Reviews for "Crisis Command"

I like the concept of this game too, and I totally understand that game jam games don't always get "finished", but it would be cool if, when you make decisions, you could force humans to prioritize wheat or lumber... I kept running into the problem of my humans doing a lot of forestry and then they'd all starve xD
That being said, I did play 3 rounds and got 2 achievements :D

Thanks for the review :)

Yeah one goal is to balance wheat and lumber. And you can only prioritize them in the brief "crisis" moments. But if you get too much lumber then you get more "crisis" moments (eventually, but famine will already start by then probably)...So, that's the balance of the game.

It's a really idle game where you don't do much XD ... It's not supposed to be very exciting, but somehow I got addicted to playing it myself, so I wanted to share.

This is quite unique. I really like the random elements to it, a great concept. Gameplay reminds me a little of Populous

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thanks for the review. Glad someone likes this type of games :)

I like the idea, but it needs a lot of work.
The game gets very boring incredibly fast, but if you put more work into it,
i (and multiple other people) could give it a much higher rating.
A little more control would be nice, and maybe more enemy types, and more materials to collect.

Other then that, this could be a very good game, all it needs is more content, and better controls.

I know this is supposed to be a passive game, which is part of the charm, but one would think the peasants would have at least some basic intelligence - like grabbing wheat if they're near it. With large populations, you have to tell them to gather food.

As mentioned before, the "what should we do" moments are so random and inopportune (e.g., in the middle of a fight) as to be almost useless. Maybe those moments should happen at some regular or predictable points (at a score threshold, after so many seconds, etc.), or when those moments come, the player can at least choose where the circle is. This would retain the passive feature while giving a bit more useful control.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Yes, the control moments are random, but a lot of the time you can give a command that can cause more than one target to be approached (for example to confront a monster + gather wood, or gather wheat + the trees behind it, or escape combat + learn a weapon mastery...)

A little too frustrating honestly to enjoy. When hoping that these little guys will do the right thing I would often find that a lot of them died due to famine. Most of the time it was because they'd be walking towards some wheat and then turn around before grabbing it. As well I noticed that the Circle would appear most often when units in combat were reaching low life which makes sense; gotta keep those guys alive. When I chose to attack though they just bundle on top of the baddie then get hit before making their move. Shouldn't they attack first, especially other ones rallying to attack?

Overall it's a tough challenge. There's just too much lack of control to be considered really fun in my opinion