Reviews for "Crisis Command"

This is quite unique. I really like the random elements to it, a great concept. Gameplay reminds me a little of Populous

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thanks for the review. Glad someone likes this type of games :)

I like the idea, but it needs a lot of work.
The game gets very boring incredibly fast, but if you put more work into it,
i (and multiple other people) could give it a much higher rating.
A little more control would be nice, and maybe more enemy types, and more materials to collect.

Other then that, this could be a very good game, all it needs is more content, and better controls.

I know this is supposed to be a passive game, which is part of the charm, but one would think the peasants would have at least some basic intelligence - like grabbing wheat if they're near it. With large populations, you have to tell them to gather food.

As mentioned before, the "what should we do" moments are so random and inopportune (e.g., in the middle of a fight) as to be almost useless. Maybe those moments should happen at some regular or predictable points (at a score threshold, after so many seconds, etc.), or when those moments come, the player can at least choose where the circle is. This would retain the passive feature while giving a bit more useful control.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Yes, the control moments are random, but a lot of the time you can give a command that can cause more than one target to be approached (for example to confront a monster + gather wood, or gather wheat + the trees behind it, or escape combat + learn a weapon mastery...)

A little too frustrating honestly to enjoy. When hoping that these little guys will do the right thing I would often find that a lot of them died due to famine. Most of the time it was because they'd be walking towards some wheat and then turn around before grabbing it. As well I noticed that the Circle would appear most often when units in combat were reaching low life which makes sense; gotta keep those guys alive. When I chose to attack though they just bundle on top of the baddie then get hit before making their move. Shouldn't they attack first, especially other ones rallying to attack?

Overall it's a tough challenge. There's just too much lack of control to be considered really fun in my opinion

I like the idea behind the game but at the same time it feels very passive. On the other hand I do consider that to be one of its charms but that might not be for everyone. Around the the 800 score mark I found the gameplay started to get a bit jagged though which takes a bit away from the experience of sitting there and watching your village function

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thanks for the review :) It's funny most people hate just sitting and watching.. but everyone has their own taste