Reviews for "Death Count"

This game is really good and has a great potential, make it harder.
Theres 1 thing that annoys me though, its the late jumping.

I created an account specifically for this game. For the five years I've been browsing through Newgrounds, nothing has made me more compelled to create an account just to write this.

The game is bland and plain, almost to the point in where I found myself thinking it was a prototype and not an actual broken game. The controls are sloppy in relation to how the levels were designed so the argument of "it's a feature" is off the table. The only redeeming quality about the game is it's ability to make you feel like a clever sonovab**ch after the tricky levels, but really it just feels like it's more luck than actually skill. Don't get me wrong though, a scant few hard levels in here are well-designed to make you think and time it right, but more often than not the 'hard' levels are just how lucky can you get. It also doesn't help that you have arbitrary text in the background that is completely of no use. It either mocks the player or just doesn't help at all.

With that being said, it's a pretty good game IF it was your first game. May I suggest playing through 'This is the Only Level'? It's here on Newgrounds and it would help if you could finish the game and study it, so as to get an idea for an improvement for your next platformer. Also I'd suggest playing through 'Loved' to inspire you in giving your concepts and text more weight. If you're interest in combining platforming and story, then you should also take a look at 'The Company of Myself'. It's not a great example as an intricate story, but it's a pretty damn good example of conveying story through gameplay.

You have potential, but I'll have to say that what I've played through now is barely a game. Again, it's a prototype. I hope I'll see your next game up in the 'Greatest' selections as well, but this time as a nicer, well-polished one.

Good luck,
Hawkspire

After beating this on both the hardest and normal-est difficulties, I have two complaints. The jump is slightly late, and makes the game feel unfair because of it's own programming. Second, is the physics engine. The physics engine made some of the levels feel like they were more about luck, than actual platforming. Other than these small problems, it was enjoyable, short, and to the point which I like :D

Great game for the modern intellectual! Will it to be, more sequels of these?

a short, neat little retro platformer. exactly what i wanted it to be. thanks