Reviews for "Out by the shipyard"

Great Art

Really awesome, looks like a futuristic Cleveland/Detroit type city. I like this a lot. Could be a city in a video game or something. Keep up the great work

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

Actually, the inspiration for this is based on a Flash game I'm working - I'm hoping to use this type of aesthetic for the game itself.

Its a great piece

Lovely work of art, would buy if it was a framed portrait. Sad thing is im so looking forward to Star wars old repulbic i thought it was a space port.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

Much agreed on the Star Wars OR part of that comment!

Surprising

At first I thought this was just a cool landscape, but when I looked at the larger version, spotted the fisherman and the other three figures kind of walking along, I got a really peaceful feeling from it. Really nice work.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

That is one of the main things I wanted to portray here, something so small can change the entire outlook of something so immense. The difference between the people being in and out of the picture is so great that the entire artwork instantly changes.

nicely put together piece.

I was looking at this for awhile and I and I like the composition. I was immediately attracted to the structure on the left then my eyes slowly drifted across the piece. I'm guessing you know a thing or two about color theory, there's a good balance between warm and neutral colors. I don't know much about color theory but I would add something. (keep this in mind, this only my preference.) I would add a little more complementary colors on some the buildings or objects, of course that may not be the style you were going for or maybe I'm missing something.

I'd also like to add that this reminds me of some concept art, this one specifically.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

Spot on with the complimentary colors, it was my intention to also use pastel blue and reds, however I couldn't find a well enough balance with the browns and hence decided to leave them out. Had the sky been tinted blue, I think the pastels would've worked (blue/white) however I limited the use of color pretty strongly from the start.
The concept art I just had a look at is pretty much the future style I would like to master. Thanks for that though!

Beautiful.