Reviews for "Crisis Command"

Got me hooked for a while (score: 1851). I realized that equilibrium is at a population of ~11, but as soon as the forest is diminished, it mandatory to command cutting wood soon enough, if you want a score above 2000. So as soon as you hit equilibrium, make sure to gather wood. Otherwise you will die out, because the probability for your workers to gather wood goes against 0.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

You are a pro :) I don't think I ever got 2000 score myself

I like the idea but a lot could have been imporved. There are a lot of things I don't udnerstand

For exmaple I don't know what houes do. Do they improve popualtion limit? Increase birth rate? Ps what is the maximum population limit because I think I achieved it but I can't be sure.

No return button is major flat - if you want to replay you want to reload the site.

What does it mean that hp bar turned to gray?

Circle of command happens really rarely for most of the time I forced to just sit and watch. Guess that's what happens when you ahev happy community :/

Minor bug. enemies are on hgiher layer than UI they can get in front of it.

Famine is brutal. I kinda like it.

Biggest flaw - no target for the player.

Overall: nice game but flawed in a lot of ways.

Has there been tweaking? Because I played this several times and it seems it changes everyday. (1st day was average difficulty, yesterday was easy - some farmers even learnt to carry a sword by themselves. Today seeing that the forest medals is working, I thought I'd try again, but its much harder now. On 3 tries I haven't managed to win yet. 1st try, I lost 50% of my tower on the 1st monster. It looks like more monsters attack the tower and seem to need a lot more arrows to be killed.)
I imagine that balancing the game isn't an easy task, and today its a bit too tough -imo. Still its a fun little time waster when we manage to live a bit longer.

Game generally ended when there was no more wood - Deforestation, a reflection of our story?

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

You're right that it isn't easy to balance, but since publishing on Newgrounds there was NOT any tweaking to the game-play (the only thing I changed was the achievement fix). It just feels a different difficulty each time because so much of the game is random, so yeah, you can potentially get a really crappy starting situation !
I just like to make games that surprise me. And this one is so random, that for this game I didn't know how to play from simply coding it, I only learned how to play after actually sitting & playing it for a long time.

And yes exactly, I had to make it a point that some resources can't be replaced :)

There is no saving those stupid peasants

Good work on this mechanics need work however