light tone of the room. He frowned and lowered his brow, a concerned look transforming his expression. Everything and everyone else froze. "Trevor..." He began, "You can't let my death keep you from living your life. You've got to move forward." I blinked, and the room came flashing back into movement. The light returned, people conversed jovially, and my friend was gone. I fell to my knees and began weeping uncontrollably. Concerned classmates gathered around, pressing me to tell what was wrong. It hit me; no one but me had seen Nate that whole time. I woke up.

I'll never forget how vivid that 'dream' was. The sights, sounds, and physical sensations are burned into my mind. I can't explain it, but I know it was more than a mere dream. More than a figment of my imagination, Nate was truly there, and I felt an inexplicable sense of calm after waking up. I was no longer upset about his death. I felt peace regarding his passing.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 04:54:52 Reply

At 7/1/13 02:20 PM, SourJovis wrote:

:And a pineapple.

just one??? ur a madman


lel

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 10:16:09 Reply

My dreams are mostly a clash of random people and events going on separately or merging together without my consent.

Yet there are recuring themes going on in them from time to time.

For example. I had like 10 dreams about an xbox console that (in the dreams i believed that I always had it) I could never get it to work, no matter what I tried.


Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 10:23:52 Reply

At 7/2/13 10:16 AM, Deshiel wrote: For example. I had like 10 dreams about an xbox console that (in the dreams i believed that I always had it) I could never get it to work, no matter what I tried.

are you sure you were dreaming?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 10:57:47 Reply

custom building my own PC, or save up for a really high-end gaming laptop

decisions, decisions

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 11:00:53 Reply

if you travel a lot, laptop. if not, custom built pc


lel

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 11:31:48 Reply

At 7/2/13 11:00 AM, Sequenced wrote: if you travel a lot, laptop. if not, custom built pc

ah see, that's the thing that's bothering me.
i have this tendency to be told to travel at the last minute (literally, there was this one time that i had to pack in, like, 10 min. or so).

so...yeah.

or i could just say fuck it, take my fucking rig and monitor with me anyway
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 13:14:13 Reply

At 7/2/13 11:31 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: i have this tendency to be told to travel at the last minute (literally, there was this one time that i had to pack in, like, 10 min. or so).

So not literally, since there were 10 mins left and not 1


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 14:55:26 Reply

I'm Fat

BUT NOT FOR LONG MOFOS

Plan to drop 75lbs by the end of the year so I can be under 200. Started my diet about a week ago and so far im 10lbs down.

I got this shit.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 15:07:17 Reply

At 7/2/13 02:55 PM, Breed wrote: I'm Fat

BUT NOT FOR LONG MOFOS

Plan to drop 75lbs by the end of the year so I can be under 200. Started my diet about a week ago and so far im 10lbs down.

I got this shit.

Hell yeah man. IMMA DO IT WITH YOU

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 15:15:14 Reply

At 7/2/13 02:55 PM, Breed wrote: I'm Fat

I'm 110 lbs . can I have some of yours?


lel

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 15:22:44 Reply

At 7/2/13 03:15 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 7/2/13 02:55 PM, Breed wrote: I'm Fat

I'm 110 lbs . can I have some of yours?

I'm around 160 lbs (and I've been dropping lately because I've been sick) but I'm also 6.2 ft tall more or less.
Yeah, being sick sucks.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 15:58:26 Reply

At 7/2/13 03:22 PM, Braiton wrote:

I'm around 160 lbs (and I've been dropping lately because I've been sick) but I'm also 6.2 ft tall more or less.
Yeah, being sick sucks.

i have a very high metabolism so it's very hard for me to gain some weight.


lel

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 16:08:12 Reply

At 7/2/13 03:58 PM, Sequenced wrote:
i have a very high metabolism so it's very hard for me to gain some weight.

I never believe people when they say that crap. If you want to gain weight, then fuckin start exercising and doing strength training. You don't want to gain fat, that would be useless.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-02 16:22:04 Reply

At 7/2/13 04:08 PM, Breed wrote:
At 7/2/13 03:58 PM, Sequenced wrote:
i have a very high metabolism so it's very hard for me to gain some weight.
I never believe people when they say that crap. If you want to gain weight, then fuckin start exercising and doing strength training. You don't want to gain fat, that would be useless.

What if I want to gain awesome?


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature