00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Davidmarin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew.

141,212 Views | 2,360 Replies

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 20:40:25

At 1/4/09 08:13 PM, Bloodman101 wrote:
At 1/4/09 07:53 PM, RubberTrucky wrote:
What's coming out of Prometheus' ass?

God of poop.
Discovered the uses of toilet and some other shits

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 20:43:43

I know this is off-topic but....

Welcome too page 7!!

Happy Page turn over! Yeah!!

Lol happy New year.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:07:05

At 1/4/09 08:43 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: I know this is off-topic but....

Welcome too page 7!!

Happy Page turn over! Yeah!!

Lol happy New year.

7 Pages in less than a month.. this crew is growing fast... This is cool the number 7 was lucky in Greece and Rome I think, because in the olden times they had only discovered 7 planets so the ancients made 7 days of the week.. and everyone thought 7 was a lucky number.

On Topic ( I hope. ):

Is there more than one Medusa-type-thing?

@ Matt and Prometheus

Lol, yeah the blood did look like shit... I wonder if that was a real painting, or perhaps fan art...

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:12:01

At 1/4/09 07:47 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Bloodman... Not too be ungrateful or anything but could you please not trible/double post? It's refererd too as spam. Thanks.

Guys can we stay on topic?

Can I have a contest, for the club?

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:27:23

At 1/4/09 09:12 PM, kittenclock wrote:
At 1/4/09 07:47 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Bloodman... Not too be ungrateful or anything but could you please not trible/double post? It's refererd too as spam. Thanks.

Guys can we stay on topic?
Can I have a contest, for the club?

What contest is that?

At 1/4/09 09:07 PM, Bloodman101 wrote:

Lol, yeah the blood did look like shit... I wonder if that was a real painting, or perhaps fan art...

It was a real Painting found on a vase. But the way it was showed on the website made it look more brownish, the real colour of it (like in my book) is black.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:27:49

Heh, Out of boredom I made some sigs, Just in case anyone wants to rep The AGMC... :D

Image number one: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2572/
greek2hi7.jpg
( I like this one better.)
Image number two: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6306/
greek1mr1.jpg

The pictures are a bit choppy, I tried to merge them together but the sig is too small..lol..

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:31:24

Ive seen the real picture aswell.

nice sigs man!

I HATE People who draw with circles and squares.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:37:11

Wow dude! Have you got photoshop or something? Them are amazing.

Temporary sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:38:55

At 1/4/09 07:47 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:

Whoa, dude, you changed your sig to the one I made, lol, thanks, But I thought you liked chainsaw's better, I know I did. :D. Thanks anyway.

At 1/4/09 09:31 PM, TLT007 wrote: Ive seen the real picture aswell.

nice sigs man!

Thanks for using them. :P

Just because you guys did that, I'll clean up the sigs and make them look a bit less choppy,. or Perhaps make more..

By the way, I don't have photoshop, I use GIMP, it's free, google it. :D

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:42:07

Bloodman101, maybe you can use another colors, or put names on it so other users can have it with their own names or dif color?

I want one XD

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:46:37

At 1/4/09 09:42 PM, Piromano wrote: Bloodman101, maybe you can use another colors, or put names on it so other users can have it with their own names or dif color?

I want one XD

lol, thanks... But dude, your sig is epic, but if you really want one, i'll make one. :D.

Also..

I have to go, having some visitors over soon.. so have to entertain them. :P.

Heres the cleaned up pic: http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image =greek2nb5.jpg

Unfortunately, the pics are old and not in high quality.. lol. so I couldn't clean up most of them.

Cya! :D

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 21:52:50

At 1/4/09 09:46 PM, Bloodman101 wrote:

Heres the cleaned up pic: http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image =greek2nb5.jpg

Unfortunately, the pics are old and not in high quality.. lol. so I couldn't clean up most of them.

Cya! :D

Just when i uploaded too too my userpage aswell! >:D

Yeah what piromano said, It's a great idea. If your not too busy maybe put that plan into action?

Yeah i do like Chainsaws sig, the one i got now is only temporary.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 23:26:33

Ok, well..
You guys tell me which ones you want and I'll try to slap your names on them..

Sig. 1: http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image =greek2ma5.jpg
Sig. 2: http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image =greek3bq5.jpg
Sig. 3: http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image =greek23zc4.jpg
Alt. Sig. 1: http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image =weirdke6.jpg ( Since Matt and some others are part of the Madness Combat Crew aswell as this club. )

For some of them there is not enough space to put your names... But I will try if you want.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 23:27:33

At 1/4/09 09:27 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: Heh, Out of boredom I made some sigs, Just in case anyone wants to rep The AGMC... :D

Image number one: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2572/
greek2hi7.jpg ( I like this one better.)
Image number two: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6306/
greek1mr1.jpg

As much as I love the sigs, I can't part with mine. The first place I posted was the MCC and the second crew I joined was the Newgrounds Police Department.

But when I get time I will throw a link in my sig for it! :D I love it here!

btw, does anyone remember how the Minotaur was born? That makes me laugh.

^^^Someone mentioned Greek myths being perverted xD

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 00:01:32

Here i have a real stumper for you guys.

Name This Mythological Creature

A gigantic winged monster that was part man and part beast, taller than the tallest mountain, under his arms there was a hundred dragon-heads, and below his thighs were the massive coils of vipers. He was father of the Echidna, Cerberus, Chimaera, Orthus, the Hydra, Nemean Lion, Sphinx, the Caucasian Eagle, and the Crommyonian Sow.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 01:08:06

Create your own greek god. Choose what they rule. Say what myth they created. Also say a sentence about them.

Here's mine for example:

Wadefulp the god of banning, wadefulp has his mystical weapon the ban hammer. He also has a system of bodyguards known as the moderators. Wadefulp is a kind god, but when angry at a mortal he will strike them with his ban hammer.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 01:54:13

At 1/5/09 01:08 AM, kittenclock wrote: Create your own greek god. Choose what they rule. Say what myth they created. Also say a sentence about them.

Here's mine for example:

Wadefulp the god of banning, wadefulp has his mystical weapon the ban hammer. He also has a system of bodyguards known as the moderators. Wadefulp is a kind god, but when angry at a mortal he will strike them with his ban hammer.

Uhh, I'll try.. :D

Zeusanna, God of RAGE!!, Zeusanna is Zeus's mother, Zuesanna is known for her awful temper, Some say Zeusanna got cursed and went into a perma period. Others say Zeus treated her like crap..
There is not much known of Zeusanna, if you talk about her she'll kill you....

Oh Shi-

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 02:27:00

Ismytiebackwards, the god of driving. He is the only god who drives a worn out green car.
He invented carpools. Also he is the roommate's brother of Poseidon.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 06:33:16

At 1/5/09 12:01 AM, permaximum1 wrote: Here i have a real stumper for you guys.

A gigantic winged monster that was part man and part beast, taller than the tallest mountain, under his arms there was a hundred dragon-heads, and below his thighs were the massive coils of vipers. He was father of the Echidna, Cerberus, Chimaera, Orthus, the Hydra, Nemean Lion, Sphinx, the Caucasian Eagle, and the Crommyonian Sow.

Typhon, obviously (or is it typhoon in English?)

Also @ Bloodman: what do you mean, medusa things? There are tons of beasts, yes.

The atlas question has been answered earlier. (Atlas was a Titan and lost the war)

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 07:40:30

At 1/5/09 06:33 AM, RubberTrucky wrote:

Typhon, obviously (or is it typhoon in English?)

Also @ Bloodman: what do you mean, medusa things? There are tons of beasts, yes.

The atlas question has been answered earlier. (Atlas was a Titan and lost the war)

I meant, is there more than one Medusa..
Like we know the original Medusa, but was there anymore? like minions of medusa or things that looked like Medusa and turned people into stone?

:D.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 07:46:24

lol, minions that look like her. :)
Mythology != a video game.

To be honest I'm not sure. She had her sisters (they were the gorgons) : Stheno and Euryale. Well Athena caught Medusa getting her rocks off with Poseidon, thus turning her into an ugly, pregnant creature. But that curse would not inflict her sisters. But I'm not sure.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 07:48:07

*Looks at greeks family tree...* Phorcis & Ceto... Mum and dad... Yeah i know! Echindna and Typhon! Farther and Mother of the Chimera, Hydra, Ceberus and Phaiaorthos & Echinda!

Do i win?

I might have a go at your competion after KittenClock.

Ok my Turn: This was the riddle the Sphynx gave Oedipus.

Another Easy one if you know about the Sphynx and Oeipus.

What creature of earth is it which has 4 legs, three legs and two legs, and is weaker the more legs it has?

Nice riddle Permaximum!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 07:52:05

The curse did effect medusa and her 2 sisters. they're all gorgans, they have the same powers as medusa. medusa i the most famous because, she was the one with curse origninaly.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 08:00:09

At 1/5/09 07:52 AM, TLT007 wrote: The curse did effect medusa and her 2 sisters. they're all gorgans, they have the same powers as medusa. medusa i the most famous because, she was the one with curse origninaly.

Ah ok, thanks..

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 08:33:59

Yeah, in a nutshell thats it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 08:38:41

Hay guys! BloodMan101 made me a new sig over MSN. It's awesome! Maybe if you ask him nice, he'll make you guys one :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 08:47:08

At 1/5/09 08:38 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Hay guys! BloodMan101 made me a new sig over MSN. It's awesome! Maybe if you ask him nice, he'll make you guys one :3

Yeah, I am awesome.. Thanks for the comment..

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 09:55:35

At 1/5/09 08:47 AM, Bloodman101 wrote:
At 1/5/09 08:38 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Hay guys! BloodMan101 made me a new sig over MSN. It's awesome! Maybe if you ask him nice, he'll make you guys one :3
Yeah, I am awesome.. Thanks for the comment..

So i heard you like dots, eh?

Do you of have any greek books? Or ever been too greece? I have. iv'e been to Athens, Kos, and Rhodes.

I saw the Pantheon which looks buetiful. I bought too books from their.

Most of everything was written by Homer in the Lliad and The Odyssey.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 09:58:04

OMG! W0W!!

I just went too have another look at the Members list and it's on page 5!! Matt only did it yesterday! Wow this crew's moving fast.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-05 10:24:23

I've been to Crete (Heraklion) one time. Went to visit the pallace of King Minos. Was boring though.

I have a copy of Robert Graves (the big book with a lot of greek mythology) and I've read a few texts during my courses in Greek and latin in high school.

Also the answer to the riddle is 'man, at the dawn of his life he is an infant, crawling on hand and feet. At the prime of his life, he's a grown man walking on both legs, at the evening of his life he's an old man supporting himself with a cane'.

I have a 'riddle' stacked up as sson as this answer is been checked to be okay.