Reviews for "Gap Monsters"

Probably the best game I've ever played! I've always been a fan of the idea of negative space, whether it was in books, movies, games, or other stuff, and I have o say good job! I love the gameplay and the fact that it has a level editor is fantastic! This is literally the most fun game I've ever played! I love making the levels and stuff! The music is great too!

Although I can't tell you how many times I accidentally clicked on what I didn't want and it cost me a move so I had to start over. Maybe add something where if you drag something but move it back to the same spot it won't cost as a move or something like that. Overall i'ts an amazing game though! I look forward to playing your other games!

Amazing. It opens the world for hilarious creations.
If there were 3 colors it would be a clusterfuck of confusion.

I really love this game. In fact, this game is the reason I joined Newgrounds. There's one issue, though. I had already completed all the game's levels, all but 4 of which I had beat within the Star Moves. When I registered, my achievements were not kept, but the levels were. Somehow, this resulted in my being able to redo the Completion achievements, but not the Star completion achievements.

I.E. When I completed the first third of the levels within the star moves for the second time, I only got the "Black and White" achievement, and not the "Twinkle" achievement.

As to why this game is so great, you really just have to play it yourself. I haven't played a vast collection of games, so I don't know if the idea of a negative space puzzle game is actually new, but it's certainly interesting. I remember playing this a few years ago and, while some of the puzzles were a lot more rage-inducing to me at the time, the game was still completely fun and addictive. I recommend this game to anyone, at any age, especially if you enjoy puzzle games. The theme of escorting tiny, adorable-looking monsters to their heart-wrenching destinies is a nice touch, too.

However, another small issue I had was with the few levels that require more hand-eye coordination and/or speed with your trackpad/mouse than they do puzzle-solving skill. In the end, they aren't all that hard (although I think I had a lot more trouble with them when I played this a few years ago), but I feel they detract from the overall experience.

God I hate puzzle games like this but this one is so well done I have to give credit where credit is due. This is brain-bendingly difficult. How the hell did someone come up with this? I really like how there's a significant difference in difficulty between a star completion and a normal completion. The gameplay is simple yet clever and varied, and has the potential for both skill and strategy-based gameplay. The graphics and sound are simple but don't need to be complicated. What little physics do exist in the game are coded well.

I really can't think of anything that this game needs. Possibly more of a plot, different themes, or a better soundtrack. Other than that this is really amazing.

Cool game! :)