00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew.

140,858 Views | 2,360 Replies

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 12:07:55

Lets just all Agree that 300 was a awesome move, exaggerated the Persians, made Xerxes look diffrent, (He was'nt bald, he had a huge beard) and skipped the Massive Navy battle. But his the nail on the head witht he fighting bit.

Anyone want too add something feel free.

Ok New topic, anyone want too start off?

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 12:13:16

Everyone Congrats on the club getting 5 pages long without any flaws!

I'm proud of you guys and im glad i can call you friends!

The updated Members list should be out by tonight i want all of you too comment on it ok? :D

Thanks again guys.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 12:14:38

Anyone read the the series by Rick Riordan? Percy Jackson and the Olypians. The first one is the lightning theif.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 12:16:28

At 1/3/09 12:14 PM, ihunt247 wrote: Anyone read the the series by Rick Riordan? Percy Jackson and the Olypians. The first one is the lightning theif.

What?

Oh yeah! I cant wait for the Updated mems list! I wander what you gonna say about me :D

*crosses fingers* please be good.

I HATE People who draw with circles and squares.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 12:23:41

Its about this kid who figures out his dad is Posiden and over the 4 books that r out so far he is trying to stop Kronos (the king of titens) from regaining power. Its a pretty good series and has lots of mythology.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 13:32:53

im back ok ive got another game for the people best feat that hercules did mine is getting the golden apples of eternal life he was caught by atlas and atlas tricked him into carrieing the sky for him but then hercules tricked atlas into taking it back and stole the apples from the tree then ran away before atlas's daughters caught him

I'm the thing that goes bump in the night and eats the little children.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 13:46:13

Unfortunitly i'll have too post pone the update on the Members list tommorow.

New users please check Page 4 too see what it's like. Should give you a idea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 15:26:55

By far Hercules greatest deed was either killing the Hydra of defeating the giants. The hydra becuase that thing is just insane and Hercules just killed it and then used the blood as posion on his arrows. The giants becuase the gods couldn't kill the giants so they needed Hercules help. If he hadn't helped them then they would be in prison somewhere.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 19:02:21

At 1/3/09 12:07 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: made Xerxes look diffrent, (He was'nt bald, he had a huge beard)

Do we have any proof he had a beard? You cant really tell from the skeleton can you?

Though I suppose pretty much all the persians had beards.

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 19:27:29

lol, damn, one nights sleep and a whole new page arrives, lol..

Anyway, Thanks for the information on Pandora and her Box... pretty interesting..

And also, proof that Xerxes had a beard.. maybe architects (Whatever they're called, the people that examine ruins and stuff.) found several paintings of Xerxes or something?

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 19:40:43

At 1/3/09 12:07 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Lets just all Agree that 300 was a awesome move,

Did anybody see Meet the Spartans? I know it wasn't exactly the most historically accurate movie ever, but it was a damn funny spoof.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 20:07:14

At 1/3/09 07:40 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 1/3/09 12:07 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Lets just all Agree that 300 was a awesome move,
Did anybody see Meet the Spartans? I know it wasn't exactly the most historically accurate movie ever, but it was a damn funny spoof.

I heard it was good, but never got the chance to watch it.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 20:11:34

Do we have any proof he had a beard? You cant really tell from the skeleton can you?

Well, we just base the appearance of the gods through paintings. Thats what we do for all of the gods, we can't actually determine their exact appearance because we've never seen them.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 20:45:48

Anyone remember the name of this guy who gift the mortals the fire?
It was Atlas, right? I remember that because of that he was prisioned to pull a rock up to a mountain again and again. Later Hercules set him free or something

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 20:47:19

At 1/3/09 08:45 PM, Piromano wrote:
It was Atlas, right?

I thought Atlas carried the world on his shoulders.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 20:53:21

At 1/3/09 08:47 PM, DocSprite wrote:
It was Atlas, right?
I thought Atlas carried the world on his shoulders.

Oh, yes you're right.
Then he tricked Hercules to do that for him for a while

Then it was another guy

I don't remember the name though

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 21:54:06

On the subject of the Persians walking across water, I wasn't serious. They never used air bags. They built a bridge.

for anymore info on the 300 or the persians, try History Channel

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 22:29:11

At 1/3/09 08:53 PM, Piromano wrote:
Oh, yes you're right.
Then he tricked Hercules to do that for him for a while

One of my favorite myths was of Hercules and his tasks.

did you guys like that myth.

My favorite task would be him fighting either the Hydra, or the lion (I love mythological monsters :3)

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 22:34:44

At 1/3/09 08:53 PM, Piromano wrote:
At 1/3/09 08:47 PM, DocSprite wrote:
Then it was another guy..

Prometheus? Kronos?

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 23:02:27

is just me or is greek mythology very perverted? also who would say doesn't desereve the titlte of titan? and oh add to the as new to greek.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-03 23:04:36

srryfor double post i meant to say put me as " new to greek"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 01:06:20

At 1/3/09 08:45 PM, Piromano wrote: Anyone remember the name of this guy who gift the mortals the fire?
It was Atlas, right? I remember that because of that he was prisioned to pull a rock up to a mountain again and again. Later Hercules set him free or something

Ok it was Prometeus who gave the fire to the humans not atlas. Similar they are both titans, but Prometheus is a good titian and Atlas is bad. Promethus' punishment was to have his organs eaten out everyday until Hurc. killed the eagle that ate out his organs

At 1/3/09 11:02 PM, kidd25 wrote: is just me or is greek mythology very perverted? also who would say doesn't desereve the titlte of titan? and oh add to the as new to greek.

Well the title of Titan isn't just given away it is a race of beings. Like the giants or gods. The titans are like gods in that they are immortal and they came before the gods, and were evil. Also greek mythology is very preverted. One of the most preverous stories is the story of Cronus. I just call it the incident. So basically Zeus goes to his dad who is a titan with a magic sickle and cuts his balls off. They then go falling down to earth and whereever a drop of blood landed a giant sprung up. And that is how giants are made.

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 04:43:34

At 1/4/09 01:06 AM, permaximum1 wrote:
One of the most preverous stories is the story of Cronus. I just call it the incident. So basically Zeus goes to his dad who is a titan with a magic sickle and cuts his balls off. They then go falling down to earth and whereever a drop of blood landed a giant sprung up. And that is how giants are made.

Lololol, lololololol, lololol, damn, thats ridiculous, do you have a link to a wiki article based on that?

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 07:08:00

At 1/4/09 01:06 AM, permaximum1 wrote: Ok it was Prometeus who gave the fire to the humans not atlas. Similar they are both titans, but Prometheus is a good titian and Atlas is bad. Promethus' punishment was to have his organs eaten out everyday until Hurc. killed the eagle that ate out his organs

Ohh yes, you're right.
Then I'm very dazzed and confused.
I need to read moe mythology

At 1/3/09 11:02 PM, kidd25 wrote:
So basically Zeus goes to his dad who is a titan with a magic sickle and cuts his balls off. They then go falling down to earth and whereever a drop of blood landed a giant sprung up. And that is how giants are made.

Hahahaha. Funny and true

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 11:09:40

The proof we had of Xerxes having a beard was paintings drawn of him.

He built a bridge too get his army across the helmesspot and the bridge collapsed. Xerxes orderd the sea too receive 1000 lashes and give orders for torturers too even drop boiling iron into it. He's Nuts.

Yeah i saw Meet the Spartans. Hilarious! :D

Prometeus who gave the fire to the humans not Atlas! Zues punished him but tieing him too a chair west of the world and had a eagle swore down eat his liver everyday. At night his Liver grew back and he had too endure the torment for 30 years untill Hercules set him free.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 11:52:05

The Updated Members List - 04/01/09 - 16:17.

The list is made up on whoever joined up first then the rest.
1. Matt2k8 - Posts constanly - Founder of the crew. His favorite Unit is the Spartan Hoplite.

2. TLT007 - Posts Commonly - 1st Member. He is Learning lots about Greek mythology and is building up his knowledge.

3. Permaximum1 - Posts constanly - Second member. He has a HUGE inteligence on Greek mythology and loves a good book or two on Mythology.

4. Ninja-Without-Sight - Only posted once :( - With his first post he displayed that he knows quite abit about Greek Mythology.

5. KittenClock - Posts commonly - One of the Members i like too refer too as one of the Orgininaly Members just like Permaximum1, He knows alot about the Greeks.

6. Phantom - Posts rarely - Likes Mythology Related games. Nice too have another gamer here.

7. Docsprite - posts commonly - Owner of the Cartoons club. He is finding out more and more about Greek mythology now that he has joined the crew.

8. Bloodman101 - Posts constanly - A friend outside the crew. He has impressed me with his knowledge on Greek mythology and i'm glad too call him Friend.

9. Darkside - Posts commonly - His favorite Greek tale is Ophous and Eurydice, He finds it tragic :D

10. Gagsy - Posts commonly - Greek Mythology has always been a big intrest too him, but claims he does'nt know much and wishes too know more.

11. VampireKiller65 - Posted once - Not much is known about this User.

12. CheeseKnowsTheFuture - Posted once, was'nt a intresting post either - Nothing is known on this User.

13. Sinskae - Posts constanly - Another friend outside the Crew. Me, Sinskae, Bloodman101 and Chainsawmurder are all the Madness combat crews Regulars. Sinskae is a nice guy too be around knows alot about the Greeks.

14. Piromano - Posts commonly - Likes mythology. Favorite God Hades. Kinda like me ;)

15. Nev - Posts commonly - Most of his knowledge is from Wiki, but theirs no problem. A nice user.

16. RubberTrucky - Posts commonly - New User. Knows quite alot of Greek mythology. Nice Newbie.

17. Ihunt247 - Posts commonly - Likes how the Greek Hero's win against all odds.

18. ChainsawMurderer53 - Posts commonly - Another friend outside the crew. Loves greek Mythology and knows quite abit on them. A very friendly User!

18 Members! Whoa!

Thats guys, without you all this would'nt be possible.

I am not sure if Kidd25 is a member. So we'll leave his name there for now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 13:57:04

At 1/4/09 11:52 AM, Matt2k8 wrote:
10. Gagsy - Posts commonly - Greek Mythology has always been a big intrest too him, but claims he does'nt know much and wishes too know more.

Pssh, I'm actually a girl! My profile just lies to avoid annoying PMs.

Also, you guys may be interested in something I'm collecting. It's a magazine called Beast And Beings. Gives you stories (cut down largely of course) about mythology stuff - People/Gods, places, relics, monsters. The usual stuff, and with every issues comes a new figure. While they aren't all of Greek mythology, I thought you lot would still like a look. So this is my collection so far;

Ignore the Star Wars thing and teddy in the middle =P

The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 14:37:05

Wow, cool.

I'm sorry for calling you a boy. D: Unforunitly Newgrounds does'nt have a Edit button. Sorry. :C

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 14:53:07

NEW GAME!

NAME THAT MYTHICLE CREATURE!

First one is easy.

My parents go by the names Phorcys and Ceto, curse the one named Athena, she made me a monster. If you stair into my eyes, your death will be swift and hard, like stone. I have three sisters we are referd too as the **** sisters.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ancient Greek Mythology Crew. 2009-01-04 14:55:09

Medusa.

amiright?