Reviews for "BLISS (Part 2)"

See dog. See dog run. See boy run. See me kind of bored.

I can say the art is clean, good job there, but this was one story that just didn't go anywhere new or different for me.

I could swear to God this had already been submitted like five months ago.

BryanV responds:

I re used some scenes in the first few minutes because it's supposed to be the same event of the last cartoon I made just from another perspective

I didn't like the amount of overuse in this. Dog, boy, boy-dog. Meh, I've seen it all enough to know it's a cliche. But this is just my opinion.

2.5/5

Slow as watching dirt grow, so many unnecessary moments and scenes. Some of the shots were decent but most of them were super uniformely spaced and at the same claustrophobic zoom so the movie felt like super repetitive mush at some points. Zooming THAT far into the face is used rarely - and almost exclusively to make major emotional moments stand out. You used a super close camera constantly and it became ineffective.

So vary up your cut spacing, don't cut so fast (it's a sign of poor action), keep track of how zoomed in each scene is to watch for repetition, zoom the heck out to establish spacial relationships, and don't plan for meaningless time-consuming moments.

Those all could have been detected in the storyboard or animatic; you should go through as many pro films as you can, pick random scenes and storyboard them. Memorize the subtleties (zoom, timing, camera movement, frame offset in relation to which way a character is looking, how much new visual/auditory info is in each scene) and stand on the shoulders of giants.

Ahah.. I accidentally pressed 0 on my vote.. All I can do is give you 5 stars. I can say that this animation is just wonderful, I love it.