00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Umree's stuff thread

6,137 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-13 21:47:36

i think that having one thread for my crap is better because it takes up less space. anyway ive got some stuff to post here, well actually i only have one thing to post here for now, i might have more next week or the week after that.

anyway, ive got this, just finished it, its a sketch of a bust, it was still life. took about... 18 hours? i guess, its all pencil, its about the length of my chest in real life and i worked hard on it so leave me some text.

(sorry for the bad quality, this was too big to scan.)

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-13 21:52:50

looks good, something seems off about his left shoulder though, like it's to small and behind his head and it should be in front of his head.

but other than that it looks cool, and i would stray away from the dreaded flash you can't really see the whole middle of the picture

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-13 22:05:23

At 12/13/08 09:52 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: looks good, something seems off about his left shoulder though, like it's to small and behind his head and it should be in front of his head.

but other than that it looks cool, and i would stray away from the dreaded flash you can't really see the whole middle of the picture

there is no left shoulder, thats just the neck muscle thats suppose to lead to the shoulder.
you are right about the flash though, what a quality bringdown.

thanks for the comment.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-13 22:09:40

At 12/13/08 10:05 PM, UMREE wrote: there is no left shoulder, thats just the neck muscle thats suppose to lead to the shoulder.

oh wait my bad, i thought you were examining the picture from the bust's point of view, if that makes sense... yea there is no left shoulder, thats just some sort of rest that some Romanesque busts have for some reason, i think its to balance the bust maybe.

sorry for the double post

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-13 23:05:13

ha ha it's cool, i see it now, still seems a little of but it's probably just the statue.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-14 14:35:29

a lame sketch i had to do for my 3rd period art class at school. i dont actually like that class because well lets face it, school art classes arnt exactly educational when it comes to art, its all just draw this and write that, and of course everything is considered to be "good" work.

did this in about 10 minutes, just a doodle no need to get over excited.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-16 23:52:22

so... a lot of people in the forum have advised me to be more original and surreal. i thought id give it a go, this isnt done yet but i need some feedback to motivate me.

colored pencil, 4B pencil.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-17 06:38:22

At 12/16/08 11:52 PM, UMREE wrote: so... a lot of people in the forum have advised me to be more original and surreal. i thought id give it a go, this isnt done yet but i need some feedback to motivate me.

colored pencil, 4B pencil.

I really like the concept . And from what I can tell, it looks pretty good.

the only thing that bothers me is that you started all the veins with black borders on them ( a signal that you outlined them first, which is ok ).... but then at the ends of the veins, there were no borders at all

I'm not saying either style is wrong, but when you do both on the same pic, it looks rather odd :/

besides that, I really like the idea, and I think you drew it pretty well

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-17 10:39:00

At 12/17/08 06:38 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote: I really like the concept . And from what I can tell, it looks pretty good.

the only thing that bothers me is that you started all the veins with black borders on them ( a signal that you outlined them first, which is ok ).... but then at the ends of the veins, there were no borders at all

yea i figured some poeple might have this type of reaction toward the pencil outline, im planning on erasing all the borders. Thanks for the comment, good to hear from you.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-17 12:03:57

Is that second dude supposed to have a butt for a head?

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-17 18:58:50

At 12/17/08 12:03 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Is that second dude supposed to have a butt for a head?

XD i dont know man, it was just something i had to draw for class, my teacher assigned it.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-20 20:06:38

umm ok well i finished whatever the hell this is. i figured the whole colored pencil rape technique might give it a bit more style, i dont know you be the judge.

didnt really take me too long, its just sort of slapped together.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-20 20:10:05

a charcoal image, its suppose to be Obama.

i had to do this for my 3rd period art class so naturally i didnt try too hard.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-20 20:10:47

looks rly nice. Just like all other drawings, u nail it dude!

sig by RedLemure

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-20 20:16:12

At 12/20/08 08:10 PM, UMREE wrote: a charcoal image, its suppose to be Obama.

While it isn't excatly a mirror image, I can see familiar features nicely. Good job.

i had to do this for my 3rd period art class so naturally i didnt try too hard.

:P

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-20 20:17:51

thanks guys :D

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-26 21:26:38

wow i just found this in a stack of old paintings while i was inking a sketch.
this is something i painted for a very long time during my first month in my class with the aid of my teacher.

i remember that i got frustrated at one point, declared the project a failure, and started drawing something else lol.

now the reason for me bringing this old thing up is because i have recently started working with oil paints and thought that this would be a good example of how good i use to be and my new project would be a good example of the progress i have made (if any...)

the project is still a work in progress but i should be done with it by the end of the holidays.

anyway feel free to point out my mistakes.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-26 21:47:17

I like it a lot. Simple, but it still seems to draw out a lot of emotion.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-26 21:52:42

At 12/26/08 09:47 PM, 1N5AN3 wrote: I like it a lot. Simple, but it still seems to draw out a lot of emotion.

like what exactly? however, thank you in advance.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-26 21:57:51

The composition is perfect, focusing entirely on the face, off center just enough to keep it from feeling sterile. The emphasis on the facial detail as opposed to surroundings and hair really portrays deep emotion, and yet the simplicity of the piece makes it easily palatable without feeling too busy. I also really like the muted tones, as you've seen my art is usually really bright, I'm trying to learn to use subtler tones, because I really like the feel.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-27 04:24:41

At 12/26/08 09:57 PM, 1N5AN3 wrote: The composition is perfect, focusing entirely on the face, off center just enough to keep it from feeling sterile. The emphasis on the facial detail as opposed to surroundings and hair really portrays deep emotion, and yet the simplicity of the piece makes it easily palatable without feeling too busy.

well thats exactly what De Vinci was going for i suppose and i guess i did a nice job of capturing it even though this is an old failed project.

thank you :D

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-27 05:04:12

At 12/26/08 09:26 PM, UMREE wrote: this is something i painted for a very long time during my first month in my class with the aid of my teacher.

i remember that i got frustrated at one point, declared the project a failure, and started drawing something else lol.

now the reason for me bringing this old thing up is because i have recently started working with oil paints and thought that this would be a good example of how good i use to be and my new project would be a good example of the progress i have made (if any...)

the project is still a work in progress but i should be done with it by the end of the holidays.

I actually really like this painting! How big is it? Oil is so much fun. since it's still a work in progress, I'd like to tell ya it would be a good idea to add more linework in the hair on the upper right, It looks really flat right now and that would add a lot of texture.

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2008-12-27 14:33:30

At 12/27/08 05:04 AM, ArtistJ wrote: I actually really like this painting! How big is it? Oil is so much fun. since it's still a work in progress, I'd like to tell ya it would be a good idea to add more linework in the hair on the upper right, It looks really flat right now and that would add a lot of texture.

oh no you misunderstood me lol, i guess its my fault because my mind keeps jumping around XD

this is actually a very old acrylic painting which i posted for comparison with my new oil work in progress, which i will be posting in the later weeks to come.

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-09 20:42:14

this place is long overdue for an update, too bad all i have is crappy sketches. well have some paintings soon though, my parents have agreed to give me the garage to work in.

this is some famous guy, whats his name.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-10 00:48:51

no comments? ok heres something else.

some criticism would be greatly appriciated

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-11 00:04:27

At 1/9/09 08:42 PM, UMREE wrote: this is some famous guy, whats his name.

wutta q t. bug eyed mofo, gj

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-11 02:35:16

At 1/11/09 12:45 AM, threadwood wrote:
At 1/9/09 08:42 PM, UMREE wrote: this is some famous guy, whats his name.
would be wise to cite references:
the complete book of caricature

awww and that was my favorite one

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-11 02:39:14

At 1/10/09 12:48 AM, UMREE wrote: no comments? ok heres something else.

some criticism would be greatly appriciated

Theres a bit of a mannish look to her, i think it's mainly caused by her shoulders being as wide as her hips. A mans shoulders generally are, and a womans shoulders are almost always smaller.

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-11 04:24:22

At 1/11/09 12:45 AM, threadwood wrote: would be wise to cite references:
the complete book of caricature

thats not my source, well it is and its not.
my source is a crappy school printout which i received from my teacher in class.
sorry, i didnt really think it was necessary to post up references for my sketches, after all, these are just practice, my real work is with paint.

but for now, here is some more "practice"
this one is somewhat sourced, i did this right after that other woman sketch, so naturally i got bored and started to dick around.

Umree's stuff thread

Response to Umree's stuff thread 2009-01-11 04:32:11

heh nice....

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.