Reviews for "chestnut avenue (101)"

an intriguing game i enjoyed this but it was hard id think it would help people if you gave little hints and id like to know whats the story behind all this but good game

its good i like it its exceptional in hardness and i like a good hard game and your mom liked my good hard game last night fuck you people i can post stupid nonsense if i want and act like a total jerk to but seriosly man good game

Quite good. It took me a hell of a time to figure out how to connect the cables. Maybe I´m just plain stupid, or maybe you should inform the player that a double-click is necessary in this only place.
I think you made an escape-game that is a little different to the rest of ém - That´s very satisfying. Work a little more on your ideas for the next chapter and nobody knows what greatness that can be achieved.

Very hard, it didn't look like there were locks on the doors :(

Puzzle-wise, quite a good "escape the room" style game. I enjoyed the difficulty of the puzzles: although to be fair the number puzzle is probably a little obtuse for anyone who is not good at recognising number sequences... especially because of where you choose to place the arrow. You get full marks for the final clue to opening the green box - that one made me think. (Think: 8 numbers, 8 letters, two sets of dials, why letters and numbers?)

The BIG problem with this game is there is no in-game motivation to "escape the room" and certainly no in-game reward for escaping: and of course there was the ever present open windows...

Another problem is the lack of player feedback: if I click on a locked door, its nice to get a locked door noise - true I am nitpicking: but either I can interact with everything (eg open all the drawers and cupboards & light the candle in the bedroom) OR what I can interact with gives me some feedback when I interact with it unsuccessfully. For me this meant the game was boring to play: you only get something out of it when you are successful, otherwise nothing. (Maybe sitting there and rattling the locks helps me think?!)

BTW I actually quite liked the visual style & music (calming) - which is probably the only reason I finally managed to solve this and not give up.