For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 1 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Out by the shipyard"

Shipyard

Excellent. Your skill is amazing. Your effort and ability can bee seen in this piece. The attention to detail is meticulous. The amount of information placed into this single panel is amazing. Some of the buildings demonstrate a fair amount0 of creativity. The light has a realistic effect. The hazy feel of the painting only elevates its value. This work has made routine industrial life interesting. I have but a single complaint. The water. You capable of so much more than what is given to us in your dull stream of grey. Why torture us so? Present us with something magical. Something amazing.

--Last Guardian

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

Your compliments are definitely most humbling.
The water, I did, actually play around with drawing a lot of reflections and stuff. I felt that it took away from the sky too much - I wanted the water to be dull; in essence I wanted to be almost sludgy and seem aesthetically it was faded. It was a conscious thing I did, the reflection one looked good but I didn't like it. Also more detail detracted from the little man fishing, he got lost in the detail. I had a boat (rough drawn) and a pier, but I got rid them on purpose.
Much love, peace.

Excellent!

Do you have any pieces for sell?
It's really beaultiful, I can't really see anything wrong with putting it on my Liv room.

Wow

I really thought this was beautiful when i saw it. You should be proud.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

I am indeed, I didn't expect to make FP and it has been really humbling, I'm very thankful for the NG community.

best yet

ive seen cool art at the museum but this would make the top most awsome (does this guy take request i have an idea for this guy)

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

I don't normally do requests, but I'm open to ideas and if I think it is feasible I will definitely attempt it. Thank you for your compliments too much appreciated.

Reading the review below...

...My god I want to see that flash! This is very great indeed!

Personally, I love futuristic types of art, especially if there's a city or landscape involved. I've started a small collection of really awesome artwork and this one is definately going straight into that certain folder!

Let me say first of all: great shadow works, everything seemed so real, (this is gonna sound lame :P) it's like I can walk straight into there. Also, even though it the city seems empty, there's a lot to see, take the factory(?) and the few people there. I love the one who's fishing, it seems perfectly fitting with the emptyness of the city.

Then lastly, the colourwork; great. From every detail in front to the far lands in the back, just great.

While I am typing this I'm thinking how to not give this a 10/10 by finding anything I don't like, but I really can't find anything bad, your 10 is well deserved, good job!

10/10 5/5, keep it up!

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

I think the most important thing here is that with this artwork, especially, I tried to imagine a scene and work off that. It helps in that case because you're already imagining a world in your head, thus the details seem more natural. Like I said earlier - there are colors I would have wished to have used, which I hope to use in my other artworks.
And cheers, I'm still figuring out kinks in actionscript and haven't even begun art assets but this is the art direction I will be using.